Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E13: Live Show 1

• Start Topic

Split my votes between little singer Angelica and little ventriloquist Darcy.

The comedian .  I can't stand the shouting, fast talking.  The only thing that gave me a little snicker was the xmen comment to Mel about her outfit. 

i actually thought Tyra was much more tolerable tonite vs. the auditions.  She gave Angelica a really nice sincere  hug.  These contestants are going to need someone like that when/ if they don't get the votes. 

• Love 1

Loved Darci, In the Stairwell and Just Jerk.  We tuned in late, so I missed Christian, but I gave him some votes anyway based on last time we saw him.  I agreed with Mel B. that Yoli seemed a bit off, but I still gave her some votes.  Didn't like the rest of them.  Angelica was off to me, and I disagreed that they lyrics meant something to her (as Heidi put it).  She's another kid singer who doesn't seem to really understand what she's singing about or be able to connect to the emotion.  Still hate hate hate singing Trump, brother/sister skeevy skaters, Puddles, Preacher, and little kid dancers.  And I don't connect with Bello, although I know a lot of people do.  He just doesn't interest me. 

I agree with Diana Berry that Tyra was much more tolerable tonight vs. the auditions.  She seemed much more sincere and genuine.  And I disagree with Ohwell.  I thought Tyra looked the best she has all season.  I loved the outfit she was wearing.  Different strokes.  :)

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, lor said:

bello nock is exciting. i cant take it anymore with the skating brother and sister  same crap all the time.

darci is fantastic.

Glad they brought Bello Nock back as a Wild Card. I also thought that his performance was exciting.

The brother and sister act...at least dude did not take his shirt off this time. But when he was looking at her after that dip in the end...excuse me while I run to the bathroom to lose my dinner...

I'm certain Puddles Pity Party will be fine. He's kind of like this year's Tape Face. I could be wrong though.

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 3

I loved Darci. The one thing that stands out about her(well, of course her talent stands out!) is that she dresses her age! She looked adorable tonight and her outfit and sneakers were so age appropriate. The one other thing I noticed was how quick on her feet she was. She had answers for what was said and the whole conversation flowed...and that was not rehearsed.  She is so refreshing!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, suebee12 said:

I loved Darci. The one thing that stands out about her(well, of course her talent stands out!) is that she dresses her age! She looked adorable tonight and her outfit and sneakers were so age appropriate. The one other thing I noticed was how quick on her feet she was. She had answers for what was said and the whole conversation flowed...and that was not rehearsed.  She is so refreshing!

Yes, i liked that both kids looked like kids.  She's a sweetheart.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ProAc said:

First act.. Christian was wonderful.. I'm with Simon he's gonna make it through.. Simon forgot he was blind for a long time I guess.. Can you play piano?? Lol 

Well Stevie Wonder lost his sight in infancy, so blind multi-instrumentalists are not unheard of. But I do think Simon could have been more circumspect with how he gave feedback to such a nervous contestant. He should have just stuck with advocating a minimalist production. The mirrors, lasers and loud accompaniment all distracted from Christian's vocals. 

• Love 1

My rankings:

1a. Just Jerk. Yes yes yes. So precise, and in sync, and great choreography. I felt like the blacklight dancing was a little shot at Tyra's Golden Buzzer group (whose name I've forgotten, apologies!).

1b. Preacher Lawson. Dude is funny, great timing, love him. Full body and mouth movements too. Could definitely see him on a 30-minute sitcom.

3. Darci Lynne. As has been said, most people can't sing well normally, and she does it without opening her mouth effortlessly. Also a little bit of comedy in there with the mouse/Seal bit.

4. In The Stairwell. Though I still think they need to do "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" and/or "Danger Zone" at some point, this was a great song choice for them.

5. Yoli Mayor. I dunno, felt like I wanted more? Especially after her first two songs (ESPECIALLY after Simon basically changed her first song for her), I was expecting more and was a little let down. I think she has tons of potential as the judges have said.

6. Bello Nock. I think he stepped it up, it was great to see him back after a Wild Card after he did exactly what Simon asked of him after the audition. Dude is fearless.

7. Puddles Pity Party. A lot of this residual affection from the first two rounds. The sheer shock at him killing "Chandelier" and then doing "All By Myself" just as well as Celine Dion (in my opinion) made me look him up. He already did "Royals" with Postmodern Jukebox, so I was not too surprised there. He did it fine. The thing is that "The Sound of Silence" is the perfect song for him, it's just not too vocally challenging. I almost thought "Mad World" from the background of his tape was better.

8a. Angelica Hale. Could easily see her moving up, I just don't think it was a great song for her.

8b. Christian Guardino. Same with him. I thought he killed his first song, this one was not the same feel. Plus Yoli already did it, and I think did it better, so...

10. Billy and Emily England. I did think this was their best one yet. I just don't know how much more they can do with it. I will say adding in the somersaults during the spinning was awesome.

11. The Singing Trump. Yes, part of it is just because of how I feel about Trump. But this one did have great choreography, great song choices even if his singing/rapping was not on par.

12. Artyon and Paige. I just find the whole young dancing couple thing weird. I do love "Footloose", and can't deny they have talent. I just liked many of the others better, as acts and as people.

So I'd like to see my top 7 to be the ones that move on, but I could easily see Christian or Angelica jump up. Puddles and Trump already kind of have things going, so I'm also fine with them getting cut because of that.

• Love 1

I would say tonight's show was.....uneven.

I would move on:

1.) Darci Lynne: she's really, really gifted at her age for someone doing ventriloquism. It was nice to see her try out a little humor at the beginning that actually wasn't too awkward or forced. If she wins (or is close) I could see Terry Fator reaching out and maybe offering her a little spotlight in his Vegas show (or as any opening act).

2. Just Jerk: Does anybody remember the amazingly named Studio One Young Beast Society? While they weren't the most talented dance crew to ever compete on AGT, they made it all the way to the finale because they understood how to compose routines that really "popped" on TV. I think JJ is like that as well. The timely use of the props is an example of that. I just wish they had a couple of dynamic acrobats in their crew because that's really the only thing they are missing slightly.

3.) Bello: Super happy he got a WC. I almost wished he would've thought up that routine a little differently though. It needed to be 3 distinct sections.....the inside and outside the hamster wheels components were a just a little bit too long and repetitive IMO.

4.) In the Stairwell: To me they are less offensive than some of the rest. And I'm still waiting for Danger Zone from Top Gun too.

5.) Puddles: I'm with Babalooie, Simon's X was completely calculated. But he suffers a bit from the same thing Ira the puppet suffered with. The actual packages they create for him pre-performance are better or more haunting than the actual performance time he's on stage.

6.) Singing Trump: Way more tolerable than the real one. And some desperately needed levity in a season over-saturated with one sob story on top of another.

7.) Pick a singer, any singer. I was massively underwhelmed by Angelica, Christian, and didn't even bother listening to Yoli but I figure the fact that they are all young singers means two or even all three will probably advance.

Thanks for playing along Preacher, creepy kiddie dancers, and the roller-skating siblings.....plus a couple of unnecessary singers hopefully.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 1

I've watched prior seasons, but tonight was my first time watching this year, and I didn't see the whole 2 hours.  

Puddles?  I just don't want to pay money to have someone make me crave anti-depressants.

I enjoyed Just Jerk, because I love acts that show how hard performers work to perfect precision in their acts.

Preacher Lawson was okay, but his topics jumped around too much.  I really laughed at his "picture of himself on his screen saver" portion.

• Love 1

I actually liked all the acts and don't think anyone fell flat on their face, but some just performed better.  But, first...

The Bad....Tyra's outfit looked like a combination of cocaine and the Wizard of Oz. 

Mel B. did look like an XMen character who wasn't through with makeup.  It didn't look terrible, it just seemed inappropriate for this show.

Puddles walking off after performing.  Was it a mistake or was he steamed that Simon buzzed him?

Judges telling voters to vote for some, but not others.

The Good.. Tyra's hair.   It looked cool.

Tyra was actually reasonably good this episode.

Background on many of the acts.   Angelica's maybe the best.

And the talent ratings...

1.  Angelica Hale....wasn't maybe the best song, but it was good.  But, her performance was outstanding.  You look at that little thing and think for sure the nerves will get to her, but she comes out every time and just nails it.  She's starting to remind of what Simon once said of Idol Carrie..."It doesn't matter what you sing, you sound incredible."  She may have the best voice I've ever heard on an under 10 singer.

2.  Darci Lynn....Funny, good singing, overall performance was stellar.   She's a lot of fun to watch.

3.  Bella Nock...surprising to me how much I liked it.  The Live performance gives a little more suspense because you know if there was an accident in the taped show, they would never show it.   I thought he was going to fall twice.

4.  Christian Guardino.... the kid can really sing.  Didn't like his song choice, but it was really good.

5.  Singing Trump....the overall performance was really entertaining and the pants was a nice touch.  

6.  Just Jerk...it was really good.  I just thought their earlier performances were better.

7.  Yoli Mayor....Great voice, but this one seemed to be missing something.

8.  Puddles..   Reasonably good, but not as good a song choice as before.

9.  Artyon and Paige....They did as good as they could do and it was entertaining.

10.  Preacher...he's a funny guy.  The material was okay, but his speeding through the material was disconcerting.

11.  Billy and Emily....It's look good, but we've seen it before.

12.  In The Stairwell...they sing good, but I was bored.

• Love 2

Boy, was this filled with fodder, or what?!  If I were Bello, for example, I'd be thrilled.  He's gonna sail through.  And should.

Puddles and Trump, and Preacher Not Comedian were turrible.  Puddles executed well, but Ameriker will never reward such a downer with a super obscure song.  I will say that production did him a solid.  That was some truly gorgeous staging and excellent framing.  

The little singer was clearly sharp on several occasions.  She can hit some serious octaves, but her phrasing is wildly inconsistent.  No chance she won't go through, alas.

USAFA dudes really did step it up (Pun intended).  I think they'll make it to Semis.

Korean dance troup was very good.  My belief is there is an anti-Asian bias in reality show Ameriker voting.  I doubt they will get through.  I hope they do, though.  I noticed there was not any hint of the recent troubles on that peninsula.  It was allll about Americanism (the dream).  I always enjoy the walk around Highland and Hollywood Blvd. edits.  Perhaps next season, AGT could simply cross the street and recruit from Magic Castle?

8 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

1.) Darci Lynne: she's really, really gifted at her age for someone doing ventriloquism. It was nice to see her try out a little humor at the beginning that actually wasn't too awkward or forced. If she wins (or is close) I could see Terry Fator reaching out and maybe offering her a little spotlight in his Vegas show (or as any opening act).

Bold mine- but this was exactly what I was thinking when I watched her.  She really is amazing.  I have not loved any other act as much as I loved Terry Fator, and now Darci.  I swear I'm not a ventriloquist loving freak, but when it's done really well it's mind boggling.

8 hours ago, Parker said:

Bella Nock...surprising to me how much I liked it.  The Live performance gives a little more suspense because you know if there was an accident in the taped show, they would never show it.   I thought he was going to fall twice

I'm not sure if this what you're referring to, but he purposely looks like he's going to fall to up the reactions from the audience.  Those are calculated wobbles and stuff.

I really liked In the Stairwell.  I thought this was their best performance by far.  I'm a veteran, so I get it, but I wish they would switch up the costuming.  Keep it military-like but do something a bit more showbizzy with them.  I'm not talking sparkles or anything but something a bit more polished.  At least get them altered so they're not so baggy.  I'm not saying sex them way up (although they are good looking men), but I think they could be a bit more polished and still represent the armed services.

• Love 3

I've never had clown issues, but creepy ass Puddles is giving them to me week after week.  Everything about him makes me uncomfortable.

For the first time, I really loved the Air Force guys.  Awesome song choice and execution!

I didn't enjoy Preacher as much this week, but I like his overall vibe a lot, so I hope he advances.  Same for Angelica.

• Love 3

Tonight's lineup.....meh. I really liked In the Stairwell and surprised myself by liking Darci (I didn't like her golden buzzer audition). I also enjoyed Bella Nock and Just Jerk.

I skipped the creepy brother & sister skaters and the 45 impersonator (I just can't with that). 

The other acts do absolutely nothing for me - it was quite a skimmable episode.

• Love 1

The lights are on, the judges are in and Tyra is dressed like a discontinued Monster High doll, YES IT'S TIME FOR THE LIVE SHOWS.

12: Yoli Mayor - Yeah, while I wouldn't say she was anywhere close to being bad, this wasn't anything remarkable in terms of the show either. It's a shame, but it's also about time we start cutting these singers out so...

11: Artyon & Paige - Something terrible happened last night, I found myself enjoying these 2. Blame it on the drop of wine I had earlier or poisonous gas in the air but this was a fun, energetic routine. The girl still gives off a "Honey Boo Boo beauty pageant" vibe at times, but they gave it their all and I really did like them.

10: In the Stairwell - Military, Military, Military. Military? Military! Despite the pandering, these guys would make for a pretty watchable reboot of Glee and they seem to be getting better each time we see them so I have to give them props, It just felt like this had lasted 10 minutes by the time they were done.

9: Christian Guardino - While you could say this wasn't anything remarkable considering the shows history either, I like his voice and he managed to find his way out of that funhouse mirror room they stuck him inside of so that's commendable on its own.

8: Angelica Hale - If you covered my eyes with tape (Tape Eyes, coming to an audition round near you 2018) and told me her age I probably wouldn't believe it. I was familiar with the song before and she gave a a VERY good rendition of it. She'll never be my favourite act, but the girl has pipes.

7: Just Jerk - The timing these guys have is absolutely amazing, they don't even move like individual people, it's like a transforming robot shedding off bits to fool you into thinking it's more than 1 entity. That being said, the stage production and music made them look a bit like every other dance crew on the show and for once Simon is right, they have the potential to show us something we have never seen before. I'm just worried they might not get the chance...

6: Preacher Lawson - I really really like Preacher, but his delivery was a lot better than his material this time around and that's a bit worrying. He just oozes confidence on stage and you can tell he knows how to work the audience, but I only found myself lightly smirking last night. The material needs work, but his character is on point (OFF THE CHAAAAIN?)

5: The Singing Trump - The shtick is definitely starting to get old, but I don't have it in my heart to rank him any lower. He is just too much fun! It's the one act where the off singing and dancing actually adds to the overall effect and I laughed more during his intro package than Preachers performance, so there's that excuse.

4: Puddles Pity Party - "What? Someone that doesn't sound or look exactly like everyone else on the radio right now? ERROR ERROR SIMONCOWELL.EXE IS NOT RESPONDING. *faceplants the buzzer*". I'm not even going to try and hide the fact that I'm overrating Puddles a bit because he is my favourite singer this season, but even I can admit something was lacking today...And I'm not sure what, Royals is one of his most viewed performances on youtube and the one everyone was asking him to do, so it should have worked out perfectlty. Yet his "sad clown" persona got lost in the mix today and everything felt a bit rushed a manic...Still, a buzzer is ridiculous and insulting to just how good of a performer he really is. I'm really worried for him now. It would be a shame if one of the most memorable contestants this season got eliminated this early on, the show just wouldnt be the same without him in the final. *fingers crossed*

3: Billy & Emily England - The limited nature of the act is starting to show just a TINY little bit, but they did enough to impress. They are basically a synchronized dance act at this point...just with roller skates...and tank tops and it's awesome to watch, but like with several other acts this episode I'm worried for their future on this show.

2: Darci Lynne Farmer - Terry Fator would be proud. It's interesting to think how few ventriloquists we actually get on the show and yet how fantastic they all turn out to be. Darci is no exception, she has a voice, a great personality and manages to be funny and seeing as she is the likeliest person to be crowned the winner at the end I have absolutely no objections to any of it.

1: Bello Nock - AND THEY ALMOST LET THIS GUYS GO. I wanted to slap the judges for that, but at least they had the good sense to bring him back and WOW did he deliver. He proved he wasn't a one trick or even a two trick pony with a performance that was funny, exciting, creative and captivating. Guys like him is what the show is all about and I'm already excited to see what he can do next.

This season has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride, but last night was thankfully a smooth ride up. Even with the amount of singers this episode felt varied and fun and just damn great in general. The only thing souring it a little was seeing Puddles get buzzed by Simon, which was almost as bad as when Piers buzzed Poppycock in the finals. And the fact that we somehow have to send 5 acts home now...

I think we can safely throw out Artyon & Paige and probably The Singing Trump. Both fun, but in a strong episode like this they don't really stand a chance. With the amount of singers here Yoli likely got lost in the mix too. And I just have a bad gut feeling about Just Jerk.

If there is any justice in the world, Bello will go through, but knowing how the audience treats danger/circus acts I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the 3 in the [INSERT PROMOTER HERE] save. Hopefully he will be saved by the judges in that case.

Puddles is the one I'm most worried about and that is definitely not something I was expecting. He SHOULD have enough fans to at least get him into the middle 3 and probably win the [INSERT PROMOTER HERE] save, but I can also see that buzzer ruining his chances and him barely missing out, which would be a tragedy big enough to actually justify his usual facial expression.

Darci, Angelica and Preacher are certain locks to go through in my eyes. All of them seem to have a strong fanbase that will surely vote them through. I have a good In The Stairwell will likely be in the top 5 too thanks to those patriot and horny lady votes. 

This leaves Christian Guardino and Billy & Emily England fighting for the last spot and as much as I want and hope it's Billy & Emily that make it, Christian is likely in the top 5 even with a somewhat underwhelming performance.

So my overall predictions for tomorrow:

12. Artyon & Paige

11. Yoli Mayor

10. The Singing Trump.

9. Just Jerk

8. Billy & Emily (lose the judges choice)

7. Bello Nock (wins the judges choice)

6. Puddles Pity Party (dunkin save)

5. Christian Guardino

4. In The Stairwell

3. Preacher Lawson

2. Angelica Hale

1. Darci Lynne Farmer

It should be a VERY interesting (and slightly terrifying) results show.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Frankenstein123 said:

and Tyra is dressed like a discontinued Monster High doll

This is funnier than anything I saw on the show (and spot on).  That said, I hope Darci makes it for sheer talent, and I think In The Stairwell will; either Yoli the (very talented) kid singer will, or the judges will wonder what's wrong with America.

What's wrong with America is that we want kids to have a chance to be kids.  (There are other things, but they aren't pertinent to this show.)  What's right with America is sometimes we get that, and there's only one winner--though maybe Branson has good schools for the performer/kids.

• Love 3

Loved Bello, but I wondered about that piece of equipment he was so great on - how much did it cost?  Is it his, or did he rent/borrow it from the circus inventory?  I'm glad they brought him back.

Darci Lynne deserves to go and go and keep on going through.  About the parade Darci's town threw for her:  did the producers stage that, or were they invited as guests in the hope of giving the town some publicity?  I'm suspicious of everything connected with this show now

Angelica . . . very talented kid, but good kid singers aren't uncommon and I'm tired of them.  Was it her talent or her talent plus age that people were squeeing about?   She'll still have a great voice a few years from now.  I'd hate to see her ruin that voice by using it the wrong way.  (Looking at you, Jackie Evancho, whom I could not stand.)

All Trump comics are funny.  This one was no more or less than the others and I've had it with them too.  He'll go through, but I hope he doesn't.

I hope Puddles and Christian make it.

Preacher Hale didn't make me laugh as much as the first two times, but I'm still on his side.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ProAc said:

First act.. Christian was wonderful.. I'm with Simon he's gonna make it through.. Simon forgot he was blind for a long time I guess.. Can you play piano?? Lol 

Ray Charles?  Stevie Wonder?  Even so, it got on my nerves that Simon tried to get Christian to "step it up" by learning the piano or keyboards!!!  He made the singer feel inadequate.

2 hours ago, Frankenstein123 said:

she is the likeliest person to be crowned the winner

I told my hubby that what would keep Darci from winning would be the fact that a tweener won last year.  I'm looking at you, Grace.

Being a little girl with great pipes is one thing, but you're just standing there singing with a microphone.  I hope an act that puts more energy and risk gets the win; even Puddles Pity Party is original and interesting.  I just can't see Preacher Lawson or Angelica Hale being a top winner.  I agree with Frankenstein123's placements for the most part, but not the wins.  Paige of Artyon & Paige annoyed me and creeped me out even more (if possible) this round.  I see she got the memo about red lipstick. LOL. Artyon is OK dancing by himself or with someone else.

Re: In the Stairwell.  They really did improve their act!  Thought they were good the first time but they really worked on it for this round.  What annoyed me was Mel B.  Mel B is single?  Great!  She's also 42.  Sick chick is lusting after 18-22 year old guys.  I'm glad Simon tried to shut that down.

• Love 1

I'd like to see the skating siblings on a larger stage. I think their act is very limited because of that stage and even though I'm horrified by watching her head almost hit the floor or the edge of the stage, I'm also bored. I realize a bigger stage would take longer to set up and is probably much more expensive and would be difficult for them to travel with, but if they can do all the spinning and near head banging on that little stage, I'd just like them have a larger stage to cross each other in different directions, more and different kind of lifts. I guess I want it to be more like pairs in figure skating on ice.

And Puddles bored me last night, maybe it was me, but most of the show bored me last night. The only thing I thought about the 45 impersonator that was funny was the line about those pants being from Ivanka's line of clothing. I liked Preacher last time, wasn't terribly impressed this time.  

I think Bello Noch was the only one I did like and I don't care for danger acts. I do still want to trim those errant hairs to make them even. I have a bit of OCD and those disturb me.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I'm not sure if this what you're referring to, but he purposely looks like he's going to fall to up the reactions from the audience.  Those are calculated wobbles and stuff.

I'm sure that's true, but accidents can happen in such an act.

2 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:

Being a little girl with great pipes is one thing, but you're just standing there singing with a microphone.  I

Easy to downplay, but not reality.  Very few can sing extremely well in this country, and I don't know what moving has to do with talent.  Are painters, newsmen and poker players not talented? 

2 hours ago, Babalooie said:

I told my hubby that what would keep Darci from winning would be the fact that a tweener won last year.  I'm looking at you, Grace.

I doubt that.   Is anyone voting and saying oh a tweener won last year, let's vote a different age group.  I think people will vote for the act they like the most.

Who will go through....

Angelica and Darci are almost a lock.    Even if the votes were less, the judges would save them.

Christian, the kid can really sing.

Bella Nock...hard to believe he won't be in the top 7.

Yoli Mayor...she can sing, but not her best performance.

The Singing Trump...will be interesting to see if present day events after anything to do with this.

Puddles. 

That was a tough group to pick without really knowing how the voting will go this year and so many acts in this group are so close.  I'm sure to be wrong on at least one...

Who do I hope will go through...

Definitely Angelica and Darci, the two best performances of the night and both have a reasonable chance to win this competition.

Trump, Puddles, Just Jerk, Bella Nock, and Christian round it out for me.

But, I really won't be unhappy with any of them making it to the next round.  No one was really sucky, so it won't be a tragedy for any of them to get through. 

• Love 1

Even though every contestant in my opinion performed well in the general sense, there was still performances that just didn't perform well enough to make it through.

12. Artyon & Paige - These kids are talented and have a bright future waiting for them. They just don't have enough to make it through the next round. Too me they were all over the place. They weren't in sync in some parts of the music. They seemed to be rushing and not really finishing their moves.

11. Puddles Pity Party - Simon was correct in buzzing Puddles! His performance was flat and quite boring actually. After what seemed like 10 minutes, I questioned where he was going with the song. Puddles should continue to be sad.

10. The Singing Trump - I like this act!, I laugh every time he performs. It's just that I don't think he has anything he can do that would be different or wow us. He is not a million dollar act, but  maybe a complimentary one.

9. Billy & Emily England - even though what they're doing is dangerous, I can help thinking I've seen this act too many times already. It's a no go for them!

8. Christian Guardino - He has a great voice but suffers from not having the "it" factor. I forgot about him while writing this post.

7. Just Jerk - This dance troupe is making noise....lots of noise. They might very well go deep in this competition. They also might get lost in the shuffle. Especially since dancing is not a "head liner" act in my opinion.

6. Angelica Hale - This little 9 year old has strong vocals, but the fact that she got a little cocky might turn off some folks. I know it did me! It's alright to have confidence but to say she thinks she has what it takes to make it through...uhh ...no.

5. In The Stairwell - These guys are good! I enjoy their performances and I hope they make it through. Although they might think about tweaking things a bit.

4. Bello Nock - I saw Bello perform this at the circus so I knew what he was doing next. Great job! It was exciting a fun!

3. Preacher Lawson - I didn't like him when he auditioned. I called him a poor man's Eddie Murphy. I still think he tries to act like Murphy's character Axil Foley from Beverly Hills Cop.  But yesterday e won me over! His whole act was funny. He kept me laughing throughout his performance. 

2. Yoli Mayor - I disagree with MelB! I don't think Yoli was missing anything from her performance. She sounded great and has a great voice. Was MelB trying to sway the votes in favor of Angelica Hale? Yoli has a more mature and better voice in my opinion. Maybe it's easier for judges to say "no" to Yoli who is 21 years old than to a 9year old.

1. Darci Lynne farmer - This young girl is the real deal in my opinion! What talent she has! Best act of the night! I can't wait what she does next round.

Some loose ends........

I think it's ridiculous that people can't or won't separate the real Trump from the performer. MelB should get over it and start judging The Singing Trump for his performance. (shaking my head and rolling my eyes!)

Tyra Banks looked nice but at the same time she seemed out of place. Maybe it was the what she was wearing, her makeup, I don't know. I do know she has to go. Come back Nick!!

Here's hoping MelB gets replaced next season.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Parker said:

Easy to downplay, but not reality.  Very few can sing extremely well in this country, and I don't know what moving has to do with talent.  Are painters, newsmen and poker players not talented? 

I doubt that.   Is anyone voting and saying oh a tweener won last year, let's vote a different age group.  I think people will vote for the act they like the most.

You've heard them all?  Being a talented child singer is not rare.  There are plenty of kids in choirs and glee clubs.  I didn't say painters, newsman and poker player are not talented; they haven't had any of them on AGT.  That kiddie dancing duo moved a hell of a lot, but I don't like them.  I love Darci and even her mouth isn't moving when she's singing.  Different strokes.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, CelticBlackCat said:

You've heard them all?  Being a talented child singer is not rare.  There are plenty of kids in choirs and glee clubs

I said extremely well.  Not in choirs and glee clubs.  People that can make a living out of it.

54 minutes ago, CelticBlackCat said:

didn't say painters, newsman and poker player are not talented; they haven't had any of them on AGT.  That kiddie dancing duo moved a hell of a lot, but I don't like them.  I love Darci and even her mouth isn't moving when she's singing.  Different strokes.

Your own words...were just standing there.  Why mention it then?

2 hours ago, rr2911 said:

Maybe it's easier for judges to say "no" to Yoli who is 21 years old than to a 9year old.

They didn't say no to her and America will decide.  But, they did vote and tell a kid they were off the show in an earlier audition.

18 minutes ago, Parker said:

They didn't say no to her and America will decide.  But, they did vote and tell a kid they were off the show in an earlier audition.

What I meant is if the judges have to decide between Yoli and Angelica, I think the judges will choose Angelica because it will be easier to say no to a 21 year old than a 9 year old. Of course this is my opinion nothing more.

for some reason i can't post elsewhere about the live results. i cant believe more people voted for that brother - sister act than bello.the next time thet skate she'll be holding his privates.

its great darci got through

5 hours ago, rr2911 said:

What I meant is if the judges have to decide between Yoli and Angelica, I think the judges will choose Angelica because it will be easier to say no to a 21 year old than a 9 year old. Of course this is my opinion nothing more.

My point was that in an earlier round, they did say no to the young kid.

My top few out of what was presented were Just Jerk and Darci Lynne.  I would keep Yoli, and Christian as the singers.  The little girl, Angelica, can sing. but the songs seem too adult for her or something.   I don't get the whole Puddles thing.  He's too depressing and a middle of the road singer for me.  The brother and sister act is just too "coupley".   Artyon and Paige have talent, but just no.   Am I the only one who thinks Preacher Lawson tries too hard, laughs at himself too much, and just isn't funny?

12.  In The Stairwell...they sing good, but I was bored.

So bored.  I'm totally spoiled by the Pitch Perfect movies and even the show Glee  ... my kids and I keep saying "They need to do a mash-up!"  Singing the one song gets old quickly, since like most people, I have no attention span anymore.

• Love 1

* I agree with almost all the acts going through except Billy and Emily. I thought their performance was a repeat with a little tweaking, but nothing really changed.

* You just know when Angelica Hale gets eliminated she is not going to be able to take it. That's one of the reasons there should be an age limit. As long as Darci Lynne Farmer is in this competition, Angelica with her huge vocals has no chance.

* Glad Puddles is gone. I was bored with his performances.

* How can someone who is beautiful look so unattractive and out of place? Tyra Banks I think is a beautiful woman but whether it's her makeup, what she's wearing, her hair, I don't know, but it's not working! 

* Please replace MelB!

* Please replace MelB!

Until next time......

• Love 4

Other than agreeing that Puddles is gone, I agree with kelslamu and rr2911 and everyone else who thinks likewise.  I enjoyed Puddles and his creativity and acting, and I think he sings well.  I looked him up and he's a nice-looking handsome man!