Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: New Horizons

raven

Dutch is forced to make a deal with Desai while she plots to escape a strigoi breeding facility. Eph and Alex seek to uncover the dark secrets behind the Partnership’s new plan but face the repercussion of their last attack. Gus and Creem face off against a gang encroaching on their turf.

So....we can't look forward to something awful happening to Zach, damn it.

WTF is going on with this show? Nothing happened for the first fifty eight minutes! They devoted time to Gus getting into a gang war with some cops?

Did no one tell the writers that they only have a handful of episodes to wrap up the entire series? 

I was hoping for a bang of a finish. But this is certainly not that.

(I did like Eph confessing that Zach is the spawn of the Devil. I'm sure it was supposed to be heartfelt, but at this point, it made me laugh.)

• Love 4

This show is going down the tubes fast. I don't understand why Gus is in a gang or why he is attacking other humans. He knows better. He knows that the strigoi are the real enemy.

As for the rest, I thought someone said that they were breeding babies with B+ blood. It looks more like they are breeding half human/half strigoi babies to me. And why does Dutch have to be next in line? However, good to see the actress who played Paige on Degrassi getting work as the pregnant woman who gave birth.

And where is Abraham? And I still don't understand why Eph went wandering off to Philly. I am this close to giving up until the final episode.

• Love 1

Obligatory "No Zach automatically makes the episode better then the norm!" reaction as always.

RIP, Jason and other resistant guys that I barely know?  Now, it's up to just Eph and Alex (I think that's her name?), who now have bonded to the point that Eph even confessed to her that Zach was the only who set off the nuke, because he's a little piece of shit (well, he didn't say that last part, but I'm reading between the lines, folks!)  I wonder if they'll end up hooking up?

I'm not sure why I should care about Gus and his cousin, especially since I'm pretty sure the cousin was only introduced this season.  And instead of taking on Strigoi, they're busy fighting cops?  And I guess the shot of Creem glaring at Gus is hinting at friction between them?  Yawn!

Dutch finally makes a move only to stumble upon the Partnership's creepy assembly line.

Best part of the episode was easily Eichorst scaring the crap out of Desai and his wife.

No Fet this go around and once again, Abe is missing in action.  Not sure how the contracts work, but if they pay all the regulars for each episode no matter what, David Bradley is getting some of the easiest paychecks this year.  Good for him, if that's the case!

• Love 4

WTF? That was dull, dull, except for Eichorst being menacing at dinner (and wait till he finds out that "Alex from the Expanse" got his butt totally kicked) and for Dutch finding the meat hooks of people, which face it, we've kind of seen before. 

Where the hell is Abe??  I don't care about Eph getting his groove back or whatever.

Bad, bad form, show.

• Love 1

I don't understand the baby thing.  Are they going to wait years to raise the baby so it can either breed more B+ babies or be big enough to have a sufficient amount of blood to drain, or are they immediately draining a tiny baby for the small amount of blood it has?

someone mentioned above it was a half breed, how can you tell?

this is the last season, yes?  How is anything going to be finished with all these divergent story lines?

• Love 2

However, good to see the actress who played Paige on Degrassi getting work as the pregnant woman who gave birth.

I've never watched Degrassi but the actress sounded so Canadian I expected her to give birth to a butter tart.

I zone out so completely during Gus's scenes that I had no idea there was a "Creem" until I read the name in a review.

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:34 PM, BigBlueMastiff said:

I just assumed this, no evidence.

Dutch's face when she saw the baby.  She looked, scared?  Or maybe it was the actress' bad acting.

The show has turned to shit.  Haven't the writers learned that the show is stronger when the Scooby Gang are together?

Shows like this normally jump the shark when monsters and humans attempt to co-exist.

Dang, I had such hopes for the final season.

• Love 1
On 8/7/2017 at 1:43 AM, SimoneS said:

I am this close to giving up until the final episode.

I am struggling. Absolutely nothing happened until the last minute of the show. I'm fighting to stay awake during it now--like, literally nodding off and having to rewind. I used to love this show. Sad.

I want to see how it all ends because I've invested the time, but it's rough.

• Love 3
On 8/7/2017 at 1:43 AM, SimoneS said:

As for the rest, I thought someone said that they were breeding babies with B+ blood. It looks more like they are breeding half human/half strigoi babies to me. And why does Dutch have to be next in line? However, good to see the actress who played Paige on Degrassi getting work as the pregnant woman who gave birth.

I thought they were just breeding the babies with B blood, but idk maybe they are breeding half humans half strigoi. Why would they want half strigoi though? Maybe the blood type thing is just what they told the women so it would seem "normal" and they wouldn't freak out about carrying strigoi babies. I agree Dutch's facial expressions were really odd. It looked like she was disgusted or shocked when she looked at the baby. It seems like there is something more going on.

I really wanted Paige to throw in a 'hun' lol

Really disappointed in this season. The violence between Gus's gang and the cops was stupid and absolutely pointless. Gus said they are all highly trained but they all had the aim of a Stormtrooper. I am curious to see how Dutch is going to survive this. The only ones this season who actually have some kind of plan are Fet and Quinlan, although I don't know what they are planning to do with a nuke once they get one. Nuke the Master? 

• Love 1

I KNEW that actress looked familiar!  Paige making it big in Show Business! 

Those cops and robbers were the worst marksmen/women I have ever seen.

I think the baby is some kind of monster too. 

Dr. Desai is in some deep shit with Eichhorst. 

• Love 1