Type keyword(s) to search

S16: Shawn Buitendorp

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Looking at that runway show from the twin's company I kept wondering who actually made those outfits. Having seen their mutual lack of basic sewing/design skills and sewing competence (speaking about Shawn, in particular here) I find it pretty damn unlikely that they have the wherewithal to produce those leather jackets--sewing something like that is seriously difficult and requires special techniques and (often) special heavy duty machines. For someone having issues with basic zippers and waistbands, well... Of course there's no law against sourcing out things like that or the embellishments on the backs but frankly, after what we've all seen from them, even the body suit seems too well made and fitted to have come from their own efforts.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 6

dire

On 9/26/2017 at 4:42 PM, Beden said:

Looking at that runway show from the twin's company I kept wondering who actually made those outfits. Having seen their mutual lack of basic sewing/design skills and sewing competence (speaking about Shawn, in particular here) I find it pretty damn unlikely that they have the wherewithal to produce those leather jackets--sewing something like that is seriously difficult and requires special techniques and (often) special heavy duty machines. For someone having issues with basic zippers and waistbands, well... Of course there's no law against sourcing out things like that or the embellishments on the backs but frankly, after what we've all seen from them, even the body suit seems too well made and fitted to have come from their own efforts.

Given that they are referred to on their own Twitter as the "creative directors" of the company, it tells me that someone else takes their designs and translates them into as decent a fashion as they can. They aren't giving people too much to work with though.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, MegD said:

Given that they are referred to on their own Twitter as the "creative directors" of the company, it tells me that someone else takes their designs and translates them into as decent a fashion as they can. They aren't giving people too much to work with though.

I mean, really - how hard is it to say, "Print these words on a sweatshirt"? Hey, I made custom items on zazzle and Cafe Press so I'm a creative director too! I also ordered custom shirts on etsy where I came up with a design and just outsourced the labor so I'm definitely on their level. My company is called Puke and Barf. Be on the lookout for my runway show!

• Love 6