Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: Week 10: The Final Rose / S13.E12: After the Final Rose

• Start Topic

That hour of Peter and the breakup ruined the momentum of the proposal. 

Exactly. Like, by the time we got back to the ending and Bryan and Rachel sweet talking each other and Bryan proposing, who cared?  And who wasn't a little bit cynical?

• Love 22

I've gradually been watching less and less. Missed the last two weeks completely and didn't feel like watching them after reading the comments here. Rachel started out as a good b-ette, but her insistence on a proposal coming out of this show is ridiculous to me.  Would she have the same expectation after a few nights and a sleepover IRL? I hope not.

Maybe she hasn't seen much of the franchise. There've been seasons where the winner just got a one-way plane ticket to "come and visit".  You're not a failure if you don't get a proposal. It just depends how you deal with it.

I can tell I will be completely turned off if I watch, so..thanks all. Here on PST, I don't have to.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Kendra143 said:

Good luck with that mother-in-law Rachel. Now that's an idea for a spin off: "Bryan, Rachel and Mom- after the Bachelorette" lol

Ugh, I forgot about his mother.  There's no way this lasts.

• Love 9

For a few weeks I've been kind of feeling like Rachel has been acting like a jilted lover when it comes to Peter.  But then I thought I was projecting because I was rooting for them in the beginning. 

But yeah, now...

I am not a regular Bachelor/Bachelorette watcher but I got turned onto this season because I liked her in her earlier interviews.  I still like her in general but I don't think I'll be able to watch her interviews proclaiming her love because I'll just be full of too much cringe.

• Love 7

It's amazing that after thinking he was the hottest thing ever in the first episode, Peter became unattractive to me with his talking in circles and that spiteful "mediocre life" comment. Bryan, meanwhile, was way too forward for my taste in the beginning but really grew on me with his good humor and his love for Rachel. I think they make a really cute couple and I know people will be bitching on social media, but I hope they work out. 

• Love 17

Man that was some top level anger Rachel was spewing. She totally wanted Peter. He seemed upset. But I still think he just wanted to be the next top,dog. 

But I still want Peter as the bachelor cuz he brings the pretty. Lol

• Love 10
1 minute ago, nutty1 said:

If she is so happy with Bryan, why stomp on Peter so badly. I felt like she was saying "I cannot have him, so I do not want 25 other women vying for him!" 

I hope Peter is the next Bachelor and has the most wonderful proposal ever! And that Rachel is forced to watch it....10 times over!

She hardly stomped on him. He was much worse with his mediocre life and sacrifice comments.

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, In2You said:

That hour of Peter and the breakup ruined the momentum of the proposal. And Peter is a douchebag.

Basically. The TBC from last week also didn't help since they had to cram so much into the episode, including Eric's elimination. So I felt like they just fast forwarded through Bryan's Fantasy Date and Last Chance Date, so they could focus all the time on the longest breakup in franchise history. As for Peter, seriously, I was getting Jake vibes during that breakup scene with the way he said some things to Rachel and his tone. Btw, I absolutely loved Rachel's preemptive shade at Peter when he inevitably becomes The Bachelor. The way she kept harping on the show not being for him was almost like calling him out on being fake when you know he's going to accept being The Bachelor.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9

Rachel's itty-bitty silk nightie the morning after with Peter is a bit different from her fleece footie pajamas she had on with Eric. Whelp, it seemed to work its magic, as Peter is suddenly less confused about his feelings! Can't wait to see what type and quantity fabric she'll have on with Bryan!

Bryan is turning the tables and giving Rachel a similar talk as she gave Peter on needing to know where her head and feelings are.

Another silky little number for Bryan! Sorry, Eric. 

Rachel is now decked out in arm armor, ready to severely injure whomever (cough*Eric*cough) she's about to send home with a good-bye hug. Friend-zoned by the arm spikes...in case the footie pajamas weren't enough of a wardrobe cue.

Eric?! Whaaa?!? Who saw this coming? Oh, EVERYONE in Bachelor Nation and bordering countries.

Looking good, Eric! Too bad he didn't have the sexy beard and sharp suit on the show! This man looks like the next Bachelor to me--and is getting the full-on heartbroken but ready for love journey talk up. Rachel practically lets it slip that she's looking forward to seeing him find love...um, at some point in the future, uh, which may or may not be broadcast on ABC.

Sunrise hot air balloon ride and now suddenly it's night. What happened ALL DAY?!?

Rachel and Peter have their Army green and camo on, ready to battle...for their souls in this monastery or something? I don't know. This doesn't seem as romantic as a freakin' sunrise hot-air balloon ride. Instead now Peter has a monk AND Rachel harping on him, pressuring marriage. Oh, now the battle garb makes sense. Football games and farmers' markets?! "I don't know about this marriage business, but go long!!" 

Now they have matching gray sweaters. I'm starting to think Rachel is having her wardrobe person get the scoop on Peter's outfits to "prove" to him how simpatico they are.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a Reverse Mesnick! Rachel gets engaged to Bryan, but Peter shows up to the Live show with a ring and asks for a second chance because he regrets not proposing. 

Just what every woman wants to hear: "I'll sacrifice and get engaged to you." Oh, damn, I was typing this and missed it. Did they just break up?! Harrison confirms a break up. Yikes, would hate to be Bryan if he gets engaged simply because Peter wouldn't give a ring now without duress. "I cried my eyelashes off." Lol!

Oh, shit! That was it?! Peter doesn't even go to the final rose ceremony?!? Daaaaaaamn! The Most Dramatic Finale in Bachelorette History--and Harrison didn't even tell us it was going to be!!! Come on, Harrison! Jeesh!

Rachel is now telegraphing that Peter is most definitely not the Bachelor. "This show and this journey and this process is not for you." The cameraman shows us audience members nodding in agreement to prevent the Peter for Bachelor backlash.

Rachel gives Peter a dismissive, "I'm living my best life!" Well, damn, it's not Peter's fault that the show sure as hell making it look like you only got engaged to Bryan because he's the only one to show up for FRC. Speaking of which... Let's move on to that, show. Oh, not yet!

Peter feels attacked and can't talk about it now because he can't say Rachel's setting it up to make me look incapable to be Bachelor because of the timeline. 

No one cleaned up her eyelashes?!? There's no housekeeping? Peter refused to touch them? He looked at them for 2 days, presuming he checked out then. Are they still on the floor? How many people have stomped on these "spiders" since May?

Did Rachel and Bryan get engaged in the middle of a tornado or something?! I kept waiting for a twister to touch down and swoop them away. Is this a cameo shot for the new Sharknado?

Best moment of the Paradise preview? Harrison doing a full-on Baywatch run with a life buoy while wearing a suit.

• Love 14

Too much alcohol in Rachel's room.  If I saw that I would be worried.  It was a brief glimpse on the table/desk but that looked like future trouble.  She probably need that alcohol to deal with Bryan's mother.  Especially after Bryan's mother sees this episode and how Rachel was before with Peter and then the angry Rachel with Peter.  Bryan might be OK with it. I don't think the mother will be.

Totally thought she stomped Peter.  I guess he represented that old boyfriend that wouldn't marry her.  Isn't it funny that Bryan got the sloppy seconds?

Edited by Kira53
Added.
  • Love 13

She picked Bryan from day one. Show us that love story instead of all the drama. 

Peter got tossed under the bus tonight.

I'm over the show after watching from the first season with Alex. It's gotten too scripted, and it's not fun anymore.

• Love 11

Yes, Rachel will be having her fairy tale ending with Bryan ... complete with the wicked stepmother. I mean, mother in law. I hope Peter is not the next Bach after getting beat up on live tv, even worse than Lee got beat up. Man, what a disaster of a season. Maybe I mean to say, what a DOWNER of a season. Rachel just wanted to be engaged, it didn't matter who gave her the ring, just give her a ring and a wedding date. Ugh.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, In2You said:

Peter did not go under the bus. If anything he got the sympathy edit and its working judging by all the caping online I've seen for him.

This. Social media is dragging Rachel as the evil monster and poor, poor St. Peter who was just honest and genuine the whole time. Oh and of course she settled for loser Bryan because he is going to propose. Rachel could have said all her, "maybe this isn't for you" but we all know Peter's going to be the next Bachelor. There was no bus on Peter tonight. No, the halo will vanish when he's in the driver's seat like every other lead. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Yes, Rachel will be having her fairy tale ending with Bryan ... complete with the wicked stepmother. I mean, mother in law. I hope Peter is not the next Bach after getting beat up on live tv, even worse than Lee got beat up. Man, what a disaster of a season. Maybe I mean to say, what a DOWNER of a season. Rachel just wanted to be engaged, it didn't matter who gave her the ring, just give her a ring and a wedding date. Ugh.

Agree.  This was the first season that I didn't bother to even finish watching the MTA, fast-forwarded through as much of this finale as I could, and could barely half-pay-attention once my DVR caught up to realtime.  I guess Rachel will be able to stretch her 15 minutes given that she was the first African American lead on this franchise.  But in terms of how the season played out, I think I'll find her to have been one of the least memorable.  

• Love 6

Well, this episode was the first time I actually thought that Peter had feelings for her. So that's something.

Rachel's OTT 'We're so happy! And in love! Did I mention happy?' made me feel like she's over-compensating. If she was really over Peter, she wouldn't have been so hostile and defensive towards him onstage. That being said, I do think his ultimate reason for being on the show was to be the Bachelor so I understand her frustration. She shouldn't have been making so many digs at him onstage, though. Wait until you're backstage to call him out on his audition. It just makes her look bitter and petty.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Okay so the entiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire show I thought that it was going to be a twist ending.  Rachel was so over the top and dramatic that I was like, haha , ok VERY FUNNY Bachelorette, this is all a joke so they can twist-ending us and admit that Rachel and Peter are engaged.

You know what would've been fucking awesome, now that you mention it?  Especially the way the episode began?

If it turned out that Rachel was engaged . . . to Juan Pablo!

That's about the only thing that could've salvaged this season.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Okay so the entiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire show I thought that it was going to be a twist ending.  Rachel was so over the top and dramatic that I was like, haha , ok VERY FUNNY Bachelorette, this is all a joke so they can twist-ending us and admit that Rachel and Peter are engaged.  When it went forward and I found out that Peter actually dumped her and they broke up, I was so even more confused than I had been before.  Rachel was being serious?  She was that angry, and bitter, and her ridiculous acting was actually the truth?  Or was it some kind of staged theatre to prop Peter up as the next Bachelor?

Whatever the hell that finale was, it turned my stomach until I honestly thought I was going to be physically sick.  And Rachel, with Bryan, was acting so different than how she had acted all season, so I thought she was coming off very fake.  And fake smug.

Wow.  It was honestly a season I enjoyed, but an ending that really made me want to be sick.  My fault for eating a meal alongside the show but that's not usually an issue for me.

Eric with the beard was super hot.

Agreed!  I did not find him all that attractive during the season but the beard really suits him!  He looks very attractive with one.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, In2You said:

Peter did not go under the bus. If anything he got the sympathy edit and its working judging by all the caping online I've seen for him.

Yep. Mission accomplished. I guess we'll see him on our screens again in 2018 and I for one will drag him to hell and back again!

• Love 5

I loved every minute of it. I think it was Bryan all along . Peter, well, I liked him, but talk about wishy washy. I didnt mind seeing why he's a commitment phobe( jmho) but it was way too long, CH asks stupid questions..

Im not sure why Peter was on the show, is he the next bachelor, "? I guess  nobody knows if he is or isn't, then he's done a 180 hasn't he? Oh well, the kids look very happy..I hope it stays that way..grinning from ear to ear for them.Congrats to Bryan and Rach, Id love to go back to wine country *VBG*

2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

giphy.gif

I agree, I need a shower!!

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Agree.  This was the first season that I didn't bother to even finish watching the MTA, fast-forwarded through as much of this finale as I could, and could barely half-pay-attention once my DVR caught up to realtime.  I guess Rachel will be able to stretch her 15 minutes given that she was the first African American lead on this franchise.  But in terms of how the season played out, I think I'll find her to have been one of the least memorable.  

Same.  MTA was so boring I got through ten minutes.  

After Peter was done, I stopped watching.  I am over it. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, GracieK said:

Agreed!  I did not find him all that attractive during the season but the beard really suits him!  He looks very attractive with one.

Very hot, its like he grew up on this very show. he and Bryan are very good friends and he never could see Peter with Rachel..

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, nicolin said:

Not only was she bitchy about living her best life but she said that right after he apologized TWICE for saying she'd have a mediocre life. So defensive. 

And I am in total agreement with you.

Before that statement from her, I very much liked her.  That was a bitchy, awful thing to say to her, especially given that his statement (which wasn't much better) was made in the heat of the moment and he sincerely apologized at least twice for it.

She gets what she deserves now.  When the inevitable break up with Bryan takes place, and the history with this show says it is fairly inevitable, that remark and the snippy way in which she delivered it will always be with me.  I will not do the so-sorry I generally do with these break-ups.

Peter is the only level-headed one in the group for not wanting to rush into something that is a life long commitment after only eight weeks and knowing she slept with at least two other men within the week of proposal.  Think about it.

• Love 22

I didn't watch the whole season so I'm not sure what Rachel was like, but she didn't seem angry to be. She seemed kind of perky and peppy to  me. I'm confused when people say she acted angry. 

This Peter fellow is handsome enough, but he seemed kind of depressed. I'm surprised he'd want to be the next Bachelor because he seemed somewhat melancholy about the process.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, scenicbyway said:

Wow, she is totally shutting him down as the next Bachelor pick.  "This show isn't for you."  

I cant tell you how much I enjoyed this. Rachel is petty af, just like me. 

Anyway, I'm happy for her. She's with a man who has more than esoteric, lukewarm plans for some far off future that may or may not happen.

• Love 20

The fact that Peter kept using the phrase "the process" makes me think he's in talks to for the next Bachelor.  I always get this sense that the producers brainwash them into this cult using their own verbiage as cults often do and "the process" (who is actually Joel Embiid, but I digress basketball fans) is one of their signature phrases and I suspect is used heavily in convincing one to take up the role.  If they weren't famewhoring for it already.  

I don't know how I feel about him being the next Bachelor.  He's low energy and definitely indecisive.  I think he's a commitment phobe too.. but I guess that part doesn't really matter as this show doesn't exactly have the best track record for creating actual marriages.

• Love 4
Just now, b2H said:

And I am in total agreement with you.

Before that statement from her, I very much liked her.  That was a bitchy, awful thing to say to her, especially given that his statement (which wasn't much better) was made in the heat of the moment and he sincerely apologized at least twice for it.

She gets what she deserves now.  When the inevitable break up with Bryan takes place, and the history with this show says it is fairly inevitable, that remark and the snippy way in which she delivered it will always be with me.  I will not do the so-sorry I generally do with these break-ups.

Peter is the only level-headed one in the group for not wanting to rush into something that is a life long commitment after only eight weeks and knowing she slept with at least two other men within the week of proposal.  Think about it.

But it could of been 8 years, she wants family, remember he couldn't commit to his ex, who didnt even meet his family..odd guy.

1 minute ago, bantering said:

I didn't watch the whole season so I'm not sure what Rachel was like, but she didn't seem angry to be. She seemed kind of perky and peppy to  me. I'm confused when people say she acted angry. 

This Peter fellow is handsome enough, but he seemed kind of depressed.

Thankyou! she's giddy! Peter isnt right for her, too depressing is right! 

1 minute ago, GracieK said:

The fact that Peter kept using the phrase "the process" makes me think he's in talks to for the next Bachelor.  I always get this sense that the producers brainwash them into this cult using their own verbiage as cults often do and "the process" (who is actually Joel Embiid, but I digress basketball fans) is one of their signature phrases and I suspect is used heavily in convincing one to take up the role.  If they weren't famewhoring for it already.  

I don't know how I feel about him being the next Bachelor.  He's low energy and definitely indecisive.  I think he's a commitment phobe too.. but I guess that part doesn't really matter as this show doesn't exactly have the best track record for creating actual marriages.

Peter puts me to sleep.LOL

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

This. Social media is dragging Rachel as the evil monster and poor, poor St. Peter who was just honest and genuine the whole time. Oh and of course she settled for loser Bryan because he is going to propose. Rachel could have said all her, "maybe this isn't for you" but we all know Peter's going to be the next Bachelor. There was no bus on Peter's tonight. No, the halo will vanish when he's in the driver's seat like every other lead. 

I couldn't agree more. I personally can't wait until the bloom is off the rose for this guy. I don't know what he did but be above average in looks but the way people act like he's absolutely perfect is beyond ridiculous. It'll be fun to watch him fall off the pedestal. I just wonder how he'll be able to bring himself to get down on one knee in such a short amount of time as The Bachelor.

That being said, Rachel came across as very forced with Bryan tonight and did herself no favours in all of this. She really made it seem like the ring was more important than the man. I think she really resents the hell out of Peter and whether that resentment is legitimate or not I think she played the entire night all wrong. Even if she is deeply in love with Bryan it's going to take a lot of time for the public to believe in it if they ever do.

• Love 8

Lol at Rachel demanding she get a ring and then deciding to take it slow. Because taking it slow before a proposal is "wrong."

I don't wish Rachel ill and hope she can find some happiness, especially knowing side eyes will follow her for a very long time. 

• Love 10

Hated the Peter drama that went on and on and on when she had decided on Bryan practically from the beginning.  It was always his to lose, and he seems to know what he's doing when he's romancing a girl so he wasn't going to blow it.  Somehow, I don't think it will last.

Is there a huge diamond ring if there is no proposal?  That would be a bummer.

• Love 4