Type keyword(s) to search

Australian Survivor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I don't really get why Luke/Jericho would cut loose Odette who is pretty much a goat, has consistently voted with them, and has no connections on the other side when they could have gotten rid of Sarah who has consistently lied to them, actively targeted Luke, and is teamed up with Tara who both have connections on the other side. I mean, sure, your goat might wander over to the other tribe, but Sarah/Tara definitely will.  

But, it's still a big enough merge that it seems like there will still be two sizeable factions, so we'll see who makes the best alliances.

Also, I wish they didn't make you watch the previews to get to see the exit interview. I like to be surprised. I try to mute and close my eyes but I always end up getting spoiled for the merge. 

• Love 3

I am not completely caught up, I just watched Ben's elimination episode.  

I just wanted to come in here and say I find Tara to be highly annoying.  She is way too smug when things go her way.  It really annoyed me that she helped to get AK out of the game and get her revenge when she herself should not still be in the game.  Yes I know it was a twist but they used the twist last year and I was hoping that they would do something different.  

Twenty-four players is four players too much.  I think this show would be better if they had twenty or even eighteen castaways.  

• Love 4

When Luke called her out on spilling his plans to Sarah and Jericho, whilst she may have her reason to do so, she immediately said no. She gets super-defensive. And she lashed out when AK turned the tables on the big alliance of 8, that tribal where the tribe is like 8 or 9 people strong. oh well...

"Last in". Oh Tessa, that was the worst management of an alliance bottom feeder I've seen in a long time;  Michelle clearly needs a lot of attention, if her performance at Tribal didn't finally tip you off. 

Letters from home: zzzzzzzzzz

Poor Jarrad: at least he knew who Jericho was voting for. 

Edited by cousin oliver
  • Love 2

Lockie is such a goat. He doesn't know what strategy is and can't even see it when Henry told it right to his face. He did vote with Henry in the end but he's not building or shaping his alliance. If he gets to the end, he's just a goat. Does he really think he's in an alliance with the Samatau majority? In his own words, he doesn't wanna be outed as a 'double agent', but if he voted an Asaga out, that just means Samatau can just pick him off later. You'll consolidate your enemies' power. Fucking think, you fucking goat.

Remember the lesson when Lockie ruled over an alliance of 8 (but it's not really an alliance of 8) in a 9 person tribe? AK round up the bottoms and usurped the top and took control. That's always how it goes, well how it can go, whether it's Aussie Survivor or US. Does Lockie not have the foresight to see Henry's point? Sounds like in tribal, Lockie votes with Henry because he put his trust in him.

But Tessa, she is so naive to think that those they kept on the bottom would vote with them. They have Henry, Lockie and Michelle on the bottom on old Samatau. They were always against Henry, check. They were naive to think Lockie would stick with them. And they lost Michelle's vote. Just include her in the discussion. When Tessa said Michelle was the last in, you're telling her you're on the bottom in this alliance. In tribal, when you say you don't where the votes are gonna go anymore or you say that maybe Asaga might pull something off, you are just reinforcing Michelle and Lockie to vote with Asaga. How bad can you be at tribal? Just say with confidence that you know who you'll be voting for. It might not work anyway but at least it's better than telling them to go vote with Asaga.

Still no votes cast for Henry yet. Amazing. The Samatau alliance got complacent. They deserve it what happened at tribal. So many noob mistakes. Henry's pretty good. He was overconfident switching tribes though, that was his only mistake but it worked out for him. That's the element of luck. The bottoms rise to the top, that's the theme for this season. Because nobody knows how to consolidate power. I have a feeling Henry does though. I can only hope Luke goes after him at some point. I'm pretty sure he will unless Henry gets him first.

If I'm Ziggy, I would tell my alliance that I have the power to cancel an idol so we can go after Henry safely. If Jonathan doesn't reveal the second part of her super-idol, if they kept it on the down low, then you can make them think that you don't have a super-idol anymore and get some targets off your back. Why save that power anyway? That power was designed to kill other idols, there are only 3 idols on the island, just put one on the crosshair and fire. Especially the target is Henry. They already think he's a strong player and suspects he might have an idol. He's the perfect candidate. Not that it would work coz they lost Michelle with a rookie mistake.

Also, when Sarah pitched to Michelle about joining forces with Jericho and Luke, I would do it in a heartbeat. First of all, you'll be naive to think Samatau got your back. You're just a number to them, as she found out later on. But she was cool with Luke and Jericho when she was on Asaga. But she also didn't see that Lockie would switch. I'm curious though, what did everyone think Henry would side with? Maybe she doesn't know Tara and Lockie are tight coz she's still new on Samatau.  But she should know that the Samatau bottoms would join with Asaga. Every tribe, there is a bottom. These bottoms are the lynchpins. If you don't know what they'll do then you're not perceptive enough for this game. People like AK, Henry, Luke, maybe even Jarrad, they know where people sits in the tribe, in the alliance. It seems that the girls are more clueless.

Edited by hyukx3

Alas poor Jarrod. He was right about Henry. Too bad his core alliance didn't listen and Ziggy step up with her idol-cancelation necklace to get him out. If not at this hyper-critical "which faction of the tribe will out-number" junture, then when?  

That was a pretty tame merge feast compared to the U.S., but it doesn't look like any of them are particularly wasting away, so I wonder what kind of rations they are getting. 

I still have a soft spot for Luke and his crazy big ass grin no matter what is happening. He is the anti-thesis of Henry and his solemn methodical paranoia. But they are equally strong players, I think. That is the real show down.  And Luke is doing it with everyone pretty much knowing he doesn't have an idol, so cheers to him. 

• Love 1

Every member of the Samatau alliance failed. They all are naive to think Lockie would stick with them and lost Michelle's vote. It's on everybody. Extra blame on Jarrad and Tessa though imo. When Asaga thought that Jarrad was the leader, then he should take some blame for losing Michelle's vote. And Tessa is not good with words; failed at calming Michelle down when she said she felt not included and just poor choice of words overall, both at camp and at tribal. Peter just seems like a follower.

Oh no;  of the three people I picked as my preferred winner, two of them are the first gone after the merge. The pickings are getting mighty slim now; fewer people in the tribe just accentuates how many of them are unlikable. Come on, Sarah, you're my only hope.

I liked Anneleise's first bit of advice in her exit interview and loved her second. 

Just watched last night's ep and was reminded of another thing I didn't like about Odette's gameplay and that was her thinking she had all the power being the swing vote, such a rookie mistake and if you watch Survivor you should know that is a dangerous position to be in.  Especially if you are going to make comments like flip a coin.

Ugh @ Jericho and his 'war'.

Sad to see Jarrad go but good there was a shakeup to make it more interesting.

Tara is so smug.

• Love 1

More than a couple of eps ago, Ziggy revealed that she has an idol to Lockie and Henry in the waters. She said that they could go final 3 together. Remember when she was with AK? She acted like she hates AK, stringing along Lockie, hinting that she might vote his way, but in fact, she was tight with her alliance. After that episode of her in the waters with Henry and Lockie, the next two episodes she was then shown that she's tight, very tight with her alliance. Tessa was saying she doesn't trust Henry one bit and everybody goes, "Hmmmm hmmmmm".

Now, does she genuinely think Lockie will act as a shield for her? But on what basis? Henry and Lockie are tight. Henry probably thinks Lockie is a goat anyway, which is better for him. Why would they keep Ziggy around over Lockie? Nevermind the fact that Ziggy is a bigger challenge beast than Lockie, and maybe a bit smudge better than Henry. If anything, you wanna kick Ziggy out. I mean, what is she thinking? Then she says she doesn't trust Annaliese. But does it matter when she's voting with Samatau in the first 2 merged tribal councils? And the people she trusts that she left behind in Tessa and Pete. She would rather throw herself to the wind than play with people she trusts?

I just don't get it. Still no votes for Henry. Also, it was Ziggy's plan, not yours Henry. This is not one of your power moves. You just benefit from it. Or maybe she has some other reasons because it's not adding up for me. Today's enemy can be tomorrow's friend. Lockie was so amused and bewildered that Ziggy would want to work with them. It's nothing new in US Survivor. Jonathan straight away asks the key suspects in tribal, Lockie, Annaliese, Ziggy, then ask about the idols. It looks too planned for my liking. I think Probts usually ask the people around the suspects before getting to them.

Ziggy doesn't have an idol anymore does she? Henry said she would still have but Jonathan didn't gave them back. What's going on? Not that special of an idol if you can't use it twice imo. Let's say hypothetically she still has her idol. Maybe she's confident that Henry won't go after her. They both have an idol. She acts like she wants to work with them. Maybe that's her plan. Man, I don't know what's going on with her.

Right now, if I'm the juror, I won't vote for Lockie, Tessa, Pete, Tara. I'm very interested in Ziggy's plan. I'm bamboozled. I would vote for Henry. He's running away with the game right now. I'm just hoping Michelle, Sarah and Luke get Henry out. Those two girls are schemers. And Luke is Luke.

Edited by hyukx3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, hyukx3 said:

Jonathan straight away asks the key suspects in tribal, Lockie, Annaliese, Ziggy, then ask about the idols. It looks too planned for my liking. I think Probts usually ask the people around the suspects before getting to them.

Well, some of this is the magic of editing. Tribals can go for an hour or two or more. Jonathan asks questions of everyone. We only see the interesting parts that fit the story line. Same as before the immunity challenge, Lockie said "as long as Annalise doesn't win, I'll be ok" and Annalise said "as long as Lockie doesn't win, he's going home." Well, they shoot those interviews with everyone. For all we know, there's an interview with Tara saying "I hope Henry doesn't win, I want to send him home" and one of Henry saying "if Tara doesn't win, she's been here too long and it's time for her to go." But, the editors knew that this episode was going to come down to Lockie vs Annalise, that the Super Idol would flip the script, and they just cut out the extraneous bits. If it had come down to Tara vs Henry, all the interviews we saw would have been scrapped and they would have pieced together the episode with bits of other interviews and crafted a different story. They have the benefit of knowing all before the first episode--who goes home, when, who wins, and how--and they manufacture a cohesive narrative with the pieces they have. If AK had won the season his story would have been completely different from episode 1. We would have seen an entirely different side of him. That's just how the genre operates.

• Love 3

I like the Aussie Ponderosa which they call the Jury Villa.   Seems very similar to me.  But what?  Jarrad didn't know if Jericho flipped on him after the whole underline code thing?

If this keeps up it's going to be all people I don't like at the end and the smugness will be off the charts.

Luke's "I'm a real boy" while voting was almost enough to turn around my dislike for him. Almost

I was on the edge of my seat during Tribal waiting for Michelle to blab something to ruin the whole plan. 

The preview with everyone claiming to be responsible for Henry's downfall promises much hilarity. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Charlesman said:

Well, some of this is the magic of editing.

Editing is part of it. If anything, then the US Survivor is better at editing than Aussie. But the real problem is Jonathan; kept asking around "Are you going home today?", no editing can save that.

After every tribal, the old Samatau alliance always act in disbelief. Once the votes are read, you should just quickly read the situation. It's obvious that Ziggy flipped. Just grill her, don't let her off easy like asking, "what just happen?", just ask why and get her to justify it.

I thought once you bid the full $500, you automatically win. Nobody can outbid you, so it's first come first serve. That's how a real auction works anyway. I wonder if the US does it differently. I can't remember.

When Tessa pulls away Pete during the rain, I think Lockie says "who does that?". I don't like how they feel there's a stigma to just blatantly strategize. It's a game. Play the game or the game will play you. That's the one thing I appreciate the US Survivor most compared to Aussie Survivor. And Annaliese and Lockie's fake conversation. There's just no need. I would fucking tell it how it is straight to Lockie's face.

So Ziggy revealed that she voted with Henry just to be in his alliance. And from Henry's confessional that Ziggy still has her idol. It's an understandable play. She does seem to have a relationship with Henry and Lockie. But can she trust them to keep her when it's down to 5 or 4? Then again, Ziggy could work with Michelle and Sarah. She would have options. So I'm cool with that. And Henry said that him, Lockie and Ziggy are going to win. It would genuinely surprise me that Henry would keep Ziggy till the end.

Again Henry, Ziggy made the big move last tribal, not you. I'm not sure if Lockie really had a hunch that it could be Henry. If so, good read from Lockie. He's still a goat though. If he thinks it's all about winning challenges, then he's the same as Ozzy. Like Tessa says, the power is about the voting blocs, the alliances.

As a juror, now I guess I would consider voting for Tessa. Keep rising to the top, keep surviving, it's good. But it's not the best. Fact is, when you're on the bottom, you gotta play the game. You only got one play, fight. She's fortunate that other people want Henry out as well. A better Survivor for me would be somebody that was overlooked, in with every vote. In this regard, it's like an advantage for some of the girls to make it to the end. Michelle and Sarah. And people haven't look at them as threats yet. Luke might become a target now. Ziggy is a challenge threat. It'll be interesting to see what's next.

7 hours ago, Nozycat said:

I like the Aussie Ponderosa which they call the Jury Villa.   Seems very similar to me.  But what?  Jarrad didn't know if Jericho flipped on him after the whole underline code thing?

If this keeps up it's going to be all people I don't like at the end and the smugness will be off the charts.

Henry is smug, but deservedly so imo. Lockie has an ego. Everybody else is fine imo. Michelle and Sarah are schemers, so they will always be a threat to whoever is at the top. Luke is his own man. It makes things interesting, now that they finally got rid of the best player so far.

I always liked Luke. Being his own man. That's admirable. Him and Tarzan.

Edited by hyukx3
  • Love 2

Jericho is so dumb , he is so lucky Sarah bailed him out.  Kind of annoys me that he thinks he got the better of Henry now.

I get tired of hearing Luke say he's the big boss or king of the jungle, early on it was ridiculous as his moves failed anyway.  And generally he gives himself way too much credit.  We've really had way too much of him and not enough of some others through this season, it's been a very lopsided edit. 

I haven't particularly liked the twists, the swap when people were supposed to be eliminated was done last year I think anyway.  But the Ziggy twist where those who voted her didn't even know what she was getting was strange, I'm assuming she still has some immunity idol.  The tribals generally need more talk than the host having to keep prodding them to say something.

The auction should have had a bad prize at the start as everyone bids on that thinking it will be good.

Edited by amazingracefan
13 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

Jericho is so dumb , he is so lucky Sarah bailed him out.  Kind of annoys me that he thinks he got the better of Henry now.

I get tired of hearing Luke say he's the big boss or king of the jungle, early on it was ridiculous as his moves failed anyway.  And generally he gives himself way too much credit.  We've really had way too much of him and not enough of some others through this season, it's been a very lopsided edit. 

I haven't particularly liked the twists, the swap when people were supposed to be eliminated was done last year I think anyway.  But the Ziggy twist where those who voted her didn't even know what she was getting was strange, I'm assuming she still has some immunity idol.  The tribals generally need more talk than the host having to keep prodding them to say something.

The auction should have had a bad prize at the start as everyone votes on that thinking it will be good.

NO!!! Luke is king, baby. Disrespect the king and you'll be gone, girl.

If you're talking about Ziggy and the last tribal, obviously she was trying to get in with Henry. You probably misspoke about Ziggy getting votes in tribal. She seems to be in good terms with Henry and Lockie as long as she's open to working with them.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, hyukx3 said:

NO!!! Luke is king, baby. Disrespect the king and you'll be gone, girl.

If you're talking about Ziggy and the last tribal, obviously she was trying to get in with Henry. You probably misspoke about Ziggy getting votes in tribal. She seems to be in good terms with Henry and Lockie as long as she's open to working with them.

I meant when she got voted that advantage, I didn't like that twist.  Ziggy is good at challenges but she is one of quite a few this season who have been left out of the edit, maybe they just didn't get what they expected from several in this cast.

I just find Luke's confessionals about being the king/boss very repetitive, they feel like filler in the end.

It was a random pick. I think Peter and Tessa wanted it. AK already decided he's not going for it. He doesn't want a bigger target on his back. When Lockie volunteered, they switched to Ziggy, saying she's good at challenges and puzzles. They need to justify picking someone "qualified" over Lockie. Like, they are so afraid to speak the truth, that is that they just don't want Lockie to have any power in the game. They need to get over it, like they're uncomfortable lying sometimes.

I just caught up on all episodes except the one that apparently aired today (Episode 18).  Did we know that Peter was gay before he got the letter from his dad?  I was as gobsmacked at that revelation as everyone at tribal was when Ziggy played her Super Idol and got rid of Anneliese.

And Henry goes home with an idol in his pocket?  I can't wait to see how that comes about!

Edited by legaleagle53
3 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I just caught up on all episodes except the one that apparently aired today (Episode 18).  Did we know that Peter was gay before he got the letter from his dad?  I was as gobsmacked at that revelation as everyone at tribal was when Ziggy played her Super Idol and got rid of Anneliese.

Oh, LE53, your gaydar needs a tune up.

Yes, in episode one AK asked Peter if he was “a homosexual” and then reassured him he had lots of gay friends [he didn’t]. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, cousin oliver said:

Oh, LE53, your gaydar needs a tune up.

This explains why I'm still single at the age of 56!  LOL

2 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

Yes, in episode one AK asked Peter if he was “a homosexual” and then reassured him he had lots of gay friends [he didn’t]. 

I KNEW there was a reason that I took an instant dislike to AK, and it wasn't that ridiculous man-bun, either.  Good riddance, you homophobic little bogan!

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:27 AM, Nozycat said:

Just watched last night's ep and was reminded of another thing I didn't like about Odette's gameplay and that was her thinking she had all the power being the swing vote, such a rookie mistake and if you watch Survivor you should know that is a dangerous position to be in.  Especially if you are going to make comments like flip a coin.

Ugh @ Jericho and his 'war'.

Sad to see Jarrad go but good there was a shakeup to make it more interesting.

Tara is so smug.

I did not see the Jarrad vote out (or the Henry one for that matter because it has not been posted yet), but I liked Jarrad and I wanted to see him do well.

The main reason why I quoted your post is to agree with you about Tara.  She just annoys me so much.  When she is in power she is just so damn smug and when she is not in power she seems to take on the, "Woe is me", type of mindset.  I hate people like that in real life.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:21 AM, cousin oliver said:

Oh no;  of the three people I picked as my preferred winner, two of them are the first gone after the merge. The pickings are getting mighty slim now; fewer people in the tribe just accentuates how many of them are unlikable. Come on, Sarah, you're my only hope.

I liked Anneleise's first bit of advice in her exit interview and loved her second. 

I was seriously bummed out over Anneleise's elimination.  She was my pick to win right from the start.  I thought she played a pretty good game and really had her Idol not been cancelled out, she might have lasted a lot longer.

Right now Sarah is my pick.  I just like her and I am not sure why (well I do find her cute but it is more than that).  I would not mind Luke winning either, I mean yeah he can be annoying but he does make me laugh.

5 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I KNEW there was a reason that I took an instant dislike to AK, and it wasn't that ridiculous man-bun, either.  Good riddance, you homophobic little bogan!

Lol, what? Bit drastic to label someone as a homophobe becoz of that.

3 hours ago, hyukx3 said:

Lol, what? Bit drastic to label someone as a homophobe becoz of that.

If asking someone whether he's a "homosexual" (who even says that word outside of a psychology class?) and falsely claiming to have a lot of gay friends (i.e., "some of my best friends are homosexuals") aren't indicative of at least a little homophobia on AK's part, then I don't know what is.

11 hours ago, BK1978 said:

The main reason why I quoted your post is to agree with you about Tara.  She just annoys me so much.  When she is in power she is just so damn smug and when she is not in power she seems to take on the, "Woe is me", type of mindset.  I hate people like that in real life.

Agreed 1000%! She's just awful. Smirking and giggling through the reading of the votes at tribal. Does she forget she was voted out once already?! Ugh. Terrible. Just crude and mean to people. 

• Love 4

Oh Henry, going out with a Pocket Idol. At least you seemed a good sport about it. 

Am not a fan of the idol canceling "super idol." That was a bit much and I think unfair to Annalise, who played her idol well.  

• Love 3

Australian Reality Show is a dialect of its own. 

Speaking of, is anyone here watching the latest Bachelorette Australia? It's not usually my bag, but between the delightful Sophie Monk and the comically terrible pack of drongos vying for her attention this season, it's actually a very entertaining season and ripe for snark. If there's any interest, I will dust off the abandoned subforum and start a thread?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, retrograde said:

Australian Reality Show is a dialect of its own. 

Speaking of, is anyone here watching the latest Bachelorette Australia? It's not usually my bag, but between the delightful Sophie Monk and the comically terrible pack of drongos vying for her attention this season, it's actually a very entertaining season and ripe for snark. If there's any interest, I will dust off the abandoned subforum and start a thread?

Yeah Australian reality has a flavour all its own.

Yes I am watching and loving it so far.

1 hour ago, Kelda Feegle said:

Well I am happy with tonights result and beginning to want Locky to win

What do you like about Lockie? He's a goat. And Tessa thinks he's a threat. Again, Luke has proved to be much perceptive. Ziggy voted for Lockie; she's with Tessa. I see his points about Tessa. But he could play it safe and went with the 6 alliance. I'm not sure if it's the right move for Luke. I'm not sure if it's wrong though. Strategically, I feel it's a 50/50 choice. But for Luke, it's a 100% choice.

Doesn't Locky have an idol? He couldn't have felt safe. Why didn't Luke try to get Locky and Tara on his side? Why is no one targeting Luke? Why does everyone think Locky is this huge threat to win? I don't know how many times Luke can come out of a vote like that unscathed, but he definitely is having the most fun. 

11 hours ago, hyukx3 said:

What do you like about Lockie? He's a goat. And Tessa thinks he's a threat. Again, Luke has proved to be much perceptive. Ziggy voted for Lockie; she's with Tessa. I see his points about Tessa. But he could play it safe and went with the 6 alliance. I'm not sure if it's the right move for Luke. I'm not sure if it's wrong though. Strategically, I feel it's a 50/50 choice. But for Luke, it's a 100% choice.

I think I like Lockie because he's not a schemer - he's just getting along in a happy, if slightly dumb, way, and that warms my cold dead heart a little. Besides - who doesn't like a goat? LOL. Most of the others remaining annoy me in one way or another.

2 hours ago, Kelda Feegle said:

I think I like Lockie because he's not a schemer - he's just getting along in a happy, if slightly dumb, way, and that warms my cold dead heart a little. Besides - who doesn't like a goat? LOL. Most of the others remaining annoy me in one way or another.

You don't like schemers on a show like Survivor? You like him just becoz of his looks and masculinity, right? I'm really happy with the season so far. A bunch of schemers, alliances keep falling apart, everyone is only looking out for their own game, right off the get-go at the start of the merge. That's what I want from Survivor. This season is night and day compared to last season. Can't stand Lee's holier than thou act. By any chance, were you a fan of Lee as well?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, hyukx3 said:

You don't like schemers on a show like Survivor? You like him just becoz of his looks and masculinity, right? I'm really happy with the season so far. A bunch of schemers, alliances keep falling apart, everyone is only looking out for their own game, right off the get-go at the start of the merge. That's what I want from Survivor. This season is night and day compared to last season. Can't stand Lee's holier than thou act. By any chance, were you a fan of Lee as well?

I think that the game can be played smart without scheming in a way I dislike. No I wasn't a fan of Lee. I am enjoying the way the alliances are changing around out of practical necessity. I just feel like lockie is a good hearted doofus without being a twat like Luke. I also think ziggy is playing a smart and steady game. Jericho and his war analogies annoy me. Michelle just aggravates me, I think it is her voice as much as anything. 

4 hours ago, Kelda Feegle said:

I think that the game can be played smart without scheming in a way I dislike. No I wasn't a fan of Lee. I am enjoying the way the alliances are changing around out of practical necessity. I just feel like lockie is a good hearted doofus without being a twat like Luke. I also think ziggy is playing a smart and steady game. Jericho and his war analogies annoy me. Michelle just aggravates me, I think it is her voice as much as anything. 

Clearly, we're not like-minded people. I just don't get what you hate about Michelle and her voice. Sure Jericho is foolish with his war analogies, and his play is just following Luke's plan. And Luke is Luke. Personally, I just see them as who they are and let them be who they are. But one thing I hate most is smugness. I still remember the early days, when Locky was smug in his fake 8 alliance, clearly doesn't know how to play and strategize in Survivor. He wants things done his way and I'll believe Tessa when she says he has a bit of an ego. Now, Lockie is not leading any alliance, in a position of power or building camp, so we don't see the smugness anymore. It's true that certain environments can bring out certain qualities in you.

• Love 1

Oh no; there goes my last chance for a winner I would’ve liked. This is awkward - I really don’t want any of the remaining seven to win. The episode really strained to make it look like there was some tension, but there was no possible way they were going to boot the annoying Michelle when the option was to get rid of a super schemer like Sarah. 

These people are playing a better game than last year’s castaways but oh what I’d give for a lovable loony underdog to cheer for right now. :-(

• Love 2

Poor Sarah. Luke was the architect to vote out Tessa but Michelle only blamed Sarah. Really irrational on her part. Luke put himself at risk not going with the safe 6 and he still got by becoz Michelle put the blame on Sarah. How long can he go unnoticed?

• Love 1

I've been thinking....Michelle was with Luke in old Asaga, switched to Samatau, then merge happened, Samatau lost her vote, eventually, in the course of 3-4 tribals post-merge, formed a tight 4 alliance not shown in the edit in the formerly 6 majority alliance that includes Tessa. If Luke had a top 4 in a 6 majority alliance, he could have played it safe, he didn't need to vote Tessa out and Lockie would have gone home. It's a safe route, possibly even the best route.

If he's worried about Tessa's connections with Pete and Ziggy, then you just need to get Ziggy out to weaken her instead of straight up eliminating her. He could have tried to rally his alliance to vote out Ziggy before Lockie and Tara. With Lockie and Tara there, you got two chances to blindside Ziggy.

Oh well, at least it's much exciting this way.

edit: oh nevermind. It's only becoz the alliance of 4 was more real to Michelle than Luke. That's why. Then again, maybe the alliance was more real to Michelle coz she was burnt by it.

Edited by hyukx3