Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

The Sinner in the Media

Variety: The Sinner is 2017’s No. 1 New Cable Series, according to Nielsen delayed viewing data.

In Live+3 ratings, the series is number one in adults 18-49, adults 25-54, and total viewers, among new cable shows this year, excluding mini-series. Two episodes into its eight episode series run, the series grew in its second week in adults 18-49 by 7% to 1.4 million, adults 25-54 by 5% to 1.6 million, and adults 18-34 by 4% to 543,000. Over its first two episodes, the series is averaging 3.5 million viewers per episode.

Is that good news for a possible second season, wherein Cora remembers more shit?

Given the less-than “cookie-cutter” ending, coupled with the sheer success of the show, Biel says the cabler may well want to continue to capitalize on the interest in the mystery. Though Biel only signed on for one season initially, the show could go the route of “The Killing” or “Top of the Lake” and follow Ambrose onto another case, or even take true anthology route and introduce completely new characters, given that Cora’s motive is fully understood, and her sentence delivered, by the end of the season finale.

“We’re kind of starting from scratch in terms of what a second season could look like,” says Biel. “Are we being true to the language of the show if Cora is still involved? Or is that story over, and we should introduce somebody new? We don’t really know the answer to that question yet, but I would always be open to making the show the best that it can be.”

Jessica Biel on ‘The Sinner’s’ Surprise Success and Season 2 Plans

Two articles about Season 2 saying the main character is the cop Ambrose. It is weird because nobody in the forum liked Ambrose. Cora (Jessica Biel) will not be appearing.

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/sinner-star-jessica-biel-potential-involvement-season-2-626841

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-sinner-season-2-exclusive-teasers/

This I am likely to give a miss. I only watched the first season because I thought Jessica Biel might do something super sexy in it. Too bad they didn't make a Jessica Biel "Orange is the New Black" running around prison in your undies season. That I would have definitely tuned in for.

I ADORE Bill Pullman and found Ambrose touching and fascinating and disturbing, so I'm happy about this.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 12:37 PM, LizDC said:

Article has some spoilers. 

Glad it’s coming back. I love Bill Pullman in this role. 

• Like 3

I had an old reminder set on my cable box for this series and it popped up tonight for a preview of the new season! So happy it's going to be back.

Edited by WaltersHair
  • Like 3

On 1/23/2020 at 11:26 PM, WaltersHair said:

I had an old reminder set on my cable box for this series and it popped up tonight for a preview of the new season! So happy it's going to be back.

Yeah I’m looking forward to it as well - I cannot tell what this season will be about though, the previews give very little away. Should be interesting. 

• Like 1

I just watched the first one with Jessica Biel and couldn't get into the second with the young boy. I am watching the third and intrigued but the delusions and flashbacks get slightly tiring.

One thing I didn't get with the first show was why the parents didn't say their sick daughter was missing and how did they deal with her death before a body was found. That was the only glitch in the writing I found and when I googled to see if I missed something, reviews of the show mentioned the same thing.  Did anyone else think that was odd or glaring? They hovered for 18 years and then it's "oh well, she's gone"  No one reported her missing?

I like Matt Bomer and hope there is a good twist. Feel sorry for his wife in this show. He obviously didn't show any signs previously that alarmed her. I hope the series continues with good stories.

Edited by debraran
  • Like 1