Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: This Is a Real Cat and Mouse Chase

• Start Topic

If Korey and Ivana could go so far out of their way and still beat Zed and his dad, there must have been no hope.  Too bad they had to switch detours. The bling one seemed to take much longer. It's frustrating when they seem inherently lopsided.

I didn't really want anyone eliminated but not realizing they couldn't talk during the silent puppet show was a big enough mistake that I felt ok about the elimination since it had to be someone. But on the other hand I could have resigned myself to seeing Korey and Ivana go if her back had been the cause. Not because I dislike them, but because at least it would be a fair reason to be out.

I was happy for the brother and sister and I hope the team who lost their clue doesn't double-cross them gratuitously if they need help. 

What a rough couple of days for the contestants. That's a lot of travelling and physical demands, and even mentally trying to stay sharp, for all of them. I hope they all were able to get some sleep on the way home.

Great prize that the bro and sis won for coming in first. They're a good pair. TARC has such great challenges. After this many years, the show still maintains my interest with how they conduct the race.

• Love 1

I was sorry to see Zed and his dad get eliminated, but every leg can't be a non-elimination leg, so someone had to go.  They must have been really far behind Korey and Ivana, because when in the cab, Ivana mentioned thinking they were in last place because they hadn't seen anyone else. So I took that to mean they'd finished the Bling task before the others arrived. So I was pretty confident they'd get to the mat first, despite the fact that they apparently had been driven 60 minutes in the wrong direction.

• Love 1

Typo, it's episode 5. :)

Anyway, glad the taxis didn't decide this as it threatened at points, with the two bad taxis the penultimate team got.

Otherwise it was a good leg apart from the surfing task looking clearly quicker than the bling one.  Not the first lopsided detour.

The team that lost the clue were lucky this isn't very cut-throat, because another team really didn't have to give them that information, and you could argue shouldn't have.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 1

Bummer! I really liked Zed and Shabbir. (And either I didn't know or I completely forgot that he had been so sick just a few years ago. Good for him for kicking cancer's ass!) But they failed Race 101: Read the clue! I can understand that killer fatigue had probably kicked in for all the teams, that was a long, brutal travel leg, but after the 2nd time you say "I don't know what we're doing wrong", read the damn clue again!

The 2 guys (aka the polite but boring team who I keep forgetting are even there) are damn lucky they found their tickets and that another team was willing to help them with the clue.  I really like the bro & sis so I hope that decision doesn't come back to haunt them.

I really appreciate that TAR Canada didn't feel the need to cast the usual "fighting couple" just for drama. That is one typical casting spot that I am not missing one bit! 

• Love 3

I was so happy that the brother/sister team won this leg of the race!  I really like the sibling team dynamic, especially brother/sister, which you don't see as often.  As someone who's close to my own brother, it's really great to see another sibling pair who's also very close and supportive.

It's a shame about Zed and Shabbir, who I also really liked.  They seem like such a close father/son team, and I really thought they'd make it to the end. 

I didn't particularly care for the leg design on this one, at least the first half of it. The episode was almost 20 minutes in before any tasks (other than the FF) appeared that were more than "go here." Hard on the racers, I'm sure, especially with no pit stop, but pretty dull to watch.

The fatigue must have played a role in Zed and Shabbir's massive brain fart. I can understand missing a subtle nuance in a clue (although as Rachel RSL says, after a few times of screwing up, reread the thing really carefully), but that don't talk instruction was set off in its own paragraph, with bold, italic, capitalized text. There is NO excuse for missing that. Especially for 8 tries of something.

And man, Korey and Ivana have clearly seriously pissed off the taxi gods. I don't think any season that I've watched has had a team have such consistently awful results with cabs. They are seriously lucky Z&S were as far behind as they were. They've done impressively well, though, considering their terrible cab luck, so I suspect they'd be a real force to be reckoned with if they could solve that issue. Especially if she can get her back to cooperate. As it is, between the taxi luck and her back, it kind of feels like they're on borrowed time.

• Love 1

Once again, what is the purpose of Canadianization? Why going to Montreal Smoked Meat restaurant only to get a clue? 

My ear hurts each time I hear a male racer says, "kap khun kaa". That is for female. Male says, "kap khun khap".

Zed just seems like one of those dad's who is so friendly he can't not talk.  He was adding all those sound affects, laughing into the puppet show because he really thought it was making it better. They should have read the clue carefully, but when they did I think it was still difficult for him to be quiet lol. I am sorry to see them go.  I don't like physically powerful teams that get all whiney because things don't go their way or they start having a body issue (back pain),  At least Ivana isn't screechy like that horrible woman from last season.

After I spent the first two episodes working out who was who, I decided the cousins were going to be my team...and out they went in Episode Three. So I swap my allegiance to Zed and his dad...yeesh; at least I got a double leg before they were booted. I'm really living up to my user name's reputation. I don't dare mention who I'm cheering for now. 

It seemed a little random that one team member could make both cups in the pottery challenge two episodes ago but both had to do the surfing one  [I'm mostly annoyed 'cause Zed did it so fast]  At least Shabbir got one of his Dad jokes used as the episode's title.

That fall Ginger Boyfriend took on the way to Jon looked like it really hurt. 

Edited by cousin oliver
40 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

It was so Canadian that, in the middle of a race as both teams are battling it out to get to Jon, the other team stopped to make sure he was ok. I loved that!  I'm glad they got there first, if it had been a battle for last, it would suck to be eliminated because you had the decency to stop and make sure another Racer wasn't hurt.

43 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

I don't dare mention who I'm cheering for now. 

Don't root for the bro & sis, Ollie! In fact, try to full-on hate them ;)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

I know! I think I actually gasped. He doesn't appear to have hit his face/head, thank goodness, but I'm guessing he's going to have some mighty colourful knees over the next few days.

• Love 1
On 8/3/2017 at 0:18 AM, muffkins said:

Aw, I'm going to miss my eye candy.  Zed can take his shirt off around me any time.  And Shabbir was just cool, I wish he was my dad.

While they were being eliminated my husband remarked, "Zed is someone I could see myself hanging out with - would you be cool with that?" I said yes, but that we would need to get a pool and invite Zed over all.the.time. :-)

• LOL 1