Type keyword(s) to search

The Sinner in the Media

• Start Topic

Variety: The Sinner is 2017’s No. 1 New Cable Series, according to Nielsen delayed viewing data.

In Live+3 ratings, the series is number one in adults 18-49, adults 25-54, and total viewers, among new cable shows this year, excluding mini-series. Two episodes into its eight episode series run, the series grew in its second week in adults 18-49 by 7% to 1.4 million, adults 25-54 by 5% to 1.6 million, and adults 18-34 by 4% to 543,000. Over its first two episodes, the series is averaging 3.5 million viewers per episode.

Is that good news for a possible second season, wherein Cora remembers more shit?

Given the less-than “cookie-cutter” ending, coupled with the sheer success of the show, Biel says the cabler may well want to continue to capitalize on the interest in the mystery. Though Biel only signed on for one season initially, the show could go the route of “The Killing” or “Top of the Lake” and follow Ambrose onto another case, or even take true anthology route and introduce completely new characters, given that Cora’s motive is fully understood, and her sentence delivered, by the end of the season finale.

“We’re kind of starting from scratch in terms of what a second season could look like,” says Biel. “Are we being true to the language of the show if Cora is still involved? Or is that story over, and we should introduce somebody new? We don’t really know the answer to that question yet, but I would always be open to making the show the best that it can be.”

Jessica Biel on ‘The Sinner’s’ Surprise Success and Season 2 Plans

Two articles about Season 2 saying the main character is the cop Ambrose. It is weird because nobody in the forum liked Ambrose. Cora (Jessica Biel) will not be appearing.

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/sinner-star-jessica-biel-potential-involvement-season-2-626841

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-sinner-season-2-exclusive-teasers/

This I am likely to give a miss. I only watched the first season because I thought Jessica Biel might do something super sexy in it. Too bad they didn't make a Jessica Biel "Orange is the New Black" running around prison in your undies season. That I would have definitely tuned in for.

On 1/23/2020 at 11:26 PM, WaltersHair said:

I had an old reminder set on my cable box for this series and it popped up tonight for a preview of the new season! So happy it's going to be back.

Yeah I’m looking forward to it as well - I cannot tell what this season will be about though, the previews give very little away. Should be interesting. 

• Love 1

I just watched the first one with Jessica Biel and couldn't get into the second with the young boy. I am watching the third and intrigued but the delusions and flashbacks get slightly tiring.

One thing I didn't get with the first show was why the parents didn't say their sick daughter was missing and how did they deal with her death before a body was found. That was the only glitch in the writing I found and when I googled to see if I missed something, reviews of the show mentioned the same thing.  Did anyone else think that was odd or glaring? They hovered for 18 years and then it's "oh well, she's gone"  No one reported her missing?

I like Matt Bomer and hope there is a good twist. Feel sorry for his wife in this show. He obviously didn't show any signs previously that alarmed her. I hope the series continues with good stories.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1

‘The Sinner’: Alice Kremelberg Joins Season 4 Of USA Anthology Series As First New Cast Addition

Alice-Kremelberg-USA-Network.jpg?w=681&h

Alice Kremelberg (The Trial Of the Chicago 7) and Bill Pullman featured in the upcoming fourth season of USA Network’s crime anthology series The Sinner.

Alice Kremelberg will play Percy Muldoon, a tough and charismatic young woman born into a prominent fishing family on Deer Island in Northern Maine. Having excelled in the largely male world of lobster fishing, Percy’s even-keeled demeanor is forever altered by a horrific tragedy that throws her life off course.

• Love 1

‘The Sinner’: Michael Mosley Joins Season 4 As New Series Regular

Michael-Mosley-1.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Mosley will play Colin Muldoon, a rugged lobsterman and the devoted son of Meg Muldoon. Colin helped raise his niece, Percy (Alice Kremelberg), and will do anything to protect his family.

In Season 4, still reeling from the trauma of a previous case a year ago, the now-retired Harry Ambrose (Pullman) travels to Hanover Island in Northern Maine for a recuperative getaway with his partner, Sonya (Jessica Hecht). When an unexpected tragedy occurs involving the daughter of a prominent island family, Ambrose is recruited to help the investigation, only to be thrown into a mystery of mounting paranoia that will turn this sleepy tourist island, and Ambrose’s life, upside down.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

‘The Sinner’: Cindy Cheung, Ronin Wong, Neal Huff Set As New Series Regulars For Season 4, David Huynh To Recur

Cheung-Wong-Huff.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Cindy Cheung (The Flight Attendant), Ronin Wong (The Man in the High Castle) and Neal Huff (Mare of Easttown) have joined Season 4 of USA Network’s The Sinner as the new series regulars, and David Huynh (Baby) as recurring. 

Ronin Wong will portray Mike Lam.  Cindy Cheung will play Stephanie Lam. David Huynh will play CJ Lam, son of Mike and Stephanie. Stephanie and Mike runs a local restaurant. Although Hanover Island has been Mike's home of many years, in times of crisis, he is made to feel like an outsider by the long-time residents. Stephanie is willing do anything to protect her son CJ who becomes embroiled in a local mystery. CJ is caught between supporting his parents in their businesses on Hanover Island and his longing to establish his own life on the mainland.

Neal Huff is Sean Muldoon, a dutiful lobsterman with a sensitive soul, Sean works for his family’s fishing business.

• Useful 2

I  watched the first 3 seasons and felt disgusted with myself for the hours I had wasted on someething that left me feeling angry, confused, like a patsy watching a show that was sold as quality but ended up being more like Goodwill junk.  I told myself to not get fooled again but I will probably take a wee peek..  I pray for the strength to not make the same mistake or bail out early if I see a hot mess on the screen.

Edited by patty1h
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it!

Thanks, now I’m going to have the Pointer Sisters stuck in my head all day.  😜 I’d better go look up the lyrics. That line is all I remember. I’m already getting sick of singing it over and over (and over and over...)  ♪ I’m so excited, and I just can’t hide it... 🎶  Stop it!

• LOL 2

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this question... But does anyone know why the season 4 espisodes have been pulled from USA streaming/On-demand? (with Spectrum services, at least).

I was on S4, ep 4, then all of a sudden only ep 1-3 were available and now they have all disappeared for a week+. Gearing up for Netflix release perhaps? Unsure if that is normal. I was ready to finish the season in a day or so so I was bummed and hoping they would reappear haha.

On 1/16/2022 at 1:07 PM, Dreamawake719 said:

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this question... But does anyone know why the season 4 espisodes have been pulled from USA streaming/On-demand? (with Spectrum services, at least).

I was on S4, ep 4, then all of a sudden only ep 1-3 were available and now they have all disappeared for a week+. Gearing up for Netflix release perhaps? Unsure if that is normal. I was ready to finish the season in a day or so so I was bummed and hoping they would reappear haha.

I’m almost a year late on this, but I just watched season 4 on Netflix.   They have all the seasons.