Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm trying to figure out if Abby is sincere or one of the better actresses we've had in the franchise.

i don't like Jesse. He's too smooth. But hey he bought extra toilet paper which is the way to every woman's heart.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Hero said:

Paul saying "boat dock" in an accent over and over again to the taxi driver ? I'm pretty sure the guy doesn't understand what you are saying. 

He knew he was going to have to take a taxi to the boat dock. Would it have been too much trouble to look up the Portuguese words for boat dock before he came so he could tell the taxi driver where to go? God he is annoying. 

• Love 21
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

He knew he was going to have to take a taxi to the boat dock. Would it have been too much trouble to look up the Portuguese words for boat dock before he came so he could tell the taxi driver where to go? God he is annoying. 

This is the same guy who couldn't learn any Portuguese in the months he's been talking to this girl.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I am not sure I can watch another episode.  

Gross, these two guys.  Literally making me sick.

They're all a chore to watch. Darcy looks like she's been rode hard and put up wet. Sean is a pervy dirty old man. Paul is just a freak, afraid of his own shadow.

• Love 10

Why was Sean wearing a sweater in Haiti ? I think Abby is holding out for the best offer. 

So Paul has never been outside the US , and he chooses the Amazon for his first trip. Not smart. I'm guessing Paul's secret is much like Jorge's . 

Darcy I get. She wants a hot guy to bang. She isn't going to find that in Connecticut. But Sean and Paul? They say they just want nice women. Sean likes brown women? Are there non in Ohio? I lived in Cleveland and I don't see a problem. And Paul? Yeah I get hes a dork, but there are female version of Paul in Kentucky. Why travel halfway across the world. 

• Love 14

The sniffing dogs were hilarious! I can laugh because every Disney cruise I've been on, I have received the dog stickers on my luggage letting me know that the dogs were all over them.  Really, how many grey haired,  overweight, mothers of teenagers are smuggling drugs onto a Disney cruise?

I assume they're sniffing the sweetest little kitty rubbings in the world. 

• Love 1

Anybody else think Paul might be mentally challenged? He just seems so awkward and afraid of everything. If you're a germaphobe the Amazon is not a place to go to. 

Abby needs to get the two old farts names straight. In her TH she said Chris' name instead of Sean's. 

Darcey needs to knock off the Botox, she looks older than 42. If Jesse if such a gift to women why did he have to go online and choose a cougar? Somethings off with this guy. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

If Jesse if such a gift to women why did he have to go online and choose a cougar? Somethings off with this guy. 

Because he wanted something more substantial like those fake pictures of an attractive person Darcy sent.  I want to know what Jesse really thought.  First I thought Darcy was being catfished now I'm not so sure.

Sean walking up to Abby, and I'm being completely honest with my response out loud with my dogs staring at me "eww eww...eww eww eww."  She's a baby. I'm sure probably more mature than both Chris and Sean but still.

• Love 8

Sounds like Jesse has a pheromone fetish. So far he seemed to like what he could sniff, but he's sniffing the been on a plane for several hours person.  Of course, most people like their prospective mate or partner to smell nice, but is he looking for a particular scent? I found that odd. A long way to ask someone to come to meet you just so you can have a sniffand it be the wrong pheromone. But then Napoleons would tell Josephine not to bathe because he'd be home in 3 weeks. Takes all kinds to make a world. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, spankydoll said:

Darcy. Its an escalator not an elevator. The stiletto heels are engineered for very thin women. Your body type on that small heel is going to punch holes in a carpet. Jesse has lovely manners. 

Actually I think Darcy just doesn't know how to walk in heels and the escalator was a bit of bad luck. Body weight or shape doesn't matter - anyone who wants to can wear stilettos. But it's vitally important to keep your weight on the balls of your feet. This is true when wearing any heels but especially stilettos because that little twig of a heel isn't meant as a load bearing beam. Any pressure on it and it will wobble no matter who is wearing it. 

Then you have to keep your shoulders back to offset walking on the balls of your feet so you're not lurching forward. Tuck the tailbone, tilt the pelvis. It takes practice. 

I was really hoping those were fake Louboutins that got mangled by the escalator, but perhaps not...

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, kacesq said:

I'm trying to figure out if Abby is sincere or one of the better actresses we've had in the franchise.

i don't like Jesse. He's too smooth. But hey he bought extra toilet paper which is the way to every woman's heart.

What's Jesse's story?  Does we want a green card?  Why does he want to immigrate to the U.S.? Why Darsy?  She's old, fake, broke.  Is Jesse looking for tv exposure?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Boa noite! (Portugeuse for good night) Now we all know more than Paul.

Dude.  Love, Actually taught me that!  

WHY can't people do some Googling before they travel?  Am I insane?  Planning out my vacations, especially if I'm travelling aboard.  Learning key phrases and customs, so I can be a good traveler.  Clearly, I've been wasting my time.  

Jesse walking through the accommodations he has made to this apartment for Cougar Chick were hilarious (re: toilet paper "I don't know how much she uses"), weird ("they didn't smell right...the pheromones" and 90 bottles of cologne), and sort of endearing.  

Paul and all of his luggage was fairly hysterical with the airport comedy and the drug dogs.  Seriously, though.  What the HELL is worth a 2 hours boat trip up the Amazon and being in a country where you have no idea how to communicate?

I'm a firm believer in letting other people live their lives without judgement.  2 consenting adults means that it isn't any of my business.  I say all of that to say...Sean and Abby totally and completed grossed me out.  It's so skeevy.  Something feels very wrong.  It isn't even the age thing b/c I like my guys older too (starting when I was 5 and fell in love with Ralph Tresvant and at 6, I had a serious thing for Jordan Knight...heh).  Sean creeps me out.

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Abbey....girl....I know you wanna get to America and I am not saying give up that dream, but this dude is creepy as fuck. Just watching him kiss her in the cab was enough to make me shiver and cringe. I don't know, maybe she IS attracted to him and DOES want to be with him, there's a lid for every pot and no accounting for taste but....no matter how good an actress she is when she's with him, I just don't buy it.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, rideashire said:

Abbey....girl....I know you wanna get to America and I am not saying give up that dream, but this dude is creepy as fuck. Just watching him kiss her in the cab was enough to make me shiver and cringe. I don't know, maybe she IS attracted to him and DOES want to be with him, there's a lid for every pot and no accounting for taste but....no matter how good an actress she is when she's with him, I just don't buy it.

Abbey is a beautiful girl, smart, articulate.  I understand that she wants to leave Haiti asap.  But can't she find a better American guy online?  Or are Sean and Chris the best the online scene has to offer to poor Haitian girls?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Paul is a weirdo but so is his mommy, so he comes by it honestly.

Idk why my heart goes out to him ?I'm really rooting for him and hope he finds happiness. Also, His mother does seem a little unique, but I find people like that interesting to watch. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, DeeReynolds said:

I had a mental image of Paul and his 27 pieces of luggage weighing down a speedboat with a native guide traveling up the Amazon. I had no idea they had big ferries to travel on. You learn something new every day!

He's headed to Tonantins, Amazonas.

• Love 1

YOU GET A LIKE, AND YOU GET A LIKE AND EVERYONE GETS A LIKE!

OMG!  You guys are killing me tonight.  @CofCinci (slow clap) awesome with the Chris Hansen post.

55 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

What's Jesse's story?  Does we want a green card?  Why does he want to immigrate to the U.S.? Why Darsy?  She's old, fake, broke.  Is Jesse looking for tv exposure?

I don't know.  The Netherlands is known for their quality of life, liberal attitudes and many other qualities.  Loved when Darcy was going on and on about her near-death experience and he just shut that shit down.

Oh Sean, you are so getting played.  When she wiped the sweat of your brow and then said something of how she wants you to get sweaty that night....(sorry gotta puke)

3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

So Paul has never been outside the US , and he chooses the Amazon for his first trip. Not smart.

I mean seriously?  No Canada?  

52 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

I don't know about Kentucky, but there is a female version of Paul in Sandusky, Ohio.  

Are we talking about Danielle?

• Love 14

I won't even agree to go to Mexico with my husband because the thought of being in a country where I can't speak the language makes me nervous. The only impressive thing about Paul is just how far he will go to get laid.

I loved the looks of disgust on people's faces when Sean & Abby were kissing in the airport. 

I can't tell yet if Jesse's feelings for Darcy are legit. Does he even want to move to america? He's different then the other 2 His day to day life is very much like ours in america,No sad story of "struggling" He has a job,friends, lives in a clean house.  What does coming to America change for him?  Doesn't seem like a user to me,yet so we will see.

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Hero said:

"My $1000 shoes are ruined!" "Alright, ok. Cool." 

I've traveled all over Planet Earth.  I thank God every single day for the simple pair of black Skechers I wear while doing so.  I bought them over a decade ago and they just keep on going, going, going.

ETA: I would move to Holland in a heartbeat.

Edited by bethster2000
thought of something else!
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, kacesq said:

e very distracting. I have no sympathy for her getting her heel caught in the escalator. She dressed very impractically for a flight.

Darcy wore sneakers on the flight, you can see them when she is on the first people mover aftee she gets off the plane when she talks about freshening up.

• Love 5

I'm still a little disturbed by that hair in a Kleenex scene from the previous episode? there is nothing that makes my skin crawl more than a loose hair, much less a wad pulled from a comb... Oh ick! ? 

why would she even think to do that?? If anything you would think she would want a wad of his considering the chance of something happening to him or him not coming back would be greater, and THEN she would have something to remember him by. Even then to pull a wad from their hair brush or comb would not be the first thing that came to mind.... Maybe after they went missing or Parished- Lord forbid, but not before! 

Edited by MFLEM2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I'm fairly fluent in French, and damned if I could understand a word Mother Abby was saying.  

Google tells me Haitian French is quite similar to Parisian French, but that's like nothing I ever heard in France.  

• Love 1
On 8/10/2017 at 0:46 PM, SoshulMeedya said:

Do people date internationally because they hope to find someone who will depend upon them to move to the US, thus guaranteeing a measure of relationship security? This show really has me wondering about the people who purposely choose international dating sites rather than domestic ones. (I'm not talking about the couples who first met abroad during vacation or schooling.)

I'm so curious why people choose this avenue, knowing how difficult and expensive it will be. For the guys who want a submissive, non feminist wife, like someone else said, marry a Duggar or similar fundie, or a Filipina who already lives in the US, for example. My father in law is the sterotypical white guy who wants a submissive Asian wife, and he met his current wife, who is from the Phillipines, on a popular domestic dating site and she lived in his area. 

At one point, I'd considered going for a Russian or Ukrainian woman. I wanted a woman with the accent and a reason to learn Russian. After doing some research, I quickly realized it wasn't actually dating in the sense that we use the word; it was really more like buying a wife because the women prefer older, wealthier men. Even if I'd had wealth, I wouldn't have been willing to use it to buy a Russian or Ukrainian wife.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I feel like a voyeur watching Sean moving closer and closer to Abby and repeatedly kissing her. He's so skeevy.

Yeah, and it's not that he's 46.  There are plenty of 46 year old guys I could see Abby or another 20 year old being into, for example...

740full-ewan-mcgregor.jpg635802553845090089-Taye-Diggs-1.jpg740full-justin-theroux.jpgmatt-damon-lucia-oscar-red-carpet-05.jpg

Sean is decidedly not one of them.  He's so basic and also Creepy Uncle Guy.  Everything he says is wrong.

• Love 15
38 minutes ago, Quof said:

I'm fairly fluent in French, and damned if I could understand a word Mother Abby was saying.  

Google tells me Haitian French is quite similar to Parisian French, but that's like nothing I ever heard in France.  

There is a large Haitian community in my town, so much so that all the school documents are translated into both Spanish and Creole.  Creole is very different than French.

• Love 7