Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E21: Live Eviction #6

• Start Topic

While Alex's g'bye message was completely within the game rules (are there that many?), it was tacky as hell and showed her real asshole side. But then, she WAS wearing a trucker hat with "PETTY" written right on the front, so at least she's not a false advertiser.

Those Whistle-Nut & Ole shirts annoy the shit out of me and should not even be allowed. Why does Jason (who I have nothing more against than any of these other numbnuts) get to advertise his personal business, but I haven't seen Josh wearing one with his hair care business' name, or Raven for her dance studio? The ubiquitous cowboy hat is clear enough in showing that Jason is the token Southern guy, you don't need those blobby, boring-ass shirts.*

*Which makes me miss the comps in which HGs had to burn particular articles of clothing, and the ones with the all-you-can-wear shopping sprees!

• Love 1

Is anyone else bummed that this week features the LAST Elimination Competition? I kind of liked that addition. I'd have wanted to see it stick around until final four. I'd at least like to see what it would be like once Cody, Mark, and maybe Elena are out of the house. Once it's just Paul and his minions, do you risk playing in the comp? Who feels safe? Who's going to put all eyes on them by playing? I think it could have been really fun! 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:47 AM, sugarbaker design said:

At the end of the first performance of D&D, the woman's hair obviously changed from brunette to blond, yet when JC asked that question 3 HG's got it wrong.  Can someone explain that?

Were the three houseguests men?  My mom loves to tell the story of the time she bleached her hair blonde.  She is an olive completed woman with dark brown hair.  My dad didn't notice for days.

• Love 5
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:44 AM, Rachel RSL said:

If Jessica hadn't played such a crappy social game, she probably could have swayed the votes easily. Aside from Alex, Josh & Christmas, I could definitely see the rest of the house using that opportunity to get out the vet, especially in a backdoor situation where they wouldn't have had to deal with any repercussions. As it was, she didn't even try. (Not to mention, that just sounds like a lame excuse. You can't bitch about nobody else doing something when you also refused to do it.)

Jessica did not have the votes.  It was two against ten, how in the world could they have gotten Paul out?  Other than Jessica and Cody, no one in that entire house has a single thought, interaction, suspicion, or urge to pee/eat/vomit, without first running it by Paul. 

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:36 AM, icemiser69 said:

Which anyone with two brain cells rubbing together could see coming a mile away.  TPTB weren't just going to bring one veteran into the house without having the opportunity for multiple weeks of safety for that veteran.  Anyone who has watched multiple years of Big Brother (like I have) would have known that you don't make big moves early.  Especially against a veteran.  It would be a complete waste to bring back one veteran, just to have him booted out the door immediately.  Cody was too arrogant to think that through.  Hell, he is still too damn arrogant.

I don't know how Cody could have in any way predicted that Paul would be added to the game, and made completely untouchable.  Feeds watchers, who make this game their life over the summer, were shocked and disgusted by the lengths gone to in protecting Paul - and I'm sure they have far more than two brain cells rubbing together.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:04 PM, GeorgiaRai said:

I thought she said he targeted/taunted her during the HOH comp on that day.  I'm glad she won on that particular day, if it really meant something to her, but don't think anyone in the house owed it to her to make it an easy win. 

Jessica didn't say she expected to be thrown the competition.  She said that Josh knew the significance of the day, and yet went at her relentlessly.  For someone who spends most of his non-ranting moments sobbing because he's such a sensitive soul and others are just so mean, he can be very cruel and tone-deaf. 

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:29 PM, Snappy said:

In no way, shape, or form do I expect Alex to sincerely go after Cody. That statement was just meant to ruffle Jessica's feathers, or eyelashes.  I don't hate Alex, and give her credit for laying it all out on the table instead of faking sympathy. As for Jessica, I found it ironic that when Cody reentered the house she told him he had to play differently, yet she reverted right back to the mean girl (and they, to the mean couple), sealing her fate. Had she listened to her own advice, and continued being "nice" to the other houseguests, I think she'd still be there.

Anyone remember who was the primary bullies toward Megan? Was it Cody and Jessica?

Josh was the first and primary bully to Megan, followed by her friend, Alex.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

While Alex's g'bye message was completely within the game rules (are there that many?), it was tacky as hell and showed her real asshole side. But then, she WAS wearing a trucker hat with "PETTY" written right on the front, so at least she's not a false advertiser.

But wearing a hat didn't stop her from wearing her k-mart kat ears (speaking of burning things!)...

52 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Once it's just Paul and his minions, do you risk playing in the comp? Who feels safe? Who's going to put all eyes on them by playing? I think it could have been really fun! 

The easy answer to all your questions is "They would do whatever Paul told them to do." I will kinda miss this comp, the first time and extra comp has gained favor with me, of course they keep the crappy Battle for The Block etc. comps wayyyyy to long and cut this one short. They suck at reading what people might want to see, comps wise at least.

• Love 3

It might turn out to be bad for Paul if Cody goes home next. I hope it is since that would mean someone else did something threatening to Paul.

The only double elimination I've seen is when I watched season 7 a couple weeks ago.  Is that how they normally go?  Elimination, HOH, noms, veto, elimination -- all in one episode?

All Jess & Cody did was stay in bed, & on  the after dark show,  it got even worse with the two of them.  I would think their family & friends must be so embarrassed by the way they have acted. I doubt they will stay together in the real world, Cody is definitely not a good personality for a long term relationship. I guess Jess could talk with his daughter's Mother about that.

• Love 1

A question for Paul fans:  What do you think of Alex?  I see so much hate directed at her (even before her snarky goodbye message to Jessica) so I feel like I'm missing something.  What does she do that's so obnoxious & mean?  Or is she just hateful-by-association due to her final two with Paul?  I've liked her from the beginning - though I felt bad she believed Jessica's crap about Meghan, rather than getting to the bottom of the whole "Panda" thing.  I don't mind that she has cheaper cat ears than Jess - I've shopped at K-Mart myself a time or two, and if there's anything I'd skimp on, it'd definitely be cheesy headwear!  (Maybe this should go in a different thread?)

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, GeorgiaRai said:

A question for Paul fans:  What do you think of Alex?  I see so much hate directed at her (even before her snarky goodbye message to Jessica) so I feel like I'm missing something.  What does she do that's so obnoxious & mean?  Or is she just hateful-by-association due to her final two with Paul?  I've liked her from the beginning - though I felt bad she believed Jessica's crap about Meghan, rather than getting to the bottom of the whole "Panda" thing.  I don't mind that she has cheaper cat ears than Jess - I've shopped at K-Mart myself a time or two, and if there's anything I'd skimp on, it'd definitely be cheesy headwear!  (Maybe this should go in a different thread?)

I agree with you 100%! Other than getting in a little dig at Jessica in her goodbye message, I don't see anything she's done that is so horrible. And, come on, that goodbye message wasn't even that bad. First of all, nobody believes Alex actually has any interest in Cody. Secondly, Jessica and Cody have known each other for a few weeks. It's not like Alex threatened to seduce her husband of 20 years. Alex is playing a good game, she's smart, she's athletic, she's strategic and she's got herself into a solid alliance. She even somehow managed to get out of that Mark debacle with him trying to prove his loyalty to her. I think she's badass.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I don't mind that she has cheaper cat ears than Jess - I've shopped at K-Mart myself a time or two, and if there's anything I'd skimp on, it'd definitely be cheesy headwear!

She mainly gets my derision about her ears because of left over sentiment from last year when Paul wore a goddamn pool floatie every day for weeks on end. Anyone that wears an accessory for that long deserves to be bashed a bit. She never takes them off. Even when wearing a hat. As far as my calling hers kmart ears I'd figure were I to say "I'm going to wear these on national teevee alllll summer!!" I'd invest in a nice pair, or a couple so I can switch it up every now and again.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 2
On 8/11/2017 at 9:03 AM, ghoulina said:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that was a really distasteful thing to say. I just found it too personal, and a real low blow. I don't love Jessica or anything, but going after someone's man like that is just off limits, as far as I'm concerned. 

I thought it was crap that CBS couldn't show Jessica the one sweet goodbye message she received last (Cody's.)  Seems like they do that for their other showmances.

Edited by Drogo
Wow, said that all wrong.
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Drogo said:

I thought it was crap that CBS didn't show Jessica the one sweet goodbye message she received last (Cody's.)  Seems like they do that for their other showmances.

I know they placed Cody's goodbye message first, but I thought it was a pretty shitty move to start off with the good...and then dive into the petty messages. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I know they placed Cody's goodbye message first, but I thought it was a pretty shitty move to start off with the good...and then dive into the petty messages. 

That's exactly what I mean.  Why show that one first when they don't do that for other showmances?   I wasn't crazy about Jessica, but she should have been able to watch the hater messages then finish off on a nice note with Cody's goodbye. 

And Alex really is petty AF.  "Playing the game" ends at the goodbye messages.  Being an asshole in hers just shows the world what kind of person she is.

• Love 3