Type keyword(s) to search

Australian Survivor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm surprised they casted a full on misogynist with all the metoo/timesup going on the last couple years. ... ...okay no I'm not! But I am surprised the women didn't call Zach out more directly at tribal. 

With this many people I am never going to remember who has what backstory. Hopefully they will give us reminder flashbacks, like on MC when they flashback to who made what! 

• Love 1

I guess I have to stop picking winners.  I picked Tegan to win on here and she was voted out (granted she has a chance to come back but still).  Then I picked Rachel to win American Big Brother and she was voted out.  I must be some sort of jinx.

Part of me has to wonder if Zach is just playing a character.  I mean he has to be...right?  Nobody could possibly think that way now.  He and I are the exact same age and I would never even think some of the  stuff he said.  I mean I don't really have a problem with saying that the women on the team are weaker than their counterparts on the Champions team because for the most part that is true (heck most of the guys are as well) but the other stuff is just so off the wall and that is what makes me think he is playing a character for more T.V. time.

• Love 1

I'm sure to a great extent he is @BK1978, but I'm sure the producers knew that was gonna be his shtick going in. They probably think having someone to hate on and relishing them finally getting voted out is good entertainment. Which it can be, but I would prefer if it just happened naturally.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Fish Pie said:

Thrilled to see the vile Anita voted out.

You and me both.  I had a huge smile on my face when it happened, mainly because I thought we'd be stuck with her deep into the game.  For all I know we still might be, but at least I got to see her get voted out once.

5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Now that is how you do it, Heath!

I was actually surprised they all voted him, and that the guy who was pushing for it didn't have an idol contigency in place. 

I thought Zach might have voted with him, due to Zach looking apprehensive when voting and how he reacted when Heath used the Idol.  Much like you I was shocked that they all voted against him.  

I dislike Benji (sp?), which is odd because his sister was one of my favorites last season.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SnideAsides said:

One of the confessionals last night featured the player wearing a black buff, which would suggest both they and the player they were talking about reach the merge.

Good catch. Though, technically, the person they were talking about may have been a franken-quote, cobbled together from other bits of speech, what that person said on camera while wearing the black buff was just a pronoun and not a name. 

I think there's a couple of things going on with Zach - one, he's a little bit like that, or at least his social media would appear to back that up and two, he's PISSSSSSED he's not on the Champions team, you guys he was on TV just like the Commando, why isn't HE on the same team, it's not fair etc . . . 

At least, that's a little bit of what I think is going on. 

• Love 1

I was pleased to see Anita voted out.  She thought she was safe by getting “her girls” around her and trying to play a “mum” card.  But in the challenges she did five-eighths of fuck all, but carried on like she had done all the work.  I hope Teagan makes mince meat of her in the Exile Beach challenge.  

Also so happy to see Benji’s face when Heath played his idol.  He was so sure of the outcome he had no back up plan to split the vote.  I get the feeling that the men in the Contenders have HUGE opinions of themselves and for the life of them can’t see what is going wrong.  Heath seems to be getting a bit of an idea, mainly because he has been pushed into thinking for himself.  The others egos are getting in the way.

Edited by LavendarRose
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, LavendarRose said:

I was pleased to see Anita voted out.  She thought she was safe by getting “her girls” around her and trying to play a “mum” card.  But in the challenges she did five-eighths of fuck all, but carried on like she had done all the work.  I hope Teagan makes mince meat of her in the Exile Beach challenge.  

Also so happy to see Benji’s face when Heath played his idol.  He was so sure of the outcome he had no back up plan to split the vote.  I get the feeling that the men in the Contenders have HUGE opinions of themselves and for the life of them can’t see what is going wrong.  Heath seems to be getting a bit of an idea, mainly because he has been pushed into thinking for himself.  The others egos are getting in the way.

I obviously agree with your take on Anita.  But the main reason why I liked your post was saying that Anita did five-eights of fuck all.  I have never heard that before and I will now be looking to fit it into conversations.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I obviously agree with your take on Anita.  But the main reason why I liked your post was saying that Anita did five-eights of fuck all.  I have never heard that before and I will now be looking to fit it into conversations.

Hey thanks BK1978.  My own version of an expression I can never remember correctly.  Thought it fit Anita perfectly.

• Love 1

Knew Tegan was going to come back... hope she and Heath can hold it together, at least until they merge with the champions.

Anita didn't seem to try very hard, to me, though. Maybe she felt so stupid and guilty about believing Benji that she didn't really try her best. Teg was pretty determined, though.

Sad to see Benji wasn't ousted, but Zach is a good second choice. Maybe the goal now is just busting up the bro alliance, which I guess DID happen since it's pretty much just Benji and Robbie, now. I'm not sure how loyal Robbie will remain to Benji, or even IF there is any loyalty between the two of them there. Still don't like Benji.... there's playing the game, which I guess is the goal? And there's just being an asshole. Guess good argument could be made for busting up the Heath/Tegan alliance, but he just took such joy in it that it seemed like more than just strategy.

I'm ready for the show to give the challengers a break and maybe for one of the champions to go home... my choice? Jackie, although she's become much less obnoxious since the first couple weeks. Actually, there are none of the champs that I really don't like, even if it's just a bit. My favorites are still Mat, Lydia and Samuel (physics boy?); hope I have the names right.... only one I'm sure of is Mat's.

So yeah, okay, keep knocking off the challengers and when they merge, probably the only two left standing will be Tegan and Heath.

• Love 2

Well, if Zack was "playing a character" he was really committed, cuz he had to know he was playing it right out the door. 

I will be surprised if they don't mix up the teams if it becomes much more lop-sided. US Survivor would have done it by now!  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Well, if Zack was "playing a character" he was really committed, cuz he had to know he was playing it right out the door. 

I will be surprised if they don't mix up the teams if it becomes much more lop-sided. US Survivor would have done it by now!  

I was thinking they might do the fake Tribal Council again like they have in the previous two seasons.  But I now doubt they will do any Tribal mix-ups and it is mainly because of the names of the tribes.  You cannot have a non-champion on the Champions team and you cannot have a non-challenger on the Challenger team.  Maybe I am thinking too much into this but that was what I was thinking the other day.

'Left wing women don't like me very much'.  No, we fucking don't, you dickswab.  Fenella continues to be awesome, thanks for winning all those challenges, Zach!  What a c*nt, THRILLED he got taken out by a bunch of chicks, that's him, the cop and Hantz, all taken down by those weaksauce boob having things who can barely function out of their kitchens, SO EMOTIONAL.

• Love 4

That was a well done immunity idol clue, and I'm glad they made the idol harder to get at. 

I hope Shonee goes far. She is smart and good at narrating, and I loved that face she made when Benji blundered and told her about his wealth. 

If they are not going to tribe swap, I hope they get away from the mostly physical challenges. It really is not fair to pit a team of mostly professional athletes against a team of non-athletes and expect any different kind of outcome. 

TVb, looks like they may do some shaking up next week?

The Paige thing kind of surprised me; I really thought Tegan and Heath wanted Benji out and then the way Shonee talked about him after he told her he's rich and doesn't care about the money and only wants to be sure he makes it to top six?? She looked disgusted and I thought she and Fenella would vote for Benji also. I guess they don't show all the machinations behind the scenes so we may be surprised about what's happening? Paige didn't really bring that much to the festivities though, so she might as well go now rather than later.

I'm kind of sad they're busting up the Champions team, but they really do need to make things more even. I don't care (a great deal) for any of the Challengers (is that what they're called?) but it's very unfair for them to be pitted against that group of strong athletes, Jackie and Ms Australia, notwithstanding. Don't get me wrong: there are a few, very few, of them that I don't mind, but I'm not all fired up about them, either.

Maybe mixing the tribes will re-kindle my interest because I've kind of been losing it... Was actually thinking I might just come back for the final couple weeks of episodes, but I may hang in there to see what happens next.

• Love 1
On 8/14/2018 at 10:51 PM, Charlesman said:
On 8/14/2018 at 4:21 PM, SnideAsides said:

One of the confessionals last night featured the player wearing a black buff, which would suggest both they and the player they were talking about reach the merge.

Good catch. Though, technically, the person they were talking about may have been a franken-quote, cobbled together from other bits of speech, what that person said on camera while wearing the black buff was just a pronoun and not a name. 

They made it seem like she was talking about Zach, so looks like they did Frankenquote that bit because he didn't make it to the black buffs. Deceptive reality editing strike again! 

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:21 AM, BK1978 said:

I was thinking they might do the fake Tribal Council again like they have in the previous two seasons.  But I now doubt they will do any Tribal mix-ups and it is mainly because of the names of the tribes.  You cannot have a non-champion on the Champions team and you cannot have a non-challenger on the Challenger team.  Maybe I am thinking too much into this but that was what I was thinking the other day.

Hate to quote myself but from the looks of the previews I guess I was wrong.

Benji can go any time now.  I forgot what exactly he said when the Pagie votes started to pop up but it annoyed me.  He is far too smug for my liking.  Once again, it amazes me how his sister was one of my favorites and I dislike him so much. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, TallulahBelle said:

Thanks for ruining nachos for everyone, Benji, JESUS.

First, he was eating over the pile and getting his droppings right back into the mountain. Then his dirty hands were just pushing them around and handling them all. Then after he found the clue, he was just scooping up huge piles into his hands and dumping them back on the plate. Ick. Then, he mixed the limes in with the rest of the nachos, instead of keeping them at the sides. What an animal!

Wasn't the clue in the same place last season? Under a pile of spaghetti or something? Just as gross to watch.

• Love 3

Yay, Jackie is gone, finally... actually wasn't minding her so much the past coupla weeks, but then I realized it's only because the Champs were't on the chopping block, so she didn't need to machinate behind the scenes. Can't really figure out Brian; the Jackie alliance surprised me. Wonder why Mat, Steve and Samuel haven't tried to bring him in to their alliance? Guess everyone doesn't just like everyone; they have to have a reason for the liking.

Lydia is super strong and I was not surprised the Contenders won, what with her and Robbie being paired for the cube hold. Shane and Shonee did an awesome job, though; the woman is 61 or 62 (?) ffs, and look at the leg strength.

For the first time in a few shows, I'm a bit worried about a couple of my favorites. I hope Mat and Sam are safe; also okay with Lydia and Tegan being around for a much longer time. There are actually more than a few people I like, and only a couple that I don't really care for: Benji and Shonee being two of them. When Shonee actually bragged about being there for 25 days and practically doing nothing the whole time, I was thinking, wow, I wish everyone else could see her making those comments. She made up for it a tiny bit with her performance in the immunity challenge, but not enough that I'd like to see her stay around for the long haul.

• Love 2

I feel like I'm getting different things out of this season. I thought Jackie was HILARIOUS in a way that few Survivor people are (and Brian and Shane still are), and Mat and Lydia are my least favourite reality TV contestants in a looooong time.

Edited by SnideAsides
  • Love 2

Yeah I didn't mind Jackie and liked her final speech.

I have liked Lydia up until now but thought she was obnoxious with all her talk of getting rid of dead weight, she sounded really up herself to me.  And I thought she was married, what's with drooling over Rob like that.  Her ability in challenges is amazing though.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Nozycat said:

I have liked Lydia up until now but thought she was obnoxious with all her talk of getting rid of dead weight, she sounded really up herself to me.  And I thought she was married, what's with drooling over Rob like that.  

She's married, not blind.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Nozycat said:

Yeah I didn't mind Jackie and liked her final speech.

I have liked Lydia up until now but thought she was obnoxious with all her talk of getting rid of dead weight, she sounded really up herself to me.  And I thought she was married, what's with drooling over Rob like that.  Her ability in challenges is amazing though.

You know I really disliked Jackie but as @PepperMonkey said the Champs were not on the chopping block so we really did not see much of her.  When she finally got voted out I was sort of indifferent, I thought I would be happy like when Anita was voted out but it just was not the case.  Like you I liked her final speech.

Lydia on the other hand is someone I never liked.  She has always come across as very cocky to me, granted she is a hell of an athlete and she does kick all sorts of ass at the challenges, and I just do not like overly cocky people.  Therefore, when she started to talk about getting rid of dead weight on her new tribe it just reconfirmed my opinion towards her. 

Plus in all honesty the Contenders really do not have much dead weight on their tribe right now.  If Lydia is talking about someone like Fenella, I would say she is dead wrong.  Fenella is probably second strongest female, behind Lydia, on the tribe.  I would argue that Miss Australia and the lawyer (I honestly cannot recall their names and I am too lazy to look them up right now) are far weaker at challenges than Fenella.

Also, Shane FTW!  I am glad she is doing good, though her playing the kingmaker in the next episode might come back to bite her in the butt.

It is so weird that there was not much of a tribal shakeup.  I wish that the buffs were all on one tray so we could have a chance of a better tribal mix.  Having three folks go one way and two the other just did not do anything for me.

• Love 2

BK1978, yeah, you are right about Lydia... she's beginning to grate on me. Totally agree on Fenella too: in the challenge with coconut baskets, she was amazingly strong.

I have to admit, I didn't watch the whole episode because I'm kind of bored by them all a bit, now, but I'm invested enough to want to hang and see who ultimately wins. Also, summer teevee is a doldrums in the states, so it's pretty much this and Celebrity Masterchef UK going on for me right now.

I liked Tegan, however, I could not believe they were trying to give her yet another chance to stay. Wouldn't have minded if she hadn't been voted out, but once she was, and for the second time, I'm actually kind of glad they didn't vote to save her. If Champs are on the block again next Monday, I'm hoping Shonee goes next because I never liked her but her attitude is bugging me worse and worse. I don't know why; it's a competition and there's ultimately only going to be one winner, but Shonee, unless something changes drastically, would be my next choice out over even Benji, who I've disliked ever since Nacho Gate.

Edited by PepperMonkey
spellcheck!
  • Love 3

I was ambivalent about Tegan, but who did she annoy on production that they allowed her to be 'saved' from the vote twice so she ended up being voted out THREE TIMES in the one season?  No one's ego is that strong, that was rough to watch.  That's a record as well right?  Most times voted out in one season?

• Love 1

Jackie had an expiration date, so that was no surprise. 

Poor Teegan, girl loved the game. But I would have been aghast if the other side saved her when they had already tried so hard to get her out! 

Lydia really is quite full of herself, isn't she? I love a strong woman, but Fanella is a damn strong woman, too. Does Lydia expect her to be as strong as she is, when she is an elite athlete at the level that it is basically her only job to train and be as fit as possible. And the way she went on about herself at the roast dinner, puhlease. Other people have accomplishments that mean just as much to them. And furthermore, Rob totally pissed me off when he was all "finally we have attractive girls here!" Um, the girls you had before were not exactly dog food for cripes sake! Those two make the perfect pair... of egos!   

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Jackie had an expiration date, so that was no surprise. 

Poor Teegan, girl loved the game. But I would have been aghast if the other side saved her when they had already tried so hard to get her out! 

Lydia really is quite full of herself, isn't she? I love a strong woman, but Fanella is a damn strong woman, too. Does Lydia expect her to be as strong as she is, when she is an elite athlete at the level that it is basically her only job to train and be as fit as possible. And the way she went on about herself at the roast dinner, puhlease. Other people have accomplishments that mean just as much to them. And furthermore, Rob totally pissed me off when he was all "finally we have attractive girls here!" Um, the girls you had before were not exactly dog food for cripes sake! Those two make the perfect pair... of egos!   

I think Robbie and Ben made a mistake.  If they think they are going to be able to get in good with the Champions' alliance they are wrong.  I mean it was so obvious from the vote that the former Champions women were sticking together as none of them voted for Tegan.  To me that should have been a red flag, but to those two I guess not so much.  Oh well I guess I am going to look forward to seeing Matt and the gang pick those two fools off. 

• Love 2

Bored of this now; I'm just FF'ing and watching tribal council and even that is not riveting, ALTHOUGH I'm not spoiled to all the pre council machinations so I have no idea who's going home.

That's about the only positive thing I have left to say.

Tired of Lydia and Robbie/Rob. Benji can go home last week.

• Love 2

Robbie (and Benji to a lesser degree) are stupid to think the Champion girls are not going to re-join their crew and get rid of them ASAP after the merge. However it was smart of the Champion girls to keep Robbie over Heath for now, cuz he is obviously starry-eyed for them.

Well, at least Heath can be with Teegan his wife now. :)

I am rooting for Fenella. 

• Love 2

I thought Heath was the only Contender who had any shot at getting a vote at the final tribal from any of the Champions.

I just don't see any of the Champions on the jury voting for a Contender. At all, under any circumstances. There's a bit of an athlete's code with them it seems. Loyalty of sportsmanship. They respect each other so much as professionals and people at the tops of their industry and have that bond I don't think they'd vote against one of their own at the end. 

I have no idea who the Contenders think they can sit next to at the final tribal and have a shot at getting the votes of whoever would be left on the jury. Does Benji think he's going to sit next to Mat and Steve or Lydia and get votes from Shane and Brian and Samuel over either of them?

From how I see it, it just looks like they've been playing "get through one more vote" or "get to the merge" and don't have a plan for navigating to the final.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I am rooting for Fenella. 

I would love to see Fenella pull a Kristie and pick up an out of nowhere win.  I doubt it will happen, but I would still love to see it.

I wonder how trustworthy Brian will be now that the merge is about to happen.  He must know he is at the bottom, I wonder if we will see him try to lead a coup. 

• Love 2

So who voted with us?” - oh, Robbie, you beautiful idiot. 

I love a good blindside but felt a little guilty as Lydia looked so sad. I hope this doesn’t mess with Samuel’s game too much. 

Shane openly plotting while the Immunity Challenge was still going on was gold. 

• Love 3

Today I did my new trick of ff'ing to the end to see who goes home and I had to actually back it up and watch the episode to see what happened.

It makes sense that they would want to get rid of strong contestants, now that they are in individual challenges, but I really thought they might try to clear out Robbie and Benji first. I think they still could have gotten Lydia out after that, but it might have been harder for them to "betray" her if she had been back with the tribe for a couple weeks.

I do agree, though: I don't think there is any of them that could have beaten her at any kind of endurance test.

If I were Champs, though, I would seriously start working on whittling away the Contenders, before the champs decide to turn on each other, which I know is inevitable and natural, since there's only one sole survivor.

Ready for Shane to stop saying "Don't fuck with Shane Gould" because I'm not sure who HAS been fucking with her OR does she mean it as a warning going forward? That was a pretty devious and interesting move she made; and to turn Mat against Lydia was kind of a feat. Although he DID say the camaraderie between Lydia and the Contender boys was making him question her loyalty, although I don't know why, because I honestly think she was just trying to survive to get to the merger. And they could have easily targeted her and Sharn, but they didn't.

So... because I have not been watching entire shows, I had no idea Benji got an immunity idol. And Mat DOES still have the idol Moana gave him to keep for her. I had wondered if he could keep that and use it, if need be. I mean, it seems like it would be fair game to do so.

Kind of interested to see to what Benji was referring when he said the champions have no idea what's coming for them. I hope it's just empty bluster, because I don't care for him.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 4

I did not see that coming, but glad for Fanella! 

I hope Mat gets blindsided eventually, cuz this whole season he has acted very Rob-like in his "control" over the Champions. He will totally promote this vote as his big move when it wasn't even his idea. 

That is an interesting question about the idol @PepperMonkey. I can't remember if Moana GAVE it to him or if he was just holding it and she got evacuated. He hasn't mentioned it since. I wonder if there is some rule around it. I know you can't steal an idol, but it was in his possession with her agreement, so maybe it is his to play. 

Not really sad about Lydia getting the toss, cuz she was just too showy about her physical abilities. Even after her ouster, she was all, "I guess they didn't have the guts to go up against me!" Lydia darling, it's not about bravery, it's about MONEY. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 2

Does anyone know when the next episode will air.  Jonathan usually says during his voiceover at the end of the show but I did not catch it this time.  Is it still Monday?

I found Fanella to be a rather odd choice as the first post-merge elimination. I mean right now she is pretty harmless and I think they could get rid of her at almost any time (though she did kickass during that Immunity Challenge so I might be talking out of my ass here).  I would have thought Robbie would be the priority right now.  I am glad that Fanella is still around as she is the only contender still around that I actually like.  I am indifferent about Robbie and Shonee and I dislike Benji.

Also, I am still loving how Shane is the shot-caller or the godmother of the tribe.  I always love it when older people do well on Survivor and I find her to be likable (she reminds me a lot of my mother personality wise).  I wish American Survivor would cast a strong older woman on the show...but who am I kidding, she would probably be voted out first no matter how strong this hypothetical strong old woman was.

• Love 4

I don't know, TVbitch, I am still only fast forwarding to the end and seeing who gets sent home.

I'm still invested enough to see who wins, but not interested enough to watch an almost hour long episode twice a week.

Am I the only one who cannot stand Benji? He is just totally gross to me, made worse by when he ate over the plate of nachos and then dug around in them with his filthy hands, which I kind of get because they can't exactly be super sanitary there in those conditions, and there WAS an immunity idol clue there, but just g r o s s, anyway. I don't have as much of a problem with him "playing the game" but I just don't like him period, so I'll be super pissed off if he pulls out a win. I'm worried about it because they had the voiceover about "get ready for the greatest end game ever seen on Australian Survivor" and I can't think who it might be unless Shonee, Fenella or Brian pull something out of their ass/hat here at the end.

I'm kind of glad there's a jury, I guess, having not ever watched Survivor ever, until this series, this season, but would Robbie know at the point of the jury that Benji "betrayed" him? I kind of appreciated that Mat let Lydia know he "betrayed" her and said sorry, mate. Guess some don't like Mat, but I am kind of fond of him after getting to know him a little bit through this show.

Sam has become my favourite Champion, while Fenella firmly remains my favourite Contender.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, SnideAsides said:

The obvious question is: Who the hell looked at Benji and decided Fluff would be an appropriate nickname for him?

Lol

Yeah Mat you don't get to complain about being betrayed when you voted Lydia out.  I have liked him until now but thought he was acting very high and mighty tonight.  I only noticed last night that he has bits of 2 fingers missing on his right hand, anybody know what happened?

• Love 3

When Matt was recruiting Fenella he didn’t mention Sam as one of his most trusted allies so he had a helluva nerve to act all betrayed later on. 

Sigh. Sam was my favourite, plus losing eye candy Robbie last ep makes for a lousy Survivor week. I wonder what those two guys will have to talk about at the Jury Villa. 

• Love 2

I believe fluff and pump and porno terms. That is all I have to say about that! 

Matt has gone full on Rob Mariano from US Survivor and it is not a good look on him. He had zero problem eliminating Lydia, but demands unquestioning loyalty. How very kind of him to say he will still acknowledge Sam after the game. (lol) I'm sure Sam was not going to lose any sleep over it. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 2