Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Low Key

• Start Topic

Kailyn finally discusses the big news she's been hiding; Briana starts exploring adoption; Aubree has some trouble adjusting to her baby brother; Addie's birthday party doesn't go as planned; and Jenelle reconciles with Barb.

Edited by Scarlett45

@ClassyCourtHeels Vee is like the Greek chorus....Vee for the win. 

The ONLY think Kailyn was correct about in this episode is that Chris Lopez is equally responsible- if he didn't want to be a father he could've wrapped it up. Other than that- KAILYN wtf. Yeah you're going to have to explain to the kids what's going on. (However not in the way Briana did- more to follow in that)

Sweet sweet Issac, I hope he keeps his sweetness and it doesn't get kicked out of him. I think Jo is doing an excellent job allowing him to express his feelings in an appropriate way and reassuring him. 

Briana- Nova's hair gives me life, but why are you saddling that poor child with all of these adult conversations and responsibilities. Briana is SO DIM. 

@heatherchandler I don't think Jeremy and Leah would've made it any length of time cheating or no cheating- I do agree that they shouldn't have gotten married but they did. I think Addy was just in a mood that day, two parties in one day is a lot of stimulation for a kid. 

• Love 22

Vee is fed up with Hulk's shenanigans and righfully so! You know our favorite beached whale is furious that Vee called her out on her reckless mating! 

WOW! So Javi sells stories to the tabloids? Very interesting! Normally, I would root for Javi to use Hulk for gain the way she used him but it's Kail's right  and hers alone to reveal her pregnancy publically.

• Love 23

Hey Leah, maybe Addie likes to be at her Dad's because you're a self-absorbed bore.  Billy Bob's Broke-Ass Birthday Bash reminded me of "The Black Mountain Scorpion Hoedown Bluegrass Experience Gang," from Aqua Teen Hunger Force's episode with Zak Wylde.  - "Kids Love pizza, and they love squalor!" 

UBT is just this close to committing serious violence. Did you see how seethingly angry he got ? And how fast? And over virtually nothing. She can't even talk to Bahb on the phone. Think it's about isolation, power and control, no? What a giant Merde...

All I notice about Brianna's segments are whether or not the black spot on her cheek is a blackhead or a mole. She's redundent.

Poor Isaac. Karl is such an unfeeling beast. 

I dunno about Aubs. Sometimes I wonder if she's really a spoiled brat, or if this is a very temporary situation. Just a question here... Is letting your kids sleep in the same bed with you as big a thing as it seems to be now? Like, it's the thing to do?  Do they grow out of it or what? I never considered doing it, and my kids never seemed to care, but, they were always good sleepers. So...was I lucky?

I'm beginning to care about as much about this show as Gracie cares about her life...

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, pheebs said:

Just a question here... Is letting your kids sleep in the same bed with you as big a thing as it seems to be now? Like, it's the thing to do?  Do they grow out of it or what? I never considered doing it, and my kids never seemed to care, but, they were always good sleepers. So...was I lucky?

Yes you were lucky!!  I'm kicking kids out of my bed ALL NIGHT LONG.  

Everyone tries to pile in with me at night.  I foolishly allowed my 5 year old to sleep with me when he had an ear infection.  He was with me until he turned 7!!  I finally got rid of him and now I have the 4 year old shuffling in around midnight.  Then my husband migrates to the guest room, and the 7 year old comes in.  Then I leave my bed to sleep in my 7 year old's empty bed.  It's musical beds at my house.  It's driving me mad.

2 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Oh, Aubree.  She's ruining new daddyhood for Cole. CTFD, Chelsea.  Good lord, maybe if you acknowledged and validated that child's completely understandable emotions and jealousy she wouldn't make up monsters in the closet as an outlet for her fear. Maybe she would, but I didn't like how Chelsea said Aubree was doing it "on purpose."  Grow the fuck up, Chelsea. Your older child is not "ruining" Cole's fathering experience.  Aubree's emotions are real. She's not going to stop having them because you consider them an inconvenience.

This made me so angry!  Yes, she's ruining it.. and Aubree, a child is *hearing* that she is ruining his experience!

That is some messed up thinking.

• Love 22
37 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Vee is fed up with Hulk's shenanigans and righfully so! You know our favorite beached whale is furious that Vee called her out on her reckless mating! 

WOW! So Javi sells stories to the tabloids? Very interesting! Normally, I would root for Javi to use Hulk for gain the way she used him but it's Kail's right  and hers alone to reveal her pregnancy publically.

I don't think Javi did. Kail likes to blame Javi but one of her friends actually spilled the tea on twitter and then deleted it. If someone told Javi, that same someone could have told the tabloids. She looked pregnant before announcing. Anyone could have hit up radar online. 

8 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Everyone tries to pile in with me at night.  I foolishly allowed my 5 year old to sleep with me when he had an ear infection.  He was with me until he turned 7!!  I finally got rid of him and now I have the 4 year old shuffling in around midnight.  Then my husband migrates to the guest room, and the 7 year old comes in.  Then I leave my bed to sleep in my 7 year old's empty bed.  It's musical beds at my house.  It's driving me mad.

This made me so angry!  Yes, she's ruining it.. and Aubree, a child is *hearing* that she is ruining his experience!

Chelsea claims on twitter that that comment was inserted from a completely different conversation. If you listen, the audio does change on that one sentence. 

If you click the second tweet Kail claims the same. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 18

Why is Chelsea wearing a Carhart winter hat in the house ? It looks so stupid. Time to maybe try some age appropriate looks Chels. The rebel/redneck style is not a good look on her. And for fucks sake brush. your. hair. Aubrey is acting like she's too big for her britches.

I loved the shitshow that is Janel's child pick up situation! I could watch that every week.

Briana that dude will not be there to raise the baby. He's about 80% gone now and the kids not born yet. You are stupid too.

Kail is a monster.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Mkay said:

I don't think Javi did. Kail likes to blame Javi but one of her friends actually spilled the tea on twitter and then deleted it. If someone told Javi, that same someone could have told the tabloids. She looked pregnant before announcing. Anyone could have hit up radar online. 

Chelsea claims on twitter that that comment was inserted from a completely different conversation. If you listen, the audio does change on that one sentence. 

If you click the second tweet Kail claims the same. 

hmmm, I wonder who she pissed off in editing?

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Hahahaha that reminds me of that episode of who's the boss where they all end up switching beds until tony and Angela wake up together. Anyone remember that?!

jenelle: I laughed SOOOOOO hard when she complained about having to drive sooooo far dude!!!! To pick up everybody! Ummm that's kind of what happens when you procreate with every tom, dick, and harry around. And be glad you have to go pick them up; you couldn't stand them full time! UBT is really starting to scare me. I wonder what her leghumpers who think he's such a good, mature influence will say. I get why barb thought he was right next to the phone. In her abused days, I bet her husband stood right next to it and listened in. Speakerphone wasn't invented yet. I would be really worried if I heard my daughter's controlling boyfriend answering all the questions too! And not even trying to be nice?

kail: gonna get me too worked up so I'm going with the positive. Jo made me tear up tonight when he was holding Isaac and reassuring him. Such an amazing parent he had turned out to be. 

Chelsea: everything's about Cole, isn't it? I feel like she wishes aubree could just disappear for a little while so they could focus on "their" baby and "their" little family. I bet she banked on aubs staying out of the way and playing outside while Cole had his first fatherhood experience with Chelsea. The way aubree's acting is totally predictable. Idk why Chelsea is freaking out. It reminds me of fellow teachers who are like, "whyyyyyyyyyy?!" and overreact when kids misbehave the day after Halloween. It's to be expected. And Chelsea calling out the editing only makes her look worse. 

Leah: I think addy is just sad to leave Jeremy because she seems him so seldom. Even though he can be distant, I believe he loves his child, and they have a good rapport when they are together. I could see her being one of those girls who's close to her dad when she's a teen, like Chelsea, especially if he lives closer by then. I hope so, because maybe that will cut teen pregnancy chances for her. I also think addy and Leah spend too much time together one on one. A decent preschool would probably be good for addy, and she would probably act more like a typical four year old. I couldn't stop laughing because the place was called Billy Bob's!

• Love 13

Jenelle likes being pregnant so she can have a valid excuse for being lazy .. but she doesn't seem to realize after her 50th baby daddy that after pregnancy comes responsibility and who would've known ? Actually taking care of your kids ! Who goes on vacation without your kids a month or 2 after giving birth ?? She is the worst mother on the franchise by far in every aspect . Farrah is a disgusting human being but even she managed to not get pregnant again and ruin another kids life . jenelle makes my skin crawl 

• Love 18

I know!!! Why can't jenelle just pretend to have a disease that justifies her laziness? Why not say she has extreme asthma and is barely supposed to move around? Then she could be lazy all day long without ruining more kids' lives?!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I know!!! Why can't jenelle just pretend to have a disease that justifies her laziness? Why not say she has extreme asthma and is barely supposed to move around? Then she could be lazy all day long without ruining more kids' lives?!

I think she did that 1 or 2 seasons ago 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Eta was Addie reading an old tabloid of her mom and dad's wedding?  What a world!

Do you think Addie was in the back seat saying " momma I wanna see my daddy"  and Leah was all "Aw baby we gotta US Magazine in the back with lotsa daddy's pitchers. Kiss daddy's pitcher. You'll see daddy soon"?

Honestly, Leah is getting a good edit this season and I think Jeremy is naive in his thinking. Addie isn't having a panic attack about going with her mom. She is panicking because she sees him so little.

Chelsea is getting the bad edit this season. I've always thought that she was the best mother of all of them considering the lot we have to choose from. But Aubrey seems like she's afraid of being left out and I felt like Chelsea wasn't very understanding with her even though it seemed like she knew that was the root of the problem. It especially ticked me off when she (Chelsea) told her mother that she felt that Aubrey was ruining Cole's new dad moment. And on top of that Aubrey is seeing  that piece of shit father of hers less than ever because he's... strung out? Idk, that's what Chelsea alluded to. I really thought Chelsea was really shitty in that scene. YMMV.

Edited by Hagosaurus
Spelling
  • Love 14

Vee is awesome.

Its obvious Aubree is upset cause she feels left out of the new little family Chelsea has got going with Cole. She almost said as much in the vehicle. I hope Chelsea is just getting a bad edit because it's making me feel sad for Aubree and I usually like Chelsea.

Jeremy continues to be an idiot. Addie is prob freaking out cause there's times when she leaves his house and doesn't see him for months.

I made it through this episode pretty fast because I can't stand Jenelle yelling at the top of her lungs on the phone. I ff all Briana scenes. Adding her was a mistake and her sister is so annoying.

• Love 14

Devoin's cute. Why's he got to be what I believe the kids call a fuckboi? Loved Brittany's look at the camera after she let him in the door.

And whaaaaat are you afwaid of, Kail? Javi breaking the PFA and his head violently shaking your Hulk fists?

Edited by nikita
should finish the ep before posting
  • Love 5

Javi breaking the PFA

There was no PFA at that point. 

This editing was so wonky. It was crazy seeing Kail's walls go from a green color to a yellow color in the same scene. I could clearly tell the editing monkeys were working overtime in this episode. I generally hate when the girls blame the editing such as Leah trying to convince us it wasn't midnight when the kids were fed. Tonight though, the editing was really working my nerves. I could clearly hear the audio being different in Chelsea's scenes. As for Isaac at the dinner table, he kept looking at someone when he was having his little meltdown. Not sure, but it looked like he kept looking at the camera crew. It had me wondering what was up with that.  The editing really annoyed me so much that I only watched ten minutes of the second episode. I FF Briana's scenes of the first episode. Was Luis wearing that black shirt again? If so, it looks like the filming was done so it appears time has elapsed. In other words, the editing monkeys are fucking with the viewers. 

• Love 6

I felt so bad for the kids this show. 

When my parents divorced and we didn't live close to my dad, when I did get to see him it was always the most tearful stressful time for me. I would get anxious and sad about leaving my mom for the summer to go see my dad. I'd feel guilty about leaving her. When I would get to my dad's it would take me a few weeks to get settled. I would miss my mom and cry and want to go home. As soon as I would bond with my dad again it would be time to start preparing for going back home. I would have separation anxiety and cry before and after. I did this a few summers and then I stopped going. It was too hard on me. My dad lived in another country and was busy with his new family. I saw him maybe twice a year. It was devastating for me. 

Also I wish MTV would have paid the kids instead of the parents for being on the show. A trust fund for when they are ready to go to college. The parents should not have received anything that rewarded them for getting knocked up as teens. 

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, fetching said:

Also I wish MTV would have paid the kids instead of the parents for being on the show. A trust fund for when they are ready to go to college. The parents should not have received anything that rewarded them for getting knocked up as teens. 

The parents are not employees of MTV. They are contractors. The kids can't get paid because they are not considered SAG members. They are not following labor laws. It is assumed Chelsea has a trust fund set up. Gary from TMOG mentioned having a college account for Leah. Cory same thing. Leah stole her kids' money that was put away for them. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Marley said:

Its obvious Aubree is upset cause she feels left out of the new little family Chelsea has got going with Cole. She almost said as much in the vehicle. I hope Chelsea is just getting a bad edit because it's making me feel sad for Aubree and I usually like Chelsea.

Truth.  And Aubree is old enough now and smart enough to realize that Adam is never, ever, ever going to be there for her the way Cole is already for the baby.  Sure, Cole is there for Aubree and they truly seem to love each other, but there is still that reality and that has to really hurt. 

Does Aubree ever see her sister, Paislee?

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Quilty said:

Why isn't Allie ever in her wheelchair? Has something changed?

Leah only breaks out the wheelchair when secondary gain is involved (getting to front of line at amusement parks). 

5 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

hmmm, I wonder who she pissed off in editing?

I think Cole isn't going to want to participate in the series anymore or to allow his son to be filmed after the scene being taken out of context. 

Re: Queen Vee, the Punta Slayer -

tumblr_lkykp5CMXV1qbskw8.gif

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, Quilty said:

Why isn't Allie ever in her wheelchair? Has something changed?

Leah and Corey have never followed the doctor's orders regarding the wheelchair. But yes she should still be in it, nothing has changed. 

Vee FTW. Holy shit she says what everyone is thinking. I hope Jo treats her well because she is awesome and no nonsense. He was good with Isaac, aka the sweetest child of all time, in this episode. I'm sure he and Vee are even more "wtf is happening with this bitch" off camera. I have little to say for Kailyn herself because, well, ew. 

I'm a bit torn on Aubree/Chelsea. Aubree is a bit bratty, yes, and has been for a while. But her emotions are completely understandable and I felt for her. She's not 2, she's 7 or something. She knows that Chelsea/Cole are a unit with Watson, that she doesn't have a bio dad who will always be there for her like Watson does, that Chelsea is very into her "familyyyy" with Cole, and that she is somewhat excluded. Chelsea had also just given birth and was likely overwhelmed and surprised by the behavior, so I get it, but it does seem like she is so into her little unit she's got going with Cole that she just wants Aubree to fit into the scenario seamlessly as if she is Watson's full bio older sister. She's not, no matter how much Cole loves her as his own, and she's feeling that difference. Sometimes it seems like Chelsea just wants to pretend Adammmmm never happened, but he did. I'm sure she *did* just want to spend some time actually enjoying the first days with her baby with a supportive partner, as an adult, without major drama and turmoil. She never had that before. But that's not Aubree's fault and I'm sure she senses some hint of that, that her early childhood was not what her brother's will be. 

Jeremy was being ridiculous. She's not upset at having to go back to her mom because she gets abused there, she's upset at not seeing you for weeks or months at a time and having those times be unpredictable. Another completely normal emotional reaction from a child. I don't know if he was trying to play it up for the cameras or if he just assumes the mom is the primary caretaker and that's the "natural place" for a child or what, but any kid in her position would likely react the way she does. 

For Jenelle and her faux macho monster of a boyfriend I have no fucks to give. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

Vee was all of us this episode.

This times infinity!!!

8 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I definitely think it's more that Addie has separation anxiety with Jeremy than that she doesn't want to be with Leah. As much as Leah is lacking I'm sure Addie loves her, she just sees Leah daily and Jeremy not nearly as often. Sometimes she goes months without seeing him...how does not understand this, even as simple as he is.

This is exactly what I was thinking when it was all going down. She hardly sees him and when she does, she doesn't want it to end. It has no reflection of Leah not being a good mother but I guess it is easier to make her the scapegoat.

• Love 9
(edited)
4 minutes ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

Jenelle has a bit of a math problem. She was bragging about going on vacation after the baby is born, and when Barb questioned her, she said something to the effect of "It's in March. She'll be 4 months!" Last time I checked, March was two months after January. And she REALLY pissed me off when she said "What I can't go on vacation because YOU never take one?" Let's break that down Jenelle. Barb probably doesn't take a vacation because she's busy taking care of YOUR child you VOLUNTARILY signed custody over for. She's also probably worried about leaving Jace in YOUR care while she's away. She also doesn't have the luxury of your easy income and still has to work to provide for YOUR child. So yeah, maybe you should rethink bragging about your upcoming vacation plans, weeks after your third child is born. She's such an ungrateful asshole.

Thank you for bringing that up. I'm not of the opinion that once you have children you can never take an adult vacation, but Jenelle's entire existence is a vacation!! Barb was right- who's going to watch these children?!!

@Rebecca I agree with you regarding Addie and Jeremy. I think that Jeremy doesn't see that Addie's behavior is due to her missing him because he never intended to be a full time parent/primary caregiver to any child (much less a girl child). I believe Jeremy loves Addie and has no qualms about supporting her financially, taking her on outings and buying her toys but to him the arrangement is exactly what it was going to be- if she wants more it's because Leah is lacking in the parenting department. I don't think Jeremy will ever be the emotionally available parent Randy was to Chelsea even when she's older, and Addie may be fine with that.

But no I don't think Addie's behavior with Jeremy is a reflection on Leah in this instance. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Hahahaha that reminds me of that episode of who's the boss where they all end up switching beds until tony and Angela wake up together. Anyone remember that?!

jenelle: I laughed SOOOOOO hard when she complained about having to drive sooooo far dude!!!! To pick up everybody! Ummm that's kind of what happens when you procreate with every tom, dick, and harry around. And be glad you have to go pick them up; you couldn't stand them full time! UBT is really starting to scare me. I wonder what her leghumpers who think he's such a good, mature influence will say. I get why barb thought he was right next to the phone. In her abused days, I bet her husband stood right next to it and listened in. Speakerphone wasn't invented yet. I would be really worried if I heard my daughter's controlling boyfriend answering all the questions too! And not even trying to be nice?

kail: gonna get me too worked up so I'm going with the positive. Jo made me tear up tonight when he was holding Isaac and reassuring him. Such an amazing parent he had turned out to be. 

Chelsea: everything's about Cole, isn't it? I feel like she wishes aubree could just disappear for a little while so they could focus on "their" baby and "their" little family. I bet she banked on aubs staying out of the way and playing outside while Cole had his first fatherhood experience with Chelsea. The way aubree's acting is totally predictable. Idk why Chelsea is freaking out. It reminds me of fellow teachers who are like, "whyyyyyyyyyy?!" and overreact when kids misbehave the day after Halloween. It's to be expected. And Chelsea calling out the editing only makes her look worse. 

Leah: I think addy is just sad to leave Jeremy because she seems him so seldom. Even though he can be distant, I believe he loves his child, and they have a good rapport when they are together. I could see her being one of those girls who's close to her dad when she's a teen, like Chelsea, especially if he lives closer by then. I hope so, because maybe that will cut teen pregnancy chances for her. I also think addy and Leah spend too much time together one on one. A decent preschool would probably be good for addy, and she would probably act more like a typical four year old. I couldn't stop laughing because the place was called Billy Bob's!

Except for financially supporting her, to me Germy seems like a crappy father. Poor child calling him because she misses him and he is at his girlfriend's house instead of with his kid who he hardly sees. The best thing for her would have been a single combined party where she had both sides of her family there together. Kids would rather have that than 2 parties.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Linny said:

It's interesting to me how Jenelle seemed normal with Barb when they were speaking privately on the phone, but as soon as David started lurking things went south quickly. That dude is straight up crazy and controlling. The anger he was expressing over something as minor as where to pick up Jace was alarming to say the least. I also didn't like how he kept groping Jenelle's belly in the car. I suppose that was supposed to be sweet, but it felt more possessive and like an exhibit of his power over her. I've seen people joke that David is going to end up being the focus of a show on the Investigation Discovery channel, and I'd say that's probably only a matter of time. He gives me very bad vibes.

I too thought it was funny that when UBT wasn't around for the first convo it went just fine. It is totally disturbing the control that he has over her. She can't even have a conversation without him butting in and answering questions for her. How does this codependent chick even wipe her own ass? 

• Love 19

Vee gave me life this episode! I love how she called out Hulk and her irresponsible decisions and actions. Kail straight up told so many lies in this episode. And I have yet to see her cook dinner for her kids this episode. They have eaten out almost every episode.  Her emotions are so tied to this Chris Lopez. 

UBT telling Jaenelle he wouldn't marry her unless she had 2 kids for him....whoa. Bad plan there Janelle. You can't even manage the umpteen kids that you do have. We finally got to see poor Maryssa. She was completely unbothered by the baby, what's one more kid in a house with a dozen? 

• Love 12
47 minutes ago, bounnatalie said:

Aubree is adorable and probably ready for a growth spurt. It was heartbreaking and telling when Aubree said something like, 'you all get to sleep in a room together and I have to sleep by myself alone.'  I think Aubree just needs some special time with Cole, she may be just afraid of losing his love and attention now that Watson has come along.

Also, who tells these girls they can't get pregnant? Didn't Kail say she was told she couldn't get pregnant? Hasn't this happened with some of the other girls?

Total, 100% bullshit. A big part of her story last year was the miscarriage and if she wanted kids with Javi. NO MENTION of her supposed infertility. She could not carry a pregnancy why? Because she had a miscarriage? Nevermind the 2 kids she already had and one who was just 2. Many women have a single miscarriage and it does not make you infertile. 

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Except for financially supporting her, to me Germy seems like a crappy father. Poor child calling him because she misses him and he is at his girlfriend's house instead of with his kid who he hardly sees. The best thing for her would have been a single combined party where she had both sides of her family there together. Kids would rather have that than 2 parties.

Jeremy is not a caregiver by any stretch of the imagination. The only reason I'm not quick to call him "crap" is because when he married Leah he was 100% honest about what type of parent he wanted to be- he was going to work out of town, be gone for long stretches of time, and the day to day raising of the children is going to fall on Leah. Leah agreed to that. Now that they're divorced the arrangement hasn't changed, Jeremy shows up to take her on outings. 

Now if Addie grows up and has negative opinions about her Dad's behavior when she was growing up she has every right to them. 

For the child's birthday I think one combined party would've been best. Parents split the costs down the middle. I understand separate holiday celebrations but for birthdays make it work. 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Definitely agree. I get that he works and it was their arrangement but if he has such a problem with Leah's parenting he shouldn't be complaining unless he can start doing more caregiving. Another reason to not maybe get pregnant/get someone pregnant after a month of dating. They both act like they never had any idea who the other person was. Jeremy is very much a "that's woman's work, I'm the man and I'll be at the pipeline and call you when I damn well feel like it" kind of guy and Leah should have known that. Leah is irresponsible, needy and all over the place and Jeremy should have known that. 

• Love 12