Type keyword(s) to search

Luann & Tom's Divorce: The Slap Heard 'Round the (RH) World

• Start Topic

Guesses On Why Luann and Tom Decided to Divorce?   POLL OPEN

262 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Yes Tom is a big ole man whore.

The problem with Luann is that Tom never hid this side of himself from the JUMP.

He showed this side of himself to her when they met (wasn't he on a date?)

He showed this side of himself in the Lovely Regency Kiss photo.

He showed this side of himself having his hand on some woman's thigh on "the yacht"

Tom revealed his true self for the viewers to see, Luann spent a lot more time with him so I'm sure she saw more questionable behavior - and she still chose to marry him.

I still believe their divorce comes down to money. If Tom had true wealth - Luann would have stayed in the marriage. If Luann had true wealth - Tom wouldn't have filed for a divorce. They both got tired of trying to pass the bill across the table to each other - with no one having the funds to pay.

I'm with you KFB. I voted a money connection as the reason for the Big Slap.  Looking forward to watching her river dance.  She cannot say that Tom's ex-friends are the reason for the Big Slap, when she has said numerous times she's ok with his "friends".   But she'll have to.   She can't/won't come clean about any money angle to the "murrrage" .  Unless Andy turns into Diane Sawyer at Brynn's playground, this special will be a lot of the ex countess's blah blah blah.

• Love 7

As to Luann and being a friend of the RH, let's face it they had real issues with Aviva and all of her absences.  Luann started the season holding out for more money and she did well moneywise and it was a good season for her.  Luann and Sonja had a hard time mending fences as did Carole and Sonja.  Never in the history of Bravo have they had a "friend of" sit through a entire Reunion, until the Luann FOH season.  Let's face at best that season, as evidenced by the ratings was a huge dud.  Without Luann it would have been cancelled.  Heather's great David vs. Goliath story with her taking on Sara Blakely of Spanx, not only didn't take off was quashed by a federal court ruling.  Carole's ghost writing story was a dead end-especially after the book fizzled.  

I am torn because I want to wait to the Andy/Luann moment.  Andy was very clear in pre-press-he wanted to have a sit down with Luann after she spent some time away licking her wounds.  They are not adversaries-no one enjoys a Countess moment more than Andy.  I remember him saying he wanted her to do a song about leaving her old life behind and she politely nixed it.

I feel for Luann only because I do think Tom behaves like a petulant child.  In my mind I don't think Luann was prepared for such a man child.  Even his complaints, according to Bethenny made no sense.  She was on eggshells until the episode aired in July of 2016 about Tom-there was no super pre-weeding hype.  SO for Tm to complain was pretty silly.  I think the louse was determined to assert his shrinking manhood and try and put Luann in an unconscionable position.  Boo-hoo-hoo that he wasn't able to carry on as if he wasn't married.  There is a huge difference between being civil to former lovers and including them in your milestone moments and Tom seeking out the companionship of an old flame-who apparently had no qualms about sharing the encounters with the press.  TOm, to me, just comes off as an incredibly spoiled individual.  I just hope for Luann's sake she wasn't out a bundle of dough for the asshole.  

I still am wondering if Tom and his family's financial dealings weren't a deal breaker that Luann will never discuss.   

• Love 9
On 8/31/2017 at 0:32 PM, HunterHunted said:

I would agree that the Bravo overlords were mad that she chose to announce after they wrapped filming of the reunion. She has a reputation of hiding things and lying about her life. That disclaimer was basically Bravo saying to the viewers that you know which liar to blame for the lack of a segment with the juicy details of this crumbling wreck of a relationship. I also suspect that her participation in season 10 was contingent on her interview with Andy.

They filmed the reunion mid July. It had been story after story of discord. Tom and LuAnn jointly file on August 3rd. I think Bravo must have realized that Lu had already had conversations with Tom and her lawyer about ending the marriage. It was 2 weeks from when she filmed the reunion crowing about how in love she was with Tom and when she filed. Her lawyers were probably drafting her petition for divorce as they filmed the reunion. 

His side is now alleging that her slap/grab caused bleeding.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/tom-dagostino-dating-again-amid-luann-de-lesseps-divorce-w500370

To be fair, Lu is not the only one who hides things. B is queen of not letting her real life be on tv (not talking about the stalking situation and court orders, but the season she lamented being single when she was actually dating (iirc) an accused rapist etc)

• Love 13

Looking forward to watching her river dance.  She cannot say that Tom's ex-friends are the reason for the Big Slap, when she has said numerous times she's ok with his "friends".   But she'll have to.   She can't/won't come clean about any money angle to the "murrrage" .  Unless Andy turns into Diane Sawyer at Brynn's playground, this special will be a lot of the ex countess's blah blah blah.

Given how spineless Andy can be at interviews, would he even push that hard? He'll probably make her eat some crow and cop to a few minor issues. like the marriage being in trouble long before the reunion was taped, but I'm not sure we'll be getting tons of juicy details and gossip. Though I imagine we'll be hearing Luann grind her teeth through the TV screen...

Without Luann it would have been cancelled. 

Naaah, there's no way of knowing that for sure.

They are not adversaries-no one enjoys a Countess moment more than Andy.  I remember him saying he wanted her to do a song about leaving her old life behind and she politely nixed it.

Enjoying a person for the camp value you perceive they have doesn't necessarily mean you enjoy that person.

• Love 9
On 9/1/2017 at 11:09 PM, itsadryheat said:

I'm with you KFB. I voted a money connection as the reason for the Big Slap.  Looking forward to watching her river dance.  She cannot say that Tom's ex-friends are the reason for the Big Slap, when she has said numerous times she's ok with his "friends".   But she'll have to.   She can't/won't come clean about any money angle to the "murrrage" .  Unless Andy turns into Diane Sawyer at Brynn's playground, this special will be a lot of the ex countess's blah blah blah.

Maybe we should call it a "mirage'

I'm already picturing Luann telling Andy she was "blindsided" by the infidelity, to which Bunny will have to say

39855a350707f35b3a4213f384e2f71e.gif

• Love 12

Luann showed off her Mrs. D'Agostino tank to the ladies...will she recycle the tank?

I'm wondering which of the ladies is "crafty" and can help her glitter glue the word "EX" onto the tank

Breaking news - Luann in negotiations to claim her FOH status. Like Archie Bunker, she is demanding the "minimum pay" in her contract.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Luann showed off her Mrs. D'Agostino tank to the ladies...will she recycle the tank?

I'm wondering which of the ladies is "crafty" and can help her glitter glue the word "EX" onto the tank

Breaking news - Luann in negotiations to claim her FOH status. Like Archie Bunker, she is demanding the "minimum pay" in her contract.

Sonja. She's still recycling those Morgan napkins

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Is Bravo only offering FOH status or is that all she wants?

The ratings for Luann's before they were housewives special must've been pretty good if Bravo decided to film & air another prime time special with her.

There was a listing for its re-airing recently, so yeah, apparently it did do well. I imagine her interview tomorrow will get higher ratings than the other ladies' WWHL appearances, too.

DIq83f3XkAAiixF.jpg

AMAZING.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 4

There was a listing for its re-airing recently, so yeah, apparently it did do well. I imagine her interview tomorrow will get higher ratings than the other ladies' WWHL appearances, too.

People do enjoy watching a good train-wreck...

• Love 9

This Tom guy. Tells a lot about Luann that she entertained a marriage with such an overused sperm. It appears he is loving this. Was this the plan all along? And the new side chick. I feel like everyone is in on this but us.  I want to fast forward a few years really bad.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

This Tom guy. Tells a lot about Luann that she entertained a marriage with such an overused sperm. It appears he is loving this. Was this the plan all along? And the new side chick. I feel like everyone is in on this but us.  I want to fast forward a few years really bad.

This is why I wonder about that rumor I read awhile back. Something to the effect that the marriage was more of a businesslike affair. It went along the lines of: that he needed to cash in on an inheritance but it was only available to him if he was married. Luann needed a storyline. They hatched a plot to go in on this sham marriage {Luann must have had some of Lydias fairy dust (RHOC) put into her brain via her eyes because I think her twinkle was real}.That she really liked him and thought this might actually work out.  Boom. Done deal. They cashed those Bravo paychecks, got married and waited for his bday when the caveat on the inheritance came due (didn't they marry on his bday too?). So, he reverts back to his "this sham is over" ways; she gets hurt feelings and prepares for the divorce, but they both go to the bank and enjoy their balances. Now he wants out and is enjoying every moment of his freedom and gold coins. She is left picking up the coins (change) on the ground. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
A slight clarification
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Maharincess said:

If it was a sham marriage for a storyline or an inheritance wouldn't they have had it filmed by Bravo? 

Why? They had press and People magazine gave them a deal for exclusive photos (until Jill Zaria posted some on SM). If it was a sham marriage for storyline only, Bravo wouldn't have necessarily have to be privy to their little deal. 

Something just seems off about the whole deal. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Why? They had press and People magazine gave them a deal for exclusive photos (until Jill Zaria posted some on SM). If it was a sham marriage for storyline only, Bravo wouldn't have necessarily have to be privy to their little deal. 

Something just seems off about the whole deal. 

I haven't seen any evidence of an inheritance and married by 50 would be an extremely odd requirement. However, if it were the case he probably could have found a women who wasn't on a reality show for whatever reason he doesn't seem to have a problem attracting them.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, SCS said:

Well, it's rather doubtful any of us would ever be privy to that manner of evidence as it relates to Tom and potential inheritance but IMO it quite possibly could be true. Eccentric wealthy peeps often do crazy things with their funds and heirs. Bing Crosby had his wealth tied up in a way that none of his 4 sons by his first marriage would inherit before the age of 65. Alas, 3 of the 4 died before hitting that milestone.

One inheriting at a certain age is common, inheriting on marriage is not uncommon, combing those to come up with 50 is just weird and seemed to have only been mentioned because they got married on his birthday.

There is no indication that he comes from serious money, eccentric or not, in fact most suggestions are that he doesn't have money. 

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Good to know Bethenny is now seen as a reliable and credible source.

Didn't say she was a reliable and credible source. I stated earlier that there are many more illusions to him not being wealthy on the show and added that one person was Bethenny but maybe I should assume she is just full of shit.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Just clarifying, when sometimes a person is considered full of shit vs. being a credible source.

For me it's typically when I know what they are saying in fact incorrect but it's a case by case basis even for people I don't like. Lu implied Bethenny was full of shit when she said it but I wasn't saying it was credible just that it was said.

• Love 5

Yeah but either way, we have no idea if what Bethenny was saying about Tom was true or not...unless someone leaks a copy of any potential trust fund that has the stipulation that he needed to be married by a certain age to inherit.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It was also Bethenny who suggested that she knew from friends that he went after women for their money and he had none of his own.

Bethenny also claimed that once Tom came into money he was finally getting laid because he was not in the money and homely.  One thing about Bethenny is she does cover all her bases.  And of course there was the Tom is gay rumor she and Carole discussed on camera.  

The lawsuit was eye opening-I did not know Tom's father was still alive and CEO of the company Tom is president of and there is a brother.

• Love 6

Bethenny also claimed that once Tom came into money he was finally getting laid because he was not in the money and homely. 

Well, if anybody knows about fucking based on wealth (accused rapists and married men need apply), it's Frankel.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, jaync said:

Well, if anybody knows about fucking based on wealth (accused rapists and married men need apply), it's Frankel.

She does not choose well. Jason, Dennis still married, rapist and toothless hockey players included.

Oh and then there is Eric.

• Love 2
On 9/4/2017 at 3:13 PM, WireWrap said:

No, this is just the posters sense of humor and what she would like to happen, nothing more. LOL

I'm so naive!

21 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny also claimed that once Tom came into money he was finally getting laid because he was not in the money and homely.  One thing about Bethenny is she does cover all her bases.  And of course there was the Tom is gay rumor she and Carole discussed on camera.  

The lawsuit was eye opening-I did not know Tom's father was still alive and CEO of the company Tom is president of and there is a brother.

What lawsuit???

Edited by Jextella
18 minutes ago, Dirty Mary said:

Tom is obviously not rolling in the dough if he is bothering to try and make Luann pay him back for fixing up her kitchen. 

Oh well, I guess those martinis as The Regency don't buy themselves.  

Luann's kitchen is the same as it has always been, since she bought and remodeled before Tom.  I am not getting where that is coming from. The same article also claimed Tom was wanting to take Luann's place on RHONYC.  I was kind of checking out her kitchen when she was with Andy and it didn't even have integrated appliances.  Okay that is kind of snotty on my part.

I agree about the martinis.  I often wondered if perhaps Tom has a bit of a drinking problem.  He seems to spend a lot of time in bars.

• Love 7

Tom is obviously not rolling in the dough if he is bothering to try and make Luann pay him back for fixing up her kitchen. 

Oh well, I guess those martinis as The Regency don't buy themselves.  

tumblr_npc1zpVCel1rw0ifto1_400.gif

I often wondered if perhaps Tom has a bit of a drinking problem.  He seems to spend a lot of time in bars.

So far, no video footage of him drunkenly falling over a ledge or into bushes ass over tit...

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

The only thing that has been renovated in Lu's house was the addition of a master bedroom upstairs.  She was planning that renovation before Tom ever came into the picture:

http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/real-estate/luann-de-lesseps-of-the-the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-settles-into-her-long-island-home-1.10487696

The article only states what Luann's plans were, not what actually ended up being done.  And it doesn't say who paid for anything.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

So ... Tom wants a couple of hundred bucks for the chairs? LOL 

What a cheap ass. Maybe Missy wants them for her kitchen?

How do we know for sure that Tom is asking for anything? I haven't seen any copies of their divorce papers where he is asking for money for any reason. Has anyone seen actual copies of his divorce paperwork or is this yet again coming for the all too famous, yet never named, "unnamed source"? LOL

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

How do we know for sure that Tom is asking for anything? I haven't seen any copies of their divorce papers where he is asking for money for any reason. Has anyone seen actual copies of his divorce paperwork or is this yet again coming for the all too famous, yet never named, "unnamed source"? LOL

I was just kidding. I don't actually know for a fact that Tom wants anything from Luann. Or if Missy wants chairs with Luann's ass prints all over them. It was just a joke.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

This 2017 tour shows the kitchen is the same as where Carole met Adam. She might have switched out the chairs bubut the cabinets and appliances are from the pre-Tom years.

Eta: Was showing her current kitchen.

I love that kitchen. I love the shape of the room, the windows, the light, the seating, I even love the papier mache ("What is papier mache!!?") patchwork bull head.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I believe that article only states what Luann's plans were, not what actually ended up being done.  And it certainly doesn't say who paid for anything. 

What I got from the article is that Tom paid for a kitchen restoration.  From what I've seen there never was a kitchen restoration.

• Love 2

I was just kidding. I don't actually know for a fact that Tom wants anything from Luann. Or if Missy wants chairs with Luann's ass prints all over them. It was just a joke.

I thought it was funny.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Ok, I have seen others making the claim that Tom is asking for money here before though. LOL

• Love 3