Type keyword(s) to search

S16: Shawn Buitendorp

Drogo
  • Start Topic

This photo made me realize how much her current look actually detracts from her beauty.

Or maybe I'm a fuddy-duddy who just doesn't get that edgy is all about rebelling against conventional beauty. Whatever. She's so pretty without the septum ring and that insane pink lipstick.

Shawn.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 5

Looks sheer to me. She might have some sort of flesh tone body suit underneath.

Shawn is driving me insane. Nearly every facial tic she has I despise. The way she stretches her lip over her teeth makes her look like an ugly rabbit. "I've never worked with a plus size model" wah wah wah. 

• Love 4

I really dislike Katy Perry's style.  I 100% get that it's a look and it's her thing and it works for her and her image, but I rarely see her in something that's not absurd.

This is possibly a reason that the twin's ethos is lost on me. I don't care for the ridiculous costume look. A tiny bit of costume, sure. A fun tidbit, a nod to a certain costume-y look. But too much is too much.

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:12 PM, sleepyjean said:

This photo made me realize how much her current look actually detracts from her beauty.

Or maybe I'm a fuddy-duddy who just doesn't get that edgy is all about rebelling against conventional beauty. Whatever. She's so pretty without the septum ring and that insane pink lipstick.

Shawn.jpg

Yes, she has a lovely smile.   Not that we will ever see it I suppose

• Love 3
4 hours ago, oceanview said:

Yes, she has a lovely smile.   Not that we will ever see it I suppose

I'm amazed at how much the septum piercing changes her look. It accentuates the pointyness of her nose and the length of her upper lip.

It's sort of like when someone gets a tattoo that should look really nice but the placement is shit and it looks like shit.

• Love 3

Something bothers me about the way she talks, but I can't put my finger on exactly what it is. I can't tell if she's trying to cover an accent or be extra careful on the words she uses, but it's annoying. 

Edited by RiverSong
Typo
  • Love 4
On 8/10/2017 at 11:06 PM, Guest said:

I want both twins gone. Shawn should go first. Just because. 

Just because they suck the air out of the room. For someone who has sucked so badly, she is awfully opinionated.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, RiverSong said:

Something bothers me about the way she talks, but I can't put my finger on exactly what it is. I can't tell if she's trying to cover an accent or be extra careful on the words she uses, but it's annoying. 

Thurston Howell III in drag.

• Love 11

While I don't think either twin is up to the talent level of the other designers, I think Shawn is the less talented of the two.  She's definitely the more dominant twin but Claire has more design talent.  I think if Claire goes first, Shawn will have a breakdown. Even though Claire seems so co-dependent, I think she'd find room to breathe for an episode or two (please, no more than that) if Shawn was gone.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, jelley said:

Admittedly, I am an old fogy, but the septum piercing just looks like snot to me.

Me, too, and I really do try to appreciate people's choices in personal adornment. The light hits those piercings in certain ways and it looks like a runny nose. 

• Love 7

They are basically nice looking girls but I think they do a good job of screwing that up with the hair (lack of), nasal piercing, garish makeup, and their mannerisms. They also don't know how to maintain neutral or pleasant facial expressions - when they get judges' feedback you can see them seething. I've known some identical twins who are very close. But I've never seen adult twins who are constantly cuddling or holding each other like these two. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Found these runway pictures (NOT from Project Runway) from their company (Shock and Aww).  A couple aren't too bad; others made me LOL.

Not one single original idea or look, mostly just trashy/flashy.  Shock and Aww?  LOL - the company should be called Meh and Ugh.

• Love 9

I thought those leather jackets were cool the first few times I saw them. But I've seen enough of them now that I'm over it. And they don't seem to have anything else that's interesting. Their line is not shocking, it's not awe-inspiring, and it's not "awwww, so cute" either. So while it's a cute name for a business, it doesn't actually fit their aesthetic. Not what I've seen of their work, anyway.

• Love 3
On 9/13/2017 at 11:07 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ha! Didn't think it possible, but their menswear is worse than their women's wear.  "Get wet," "Bite me" and "Cash only."

Not ONE sane person told them "No."

"Salute" on that guy's crotch???

And the girl with the sequined crotch -- who looks like she wet her pants?

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:31 PM, jrlr said:

Not one single original idea or look, mostly just trashy/flashy.  Shock and Aww?  LOL - the company should be called Meh and Ugh.

And here I was thinking it should be called Copy and Cat. That tiger jacket is a Gucci knock off.

• Love 5
On 9/13/2017 at 2:07 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ha! Didn't think it possible, but their menswear is worse than their women's wear.  "Get wet," "Bite me" and "Cash only."

Not ONE sane person told them "No."

And let's not overlook the shorts with the flower growing on the model's twat. An albino snake draped around the model's neck? How wonderfully Brittney maybe 15 or whatever years ago.

Seriously underwhelmed and--we can assume that this is what they considered their best stuff.

• Love 3

So, ok... According to what I saw of their "Shock and Awww" line, I'm a fashion designer ! Yay !!!!! (yup ! creating some t-shirts with some lettering or design on it and leather jackets with embelishments too. Even shoes ! Y'all ! wohohooo !)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Nancypants said:

I would buy a sweatshirt from Shawn if it had a picture of Shawn and Clair with Duct Tape over thier Sneering Yapping Garishly Painted Mouths on it.

...For 8.00 at Sears.

Can you check to see if they have one in a Large for me???  

• Love 3
On 9/13/2017 at 9:59 AM, AZChristian said:

Found these runway pictures (NOT from Project Runway) from their company (Shock and Aww).  A couple aren't too bad; others made me LOL.

I think they do good work with the colored fabric patterns....just not whole outfits.  They need to find a niche where they can just do the pattern concepts stuff.  Not sure what that would be, though. Maybe just separates, like coats or something.

• Love 1