Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Thank You and Good Night

• Start Topic

How long will it take for us to find out the "real" reason for le divorce?  How will we find out, a leak from the White House/Press/UES Lu non-fan? A second Lu special?  Finally, a reason to live!!!  Viva la Bravo, errr Satan Andy!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Dorinda is a goddess.  My jaw DROPPED seeing her look at the party.  She is a GODDESS.

I think I figured out why none of her friends like John.  Can you imagine Princess Diana dating John?  Because to me, Dorinda is Princess Diana.  Maybe her friends just can't get over their feeling that she is way way too good for him.  It sounds bad, and obviously Dorinda seems happy, but ....... Dorinda and Luann are goddesses and act like they're not.  

Didn't Dorinda meet John through Richard? I don't love John, but these women are pretentious as all get out. All of these women except Tinsley and Ramona come from really blue collar backgrounds. Bethenny's family might have had money, but her father and step-father were trainers, which is on the blue collar end of horse racing. All of these people who know Dorinda from their charity circuit probably didn't know that her father was an electrician who worked on Blue Stone Manor. They probably don't know that Dorinda decorates in a kind of tacky over the top way for Christmas, that her mother bakes a cake for her birthday, or that Dorinda likes to chill by watching Law & Order and drinking wine. Dorinda in the Bronx drunk and irritated with Sonja is the real Dorinda that the fancy pants' never see. John is definitely more crass than Dorinda would like, but they have a lot more in common than not. Lu is kind of similar too. Alls I know is that Lu has been called out for being the pretentious countess on camera and the down to earth Lu from Berlin off camera.

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, Lopethina said:

When "Tinsley" isn't the most pretentious name in the family...

It actually reminds me of the name of a three year old you would see on a southern Toddlers and Tiaras. 

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, escatefromny said:

Gosh Sonja is gross.

Loved how she thought withholding farting and peeing in front of Tinsley was the ultimate punishment.

She gets stupider each season. 

4 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

Interesting finale.

I think Bethenny is looking for a reason NOT to like Tinsley. 

Me too! But it is Bethenny. Maybe she won't like Tins sister, either...lol

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Tinsley made up for that fugly picture...$5000!!!

Sonja declaring she didn't want a toast or a gift sure was appreciating the gift certificate from Bergdorf's.

2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I thought Bethenny looked her best ever facially at that party.  She actually looked very pretty to me.

I think she looked really good. But for someone who takes everyone to task for talking behind her back and not keeping it real, she is a backstabbing, pot stirrer.

I've seen that 'painting' of Sonja before. I just can't remember where. Was that originally a picture from the toaster oven photoshoot?

• Love 14

Beth said something very kind to Ramona regarding relationships: "You've had a great success. That should give you confidence."

Was I the only one who wanted to insert commas after all the "Thank you"s and before  all the "Sonja"s on the signs, etc., at the party?

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

I think Bethenny is looking for a reason NOT to like Tinsley. 

Maybe she doesn't like the friendship developing between Carole and Tinsley? Although if Carole DID throw Tinz under the bus, the friendship might not go anywhere.

• Love 11

Bethenny looked great tonight--I kept staring at her face wondering what was different and I couldn't figure it out.  She would break into a warm smile and she looked quite pretty and I've never thought that. 

I think Tinsley is one, if not the only, HW that every HW actually liked at the end of a season (I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm thinking of Kelly, Jules, the weird woman with the bangs (I can't remember her name).  Yes, she may drink a lot, but don't they all?   And her boyfriend seems to be a catch (for the brief two episodes we saw him).  When he met every one of her friends, he had a huge smile on his face and seemed very polite.  That would win me over!  I was surprised she said she loved him on the phone because that moved very fast.   Like a couple weeks fast.  

Poor Luann.  Even their tennis game was super awkward.  

• Love 13

The Countess better be prepare to eat a lot of crow

Crow a la Francaise?

Noel is not doing his  job keeping an eye on Tom for Luann

That would be like a full time job...

• Love 23
3 hours ago, Lemons said:

He was born in the 90's. He's a millennial. But yea, I doubt he had any interest in keeping an eye on Tom. 

I just can't understand how someone states how happy they are, talks about all these great times they have with their husband and weeks later files for divorce. If someone is really that happy I would think they would try counseling or even separation first if there's an issue. If Tom did cheat, why not separate for awhile and see what happens. I have a feeling it was Tom's idea to divorce and he's letting Luanne have some dignity is saying it was her idea. 

Druzy posted a copy of the divorce application in the new 'Luanne and Tom's Divorce' thread ... Tom filed on Luanne first.

( tried to link to Druzy's post but it didn't work... it's on page 3 of that thread)

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Hello Lady said:

Can you open your windows? She lives in a an apartment with no air, and she cannot open a window..I say again, eww! thats just me..

Carole said her windows don't have screens Not safe when you have cats... or kids

Carol probably has rad heat as well with no real control  other then opening and closing valves.

I'm sure Beth  just opened it a crack

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, ryebread said:

Sonja declaring she didn't want a toast or a gift sure was appreciating the gift certificate from Bergdorf's.

Wow, Sonja was super excited about the Bergdorf's gift certificate, wasn't she?  Maybe cuz so much of what she wears seems to be from the 90's, when she was married to Old Man Morgan.  Anyone catch that ratty old-looking fur jacket she was wearing?  Looked like something Old Man Morgan gave to her, that was handed down from his great grandma.  

Hate to break it to ya, Sonja, but with that 5 thou gift cert, you'll be lucky if you can get a bag & a pair of shoes.  Nope, she'd have to cough up some coin to get both, so she'll probably have to choose one or the other.  Not such a great gift, Tinz.  But then again, Sonja could sell whatever she gets at Bergdorf's to pay her electric bill.  Every time I've passed by her place lately, there are a few lights on & windows wide open.  Girl's gotta pay her electric bill somehow & we know Frenchie won't be helping out.

Jeez, Mr. Vaudeville certainly oozes slime, doesn't he?

WTF with the toothless hockey dude?  Completely & absolutely no chemistry with Bethenny.  The missing tooth was a deal-breaker for me & such a turnoff, their talking about his ass was making me nauseous.

What a minute, was Bethenny actually serious about having some real sympathy for Moaner for being alone at 60?  What the what?  Bethenny was actually expressing sympathy & empathy for someone?  REALLY????  This is Bethenny, right?  Was Bethenny actually being . . . NICE?????  I can't process this.  Uh, I think my head is exploding, pondering the possibility of Bethenny even feigning being nice  . . and to Moaner of all people.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, AnnaL said:

It is confusing but also eye opening. All the shenanigans that happen behind cameras. 

If Sonja didn't mentioned it herself I for sure would have blamed Ramona for letting her know. I would have never thought it would be Carole who seems to be above the pettiness. Once Bethenny mentioned that the party had duplicitous intentions then I knew it must have been Carole (behind cameras) who was sharing the news, mainly because there was no way that Bethenny and Ramona got together when filming wasn't happening.  The way Sonja and Bethenny reacted to the party makes me believe that Carole never disclosed that she thought it was just a joke, they both seemed pretty adamant that the party was for the wrong reasons. I would love to see footage of how Carole disclosed this to Sonja and  Bethenny. Just curious. 

What were Carole's intentions by telling Sonja this? more drama for the finale? 

I could see Carole saying that it was a thank you-fuck you party then giggling and shaking her head while saying, "No no no."

However, because Sonja already doesn't like Tinsley (they're such frenemies), Sonja decided to run with it, conveniently bypassing the joke. Similarly, Bethenny doesn't like Tinsley so if it was a moment for her to shit on something Tinsley did, Bethenny would take it. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, ryebread said:

I've seen that 'painting' of Sonja before. I just can't remember where. Was that originally a picture from the toaster oven photoshoot?

Around Sonja's second or third season((can't remember which)), she hosted an art reception for the artist who painted this piece of art/crap and it was the main featured piece at the show she hung at the townhouse. Looked crowded and ridiculously low-rent as the usual Sonja gathering Don't remember the details, but she was very proud of being the artist's "muse" and the other gals were a combo of shocked/amused by her pose there.

Great episode and amazing season though! I'm sad to see these gals leaving the screen soon. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I rewound it and looked at it.  She is nude and spread eagled.  I'm not sure whether the black blur (over breasts) and orange blur (over vagina) are Bravo, or part of the painting, or supposed to be clothes.

I literally paused my TV and burst out "what in the Fresh Hell is that painting with the sunset colored blurred out vagina over Frenchie's shoulder!" 

What in the fresh hell IS that painting with the sunset colored blurred out vagina over Frenchie's shoulder??? Cripes! 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Around Sonja's second or third season((can't remember which)), she hosted an art reception for the artist who painted this piece of art/crap and it was the main featured piece at the show she hung at the townhouse. Looked crowded and ridiculously low-rent as the usual Sonja gathering Don't remember the details, but she was very proud of being the artist's "muse" and the other gals were a combo of shocked/amused by her pose there.

Great episode and amazing season though! I'm sad to see these gals leaving the screen soon. 

the painter is Brian Farrell, Sonja was dating him at the time

http://www.eonline.com/news/230299/real-housewives-of-nyc-who-s-the-new-hot-guy

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Teddybear said:

Bethenny looked great tonight--I kept staring at her face wondering what was different and I couldn't figure it out.  

It was the after glow from getting laid by the hockey player with the good butt.

You know they are comfortable together as he didn't mind taking his tooth out to eat in front of her. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Kind of sad listening to Lu saying how happy she is and now she's getting divorced. 

only kind of.  i don't have much sympathy for someone who knowingly marries a player and expects a prince (or count)

I wish last week's ep had been the finale.  This was a letdown after that gem!

• Love 9
Just now, imjagain said:

This exactly how I feel too. 

I'm not even sure I'm a fan of any of these women.  I like some more than others and dislike a couple more than I can imagine (Ramona). Heather was the one I was a all fan girl about.  I liked  the kind of woman she was.  

I think it helps with Beth,  that she and Carol weren't running around stuck to each other being mean girls to everyone.  That was beyond annoying last season. 

So while I'm not in love with Beth,  she was definitely  better for me. I didn't ff her scenes or turn it off because I couldn't take  Beth. :)   

R and B have consistently been my favorites.  With Sonja close behind.  I didn't like Heather, she was too "Why don't you like me??"  Dorinda bugs the shit out of me, especially drunk and because of John.  And it helped Carole that she and B weren't joined at the hip this season, I usually can't stomach her. Luann doesn't affect me either way really.  And I still miss Jill.  Yes I know I'm in the minority!?

12 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I do feel for Lu. She made a huge mistake and was made to look like a fool. And I feel bad for her.  I don't really understand the thinking that she doesn't deserve sympathy because she knew Tom was a player.  Lu is not the first person to be blind for love.

There's a fine line between being blind for love and seeing the evidence in front of you and turning a blind eye!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, BBHN said:

Crow a la Francaise?

I'm dead. 

1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

It was Sonja's second season - so season 4, I believe. She was actually sort of "dating" the guy who painted it. They went on a double date with Lu and Jacques at one point.  I think his name was Brian. And there was an earlier version of that painting that was even MORE unflattering, if you can believe it. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, noveltylibrary65 said:

R and B have consistently been my favorites.  With Sonja close behind.  I didn't like Heather, she was too "Why don't you like me??"  Dorinda bugs the shit out of me, especially drunk and because of John.  And it helped Carole that she and B weren't joined at the hip this season, I usually can't stomach her. Luann doesn't affect me either way really.  And I still miss Jill.  Yes I know I'm in the minority!?

Wow we are on the opposite side of the world,  lol! 

That's what makes these boards great. We're all different and that's cool. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, ryebread said:

Maybe she doesn't like the friendship developing between Carole and Tinsley? Although if Carole DID throw Tinz under the bus, the friendship might not go anywhere.

You might be onto something. Beth says to Carole "I know she's  your bestie, but this party...." I didn't catch what she said about the party.  Carole then said "you're  my bestie" then laughed.  

• Love 13

I loved how Ramona was chatting up Tinsley's boyfriend at the party and thought, hey here's a guy I can flirt with, lol, Tinsley was quick to make it known he was her's! 

I think Sonja has caught some of Ramona's twitchy awkwardness, her weird dance she was doing when Tinsley gave her the gifts was so strange along with her eating the cake...wtf?  Did we witness drunk cake eating?  It was so gauche to announce to the room how much the amount of the gift card, it was quite a hefty sum, I would like Tinsley to know when my birthday is, lol. 

Tom taking off the mic was everything!  He was practically drooling over his ex, I bet the second Luann moved out he called that woman before the front door slammed!

Lu will have fun getting over Tom because the best way to get over one man is to get under another! 

In my opinion Bethenny finished out the season without looking like an asshat.  Off topic, at Nordstom's Rack I saw an array of Skinny Girl spanx like shapers...never new that she had them.  Her closet in the current apartment is amazing, maybe she should go in to a closet design product line. Hopefully next season we get to see the new place.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, tribeca said:

How old is Noel? 

Did that lady at the party really think he was Ro's boyfriend?  No way, darling. 

Sonja takes on Frenchies accent sometimes. 

Noel is 20.  It was shown last night on the TV, next to his name.

Still can't get over that he is the same (slightly chubby?) kinda awkward kid that didn't want his mom to go out at night in Season 1.  He's quite the hottie now.  Yep, he definitely got Lu's genes.  I think Victoria is interesting looking, but she seems to favor the Count more.

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

It was the after glow from getting laid by the hockey player with the good butt.

You know they are comfortable together as he didn't mind taking his tooth out to eat in front of her. 

Yes but perhaps they got too comfortable too soon.  Didn't her "summary" at the end of the show say they were no longer dating (or did I read that wrong?)

Sad face that this season is over.  And all we're stuck with now is the ratched OC hoes - and (ugh) the Dallas ones.  Bravo--she is a cruel mistress at times!  At least we have the NYC reunion to look forward to. Did they say how many parts it is (please say 3!)

• Love 10

Sonja is loopy and messy but damn, her body is amazing! Her skin always looks great and she has no cellulite and stays thin despite enjoying goodies- is it good genes? 

Bethenny did look prettier than she has- maybe she did get laid, or fillers?! 

Tinsley and Scott are so cute together- she is weird as all get out, but I kinda like it! 

Ramona has reached her expiration date. 

I wonder if they will film an extra part to the finale to address the divorce? 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Yes but perhaps they got too comfortable too soon.  Didn't her "summary" at the end of the show say they were no longer dating (or did I read that wrong?)

Yup. Doesn't look like it lasted very long. But didn't she say they weren't really a couple, just "dating" anyhow?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Juliegirlj said:

Tinsley and Scott are so cute together- she is weird as all get out, but I kinda like it! 

They are cute together!

I didn't realize that he didn't live in NYC until Tinsley's "summary" on the screen last night.  I assume he has since moved....  probably in with her? 

• Love 2

I'm really surprised how many people feel sorry for LuAnn, after all of her gloating and holier than thou attitude this season and on all the others. I, for one, think she's horrible. And she was delusional, too, thinking that Tom would be the one. What in the eff was she thinking?

Oh! I know! She was thinking that she could gloat about how sorry, girls, but I'm happy, I am with the love of my life, he completes me, did you know I'm getting married? Did you know I got married? Did you know that I was the lucky "b" who wound up with Tom? Did you hear he lives in Palm Springs?

Sorry? Not me. Not one bit!

• Love 22

I hate Carole's MC. Hammer poopy pants.

Hammer called, and even he doesn't want that shit back.

I do agree that Beth is just as unhappy as Ro.  The hockey player in that scene was a very odd.  Dennis apparently got out of Dodge. 

If someone who pined for you for decades finally gets you, and then gets ghost, then you're probably the problem. Albeit in an indirect way, even BFF Carole advised not to date Beth.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, imjagain said:

You might be onto something. Beth says to Carole "I know she's  your bestie, but this party...." I didn't catch what she said about the party.  Carole then said "you're  my bestie" then laughed.  

Uh Oh, is jealousy rearing it's ugly head? Does Beth want Carole all to herself? Making comments about your bff's stinky cat pee apartment on camera isn't going to win you any points, Beth. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Wow, Sonja was super excited about the Bergdorf's girt certificate, wasn't she?  

Jeez this is a classy broad; takes the gift card and shoves it up here dress between her legs GROSS!  All i could think was god i feel sorry for the sales clerk that has to touch that card afterwards.   I LOL'ed at Bethanny's Comment comparing Frenchie to her intern.  Im happy to see her smiling again and i hope it lasts thru the reunion at least

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Tinsley dresses like a ten year old. 

Yes, plus Tinsley ACTS like a ten year old.  I can't stand the squealing and the jumping up and down.  She just reeks of desperation - desperate to get a man, desperate to be young, desperate to have all the fun.  She just seems so stunted!  Five minutes after meeting her new guy - "I love him!".  She's just too fucking much.  And I say that knowing how harmless she is!

• Love 19