Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E23: For Better or Worse

maraleia

Rewatching, and did the dirty pastor really say he was going to trade the $25,000 for the *laptop* the stripper pictures were on? What year is this that someone thinks that's how you get rid of photos that could be all over the net?

Another reason to eye roll about this episode which was so lazy and awful, there's nothing about it for me to like, it's weak on every level. Something Marlowe and his good wife churned out in about five minutes flat they knew it didn't really work but then decided oh what the hell that'll do. 

FBFW will go into my top five most disliked episodes of Castle along with Watershed, Hearbreak Hotel, The Limey and Squab. 

Edited by verdana

Dumb. As everyone else has commented, why would Beckett do ANYTHING her ex asked her to do? If he's a known dirtbag (which apparently he was) couldn't she have appealed to the local Sheriff to lock him up (maybe for attempting to steal his stripper girlfriend's laptop or something!) and then demand he sign the papers as a condition of release instead of committing a felony to help him (that's probably an abuse of office, but I can't see him suing)? And that presupposes there is no "Spousal Abandonment" provision in NY State Law allowing for the dissolution of a marriage that neither party has observed for years (I have no idea about the law in this case, but doubt TPTB have either)! But supposing that Beckett didn't know "Getting Married in Vegas means You're Married Everywhere" is utterly ridiculous - I thought about both Penny (Big Bang Theory) and Phebe (Friends), but they were both (intermittently) depicted as ditzy chicks and not competent Law Enforcement Officers.

I'm obviously not a TV character, nor am I particularly romantic, but I would have thought the most important thing to a couple wanting to get married is not the perfect venue, dress or curlicue font on the place cards but that they actually get married. In my version, after all the disasters, once the Decree Nisi is signed* Castle & Beckett head off to Vegas and get hitched immediately (maybe bringing Martha & Alexis along - it's not like Castle can't afford it). You still hold the party in the Hamptons but explain to the guests that "we didn't want anything else to go wrong!" And as for what DID go wrong, I assumed it was the Mobster they arrested THIS episode who arranged the hit - not sure how long the time gap was but if he was as connected as we're meant to believe it isn't hard to believe that he'd could have people on the outside arrange a hit, even though he might be in jail.

* Or however it's termed in NY