Type keyword(s) to search

Peggy Sulahian: Brussels Sprouts Good

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, jaync said:

Boring and bigoted...nice. I bet she and her hubby have no qualms selling those high-priced rims to the gays, though.

Her brother and his bf look familiar.

Peggy, you ignorant slut !

Sorry, but in the pic the kid looks like Eddie Munster.   

I think I know (without googling) where I have seen her brother and boyfriend.   Pretty sure they were featured on Flipping Out as clients of Jeff Lewis.

The boyfriend was a huge pain in the ass.

• Love 2

Her brother was Anna Nicole Smith's designer. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=pol'+atteu+anna+nicole+smith&view=detail&mid=5B805C7E6710075A077F5B805C7E6710075A077F&FORM=VIRE

He and his partner Patrik  Simpson wrote a book about her.

Amazing her brother does not have the fake accent Peggy does.

Another video:  https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=pol'+atteu+anna+nicole+smith&&view=detail&mid=FA953A4491E98A4132B8FA953A4491E98A4132B8&rvsmid=5B805C7E6710075A077F5B805C7E6710075A077F&fsscr=0&FORM=VDQVAP

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

I've tried, but I just really can't like Peggy.  She's been in the US since she was one, and has a thick accent.  She also has the charming Teresa G. cutesy inability to understand English words and sayings.

And speaking of Teresa, Peggy is so like her, IMO.  The fixation on her roots and culture.  The self-sacrificing martyr, perfect wife and mother.  The utterly shallow and vapid obsession with material things.  Bragging on their wealth.  And the TH look seems copied straight from Teresa.  But Teresa at least showed signs of life in her THs.  Peggy is sitting on a throne, deigning to speak of people and events she feels vastly superior to.

And now that I know she's a homophobe, I'm done with her.  She acts like a 1950s housewife.

• Love 10

So because one gossip rag says she doesn't accept her brother because he's gay that's accepted as truth? Even though it's also stated that her parents accepted the brother as gay? So the homophobia skipped a generation and landed on Peggy?  Peggy who's really into fashion and who's daughter works in fashion and is going to school in New York for fashion.  Not exactly the business to go into if you're a homophobe or you're family is.  I think it's ridiculous and I don't believe it for a minute.  Someone is trying to smear her and it sounds like the boyfriend.  There's about a million reasons for family members to become estranged, the most likely reasons involving money or family property.

I'm going to give Peggy the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong,  i like that she's strong and takes no shit.  Also the pickings are so slim of hws I can get behind on this season she's looking good to me.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, zulualpha said:

So because one gossip rag says she doesn't accept her brother because he's gay that's accepted as truth? Even though it's also stated that her parents accepted the brother as gay? So the homophobia skipped a generation and landed on Peggy?  Peggy who's really into fashion and who's daughter works in fashion and is going to school in New York for fashion.  Not exactly the business to go into if you're a homophobe or you're family is.  I think it's ridiculous and I don't believe it for a minute.  Someone is trying to smear her and it sounds like the boyfriend.  There's about a million reasons for family members to become estranged, the most likely reasons involving money or family property.

I'm going to give Peggy the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong,  i like that she's strong and takes no shit.  Also the pickings are so slim of hws I can get behind on this season she's looking good to me.

The article I read quoted her brother, not his BF, and it also stated their parents didn't accept him being gay. 

• Love 2

The homophobia thing is not a good look for sure, though I do question the motives of Mauricio's mother for being so vocal about all of this. Isn't she a psychologist? It's slightly strange, publicly reactive behavior for a mental health professional.

As far as what we have seen ON THE SHOW thus far, I don't mind Peggy and what she brings to it. However, I do find it strange that they would cast a woman who really doesn't seem to speak English very well. I love seeing other cultures depicted on HoWives, but Peggy's language seems to be a barrier in really forming bonds with the other women. It's strange.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

The homophobia thing is not a good look for sure, though I do question the motives of Mauricio's mother for being so vocal about all of this. Isn't she a psychologist? It's slightly strange, publicly reactive behavior for a mental health professional.

As far as what we have seen ON THE SHOW thus far, I don't mind Peggy and what she brings to it. However, I do find it strange that they would cast a woman who really doesn't seem to speak English very well. I love seeing other cultures depicted on HoWives, but Peggy's language seems to be a barrier in really forming bonds with the other women. It's strange.

IMO, she is faking the accent and the "language barrier, she was a year old when she/they came to this country and she went to school here as well. Also, add in that her brother has no accent and I call BS on Peggy, it's all an act! LOL

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

The article I read quoted her brother, not his BF, and it also stated their parents didn't accept him being gay. 

This is from the Inquisitr article linked above. "The source said that the saddest part was that Sulahian’s parents actually “accepted their son as being gay.”  That's where I got that from. I have no idea what's true at this point.  As far as what Estella Sneider posted on her FB she doesn't actually give any concrete examples or quotes from Peggy or Diko substantiating they are homophobes.  She flings it out there based on the fact that Peggy's and her brother are estranged and apparently the boyfriend was not  welcome at the memorial service for Dad.  Then according to ROL,  LVP has weighed in against Peggy.  I guess she believes the stories, if you believe ROL which I don't without  other verification. I'm wait and see at this point.

• Love 2

I don't like Peggy, but I have no evidence she's a homophobe.  I just think she's boring and lame.  Also her food which was made with so much love and Armenianiness looks like fried ass to me.  

She has no story.  She's as dry as her hair.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, zulualpha said:

This is from the Inquisitr article linked above. "The source said that the saddest part was that Sulahian’s parents actually “accepted their son as being gay.”  That's where I got that from. I have no idea what's true at this point.  As far as what Estella Sneider posted on her FB she doesn't actually give any concrete examples or quotes from Peggy or Diko substantiating they are homophobes.  She flings it out there based on the fact that Peggy's and her brother are estranged and apparently the boyfriend was not  welcome at the memorial service for Dad.  Then according to ROL,  LVP has weighed in against Peggy.  I guess she believes the stories, if you believe ROL which I don't without  other verification. I'm wait and see at this point.

Who knows what the truth is about their relationship, it will come out whether they want it to or not now that she is on the show. That said, IMO, Peggy is as fake as the day is long. Her accent is fake, her brother doesn't have one, she has been in this country since she was 1 year old and she went to school here as well. I swear, she watched the NJ HWs and decided to reinvent herself as an immigrant Teresa Felon Guidice! LOL

• Love 4

Would somebody tell Peggy that very few people give a shit about Armenia?  Everybody in the U.S. came from somewhere else.  Armenian Men, Armenian Women, Armenian cooking, blah blah blah.  If you're so fucking enthralled, pack up and move there along with your fake accent.

• Love 4

On a lighter note I love the title of this thread.

All my mind pictures is Peggy sitting in the booth at the restaurant oblivious to the back and forth of the "tennis match" then spearing a sprout on her fork and declaring like Frankenstein's bride "Brussel Sprout GOOD" before popping it into her mouth.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

All my mind pictures is Peggy sitting in the booth at the restaurant oblivious to the back and forth of the "tennis match" then spearing a sprout on her fork and declaring like Frankenstein's bride "Brussel Sprout GOOD" before popping it into her mouth.

Ha, glad you like it. I honestly couldn't think of anything clever or quippy for her, so I settled for the direct approach.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

I think she also interrupted the fighting to comment on the broccoli and as they were fleeing asked if they were getting to-go bags.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Ha, glad you like it. I honestly couldn't think of anything clever or quippy for her, so I settled for the direct approach.

I guess the crass title could be:

Peggy Sulahian: My husband does "rim" jobs.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I like her daughters.  

Her daughters seem sweet but I feel like they are being forced on me, along with the rest of the family, a la Wakiles.  That phone call with Shannon was obviously scheduled, and her family lines up to perform as the peanut gallery.  Then we have to see the girls preparing for the party. Peggy must think they will be the new Gia.   Nothing about this family comes off genuine (on this show), IMO. 

• Love 7
On 8/8/2017 at 7:06 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

If you check her twitter, it will enlighten you on the "nice" psychologist. I was fooled!

• Love 2
On 8/8/2017 at 6:42 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

Would somebody tell Peggy that very few people give a shit about Armenia?  Everybody in the U.S. came from somewhere else.  Armenian Men, Armenian Women, Armenian cooking, blah blah blah.  If you're so fucking enthralled, pack up and move there along with your fake accent.

Not to mention that when she speaks Armenian, then her children know she's serious.  And I don't know -- how about stop arguing with the kid and take down the damn basketball hoop in the hallway if you don't allow playing ball in the house.  Seems like Diko countermands her whenever -- with regard to the son anyway.

And what was with the puss on her when her daughter announced she was accepted at the fashion college?  It was definitely NOT a happy look, and she kept repeating "you got in? you got in?" as if she was having great difficulty comprehending the news.  Perhaps because of Armenian being her first language.

Oh yeah, and don't forget -- the women didn't get her Armenian humor!  Wife beating jokes are SO damn funny with the right crowd.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 8

I got into fashion college.  All you need is to qualify for loans/pay your tuition.  Don't take no G.E.D.  

Of course, I have no reason to believe Peggy's girls aren't smart.  Dicko seems like an operator.

does anyone remember before Slade became a hobo?  He went to schmooze some rich guy.  The rich guy made a point of showing how noveau riche he was by showing of the cubic zirconium studded rims on his wife's car.  I wonder if Dicko makes those god awful things?

• Love 7

I think Shannon and Tamra are more offended by Peggy's manner, than by her disinterest in hearing the backstory.  Peggy literally rolls her eyes and hand waves away any attempt to understand the history.  She tells them their feelings don't matter, overrules them on how they should feel, and worst of all, doesn't give a fuck about anyone but herself.  It's in the past she says, move on - well Peggy, Armenia is in your past, as was your mastectomy, yet it's your complete storyline.  She seriously lacks empathy, as well as any indication of human emotion, and her talking heads are the absolute worst. 

• Love 17
On 8/8/2017 at 6:10 PM, WireWrap said:

IMO, she is faking the accent and the "language barrier, she was a year old when she/they came to this country and she went to school here as well. Also, add in that her brother has no accent and I call BS on Peggy, it's all an act! LOL

Maybe Helena was her favorite clone.

• Love 1

I keep trying to understand what is going on with Peggy's hair. It's completely awful in every scene except one talking head. Always looks dry and really greasy at the same time. At first I thought she couldn't shower after her surgery and spent a lot of time in the bed recuperating but it's two months in and its still looks like shit. It's driving me crazy and I can't concentrate on anything else when she is on the screen.

• Love 3
On 9/21/2017 at 7:57 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Once again, Peggy has a degree in English from UCLA. I'm astounded by how poor her grasp of idioms is. I've included the list of the courses required for an English degree from UCLA. English departments have changed from when Peggy got her degree, but the way that they have changed is including more people of color and female authors and perspectives as well as foreign authors. They've also added more technical and plain English coursework. However, English and American Literature staples that were required reading more than 20 years ago are still required today. She doesn't get idioms or context clues. It's astounding. This is the current coursework for an English degree from UCLA:

Preparatory Coursework

English Composition 3: English Composition, Rhetoric, and Language
This is an introductory course focusing on fundamental writing skills. 

English 4W/4HW/4WS: Critical Reading and Writing
This course introduces students to literary analysis, through close reading and written exposition on selected literary works.

English 10A: Literatures in English to 1700
English 10B: Literatures in English, 1700-1850
English 10C: Literatures in English, 1850-Present
The English 10 Series is a foundation for your study of English Literature at UCLA. This yearlong series is a survey of major writers and genres, with emphasis on tools for literary analysis such as close reading, argumentation, historical and social context, and critical writing.

Foreign Language/Literature in Translation Requirement

The Major: 10 Upper Division Courses

4 Historical (one course in each period) 

Literatures in English before 1500
Literatures in English 1500-1700
Literatures in English 1700-1850
Literatures in English 1850-Present

3 Breadth (one course is required in three of the four areas below)

Gender, Race, Ethnicity, Disability, and Sexuality Studies
Imperial, Transnational, and Postcolonial Studies
Genre Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Critical Theory
Creative Writing (enrollment in any creative writing course is by application only)

2 English Electives: English 100-199

1 Senior English Seminar or English Capstone Seminar

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8

I have often wondered if Peggy's inability to understand even the most basic idioms or context clues, are more of a habit she has developed so she can buy time to converse.  Not that I find her retorts all that snappy but it just seems to be such a pattern with her I have to question her reason for it.

Peggy reminds me of Kelly Bensimon, Columbia graduate, I have to question if it was some sort of extension course she studied under.  She mentioned she got her degree over a period of years.  

• Love 4

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/25/why-this-real-housewives-of-orange-county-star-kept-her-pain-private-in-the-12th-season/

Peggy still doesn't make sense.  I think she has trouble stringing logical sentences together.  Most of the filming was long after her surgery.  I applaud her for being upfront but I do think she might be milking this a bit.  I get it is uncomfortable and at times painful but dial it Pegs.  

Heather didn't even announce she was leaving until the end of January.  Nobleman Magazine Spring Issue release was in the spring-not winter.  Meghan's baby was 4 months old (born on Thanksgiving of 2016), when filming began.  In addition to her inability to understand well founded English phrases she seems a bit challenged when it comes to time.  

The bigger mystery is why if she was going through all this pain and grief did she even agree to film?  Should a group of strangers being making it all about Peggy's loss and elective surgery?  

I can't figure Peggy put and am not surprised she has been drawn to Vicki and Kelly.  

• Love 6

@HunterHunted--it's so funny, I hadn't read your post here until just now (when you mentioned your post)--but before I made the post in this week's episode thread expressing my puzzlement, I also checked the undergrad requirements for an English Lit degree at UCLA just to make sure I wasn't misremembering what would be required. I had seriously considered going there as an English major... but decided against it (and ended up as a History major at a different UC). And I was looking at the school right around the time Peggy probably would have graduated, so we are basically contemporaries and would've had about the same graduation requirements. So thanks for Meghan PI-ing this out with me. ;)

And also, like @zoeysmom, I wondered if she had been part of an extension program or something...

It all makes like zero sense.

Edited by ivygirl
Weird issues with the site
  • Love 3

Just when I thought this woman could not be any more insufferable:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/real-housewives-of-orange-countys-peggy-sulahian-breaks_us_59c95ebee4b0f2df5e83b08d  BTW-Peggy responded in writing-not a true interview.

Who goes on a reality show to garner sympathy for a preventative mastectomy, five weeks after the surgery?  I guess I am not understanding this woman's thought process.  It sounds more like she wanted to shame them into feeling sorry for her.  

What was your main objective with coming on the show and what were your thoughts and hopes going in?

My hopes were to gain friends and support in this time in need. I underwent a massive surgery and started filming 5 weeks after my double mastectomy. At the same time, I was also dealing with my father’s deteriorating health and later, his passing. Prioritizing him was more important than my health. He did not even know about my situation. After his death, I was scheduled for a double mastectomy right after. You will see in the coming weeks but I was surprised by the ladies lack of support of what I was going through. Most of the ladies have not yet shown any concern, but yet have only interrogated me about my health.

From an interview earlier in the week:  “My dad was a healthy man and losing him was so unexpected. I remember I could barely get up from my chair when he passed away; it was hitting me so hard. Even with his funeral, nobody knew I had cancer,” said Sulahian, “I had to pull it off. Nobody knew about it, I barely knew about it; I was in a different world with my dad.” 

(Pick a lane Peggy-was your dad's health deteriorating or was his death unexpected?  This is why these women have a hard time with her.  She makes no sense.)

Can you also set the record straight on turning down Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen? Did you ever previously turn it down? Will we see you on the reunion episodes at the end of the series?

No, scheduling did not permit it earlier (see above regarding Peggy’s recuperation post surgery). I am looking forward to going on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen on Monday, October 2nd. I love Andy and his personality and can’t wait to finally meet him! And of course I will be at the reunion, isn’t it all about the reunion anyway?!!

You were an English major in college, so we get a bit confused when you don’t know certain terms that (your husband) Diko uses. Some fans suggested the two of you are acting to be humorous. Can you tell us what’s actually going on there?

Diko used idioms I am not familiar with. Though I went to school here in the U.S. and graduated UCLA, in our home (growing up), we mostly spoke Armenian. Diko and I primarily speak Armenian in our home to teach the kids the importance of our culture.

I’m unfamiliar with certain idioms, but Diko - being in the business world - is more familiar with slang terms. Now that I watch RHOC, it’s funny and I am pleased to say we were actually being real! After all, it is a reality show, right? We went about our lives as if cameras were NOT around and there you go...As Diko says: “bam,” there you have it...

Some viewers have wondered about the season’s slow start, but Meghan King Edmonds assured me the season really picks up in Iceland. We’ve felt it already start to pick up the last few episodes. What are you most looking forward to seeing up ahead? What do you think viewers will be excited to see?

No doubt the season picks up during Iceland, but before then you can see how the women think they can attack me as a newcomer. They didn’t know what they were getting themselves into. I did warn them that I don’t like to be disrespected! - I guess that’s the motherly instinct that I have in me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

By this time in the filming sequence-we are well into April/May.  Not to be lacking in sensitivity but Peggy is four/five months post surgery and able to travel off to NYC.  She could not travel to NYC for a WWHL spot since July because of the follow up surgery?  Not to be indelicate but Peggy seems to malinger.  http://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/surgery/reconstruction/types/implants/what-to-expect  Here Peggy claims the following:  “When you see me at lunch with Shannon on the show, I wasn’t speaking clear. I don’t even know what I said because prior to that I had been in bed for six weeks… it wasn’t a two hour surgery; it was a seven hour surgery… I was drugged out in the hospital for three days. I was on medication during the whole process of filming, that’s why you hear me stuttering; I was in pain the whole time.”  I am not quite sure what they did for seven hours in surgery or why she spent six weeks in bed or why she was on drugs for six months.  Sounds like she might have developed a pain pill problem. .    

I simply cannot follow Peggy's train of thought.  Maybe she did not realize she (with the exception of Shannon) these women are breast surgery veterans).  The NYC nonsense-didn't she move her daughter to NYC?  If they ask questions they are being nosey, how the hell are they suppose to know what is going on.  I think if you are going to share a surgery and claim to want to raise awareness about breast issues-you either state your case or answer questions openly.  This I was in an altered state for all of filming doesn't fly.  I don't think she is doing women any favors with her case of extended malingering and six months post surgery of essentially qualifying her behavior.  She is gives off a very entitled vibe.

Nice to know while she was zipping around in sports cars she was under the influence of drugs.  Peggy also claimed her kids knew she was mad when she reverted to speaking Armenian-so is the bitch mad most of the time?

My guess is she will be the worst guest ever on WWHL.  

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Just when I thought this woman could not be any more insufferable:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/real-housewives-of-orange-countys-peggy-sulahian-breaks_us_59c95ebee4b0f2df5e83b08d  BTW-Peggy responded in writing-not a true interview.

Who goes on a reality show to garner sympathy for a preventative mastectomy, five weeks after the surgery?  I guess I am not understanding this woman's thought process.  It sounds more like she wanted to shame them into feeling sorry for her.  

What was your main objective with coming on the show and what were your thoughts and hopes going in?

My hopes were to gain friends and support in this time in need. I underwent a massive surgery and started filming 5 weeks after my double mastectomy. At the same time, I was also dealing with my father’s deteriorating health and later, his passing. Prioritizing him was more important than my health. He did not even know about my situation. After his death, I was scheduled for a double mastectomy right after. You will see in the coming weeks but I was surprised by the ladies lack of support of what I was going through. Most of the ladies have not yet shown any concern, but yet have only interrogated me about my health.

Maybe I'm dumb, but I cannot decipher that timeline.  Was she dealing with being post-op and her dad's deteriorating health and later he passed or was her surgery scheduled right after his death?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

From an interview earlier in the week:  “My dad was a healthy man and losing him was so unexpected. I remember I could barely get up from my chair when he passed away; it was hitting me so hard. Even with his funeral, nobody knew I had cancer,” said Sulahian, “I had to pull it off. Nobody knew about it, I barely knew about it; I was in a different world with my dad.” 

(Pick a lane Peggy-was your dad's health deteriorating or was his death unexpected?  This is why these women have a hard time with her.  She makes no sense.)

Can you also set the record straight on turning down Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen? Did you ever previously turn it down? Will we see you on the reunion episodes at the end of the series?

No, scheduling did not permit it earlier (see above regarding Peggy’s recuperation post surgery). I am looking forward to going on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen on Monday, October 2nd. I love Andy and his personality and can’t wait to finally meet him! And of course I will be at the reunion, isn’t it all about the reunion anyway?!!

You were an English major in college, so we get a bit confused when you don’t know certain terms that (your husband) Diko uses. Some fans suggested the two of you are acting to be humorous. Can you tell us what’s actually going on there?

Diko used idioms I am not familiar with. Though I went to school here in the U.S. and graduated UCLA, in our home (growing up), we mostly spoke Armenian. Diko and I primarily speak Armenian in our home to teach the kids the importance of our culture.

I’m unfamiliar with certain idioms, but Diko - being in the business world - is more familiar with slang terms. Now that I watch RHOC, it’s funny and I am pleased to say we were actually being real! After all, it is a reality show, right? We went about our lives as if cameras were NOT around and there you go...As Diko says: “bam,” there you have it...

Some viewers have wondered about the season’s slow start, but Meghan King Edmonds assured me the season really picks up in Iceland. We’ve felt it already start to pick up the last few episodes. What are you most looking forward to seeing up ahead? What do you think viewers will be excited to see?

No doubt the season picks up during Iceland, but before then you can see how the women think they can attack me as a newcomer. They didn’t know what they were getting themselves into. I did warn them that I don’t like to be disrespected! - I guess that’s the motherly instinct that I have in me.

By this time in the filming sequence-we are well into April/May.  Not to be lacking in sensitivity but Peggy is four/five months post surgery and able to travel off to NYC.  She could not travel to NYC for a WWHL spot since July because of the follow up surgery?  Not to be indelicate but Peggy seems to malinger.  http://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/surgery/reconstruction/types/implants/what-to-expect  Here Peggy claims the following:  “When you see me at lunch with Shannon on the show, I wasn’t speaking clear. I don’t even know what I said because prior to that I had been in bed for six weeks… it wasn’t a two hour surgery; it was a seven hour surgery… I was drugged out in the hospital for three days. I was on medication during the whole process of filming, that’s why you hear me stuttering; I was in pain the whole time.”  I am not quite sure what they did for seven hours in surgery or why she spent six weeks in bed or why she was on drugs for six months.  Sounds like she might have developed a pain pill problem. .    

I simply cannot follow Peggy's train of thought.  Maybe she did not realize she (with the exception of Shannon) these women are breast surgery veterans).  The NYC nonsense-didn't she move her daughter to NYC?  If they ask questions they are being nosey, how the hell are they suppose to know what is going on.  I think if you are going to share a surgery and claim to want to raise awareness about breast issues-you either state your case or answer questions openly.  This I was in an altered state for all of filming doesn't fly.  I don't think she is doing women any favors with her case of extended malingering and six months post surgery of essentially qualifying her behavior.  She is gives off a very entitled vibe.

Nice to know while she was zipping around in sports cars she was under the influence of drugs.  Peggy also claimed her kids knew she was mad when she reverted to speaking Armenian-so is the bitch mad most of the time?

Nor only did she fly to NYC with her daughter during filming, she was able to fly to Iceland as well! She really likes to talk out of both sides, which is why she didn't give a face to face interview.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Maybe I'm dumb, but I cannot decipher that timeline.  Was she dealing with being post-op and her dad's deteriorating health and later he passed or was her surgery scheduled right after his death?

I believe her father died in December and was either healthy or well until he died.  Supposedly, she had been diagnosed with cancer or pre-cancerous and chose not to share, and then waited until after the holidays to have her surgery which she claims was massive.  All in all she is not terribly reliable and it may be just me, but unless she is a recluse, I would think she would be exposed to the English language on a regular basis.

Nothing this woman says makes any sense.  

• Love 1
On 9/23/2017 at 5:58 AM, zoeysmom said:

I have often wondered if Peggy's inability to understand even the most basic idioms or context clues, are more of a habit she has developed so she can buy time to converse.  Not that I find her retorts all that snappy but it just seems to be such a pattern with her I have to question her reason for it.

Peggy reminds me of Kelly Bensimon, Columbia graduate, I have to question if it was some sort of extension course she studied under.  She mentioned she got her degree over a period of years.  

Ah yes, like when Bethenny said, "Did you go to Colombia, the country?" 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Wow, just wow.  Who goes on this type of show right after having that type of traumatic surgery?  And what types of friends was she expecting to meet during filming?  She might do better going to a support group or church or another slightly more wholesome source for quality friends.

It bothers me when women (or men, I suppose), always play the, "who cares? Let it go" card.  I have a good friend whose mother is very much the same way.  I mean, I  understand it to a certain extent as I try not to sweat the small stuff in life.  But this is RHOC - what exactly will these women do except make mountains out of hole-mills, especially in this iteration of the show.  Yes, Peggy has suffered major losses and has gone through a traumatic surgery that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.  That stuff certainly puts the other BS into perspective.  However, I always find people who respond to any minor escalation with, "so what? Let it go? Who cares" to be dismissive.  Like, what WILL she actually show any affect over? 

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, misschung said:

But this is RHOC - what exactly will these women do except make mountains out of hole-mills, especially in this iteration of the show.

Hee hole-mills!. The hole-mill bit made me realize that all over the housewives franchises a lot of the women mess up or misuse various idioms or slang, but at least I feel they get the gist of the saying or what they are trying to actually say, but Peggy acts like she is completely clueless about every one of them. She does not even seem to understand the main point of certain sayings even though she is not familiar with them. I would imagine that even if she spoke Armenian at home that she went to school or had friends that spoke English or came across people who used some idioms here and there. I am probably overthinking it all.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, misschung said:

Wow, just wow.  Who goes on this type of show right after having that type of traumatic surgery?  And what types of friends was she expecting to meet during filming?  She might do better going to a support group or church or another slightly more wholesome source for quality friends.

It bothers me when women (or men, I suppose), always play the, "who cares? Let it go" card.  I have a good friend whose mother is very much the same way.  I mean, I  understand it to a certain extent as I try not to sweat the small stuff in life.  But this is RHOC - what exactly will these women do except make mountains out of hole-mills, especially in this iteration of the show.  Yes, Peggy has suffered major losses and has gone through a traumatic surgery that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.  That stuff certainly puts the other BS into perspective.  However, I always find people who respond to any minor escalation with, "so what? Let it go? Who cares" to be dismissive.  Like, what WILL she actually show any affect over? 

I would be interested in knowing if the offer to join the show happened before or after the surgery.  I thought the same thing about a support group.  The closest thing on the show she has to someone who can relate is Meghan and she has repeatedly blown Meghan off-and pressed her lips closed.  As traumatic as the surgery can be  I am just not sure that five weeks is all that soon after the surgery.  If Peggy were employed outside the home I would think she would have returned to work five weeks post surgery.  The initial part of filming had more to do with her being filmed at home.  I gave Meghan points for trying to make conversation, and positive conversation at that, about her mom and aunt's journey and seemingly successful surgery.  

My frustration lies with Peggy when asked by the women can't seem to give a straight answer.  She can take a film crew and have them present during examinations and discussions with her physician.  The other women she treats as if they are being invasive and that is just not the case.  I thought it was cold when she made the comment about Meghan having brain cancer.  Meghan didn't have her brain removed (which makes Peggy sound like an idiot) but two years she did have a lump and went the distance and had the BRCA screening.  What I took away from Meghan's scare that year was her  mother asking her if it was positive if she was willing to go to the next step.  I thought that was a very good question to ask a 30 year old who had never had children what she would do if she tested positive.  

Granted these women have no control over who production hires, but the answer to everyone else's woes can't be -oh look at poor Peggy, she went through a prophylactic mastectomy and her 85 year old father died last year.  As much as a detest Vicki, when she lost her mother and was advised on camera she has not used that at every turn to minimize others' issues in their lives.  

I feel like this I was in pain and under the influence and therefore not responsible for my behavior or words sadly lacking.  She seems to have little trouble speaking to her Armenian heritage at every turn.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Nor only did she fly to NYC with her daughter during filming, she was able to fly to Iceland as well! She really likes to talk out of both sides, which is why she didn't give a face to face interview.

I doubt that she even created and typed the response. Suddenly she's using terms like idioms?  My guess is her oldest daughter created responses with smart ass input from Peggy. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

As traumatic as the surgery can be  I am just not sure that five weeks is all that soon after the surgery.  If Peggy were employed outside the home I would think she would have returned to work five weeks post surgery.  The initial part of filming had more to do with her being filmed at home.  I gave Meghan points for trying to make conversation, and positive conversation at that, about her mom and aunt's journey and seemingly successful surgery.  

I agree with this. My point was more that she certainly isn't in the position like most of us would presumably be in where she HAS to return to work. This was something that was completely voluntary, so I suppose I was just surprised that she would choose to go on national television with these crackpots so soon after her surgery. 

Then I thought maybe she was the type of person who feels better with more people around. But like you said, there appears to be a disconnect between what she reveals in her talking heads and what she discusses with the other women. 

It reminds me of Kelly when she said that she decided to go on RHNY so she could "get away from the same types of people she's accustomed to being around" and that she "never watched the show" before agreeing to be a part of it. Something just does not compute.

• Love 2
On 8/8/2017 at 3:31 PM, zulualpha said:

Peggy is ‘strong? ...and doesn’t take any shit?’ Call me cray cray...but I have NOT seen that side of Peggy.

ive only seen Peggy add to or comment in conversations with some rote statement. At times non sequiters that are hard to follow...

and...when she doesn’t have a ‘comeback’ (in Kelly’s bedroom when Vicki and Tamara were face to face) she suddenly and awkwardly smiles..as if kidding. Check that scene out...

Peggy said something off the wall (just to add dialogue I guess...) when Kelly and Vicki called her out ...she crumbled...smiled..didn’t flow at all. Hard for me to explain what I saw..

Earlier episode with Tamara at a party...talking about relationship problems with Vicki...Peggy asks “when is it enough?” Out of the blue...blanket question...bottom line: Peggy shouldn’t be on the show unless she has command of the English language...and IF her lack of command of the language was intended to be ‘cute’ and/or her storyline...BAD CALL!!!

not in the least bit funny...especially when she fluctuates from the dumb dumb foreigner to the riled up woman who quite SUDDENLY can speak with non-regional American diction...on a dime....such a phony...

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 4

This is the best topic title I've ever seen.  Peggy's accent slipped away in one scene at Lydia's Mothers house when they were talking about crowns in the kitchen.  There's really something off about her.  Why would you intentionally act clueless about every facet of american life, and everything that's happening around you?  What vernacular is she familiar with?  She's lived here her entire life.  Nothing she says makes sense.  Her husband is trying so hard to make something out of this RHOC moment.  Bad actors!

• Love 2