Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E02: Tanisha L.

• Start Topic

Tanisha was living the dream life as an assistant to rap icon, Snoop Dogg. But when her fiance was brutally killed in front of her, grief-stricken, Tanisha turned to her mother, who introduced her to heroin. Tanisha has become a full-time junkie, and her family is terrified that without help, they will lose her.

I was hoping for a cameo by Snoop but knew that would not happen.   I am really hopeful for her. She was so likable and really knew she needed a better life. 

So is PTV not summarizing this show anymore? 

• Love 6

I liked Tanisha as well, and I'm glad she got some help.

I suspect she was already dabbling in hard drugs before she jumped head first into heroin. Being in the entertainment industry and so close to a very successful artist, drugs and alcohol was no doubt everywhere and it is more likely than not that she dabbled in them. However, when her boyfriend was murdered before her eyes, as stated, that sent her into a tailspin.

I know her plan is to return to Los Angeles and get into sober living there, but I'm not sure that's a wise idea. It's understandable why she wishes to do this, being as her family, specifically her sister who she is closest to, is there, but I don't know. Her mom is toxic and living so close to her Tanisha could easily slip back into that mode of feeling like she needs to take care of her which could lead back to that neighborhood and a relapse. 

I do wish her well though in her recovery. 

• Love 3

I can never understand parents who encourage their offspring to try drugs.  I've done my best to keep my offspring away from it. I just don't get it.  

I also doubt that Snoop Dog didn't know about the heroin use during the 5 years she worked for him while she was using.   I'm sure he knows the signs. 

• Love 2

That 'mother' made me so angry! From being the one to initially inject her daughter with heroin and basically being the child in the mother/daughter relationship to subjecting her kids to abuse from the men she brought into the household. In addition, it sounded like Tanisha sacrificed a lot to take care of her mother and siblings after the step father died. Most of that I can understand to a degree as I know the mother is sick and we have no idea what life events led up to her addiction. What I found absolutely heartbreaking and angering was the fact that she could only manage to stay in treatment for 10 days! After all Tanisha had been through due to her mother's addiction and all she'd sacrificed, it just seemed like the least she could do was stay in treatment for the duration. If she relapsed after treatment, that's one thing but to not even stick it out after detoxing is just mind boggling. 

18 hours ago, Enero said:

I suspect she was already dabbling in hard drugs before she jumped head first into heroin.

I agree that's a strong possibility because at one point, Tanisha said she asked her mother what heroin was like and she replied to say something like it was just like a 'zanibar' times ten. I'm assuming that's slang for xanax and therefore her mother may have known Tanisha used prescription drugs recreationally, otherwise that comparison wouldn't have made much sense.

It seems like Tanisha is a really focused, type A kind of personality and that gives me hope that she will take all that drive and apply it to ensuring she works her program and stays clean. I do also hope against hope that her mother ends up successfully completing treatment at some point and the entire family can really heal as a unit.

• Love 3