Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

Cougar Town

It's weird, because when I watch reruns of Friends, I always think they look like real grownups, more grown-up than me, but of course they were younger then than I am now. It is frightening to think that, therefore, I must look horribly ravaged by time myself now. Hopefully not as bad as Matthew Perry, but still.

Edited by daisieclickie

I really enjoyed it, but I hope it wasn't our series finale! I've really been enjoying the show going a little bit back to its roots of Jules figuring out how to be older, and I think the grandparent angle is great for that.

Trav and Laurie's fight in this episode was the most realistic they've been as a couple so far. I like the poetic symmetry of their story and Bobby/Jules' wrt the unplanned pregnancy. How did Laurie get pregnant though? Wasn't she on birth control that made her only get her "yeariod" once a year?

Just watched the finale last night and I teared up a bit b/c you can tell in that last scene that they were saying goodbye (in case it is not renewed).  I hope they renew this show. 

"Might I trouble either of you for a Werther's Original?"

• Like 2

I hope it comes back but if it doesn't, that was a nice just-in-case ending.  And I kind of love that at least one TV show doesn't have the couple break up because they want different things.  Be creative, figure it out!

• Like 2

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

I really like this absurd little show so I am glad they got one season AND I am glad that it will be its last season.  So many shows linger just too long.  I would rather have a show go out while it is still good, than become less and less enjoyable.  Knowing that this is the last season gives them time to wrap up all the storylines and give closure to the characters. 

More and more of my favorite shows are going for the shorter runs (SOA, Justified, Mad Men) and condensed 13 episode seasons and I am loving it :)

I really really like this show -- it is one of the true pleasure of my TV viewing. 

But I really can't stand the California beaches pretending to be Southwest Florida. 

Just so everyone knows -- SWFla has no mountains -- no hills even. There are no surfable waves -- the Gulf just sort of rolls in with swells of less than a foot most of the time. The water is way too warm for wetsuits, and the beaches aren't wide or densely packed -- you can't ride ATVs or bikes on them very easily.  There are also lots of mosquitos and no-see-ums on the beach.

That's all. :)

Imaginary hat...

The funniest response to this was Grayson's "imaginary clown nose merp merp " but Ellie couldn't figure out why people didn't know what she was referring to. I am one of those people, what response was she looking for?

I've noticed that Hulu has very strange cut scenes in the episodes,  which is unfortunate,  but I'm still happy to have it. 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2018 at 8:30 PM, amaranta said:

Entire Series now streaming - Thank you Hulu! :-)

(And I was just about to bite the bullet and buy it!)

Ditto! I have the first three seasons on DVD, had just finished them and was considering buying the others on Amazon digital, so this was perfect timing. This will be my third time watching the whole series.

• Like 1

I just finished Season 3; I had forgotten how much fun it was to read the title cards. Cougarton Abbey still makes me giggle.  

• Like 3

I've been doing a slow rewatch and am on Season 3. I feel like this show had some great moments, but like many could not sustain it much. Seasons 1 - 3.5 ish are great. Three things ruined this show for me: 

-Grayson having a daughter

-Laurie and Bobbie hooking up

-Jules dad having Alzheimers

I'm partway season 3 and it's great to see the Scrubs meta, but then there is the clang of the baby, and the anvil clang of Laurie and Travis. 

I really disliked Season 4 and 5, so I'm not sure how far I'll get with the rewatch before bailing. 

• Like 1

On 30/11/2015 at 9:38 PM, acesfullkgb25 said:

Imaginary hat...

The funniest response to this was Grayson's "imaginary clown nose merp merp " but Ellie couldn't figure out why people didn't know what she was referring to. I am one of those people, what response was she looking for?

Doffing your hat to someone is an old fashioned show of respect. So when she says ‘imaginary hat’ and makes the action of tipping the hat, it’s a congratulatory sign-like an old fashioned version of a fist bump 

• Like 4

Just watched 4.10. This is where this show starts to suck.

Lori angry bc Travis is dating other women? The whole Lori and Trav storyline sucks from start to finish. I also dont buy Lori being that into Trav. His looks and personality- he's not that great. IRL I would tell him to get his own life and stop hanging out with his parents.

10 minute placement story for Target that had no point and was completely over the top.

Lori and Andy beating each other up? Unrealistic and dumb.

Not sure how far I will get with the rewatch. I remember the end of this show being such a drag. This is the first ep that just seemed out and out bad.

Edited by cleo
  • Like 1