Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Feeling Friendless

10 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

They're going to have to go all the way into the dramedy fantasy thing or quit with these crazy rants and unprofessional behavior. 

Yeah, this. MJ was killing me last night. I could deal with her going off on Tomi Lahren Jr, but giving her the finger at the party and then threatening the photographer was too damn much. Like, the publicist just told you to behave yourself. Mary Jane acts more like she's 22 than 40. Which makes this show really frustrating to watch sometimes. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Yeah, this. MJ was killing me last night. I could deal with her going off on Tomi Lahren Jr, but giving her the finger at the party and then threatening the photographer was too damn much. Like, the publicist just told you to behave yourself. Mary Jane acts more like she's 22 than 40. Which makes this show really frustrating to watch sometimes. 

I agree. She's so childish. I feel like she's less mature than when the show started and it's not entertaining, it's annoying. It seems like the show is running out of ideas so they're just making MJ behave as badly as possible in every situation.

• Love 3

What Tomi Lahren Jr. said was stupid and racist but Mary Jane shouldn't have gone off like that.  To be honest, I could understand what TLJ was saying about Justin, that she thought he was biracial because of the blue eyes but I think MJ just snapped because the woman even mentioned his name.  Maybe she thinks she has her eyes on Justin.  In any event, MJ should have just walked away and perhaps had a conversation with her later on, in private, once she had cooled off.

I hate Mary Jane's whacked off hairstyle and the weird makeup because it makes her look as crazy as she acts.

I am at the point I can't even watch  an entire episode.  Why is Mary Jane confiding in someone who can't even keep his own business a secret?  She just seemed desperate for friends.  

This relationship is doomed, she is already snooping through his things.   

Please let this season end with Mary Jane seeking professional help. Was I the only one who thought the lawyer/PR person ( I don't even know what she is because I FF through some of the episode) started talking about her mother and Bi-polar that she was going to tell Mary Jane that she recognizes some of the same signs in her and that is why she is sympathetic to her?

I"m so sick of Niecy that even when she does something mature and responsible I am still rolling my eyes and counting the minutes until she is gone. 

• Love 4

I was going to complain about MJ, but it's been covered.  MJ's brother was very cool, though.  Apparently he got MJ's share of the poise and patience.  (I wouldn't have been so generous with the kid being rude to a speaker-friend I was proud of, who was doing me a favor.  Guess my share of the poise and patience is a little skimpy, too.)

• Love 2

I have always hated snoopers and my mom told me long ago that if you keep snooping, you will eventually find something you do not want to see.  I was hoping that Justin was playing her, and pretending to be somewhere else, but walked in and caught her snooping in his stuff. 

She is one sick puppy.  I'd even go so far as to say she's bunny boiler dangerous.

I'm not looking forward to the episodes with Mama Shug and her old lover.

• Love 2

I used to like this show so much.  Ever since MJ moved to New York though, the show is so light and fluffy and weird.  Like there's no stakes anymore, there's no good drama to get invested in or be reeled by.  It all just kind of happens.  And usually I love pop culture set in NY.

• Love 3
On 8/9/2017 at 7:47 PM, jenrising said:

I agree. She's so childish. I feel like she's less mature than when the show started and it's not entertaining, it's annoying. It seems like the show is running out of ideas so they're just making MJ behave as badly as possible in every situation.

I keep wondering if this is a result of Mara Brock Akil no longer being the show runner. MJ has always been kind of a mess (from episode one, season one), but there's something different going on now. 

On 8/9/2017 at 8:33 PM, Ohwell said:

What Tomi Lahren Jr. said was stupid and racist but Mary Jane shouldn't have gone off like that.  To be honest, I could understand what TLJ was saying about Justin, that she thought he was biracial because of the blue eyes but I think MJ just snapped because the woman even mentioned his name.  Maybe she thinks she has her eyes on Justin.  In any event, MJ should have just walked away and perhaps had a conversation with her later on, in private, once she had cooled off.

I hate Mary Jane's whacked off hairstyle and the weird makeup because it makes her look as crazy as she acts.

Tomi Lahren, Jr. said that to cover her tail. MJ was behind them when they were wondering about Justin's intelligence and TLJ questioned if maybe Justin was biracial. After MJ clocked her on the assumption, TLJ gave that lame answer about the blue eyes. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Tomi Lahren, Jr. said that to cover her tail. MJ was behind them when they were wondering about Justin's intelligence and TLJ questioned if maybe Justin was biracial. After MJ clocked her on the assumption, TLJ gave that lame answer about the blue eyes. 

Oh,, ok, I honestly wasn't paying attention to the beginning of the conversation.   However, since MJ was already  pissed off at TLJ and primed for battle, I still think that MJ should have had a private talk with her if she wanted to set her straight.  It's never a good thing to unload in front of a group of people who have nothing to do with the beef, especially co-workers who have to work with you.

8 hours ago, Mozelle said:

MJ has always been kind of a mess (from episode one, season one), but there's something different going on now. 

MJ has always been a mess, but she was a mess in her private life, while being professional and competent at work.  That's one of the reasons I liked the show, because it seemed realistic that she could be a complete idiot with her friends and men but pull everything together enough to still kill it at work.  This season, it seems like the wanted more drama, so they amped up her crazy, but in doing so, they're losing what was good about the show.

• Love 5

A Patrick sighting...yay!

Admittedly, I watched this episode after the events in Charlottesville and that's probably why Mary Jane's rant didn't bother me at all. I even cheered a little. However, the double middle finger salute was childish and to do that in a room full of your colleagues...just wow.

Don't even get me started on the snooping.

On 8/9/2017 at 10:57 PM, catrice2 said:

I"m so sick of Niecy that even when she does something mature and responsible I am still rolling my eyes and counting the minutes until she is gone. 

THIS. I'm glad she's trying but yeah I'm over her. Also, who is going to watch the kids when she is working at the salon. Helen? Patrick? A sitter?

• Love 1