Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Lips Don't Lie

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, CaughtOnTape said:

How do we know it was the next day?  It was just her next segment.  Doesn't mean it was the next day.  

I'm also kind of done with this whole idea that we have to be hyper aware of how a kid views something these days.  I doubt Nova even noticed.  

Good point.  The editing and time lines have always been wonky and this season is just the same.  

Who else remembers when they used to go back and recreate scenes with the girls wearing wigs?

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

My point was - they're not telling Nova, "You're too young to straighten your hair. You can make that decision when you're older." (Which I agree with.) They're saying, "Embrace your natural hair, it's lovely just the way it is!" And then Brianna comes in the next day and has clearly straightened her curly hair. It felt a bit hypocritical, to me. 

I get what you are saying, I wonder if there was a more practical reason to saying no to Nova, straightening can be really damaging to hair, especially curly hair because it takes so much heat to do it. I don't know the texture of Nova's hair specifically, but some ethnic hair types are more susceptible to damage so I wonder if that had any part in the answer Briana gave. 

When I was in elementary school I wanted a perm so bad (it was the early 90's)... but my mom stood her ground and said no, I am now so thankful but at the time I was so mad and said it wasn't fair because her hair was permed.

• Love 5

Why is it I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop with these girls.  Yes Cole is a prince compared to the other guys on the show but for some reason I think he bores Chelsea.  She has always liked the drama of Adam from the time she was 16 and pregnant.  I hope Cole stays because Aubree really needs him and it's giving Randy a break.

I never thought I could not like anybody as much as I unlike Janelle but Kail is a real piece of work.  Imagine her in charge of YOUR son.  That's how Javi has to feel.  She's a tramp raising his and Jo's son.  That has to make anybody crazy.  Now she is trying to take his livlihood away from him.  No wonder nobody in her family speaks to her.

Poor little Jace just never had a chance.  He's now acting out the life he has been living.  I remember him sitting in the corner listening.  Now his anger comes out. 

Brianna just seems to be a terrible man magnet.  The children suffer.  BTW has she decided to keep this new baby?  No mention last night.

• Love 7

How do we know it was the next day?  It was just her next segment.  Doesn't mean it was the next day.  

I'm also kind of done with this whole idea that we have to be hyper aware of how a kid views something these days.  I doubt Nova even noticed.  

If we dissected the editing of each episode, this would be a really boring forensic forum. Plus, I don't agree that this has anything to do with the point being made. 

Yes, Babe1, Babe2's proposal was just sooooooo different & original! I'd never think to propose to someone by taking them to a pretty place & bending down on one knee. This show is groundbreaking. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

And how cute was Aubree's birthday card for Cole? His response - "She makes me feel good all the time" - just killed me. 

Oh, and there was a moment of Watson sleeping where he looked JUST like Aubree. 

Brianna can lose me with her "white girls can't even keep hair in a braid" comment. Um, yes we can. How about making your daughter feel better about her race without insulting others?  Also, did anyone else think it was kind of shitty that Nova was begging to have her hair straightened, was shot down, and then the NEXT scene Briana straightens HERS??? 

I really hope it's not too late for little Jace. Hearing that he hits Barb, and expresses no remorse over it, bothers me. Sigh....sometimes he just seems so sweet and innocent. But he's a growing boy, and this could get scary. Sigh....

I just really need to know why Jenelle feels she needs a formal living room? And SHE was the one wearing sunglasses inside this time. I think that bitch has been high-high-ya-both-high ever since she gave birth. 

Fuck you, Nathan, with your "WTF kind of name is Ensley?" - your son's name is KAISER. Glass houses and all. 

Cole just melted my heart at that moment. He's such a nice sweet goofy guy. Watson seems to be a lovely easy baby! I've barely even heard a peep from him, he just hangs out and naps like a little angel.

Brianna and the coven could have at least validated Nova's feelings before piling on her and telling her that she's wrong to feel the way she does. And I noticed the flat ironed hair too, LOL!

Jenelle surely feels that she "deserves" a formal living room. In her prefab house out in the woods. Is that where she'll keep her wedding crystal and her priceless heirloom antiques? Take a seat, Jenelle. I did appreciate that there was no screaming when the whole clan gathered.

Jace is doomed. I predict a visit from the police before he's 13.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I seriously think The Coven is the worst offender on this show, when it comes to inappropriate conversations in front of the kids. 

Yes, I wondered if the agreement included drop-offs with Isaac

Kail addresses that on twitter. Here you go   :)

Oh, and she still hasn't named her baby. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I imagine if they pronounced it how it looks like, it would rhyme with Lavoine (Brenda's alter ego at the Peach Pit :)

That's exactly how I read it before I read Brenda's name. Lolol good ol 90210

• Love 2
3 hours ago, CaughtOnTape said:

And for all the talk about David being full of rage, Nathan is downright fucking scary.  David at least seems capable of some introspection and self-awareness.  Nathan just straight up looks like he'd have a roid fueled explosion and not realize he'd beaten someone to a pulp.

No snark intended, can you tell me when you've seen David exhibit introspection and self-awareness? He and Nathan are equally scary, to me. David is a quiet seether, so I think he's a bit more scary. 

3 hours ago, CaughtOnTape said:

What I don't understand is that if Chelsea knows Adam is on meth why doesn't she tell the courts that and remove any contact with Aubree at that point?  I get that Aubree loves her dad but....yikes.

I thought the courts already knew? I thought that was how meth was discovered - he failed a drug test. As for contact with Aubree, he doesn't really have it now. She goes to Adumb's parents house, and (as Chelsea was just saying) he is either not there or "sick" asleep the whole time. 

3 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

Kail is absolute garbage.  I'm glad Lincoln colored all over her walls and Isaac didn't say anything!

I just wanna know what Lincoln drew/wrote! I hope it was something nasty about Kail. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Why is it I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop with these girls.  Yes Cole is a prince compared to the other guys on the show but for some reason I think he bores Chelsea.  She has always liked the drama of Adam from the time she was 16 and pregnant.  I hope Cole stays because Aubree really needs him and it's giving Randy a break.

Wow, I get the complete opposite impression. Chelsea seems super smitten with Cole, in my eyes. 

• Love 23
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Brianna can lose me with her "white girls can't even keep hair in a braid" comment. Um, yes we can. How about making your daughter feel better about her race without insulting others?  Also, did anyone else think it was kind of shitty that Nova was begging to have her hair straightened, was shot down, and then the NEXT scene Briana straightens HERS??? 

I really wish she hadn't turned it into a black vs. white thing. You can uplift your daughter and encourage her to be proud of her looks without putting other people down or turning it into some sort of competition. I don't think Brianna meant to be deliberately offensive, more like she's just dumb and doesn't think about the words coming out of her mouth. 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Our local tumbling gym offers classes for kids with unique challenges and needs so I hope this is what Ali was doing. Let's be honest, a lot of kids join activities for the sparkly bow, pretty tutu or cool jacket so I'm glad these kids have a chance to do that. I'm an adult and still want to wear sparkly things so I get it.  Much to DH's chagrin. 

I highly, highly doubt Ali's parents would put her specifically in a class for kids with physical disabilities. It would be great if they did. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

Jace hitting Barb in the face is disturbing and I'm glad she has him in therapy.  When they were in Jenyell's new house, he was hitting the other kids.   I wonder if this is a new issue since the baby was born or if it has been ongoing and we are just now seeing it.

He had a problem with hitting at school when he was younger. For some reason I get the feeling MTV leaves out a lot of his behavior. Maybe they don't want him going to Jenelle. 

• Love 6

Also, can someone please tell Briana that there are more than just two hair textures out there? Something like 40% of white people have "wavy" hair (and within this is a spectrum from a little beach wave to the out of control, Medusa-like wave and frizz I have....which BTW has never had any trouble staying in a braid), 15% have curly hair (again, there are different grades of curls based on how tight they are), and then straight white people hair. Similarly, black and mixed people also have different types of hair. There isn't just white and black hair. There's a big spectrum and you may find more people of a certain group on one end of the spectrum and vis-versa, but there's a heck of a lot more diversity out there in hair types than just two, Briana. If you think every white girl out there wakes up with straight, sleek smooth hair that won't stay in a braid, please come to my house each morning and be greeted by Medusa as I get out of bed. Please watch me spend an hour washing, drying, and straightening it (Ha! I've only done it like ten times since I had kids cause I'm too tired! Braid or ponytail it is). Please come with me to the salon to get it professionally straightened with chemicals, which takes about 4 hours (my hair is super thick) a costs a few hundred dollars (haven't done that in a while either).  And all of my black family and friends all have differences in their hair textures. 

Nova's hair is adorable and I'm jealous of how beautiful her natural hair is. My hair in its natural state is a disaster and my guess is Briana's (which probably isn't as tightly curled as Nova's) is also hard to manage and style if she has it long and leaves it in its natural texture. Yes, Nova, straight hair is "the thing." Even a lot of us white girls are spending a bunch of time and energy trying to get it. But I love your hair and it's "the thing" to me, too. I wish my hair was naturally beautiful like that. I get jealous when I see black girls rocking naturals because I know "my natural" looks like a mess of tangles attacking each other even if I've just combed it (see: Sophia Abraham but thicker). I'm jealous of your hair, Nova. I know you want straight hair. I do, too, but I also want your hair. :) 

/rant over 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

e had a problem with hitting at school when he was younger. For some reason I get the feeling MTV leaves out a lot of his behavior. Maybe they don't want him going to Jenelle. 

I think that would only make the problem worse. 

49 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

No snark intended, can you tell me when you've seen David exhibit introspection and self-awareness? He and Nathan are equally scary, to me. David is a quiet seether, so I think he's a bit more scary. 

When he was trying to get them moved and Jenelle was having her meltdown.  He wasn't yelling and screaming or even throwing out insults.  He was being fairly logical and trying to get her and Kaiser out of the situation knowing full well it wasn't helping his cause despite her bawling like a six year old and slamming doors in his face.  He also doesn't seem to lose his temper when it comes to Kaiser who is an EXTREMELY whiny big baby of a child....I can't say I wouldn't have turned around and told that kid to shutup myself once or twice.  Based on what I've seen from Nathan and his complete inability to control himself when he's angry, that would've turned into a visit from the police which would've resulted in him throwing up his hands and walking out mid-move.

David doesn't really scare me at all.  I've never really seen the rage all of you point out or the quiet seething you all see.  The only time he really goes off is when Barb is involved.  He absolutely says inappropriate things to those kids all the time, but I guess you can't have it all.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:
4 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

Jace hitting Barb in the face is disturbing and I'm glad she has him in therapy.  When they were in Jenyell's new house, he was hitting the other kids.   I wonder if this is a new issue since the baby was born or if it has been ongoing and we are just now seeing it.

He had a problem with hitting at school when he was younger. For some reason I get the feeling MTV leaves out a lot of his behavior. Maybe they don't want him going to Jenelle. 

I think it would be pretty harmful to Jace to get into things too much (whatever else there may be), and that that is sufficient reason to keep the discussion to a minimum.  Not everything needs to be for public consumption.  

• Love 3

Cole in cowboy boots was everything!

I don't have much more to say that hasn't already been said. I will add that it seems like the editors don't even try anymore. I swear Leah's college scenes are the one and only time she went. She's wearing the same thing every time! 

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I wish he could go just long enough to break Jenelle's nose.

• Love 8

Oh, yeah!  When Nathan was working out and making fun of Ensley's name ~ who does he think he is making fun of that baby's name?  That's our job around here!  We don't need his help. lol

But no, seriously.  His "jokes" weren't even funny and they were on the dumb side.   "What is that?  Norwegian?"  Hardy har har har!

• Love 10

Haven't read other comments yet.

Leah - I'm happy to say that I think she's doing a lot better. Her lip stick hawking friend is so annoying and obviously using Leah for her social media following. Who works out at the gym with all of that makeup on and leaves without any sweat on their face? Fake gym rats lol. I'm just bitter because my ass is sore from sit-ups at crossfit - no cushions left for my tushy this morning.

Leah also handled the conversation with Gracie well. Gracie is a brat lol. Ali has to work a lot harder to do the same things as her a little understanding would benefit her. Since when does Leah wear glasses? Was that to enhance the going back to college look? Glassss = #nerdmom. Whatevs.

Kailyn - She has no fucks to give that the PFA would effect Javis job. I wish he had filed one on her when she laid hands on him.

I'm so over her facetiming while driving. I'm sick to god over these damn smartphones being glued to people's hands, especially more after that sister that was live Instagramming herself drinking and driving that ended fatal with her sister dying. Put down the phones when driving. Pullover to make your CALL it could cost a family their lives because you wanted to text "lol" or FaceTime someone about BS. Rant over.

I love Lincoln and Isaac. God she makes cute kids.

Jenelle - Not too much drama this episode and she looked pretty at the restaurant at the mountains and I like how she talked to Jace and Barbara but I'm sure I will be pissed at her on next weeks crapisode. THe modular home looks better than I thought it would.

Goddamn I'm saying too many nice things about Jenelle. Oh wait, fuck her and David for leaving sweet baby Ensley only SIX days after being born. For fuck sake!!!!! It took me 6-months to have my MOTHER babysit my daughter so I could go to the grocery store by myself.

Brianna - I'm all for telling Nova to love yourself and your culture but fuck you with your "white girls can't wear braids" as I wear a braid every morning for Crossfit (high intensity so my hair is always moving around) and my braid stays in place.

There is absofuckinglutely NO reason you should have to insult one race in order to help your daughter feel good about hers. How about saying "every girl in the world don't look the same and their beautiful in their own special way".  My children are mixed race and I will be damned if I teach her that it's appropriate to insult one race to feel good about her own. Rant over.

Devoin is a loser. Only seen Nova twice (one of the times was because of cameras) and wants to act like a doting father to his friend while telling him Nova needs to know his culture. How about being around more as her engagement in your environment will help her understand how truly special and beautiful she is in her own skin. Fuck head.

Chelsea - Stop wearing that dark lipstick - if she likes it then that's all that matters I guess. I'm sure my makeup sucks ass, too! Lol.

Poor Aubree, now she has a drug addict father.

Did I miss someone? God the fifth girl is screwing my head up.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

Oh, yeah!  When Nathan was working out and making fun of Ensley's name ~ who does he think he is making fun of that baby's name?  That's our job around here!  We don't need his help. lol

But no, seriously.  His "jokes" weren't even funny and they were on the dumb side.   "What is that?  Norwegian?"  Hardy har har har!

I actually think Ensley is a cute name, although I don't like it paired with Eason. I grew up in a big Irish Catholic area and went to school with several Ainsley's so the name doesn't come off as strange to me. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Also, can someone please tell Briana that there are more than just two hair textures out there? Something like 40% of white people have "wavy" hair (and within this is a spectrum from a little beach wave to the out of control, Medusa-like wave and frizz I have....which BTW has never had any trouble staying in a braid), 15% have curly hair (again, there are different grades of curls based on how tight they are), and then straight white people hair. Similarly, black and mixed people also have different types of hair. There isn't just white and black hair. There's a big spectrum and you may find more people of a certain group on one end of the spectrum and vis-versa, but there's a heck of a lot more diversity out there in hair types than just two, Briana. If you think every white girl out there wakes up with straight, sleek smooth hair that won't stay in a braid, please come to my house each morning and be greeted by Medusa as I get out of bed. Please watch me spend an hour washing, drying, and straightening it (Ha! I've only done it like ten times since I had kids cause I'm too tired! Braid or ponytail it is). Please come with me to the salon to get it professionally straightened with chemicals, which takes about 4 hours (my hair is super thick) a costs a few hundred dollars (haven't done that in a while either).  And all of my black family and friends all have differences in their hair textures. 

Nova's hair is adorable and I'm jealous of how beautiful her natural hair is. My hair in its natural state is a disaster and my guess is Briana's (which probably isn't as tightly curled as Nova's) is also hard to manage and style if she has it long and leaves it in its natural texture. Yes, Nova, straight hair is "the thing." Even a lot of us white girls are spending a bunch of time and energy trying to get it. But I love your hair and it's "the thing" to me, too. I wish my hair was naturally beautiful like that. I get jealous when I see black girls rocking naturals because I know "my natural" looks like a mess of tangles attacking each other even if I've just combed it (see: Sophia Abraham but thicker). I'm jealous of your hair, Nova. I know you want straight hair. I do, too, but I also want your hair. :) 

/rant over 

Aint that the truth.  I'm white and have very curly hair.  I spent my adolescent years trying to figure out how to get straight hair.  I could spend hours straightening it and then if there's even a drop of humidity in the air: curl city.  I've tried every product under the sun (shout out: deva curl!) to get it to behave.  When I was young I BEGGED my mom to get a perm because I somehow thought that would make it LESS curly?  Or make my curls more manageable or something?  Who knows, I was eight.  Thank god my mother saved me from myself.  But whenever I go into a salon I get a lecture about how "lucky" I am to have naturally curly hair to the point where you'd think they were trying to make me feel bad about it.  Hey assholes: we always want what we don't have.  It's not my fault I was born with curly hair.  I'd LOVE to have naturally straight hair.  Alas, it's not in the cards for me.  I'm just as jealous of your board straight hair as you are of my curls.  I dream of being able to wake up, run a brush through my hair and walk out the door.  Ah hem: I digress.   Point being: it's not a black and white thing.  It's not a "appreciate your beautiful curls" thing (because a six year old isn't going to understand that.  Hell, I'm knocking at 40's door and I still don't "appreciate" my curls.)  Briana would have been MUCH better off just telling her when she's 18 and pays her own bills, she can get her hair straightened just like mama (obviously) does.

1 hour ago, CaughtOnTape said:

When he was trying to get them moved and Jenelle was having her meltdown.  He wasn't yelling and screaming or even throwing out insults.  He was being fairly logical and trying to get her and Kaiser out of the situation knowing full well it wasn't helping his cause despite her bawling like a six year old and slamming doors in his face.  He also doesn't seem to lose his temper when it comes to Kaiser who is an EXTREMELY whiny big baby of a child....I can't say I wouldn't have turned around and told that kid to shutup myself once or twice.  Based on what I've seen from Nathan and his complete inability to control himself when he's angry, that would've turned into a visit from the police which would've resulted in him throwing up his hands and walking out mid-move.

David doesn't really scare me at all.  I've never really seen the rage all of you point out or the quiet seething you all see.  The only time he really goes off is when Barb is involved.  He absolutely says inappropriate things to those kids all the time, but I guess you can't have it all.

You do realize Kaiser is a toddler, right? 

34 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

Haven't read other comments yet.

Leah - I'm happy to say that I think she's doing a lot better. Her lip stick hawking friend is so annoying and obviously using Leah for her social media following. Who works out at the gym with all of that makeup on and leaves without any sweat on their face? Fake gym rats lol. I'm just bitter because my ass is sore from sit-ups at crossfit - no cushions left for my tushy this morning.

Leah also handled the conversation with Gracie well. Gracie is a brat lol. Ali has to work a lot harder to do the same things as her a little understanding would benefit her. Since when does Leah wear glasses? Was that to enhance the going back to college look? Glassss = #nerdmom. Whatevs.

That gym scene had me rolling my eyes too.  Yeah, do 5 squats then do your makeup in front of the mirror at the gym.  I can see why Leah is so buff.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Calm81 said:

Goddamn I'm saying too many nice things about Jenelle. Oh wait, fuck her and David for leaving sweet baby Ensley only SIX days after being born. For fuck sake!!!!! It took me 6-months to have my MOTHER babysit my daughter so I could go to the grocery store by myself.

Brianna - I'm all for telling Nova to love yourself and your culture but fuck you with your "white girls can't wear braids" as I wear a braid every morning for Crossfit (high intensity so my hair is always moving around) and my braid stays in place.

Even Nathan's gym-buddy said something like that!  He seemed disgusted that she left her baby for a trip.  

Ok, when Roxanne said that white women wish their hair would stay in a braid, I was like, that's the truth.  My hair slips out of a braid.  And I hate it!  I would like for my hair to be a bit coarser so it would stay put.  But, like everyone is saying, we all want what we don't have.

• Love 2

@lezlers yes!!!! I had outdoor duty at work first quarter last year, so I was literally standing outside for twenty minutes before 9 am. It would be so frizzy after that that I just gave up and wore it up every day! It's so ridiculous. My hair really is a fro, and I'm a white blonde! I hate when people of any race, which includes white girls with straight hair, say, "awwwww, curls! I'm so jealous!" We're not talking insta-ready curling iron ringlets here. We're talking having to straighten the hair on the highest heat setting first before using the curling iron...one more step than they have to do! I hate my hair sometimes lol. I too spent my youth trying to figure out how to make it look decent!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Wow, I get the complete opposite impression. Chelsea seems super smitten with Cole, in my eyes. 

I guess I;m just so used to the other 16 and Pregnant guys I can't believe there's a good one in the bunch.  Time will tell but Chelsea sure hung onto Adam way above and beyond.  A bad boy!

• Love 1

As much as I dislike Jenelle and David, Nathan is the last person who should be making fun of other ppls kids names - his kid is named after a bun lol.

I want Brianna and her fam off the show. They are annoying and I ff all their crap. 

Im back to liking Chelsea and Cole. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but I find Cole attractive.  

Kail sucks. I feel bad for Javi.

• Love 16

I seem to remember several years ago when Barb and Jenelle were discussing Jace's bio-dad (Andrew?) having pretty serious mental/emotional problems.  I don't know if his issues are nature or nurture, but if it's nature then poor Jace has the double whammy of possible genetic chemical imbalances AND damage from his life experiences.  He's so young to already be heading down this road. 

Edited by eskimo
to clarify
  • Love 6

Kail is a disgusting entitled pig with no sense of right and wrong but I just adore Issac and Lincoln together. I have grandsons aged 7 and 2 and "let's get rid of him" would totally be something the older one would say. When we took them to the fair he wanted to leave his little brother behind because little brother spilled his sno-cone on his pants- older brother was mortified. 

Brianna, it is possible to like yourself and embrace your looks and heritage without putting  down others. Not a good look, dear. 

• Love 7

Let me add that if Barb handed Jenelle custody of Jace tomorrow, he'd be back with Barb within a year.  No way in hell she's going to deal with a child with potentially serious issues.  She can't even handle regular daily life with children.  The problems would all be Barb's fault, too, BTW....

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, eskimo said:

I seem to remember several years ago when Barb and Jenelle were discussing Jace's bio-dad (Andrew?) having pretty serious mental/emotional problems.  I don't know if his issues are nature or nurture, but if it's nature then poor Jace has the double whammy of possible genetic chemical imbalances AND damage from his life experiences.  He's so young to already be heading down this road. 

In Janelle's book she mentions the mental illness her brother has. He had to live in a home as a child and even as an adult.  Could be hereditary since it seems her whole family has anger issues. 

• Love 3

I thought the courts already knew? I thought that was how meth was discovered - he failed a drug test. As for contact with Aubree, he doesn't really have it now. She goes to Adumb's parents house, and (as Chelsea was just saying) he is either not there or "sick" asleep the whole time. 

I just wanna know what Lincoln drew/wrote! I hope it was something nasty about Kail. 

Maybe he drew a big picture of a Manatee!

• Love 6

I agree with you Ghoulina, there is usually a big difference in the kind of guys you like when you are 16, than when you are in your 20's. I was that way, told my girls not to marry until they were in their 20's, because they would know themselves much better by then. Doctors of the mind say that the part of our brains that are for making good decisions, are not finished developing until our mid 20's.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, CaughtOnTape said:

David scares me due to what I know about his criminal record and his emotionally abusive nature, but I agree that I don't see the good side of Nathan that others seem to. Dude just seems like pure unadulterated violent roid rage to me.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

David scares me due to what I know about his criminal record and his emotionally abusive nature, but I agree that I don't see the good side of Nathan that others seem to. Dude just seems like pure unadulterated violent roid rage to me.

The way he tries to control Jenelle is also a red flag. 

• Love 10

Why did Jenelle keep yelling at the kids to stop running in her enormous totally empty house?  I understand not wanting them to go upstairs but good god woman, they are kids.  They have energy to burn.  There isn't anything they can harm in your TOTALLY EMPTY CARPETED home by running around.  Yeesh.

• Love 16
22 hours ago, Linny said:

"Kail's a real piece of shit, is what she is." That's right, Javi, keep spreading those facts. I really feel that Javi's escalated behavior is caused by Kail insisting that everything be on her terms. She refuses to listen to anyone's complaints, she refuses to explain herself or acknowledge any wrongdoing, she thinks everything she does is justified and shuts down when she's called out. If she'd just TALK to Javi, have a real, honest conversation, I think a lot of problems could be avoided. But she's incapable of being sympathetic to him or admitting she's made mistakes, so she plays the victim in the storm of bullshit she created.

Yeah, Kail really fucked Javi over emotionally. Yes, technically, she can do whatever she wants, blah, blah, but... damn. I think she was Javi's first "true love" and after marrying him for his military benefits, she basically checked out on him while he was deployed and was fucking other girl(s)/guy(s) and even got pregnant by one of them. (All while stringing Javi along) Just... damn. And she didn't even have the decency to deal with Javi's emotional fallout, she was just like, "Well, we're broken up. Sorry you feel bad. Whatever." Which... damn.

So Javi kind of lost it for a minute and tried to "call her out," "get receipts," "make her realize how much she hurt him," and her response was to take legal action that could cost him his career. WOW.

I can even kind of understand Kail getting tough with him because showing up at her house, etc. was over the top, but she didn't even consider just talking to him and treating him like a human being, being like, "Ok, Javi, I understand that you're hurt and I'm sorry, but you need to chill..." She treated him like some random psycho who was fixated on her for no good reason. Contrasting her approach with Jo's diplomacy and tact when she acts a fool (all the damn time) is telling. She could have indulged Javi with a heartfelt conversation (preferably on camera) in which she acknowledged that she really did love him, that he was a good husband/dad, and that she's sorry for her part in things not working out. Javi would probably even have agreed to her not explicitly admitting that she cheated (on camera).

Instead, Kail refused to acknowledge or deal with Javi's pain and acted like he was crazy/ridiculous to be upset about the way she treated him. I think that Kail is genuinely too narcissistic to understand/imagine what it's like to be deployed, separated from one's loved ones and afraid for one's life. For her, Javi being deployed was great because she was getting sick of him and his deployment was a much-needed break. Once he was gone, she had a great time dating/hanging out with friends without Javi's nagging. I think she genuinely kind of felt bad for how upset Isaac was about Javi being gone, but she was also relieved that Lincoln didn't seem to care (in a way that inconvenienced Kail). Kail is a cold hearted bitch. [I don't even say that as a criticism, just a fact.]

9 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

In regards to Nova's hair, if that issue was being addressed by anyone other than the coven I would give it credibility.  The coven is so intensely dramatic/borderline psychotic that I give them zero credibility for being able to accurately perceive the reality of what prompted Nova to say she wants straight hair.   Especially when they jump to mocking white people hair.  They are so angry and hostile about everything and passing those issues on down to poor little Nova.  I have very little doubt that in 10 years we will be watching Teen Mom: The Next Generation starring Nova and her baby.   The coven will continue to grow.

I find it very hard to take The Coven seriously. It seems super obvious that everything they do is designed to give them relevance and/or a story line. They are the definition of "thirsty." I think the bit about white girls' hair not being able to hold a braid/wanting Nova to feel good about her hair was calculated to build their following/be noteworthy. What's weird to me is that they are clearly of African descent, so acting like Nova's African ancestry is foreign to them makes no sense. I get that there are differences between Devoin's African American culture and whatever Latino culture they are, but I doubt that darker skin and curly hair were foreign to them pre-Nova. It was weird that Brittany acknowledged that her hair is like Nova's, but they acted like Nova's other African features are something outside their experience, that maybe Devoin's family could explain to her.

6 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I feel like it's been made clear that Jace has/had behavioral problems. I assume that it is a result of his overall experience with general instability; witnessing verbal and physical strife since he was born; being caught in (for him) a lifelong battle between Barb and Jenelle; being pressured by Barb and Jenelle to "be on their side" in their ongoing war; the genetic legacy of his fucked up parents; verbal, emotional, and possibly physical abuse since he was born; lifelong insecurity about who his parent(s) are and where his home is; etc; etc.

I give Barb credit for doing the best she can and being the best of a bad set of alternatives, but Jace is/has been screwed any way you slice it.

• Love 20
7 hours ago, lezlers said:

You do realize Kaiser is a toddler, right? 

Not to mention we have witnessed how he is regularly treated. He's not sufficiently nurtured emotionally or otherwise, I'd be shocked if he wasn't throwing fits.

I wonder what someone who knew nothing about Jenelle and had never seen any other episode would think seeing her in this one. She could've  appeared mostly normal to a casual passerby. I wonder if the creepiness I still felt watching her seemingly "act right" is because of all I know about her or if it's because she still gives off an obvious cold and void effect that is still apparent even without her acting out for one episode. Basically, even when Jenelle is doing the "right thing" I'm still creeped out because she still has that sociopathic undertone to me.

• Love 19

Whatever's going on with Jace must be serious if his doctor is concerned. From the way Jenelle was talking, he hit Barb hard enough to cause a noticeable injury, and that's pretty disturbing. At least it seems like Barb is addressing the issue, but I hate to think of what Jace will be like at 13 when the hormones start kicking in. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Why did Jenelle keep yelling at the kids to stop running in her enormous totally empty house?  I understand not wanting them to go upstairs but good god woman, they are kids.  They have energy to burn.  There isn't anything they can harm in your TOTALLY EMPTY CARPETED home by running around.  Yeesh.

They have the energy plus they were excited. My kids would have done exactly that, too. lol

• Love 6

Lincoln, please hand in your Teen Mom 2 Genius card. Leah's the real Einstein around here! 'Bringing the wheelchair in and her using it throughout the day and the evening, I think that's what's help... PRESERVE! her strength.' Well gosh darn it, who'da thunk it? I certainly know that no medical doctors with concentrations in this particular area have ever thought of this. Clearly this is the real reason she stopped going to school, they gave her a PhD in medicine and shooed her away.

Jesus God Leah, I should've known your 'friend' Liz was too sudden a random to be an actual friend and not somebody involved in your ridiculous internet lipstick. If Liz signed Leah up, doesn't she (Liz) get a cut of Leah's money? Or something like that? I'm not sure how pyramid schemes work but if that's right, I don't blame Liz at all.

Jenelle's to Barb 'Oh. Yeah we got engaged over the weekend' so deadpan like that would have been hilarious if it were a different kind of TV show. I know they reenact things for the cameras sometimes, but regardless of whether that was real or the re-take, COME ON! I guess putting in just the slightest amount of fake emotion would have been too much effort for the sociopath.

Babe. BABE. BAAAABE. BABE.

• Love 13