Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Australian Survivor

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Nozycat said:

I wonder why Mo is so bad at challenges, I thought she was an athlete.

Sad Brooke is gone, would have liked to see her at the end with David.  Hoping for a David win now - which is something I never thought I would say after last season, but like him this one.

No word of a lie, I was thinking the exact same thing about Mo a few days ago.  She really seemed to be struggling in the final four challenge, which surprised me a bit because I thought a challenge like that would have been perfect for her.  I wonder if her energy is just sapped from lack of food, water, sleep, or whatever.

I have wanted David to win for the vast majority of the season, so part of me liked seeing Brooke go.  But I really like Brooke, as she and Lee were my two favorites from the first season.  I will say this, she had one hell of a season and she is a fantastic player.  I mean the way she sold herself and the benefits to keeping her would have given me pause if I were in Sharn or Mo's position.

Out of the three I would want David, then Sharn, and then Mo to win.  I think Sharn played a good game but I have a strong feeling the jury will not respect her.  Mo might have a hard time selling her game, but as I say that, Brooke seemed to understand what Mo has done so maybe the jury is not completely in the dark as to the moves she made.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Brooke really did her best at the last tribal to save herself. I would have been shocked if either Sharn or Mo bought into it though, cuz, come on, the jury is mostly made up of her friends and ousted alliance members who have been falling all over themselves with glee every time she had the immunity necklace on! I think she deserves to play again, but this time she did not play hard enough early on strategically. 

Wow, David has emotions. LOL It was good to see, and he better win. Sharn has made so many enemies on the jury. And for no reason! Mo really hasn't done that much. She is more of a legend in her own mind with her invisible game. I am also surprised that she has not been good at challenges this whole season. She doesn't seem especially warm or friendly either. I don't know why the jury would pick her over Dave.

I really wish they had a final three, cuz I would love to hear all of their arguments for why they should win. And a final two means Dave will be out if either of the girls win the next challenge. I do not like that the winner of the final challenge basically decides the final two. Didn't like it in US survivor and I do not like it here. 

Why are they making us wait a week for the finale! Ugh! 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Shonee seems like she might be a bitter jury member.   Gone is her giddy personality and she now seems to have a scowl on her face at all times.  They showed her a couple of times giving everyone death glares.

I want to bring this up in my last post, I wonder why by in large the women dominate Australian Survivor and the men seem to dominate American Survivor.  I am talking overall there have been far more men who have won US Survivor and there have been three women who have won Australian Survivor.  The Aussie seasons also tend to be run by the women.  Is it a cultural thing?  Does Australian Survivor tend to cast stronger women (Not just in physical strength, but overall.  Meaning women who are more leaders than followers.) instead of just going for the pretty girls.  It is just very interesting to me.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Shonee seems like she might be a bitter jury member.   Gone is her giddy personality and she now seems to have a scowl on her face at all times.  They showed her a couple of times giving everyone death glares.

I want to bring this up in my last post, I wonder why by in large the women dominate Australian Survivor and the men seem to dominate American Survivor.  I am talking overall there have been far more men who have won US Survivor and there have been three women who have won Australian Survivor.  The Aussie seasons also tend to be run by the women.  Is it a cultural thing?  Does Australian Survivor tend to cast stronger women (Not just in physical strength, but overall.  Meaning women who are more leaders than followers.) instead of just going for the pretty girls.  It is just very interesting to me.

 

I believe it is a cultural thing.  Aussies work to live, not live to work.  They spend much more time with their families and therefore are more respectful of others naturally, be they men or women, young or old, any race, etc.  

Americans live to work and are ruthless to get whatever they want.  Kids are raised with no discipline or respect for anyone.  Many women are still battling to break through the glass ceiling and be shown they are just as capable (in many cases more-so) then men.  There are still many, for instance Mormons, that think women must be subservient to men.  This is 2020 and the House keeps having to fight for the equal rights amendment for women (namely abortion - a bunch of men should not get to rule what a woman does with HER body.  IMO, if that's the way they want to rule, fine... every rapist gets his d*** cut off... NO EXCEPTIONS)!!!!

I digress... sorry.  If you listen to the 'sob stories' in both versions, Aussies are all about their families and how they are doing it for them, American's are all about how they've been ostracized by their family because they 'came out'.   Blah, blah, blah... wah, wah, wah.  Just get on with the show already...

Dave's gotta win!   😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/25/2020 at 3:32 PM, TVbitch said:

Brooke really did her best at the last tribal to save herself. I would have been shocked if either Sharn or Mo bought into it though, cuz, come on, the jury is mostly made up of her friends and ousted alliance members who have been falling all over themselves with glee every time she had the immunity necklace on! I think she deserves to play again, but this time she did not play hard enough early on strategically. 

Wow, David has emotions. LOL It was good to see, and he better win. Sharn has made so many enemies on the jury. And for no reason! Mo really hasn't done that much. She is more of a legend in her own mind with her invisible game. I am also surprised that she has not been good at challenges this whole season. She doesn't seem especially warm or friendly either. I don't know why the jury would pick her over Dave.

I really wish they had a final three, cuz I would love to hear all of their arguments for why they should win. And a final two means Dave will be out if either of the girls win the next challenge. I do not like that the winner of the final challenge basically decides the final two. Didn't like it in US survivor and I do not like it here. 

Why are they making us wait a week for the finale! Ugh! 

 

What frustrated me about Brookes pitch that no one brought up was she would have a stacked jury! I think the only person who stood a chance against Brooke with that jury is Dave. Mo or Sharn would have been essentially handed Brooke the win if they kept her!

I hope Dave wins if not would prefer Mo over Sharn, didn't like her in her first season and haven't liked her this season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Dave has to win final immunity its his only chance really either of the girls would be crazy to take him to final 2.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

That was so odd to watch, mainly because I kept screaming "social distancing! Social distancing!!! Too many people in a room!!!" No way will they do that for the U.S. Survivor finale.

My favorite argument was "the winner All Stars deserves." That would've sealed it for me.

Excellent season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

YAZ!!!! 

Dave smashed this entire season. No one else came close. He nuked it. But it stayed exciting cuz I didn't think he would actually make it to the end.  Out wit, out play, out last --indeed.

Sharn knew she was toast shortly into final tribal. And she lied about the whole "testing Tarzan" thing. Like you would need to test Tarzan's loyalty?! She really could not sell that. The look on her face. Even at the reunion. She was still defeated. I wonder who was the one vote for her?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

YAZ!!!! 

Dave smashed this entire season. No one else came close. He nuked it. But it stayed exciting cuz I didn't think he would actually make it to the end.  Out wit, out play, out last --indeed.

Sharn knew she was toast shortly into final tribal. And she lied about the whole "testing Tarzan" thing. Like you would need to test Tarzan's loyalty?! She really could not sell that. The look on her face. Even at the reunion. She was still defeated. I wonder who was the one vote for her?  

Moana was her sole vote or at least according to the Survivor Wiki website. 

Glad to see Dave win, he did play the best game and it was cool to see the jury was not bitter.  I thought it funny at the Reunion show his daughters seemed to be happy and his two sons did not seem like they wanted to be there at all.

Speaking of Reunion Show, have they ever done a Reunion Show in the past?  If so I never saw one.  I have to say Michelle, Shonee, Flick, Brooke and Phoebee (sp?) all clean up pretty nicely. 

To tell everyone how bad my memory of this show is, I did not remember Mo and Sharn being allies their first season.  I remember Mo and Matt as allies, but it was not until the weekend when I was on the Survivor Wiki site that I saw they were allies. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Very happy with this outcome which I never thought I would have said after last season.  Sharn tanked again.

  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sharn, the Russell Hantz of Australian Survivor.

I honestly think her whole "I'm a lawyer" persona works against her at final tribal -- she comes off like she's lecturing people, and I've rarely seen such a cognitive dissonance between the way someone sees their game in their head versus the way people perceive that game.

I feel like both times, she couldn't get to final tribal without talking out of both sides of her mouth, and once she got there, she dramatically misread her own game. In season three, it was "I was loyal" versus Shane, the most loyal player there was. When it was her "big moves" (like having a sense about the Mat boot, but not warning him) that gained her respect from half the jury, but came off as disingenuous to the other half.

This time, it was her quite frankly bizarre argument about "look how many times I could've switched alliances," which she needed to follow up with "but I couldn't beat you, you were too good" to the people she burned. Which also comes off as disingenuous when you're part of "the tightest alliance in Australian Survivor history."

A tact that might've worked is going after David more, like "hey, I got here without idols and a pretty face." I don't know if she was too arrogant to use Moana's planned "I used David as my shield and was running things the whole time" argument (which I thought was decent). But honestly, any claim of "an aggressive, quiet game" went out the window after her loud, pathetic begging to be taken to F2, all "you promised to take me, you promised, you promised." She needed to correct that last impression the jury had of her, even if she had to lie. Say "I was playing that up so I would look weak. I wanted this face-off, and I knew he was afraid of Moana."

As I watched her, I wondered if she thought she was playing Sandra's Heroes vs Villains game (talking a big game about switching sides, but never actually doing it). The difference was Sharn had people who wanted to get David out. Sandra could lecture at Heroes vs Villains (what I consider one of the greatest arguments in Survivor history) she tried to warn them about Russell, and nobody listened to her. I feel like Sharn's was the diet version of that, like "I could've done it, guys! I didn't, but I could've."

Which is why I consider her game to be more like Russell's and less like two-time F2 loser Amanda. Like Russell, Sharn was playing a different game in her head than everyone else saw, and like Russell, the only time she got a hint of the game she actually played was at final tribal council.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so glad Dave won, absolutely the best player by a mile. I knew he had it won as soon as he won final immunity. I was shocked Sharn actually thought she had a chance!

She started off ok with her speech but it rapidly went downhill from there.

I thought Dave was great he owned  his game which does tend to go down well with juries.

All in all a perfect end to a really enjoyable season.

Edited by elizacat
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On Mo's Jury Villa, they had her give her "speech" and it was so bad. More of her "invisible game" stuff with her sulking in the shelter where no one would notice her, but she could hear and watch everything. The table was less than impressed. Neither of these ladies stood a chance, and rightly so. 

Mo looked devastated in the reunion. I think she still believes if she could have just gotten to the final, she could have won. Um, no. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

On Mo's Jury Villa, they had her give her "speech" and it was so bad. More of her "invisible game" stuff with her sulking in the shelter where no one would notice her, but she could hear and watch everything. The table was less than impressed. Neither of these ladies stood a chance, and rightly so. 

Mo looked devastated in the reunion. I think she still believes if she could have just gotten to the final, she could have won. Um, no. 

She believes that because she had the jury stacked with friends and figured they'd all vote for her the same way she voted for her friend, Sharn.  Guess she found out the hard way that jury members tend to vote on 'game'... they know the public will see it and judge them if they don't.

BTW, Shonee posted on IG that it was Moana that voted for Sharn.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, TVbitch said:

On Mo's Jury Villa, they had her give her "speech" and it was so bad. More of her "invisible game" stuff with her sulking in the shelter where no one would notice her, but she could hear and watch everything. The table was less than impressed. Neither of these ladies stood a chance, and rightly so. 

Mo looked devastated in the reunion. I think she still believes if she could have just gotten to the final, she could have won. Um, no. 

Yes I also thought her speech was terrible and she has such a flat affect, there is no conviction there.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I'm sure Mo is a nice person, but she does not come off as having much personality. Sharn isn't exactly a barrel of fun either. Meanwhile, the jury literally lit up and was enthralled listening to Dave gleefully recount his game. They laughed along with him. 

Hope he gets an acting gig out of this. Or at least some nice modeling work.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Yeah, I'm sure Mo is a nice person, but she does not come off as having much personality. Sharn isn't exactly a barrel of fun either. Meanwhile, the jury literally lit up and was enthralled listening to Dave gleefully recount his game. They laughed along with him. 

Hope he gets an acting gig out of this. Or at least some nice modeling work.

Dave mentioned on the exit interview on RHAP about potentially going on US survivor - would love to see this!

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, elizacat said:

Dave mentioned on the exit interview on RHAP

What is that and where do I find it?

Would love to see Dave on US Survivor, but I don't see how any other players would let him stick around very long. They should do a season with players from around the world.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, TVbitch said:

What is that and where do I find it?

Would love to see Dave on US Survivor, but I don't see how any other players would let him stick around very long. They should do a season with players from around the world.  

RHAP is "Rob has a Podcast".  Rob Cesternino is a former American (2-time) Survivor player who has become more famous by covering several reality shows and getting interviews.  He's won several awards for the work he's done.  Give his website a google search and give a listen.

BTW, Australian Survivor is hosted by Shannon Guss, not Rob... he can't possibly cover them all alone.

Here's the interview that was referenced Finale Exit Interviews

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ReallyRealReality said:

Here's the interview that was referenced Finale Exit Interviews

Thanks that was pretty interesting. Now I am inclined to listen to the "deep dive" one. 

David is even more impressive listening to that. He was really thinking out every detail and contigency, was dealing with some serious physical hardship, and just had a great understanding of the game in general. 

Oh dear, Sharn really thought she could get some votes (?!) 

Mo STILL cannot really articulate her game. She came across very poorly in that respect in her portion of the interview. And she voted for Sharn cuz they are good friends. How disappointing!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I was thinking about how it would probably be the Australian version that would have Aussies vs. US.  I just do not think Jeff would be keen on that.  But Australia already had Russell on, why not try to get a tribe of American All-Stars to take on a tribe of Australian All-Stars.

I don't know how many watch the Challenge in this thread but I would love to see Turbo (Who won Survivor Turkey twice) come over and play a season.  That dude is legit nuts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think Jeff is probably jealous that AU Allstars was such a big hit, and is still the brutal game Survivor used to be, with gruelling challenges, near starvation and only a couple idols in play. Meanwhile US Allstars is a bit cushy, well-fed, and lazy ..and if you aren't careful you will trip over an idol/advantage.

David said as much in that podcast. That he probably wouldn't do AU Survivor again cuz it took such a toll on him, but he would totally do US Survivor, i.e., he's up for a shorter Club Med stay. 😄 

I think US vs The World would be cool. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size