Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Con-text is Everything

• Start Topic

so his about face was just crazy weird.

I suspect that despite his outlay of money Jerry didn't get laid, and he was venting his spleen on the young buck with the big muscles.

This episode was the most transparent about the ubiquitous presence of "yacht girls" in the Mediterranean.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Except that Jerry knew from the first day that Bobby and Paula had matched on Tinder and Jerry was the one who made them have their first "date" so his about face was just crazy weird. Also, was it ever mentioned why they had to go shoe shipping at 7 pm on the night before they were leaving? Nothing made sense that night and Jerry was just creepy and weird.

He didn't make an about face.  He was put out about it from the moment he heard about it.  You could tell by looking at him and the tone of his voice.  From Jerry's perspective, the woman he paid to accompany him and pay attention to him was trolling for dates at the same time.  It was the alpha male finding out he wasn't quite so alpha.

Jerry is pitiful, as are the women who took his money.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

He needs to be a suitor on the Bachelorette. He's head over heels instantly and vindictive and nasty when his feelings aren't reciprocated. He's so terrible, but he'd be amazing on there.

He couldn't have looked worse; physical altercation with his roomie, then tried to sully the reputation of his ex informing all who would listen what they personally shared before coming aboard the ship! Being jilted doesn't invoke sympathy! Silence would have been golden, but he couldn't do it and the reunion will punish his behavior with these facts! ;-)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

So, Semester At Sea?

That season was boring, aside from Veronica stealing someone's shirt.  

Malia is the worst.  I'd get this behavior if she was 21 or 22, but... girl.  No.  Not at 27.   

Hannah may have had a terrible work ethic -- with editing, we'll never really know -- but she's excellent at defending herself.  

• Love 7
Just now, LucyHoneychrrch said:

That season was boring, aside from Veronica stealing someone's shirt.  

Malia is the worst.  I'd get this behavior if she was 21 or 22, but... girl.  No.  Not at 27.   

Hannah may have had a terrible work ethic -- with editing, we'll never really know -- but she's excellent at defending herself.  

It seemed like she was busy doing chief stew stuff or taking a break,  people get breaks,  when they focused on her. Fugs wasn't happy doing second stew stuff. Lauren doesn't know the difference, so yeah,  it's hard to tell. 

• Love 4

Hannah was chief stew no matter what. Maybe it didn't really matter to Bugsy to be second stew IF she had a decent chief stew. Bugsy was hired by Bravo and she knew she wasn't going to be chief stew. To me, IMO, Bugsy didn't care she wasn't chief stew, she was bothered that Hannah wasn't a good chief stew. I took exception to some behaviors and work ethic of past bosses but it didn't mean I wanted their job. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I suspect that despite his outlay of money Jerry didn't get laid, and he was venting his spleen on the young buck with the big muscles.

This episode was the most transparent about the ubiquitous presence of "yacht girls" in the Mediterranean.

Oh absolutely. I'm positive that there wasn't even any top of the clothes rubbing. Jerry left with balls bluer than the Mediterranean.

• Love 10

I'm quoting Bugsy from last week's episode, where she's complaining about Hannah to Captain Sandy and after they showed a montage of Hannah's delegating work to Bugsy, like washing dishes and setting a table: "I just never should've taken the second stew position. And that's me speaking honestly."

• Love 5

After reading this thread I know this is an unpopular opinion but.....I am totally 100000% team Adam. Malia so played him, and now Wes too.. He thought they were in a relationship, and rightly so given how she was acting and texting him, but Malia is one of "those" girls from high school....you know the ones who are always looking for the next guy cuz the grass is always greener somewhere else.. Wasn't one of her text to Adam about going to Hawaii? and didn't she go to South Africa with Wes? She wants to live the life and will play whoever can give her that at the moment.  I just hope Wes isn't that dumb and is playing her right back...but Adam did the right thing by warning him and Wes stayed with her anyways....guess she has a golden vagina!

• Love 11
12 hours ago, terrymct said:

He didn't make an about face.  He was put out about it from the moment he heard about it.  You could tell by looking at him and the tone of his voice.  From Jerry's perspective, the woman he paid to accompany him and pay attention to him was trolling for dates at the same time.  It was the alpha male finding out he wasn't quite so alpha.

Jerry is pitiful, as are the women who took his money.

Yes, that was sad to watch.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It seemed like she was busy doing chief stew stuff or taking a break,  people get breaks,  when they focused on her. Fugs wasn't happy doing second stew stuff. Lauren doesn't know the difference, so yeah,  it's hard to tell. 

Exactly.  We are used to third stews complaining about being stuck in the laundry room.  I think that has happened every season.  Most second stews have just 1-2 seasons (on a yacht, not necessarily BD or BDM) under their belt so they have a grasp of what each position does but know they aren't ready for the chief stew position.  Bugs was different because she had been a chief stew. My opinion is that production did it on purpose. They cast Bugs knowing that she had been a chief stew previously and would probably chafe under anybody just because she wasn't chief stew. A lot people that were management aren't happy to go back to being an employee again. They might think that but they then have problems with having to answer to someone, following someone else's decisions, etc. All that said, Bugs could have handled it professionally. In my opinion, she did absolutely nothing that would make me think she should be a chief stew because I wouldn't be able to trust her not to snoop or not to create drama amongst the staff. 

4 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

After reading this thread I know this is an unpopular opinion but.....I am totally 100000% team Adam. Malia so played him, and now Wes too.. He thought they were in a relationship, and rightly so given how she was acting and texting him, but Malia is one of "those" girls from high school....you know the ones who are always looking for the next guy cuz the grass is always greener somewhere else.. Wasn't one of her text to Adam about going to Hawaii? and didn't she go to South Africa with Wes? She wants to live the life and will play whoever can give her that at the moment.  I just hope Wes isn't that dumb and is playing her right back...but Adam did the right thing by warning him and Wes stayed with her anyways....guess she has a golden vagina!

I'm on Team Adam too and I think there are several who are. He also could have dealt with it better and made poor decisions (onions!). However, I do think Malia played him just like she will play Wes when someone "better" comes along. I would have warned my friends if their boyfriend was pulling the stunt that Malia did.  That's what friends do. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

The hard thing is trying to reconcile

- the Adam who purposely went against a primary's preference sheet and maliciously kept doing so, even when the primary complained

- the Adam who was incredibly rude and belligerent to Hannah just because he was upset about his situation

- the Adam who purposely undermined Hannah and pitted Bugsy against her

- the Adam who basically pissed on Malia around Bobby and Wes early on in the season

- the drunk and obnoxious Adam in Croatia who went at Wes

...with the Adam that WAS wronged and led on and manipulated by Malia. Because I really do agree with your points regarding this situation, even if he certainly is a Stage 5 clinger, but Adam has shown his ass too many times for me to gather up enough empathy to be on his team. I'm not on Malia's by any degree, though. 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 9

I think Malia played Adam but I am not on his team because he is a pathetic asshole. He chose to behave like an immature asshat not only with her and Wes but with Hannah and the guests and that is on him.

He should have handled it all like he handled the last conversation with Malia and then I would be on his side.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

The hard thing is trying to reconcile

- the Adam who purposely went against a primary's preference sheet and maliciously kept doing so, even when the primary complained

- the Adam who was incredibly rude and belligerent to Hannah just because he was upset about his situation

- the Adam who purposely undermined Hannah and pitted Bugsy against her

- the Adam who basically pissed on Malia around Bobby and Wes early on in the season

- the drunk and obnoxious Adam in Croatia who went at Wes

...with the Adam that WAS wronged and led on and manipulated by Malia. Because I really do agree with your points regarding this situation, even if he certainly is a Stage 5 clinger, but Adam has shown his ass too many times for me to gather up enough empathy to be on his team. I'm not on Malia's by any degree, though. 

I think it's very possible to dislike (even despise!) Adam and still think Malia did him dirty. Just like Hanna can be a shitty chief stew and Bugs can still be annoying for bringing it up every other day. Sandy and Max were alright but not a single person on this boat was the least bit endearing. 

Edited by rho
  • Love 5

I think Adam was not really hurt about Malia's rejection so much as he was annoyed that his own narrative didn't end up being what he'd planned.  I think he engineered his own plotline coming into this, and was furious that it was upended; instead of a romantic hero, he ends up coming off as a chump, and that has to seriously irritate.  

• Love 2

Adam came into the season with a chip on his shoulder. He was already salty because some ex wouldn't introduce him to her family. So we get the big sad eyes and poor damaged me attitude. Then we have to hear all about how she messed with his head. Seems girls are always messing with his head. Poor Adam.

Then, he has issues with "guys like Kenny". Well, guys like Kenny are the ones who charter yachts. It's not the Adam show. Everyone isn't there to give him constant accolades. He works for the guest. His job is to make the guest happy. If his ego can't take the challenge, then he is in the wrong line of work. He should go make salads at Panera.

• Love 3
On 8/8/2017 at 10:59 PM, HahYallDoin said:

Watching with my teenage son and when we got to the scene of Adam and Wes talking on the last day in their cabin, he exclaimed 'Bananas on a boat! What??? Look at that box of bananas! THAT is why they had so much bad relationship juju...EVERYBODY knows you can't have bananas on a boat or else you'll be jinxed!' 

I spilled my ice cream in my lap, I was laughing so hard. Mystery solved folks, courtesy of an 18 year old boat rat LOL 

On 8/8/2017 at 11:55 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

I served on a ship in the USN and never heard of that,  but on reflection I don't think we ever had ? on board either.  Hmmmm. 

Lol! I had not heard this either so I asked my husband about it, who is currently away from home on a fishing vessel. He has worked in commercial fishing for about 13 years now and always tells me stories like this. Like for instance, you're never supposed to leave port on a Friday to go fishing. *shrug*

He said no one (that he knows of) really cares about the banana thing anymore. The big deal with them a long time time ago was that they attracted spiders and back then, if you were hundreds of miles offshore, that meant death if you got bitten. Now they have pretty sweet medical kits on board and (I don't know if all boats are like this) but as the engineer, my husband has to get all kinds of emergency certifications. Then I guess there's always the coast guard if it's really serious. Anyway, thought that was interesting!

Edited by Caseyh1981
  • Love 11

I'm not only on the Adam hate train, I bought an extra seat to hold all of my ill will toward him. I'm not saying his odiousness makes it ok for Malia to behave as she did, but her behavior doesn't excuse his. We don't know who cooked up the "let's hide our prior relationship" idea, but Adam agreed to it. He was happy to deceive when it suited his purpose, but came all over the victim when he was cleverly "led on" by someone who was 26 going on 16. Relationships end all the time because one person finds someone she or he likes better. It sucks, but an adult sucks it up and at least attempts to show some class. Adam kissed and told, not to protect Wes, but to try to hurt Wes and, by extension, Malia.

Another thing adults do is practice a little caution if they find themselves loving someone they've known for only four days. If Adam had taken some time to actually get to know Malia, he might have spotted the fact that she wasn't all that into him. Adam said he's had some bad breakups. I have to wonder if the women involved even knew they were in the relationship.

I agree with LucyHoneychrrch. I don't think Adam was all that hurt by Malia's rejection. I think he was embarrassed and decided to play the dejected, spurned lover to save face.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

I'm not only on the Adam hate train, I bought an extra seat to hold all of my ill will toward him. I'm not saying his odiousness makes it ok for Malia to behave as she did, but her behavior doesn't excuse his. We don't know who cooked up the "let's hide our prior relationship" idea, but Adam agreed to it. He was happy to deceive when it suited his purpose, but came all over the victim when he was cleverly "led on" by someone who was 26 going on 16. Relationships end all the time because one person finds someone she or he likes better. It sucks, but an adult sucks it up and at least attempts to show some class. Adam kissed and told, not to protect Wes, but to try to hurt Wes and, by extension, Malia.

Another thing adults do is practice a little caution if they find themselves loving someone they've known for only four days. If Adam had taken some time to actually get to know Malia, he might have spotted the fact that she wasn't all that into him. Adam said he's had some bad breakups. I have to wonder if the women involved even knew they were in the relationship.

I agree with LucyHoneychrrch. I don't think Adam was all that hurt by Malia's rejection. I think he was embarrassed and decided to play the dejected, spurned lover to save face.

This!!!

• Love 1
On 8/10/2017 at 7:10 PM, Cupcake04 said:

It explains his fixation on Malia and makes it a little less creepy.  

They probably really did have a relationship that was physical and he thought they were in love when they got onboard but they'd just have to hide it from everyone.  While he's playing along with their idea to hide it from everyone she's decided she's single and is trying to figure out which one is worthy of her.  And she goes back and forth and back and forth.  

And he was right to warn Wes.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

It explains his fixation on Malia and makes it a little less creepy.  

They probably really did have a relationship that was physical and he thought they were in love when they got onboard but they'd just have to hide it from everyone.  While he's playing along with their idea to hide it from everyone she's decided she's single and is trying to figure out which one is worthy of her.  And she goes back and forth and back and forth.  

And he was right to warn Wes.

Anyone talking love that early, I'm running for the freakin' hills! Adam showed himself to be a truly disturbed individual who didn't seem to care how psychotic he came off on camera for the whole world to see! Anyone else would have at least tried to hide their psychosis! ;-)

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

Anyone talking love that early, I'm running for the freakin' hills! Adam showed himself to be a truly disturbed individual who didn't seem to care how psychotic he came off on camera for the whole world to see! Anyone else would have at least tried to hide their psychosis! ;-)

That's true.  But with Malia, it wouldn't surprise me if she had him thinking they were in love?  And do we know how long they dated?  Sounds like it wasn't just a weekend fling.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

Don't we just have her word that Adam said he loved her so soon? I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. She seems to think that any man who comes within ten feet of her will fall in love with her. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Don't we just have her word that Adam said he loved her so soon? I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. She seems to think that any man who comes within ten feet of her will fall in love with her. 

Well he's acting like it isn't he? If he wasn't in love, then my diagnosis may be closer than I thought! ;-)

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 1
On 8/8/2017 at 11:58 PM, biakbiak said:

I hope Bobby checked with Captain Sandy before he went out and it was just edited out because if not that is messed up. Also, Jerry is a fucking asshat.

I'm watching this show for the first time.

I just don't get Jerry.  He pays for all the women, gives a very generous tip.  He's upset that one of the crew members and one of the female guests (is that what they are?) liked each other?  Well the crew shouldn't be messing around with the guests but whatever.  But why would he want to take part in a TV show?  Maybe he wasn't really paying but Bravo gave him a free cruise to play the cuckold or whatever he's suppose to be.

Some of the female crew seemed envious that they were working and not being arm candy for that pathetic rich guy -- complaining about the women being completely fake.

12 hours ago, scrb said:

I'm watching this show for the first time.

I just don't get Jerry.  He pays for all the women, gives a very generous tip.  He's upset that one of the crew members and one of the female guests (is that what they are?) liked each other?  Well the crew shouldn't be messing around with the guests but whatever.  But why would he want to take part in a TV show?  Maybe he wasn't really paying but Bravo gave him a free cruise to play the cuckold or whatever he's suppose to be.

Some of the female crew seemed envious that they were working and not being arm candy for that pathetic rich guy -- complaining about the women being completely fake.

I don't think any of the female crew were remotely jealous of the yacht girls. I think they thought it was sad and pathetic on both sides. The women in the crew like nice things and like to travel, but none of them would want to be shackled to Jerry to experience those things.

Bravo gives the guests a discount, but they aren't comping the entire charter. Jerry looked like a fool because he is a fool. He also happened to pick traveling companions who were attractive, but openly contemptuous of him. Last season, he had Bobby and Danny russle up some girls. Lala Kent from Vanderpump Rules used to do some of this party girl stuff.

• Love 5

Those Party Girls were just sad. If your entire worth is a plastic filled body so you can wiggle your bare behind at some guy you don't know? There's a name for that. And it's not nice.

Malia is a bitch, and there's a name for girls like her too. And it rhymes with Mutt. Yes I am slut shaming! I call i like I see it.

Bugs really DID bug. Bitch, bitch, bitch. I was in the restaurant business most of my life. Not a yachtee at all. BUT people bitch constantly about their bosses. Until THEY get the job! Oh look they're NOT sitting in the office chatting with friends on the phone! There doing paperwork, figuring hours, doing payroll, calling vendors, taking inventory, making schedules, etc., etc. ,etc. It's pretty eye opening to really BE the boss and not for 6 weeks on a cruise but all day, every day. If I worked 60 hours a week it was a light week! 80 was the norm! So shut it Bugs!

I liked Hannah. (Shrugs) I think 99% of what we saw was editing. She was sleeping while they complained she never worked! What they don't tell you it is her sleeping 3 days ago while she was on break! Watch the live feeds of Big Brother. What happens and what you see on TV are often, completely different. Really eye opening! 

In closing- I HATE and ABHOR salad! Can. Not. Stand. It. If I said No salad and I got 3 salads for dinner I'd be calling for pizza! 

• Love 2

For all of season 2, I've wondered where on earth they've been stashing some the charter guests because they only ever film the master and the two double cabins. It turns out that Sirocco has 1 Master, 1 VIP cabin, 2 Double, and 2 Twin rooms. We know that they usually lose one room for production. I'm much happier knowing that one of the girls didn't have to share a bed with Jerry if they didn't want to.

It also normally costs $200,000 a week to rent Sirocco. I recall a guest saying that Bravo covers half the cost to charter the ship, which still makes it an expensive trip.

https://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/luxury-charter-yacht-23274/sirocco.htm

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 1