Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: The Newest Food Network Star

• Start Topic

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, cooksdelight said:

She's that dumb and loves any attention. Any. TV famewhore in the making.

Cooksdelight, it's all JLo's fault. J/K  Every girl saw her hit Hollywood, make millions, and sleep with whomever she wants, and they all want to be Jennifer Lopez, Jrs.  So, if they have to start out on a "cooking" show, so be it.  It's exposure.  We "elderly" (over 30) have to grin and bear it while they follow their dreams.  Now, Ms. Detroit "Mama" has bragging rights for being tomorrow's star with her start on our previously beloved FOOD Network!  It's the same reason TPTB put pathetic Tray into the mix.  He was gay and shy and so hopeful.  They showed the poor kid a few times, then tossed him aside.  Still, the sweet guy kept smiling and may have felt that he, too, was now on the path to immortality.  The powerful and the suckers are creating "entertainment" these days.  Enough philosophy for one post.

It was fun reading the tweets that Cory put up on Twitter, but he's so busy opening Parish, his latest new restaurant, that he doesn't have a lot of time to spend with his fans.  In the meantime, Jason {"Lord Honey") has been tweeting like mad,  answering baking questions and posting recipes.  There's a lot more to Jason than  simply Kentucky sayings.  The guy is a legitimate farmer with acres of land to take care of, crops to sell, plus his bakery.  I don't know how he gets everything done.  He will co-anchor a baking competition along with Marcela Valledolid in September sometime.  Jason is a giver and believes in helping others  as much as possible.  I'm very impressed by him.

• Love 7
On 9/8/2017 at 0:19 PM, Lura said:

It was fun reading the tweets that Cory put up on Twitter, but he's so busy opening Parish, his latest new restaurant, that he doesn't have a lot of time to spend with his fans.  In the meantime, Jason {"Lord Honey") has been tweeting like mad,  answering baking questions and posting recipes.  There's a lot more to Jason than  simply Kentucky sayings.  The guy is a legitimate farmer with acres of land to take care of, crops to sell, plus his bakery.  I don't know how he gets everything done.  He will co-anchor a baking competition along with Marcela Valledolid in September sometime.  Jason is a giver and believes in helping others  as much as possible.  I'm very impressed by him.

Good to hear this about Jason.  I always had the impression we were seeing the tip of the iceberg so to speak with him, that there was much, much more beyond the "Lord, Honey" persona.

• Love 5

Agreed... that's awesome to hear about Jason. I wish FN would've focused on that, rather than focusing on the hokey stuff. A show about life on a farm (a real working farm, NANCY) would be something we don't see too often, and could actually be informative. I might even watch a show with him on his farm, and visiting other farmers, and then sitting down over a true farm-to-table dinner. Since FN is obsessed with road trip shows, maybe something like that would work.

• Love 4
On 8/15/2017 at 1:20 PM, rab01 said:

I watched some of Hannah Hart's show last night and it is so incredibly bland - it's exactly like Carnival Bites and Katie Lee's show and everyone else who travels around trying food but doesn't have the revolting charisma of Guy Fieri. I'm actually a fan of Hart's comedy on youtube and her "jokes" on this show fell so flat that they didn't even succeed as self-parody.

GOD I cannot stand her or her over the top reactions when she takes a bite of food !!!!!!

• Love 2

Hannah needs to hart back to the Internet.

And take her commercials with her.  They seem to be on constantly and they're enough to make me avoid this show like the plague.  Also her haircut.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mlp said:

And take her commercials with her.  They seem to be on constantly and they're enough to make me avoid this show like the plague.  Also her haircut.

I am glad to know I'm not alone in this.  Cannot wait till I don't see or hear her on my tv.  Can't get to the mute button fast enough.  She is beyond annoying.  Please tell me her episodes are done and there won't be anymore. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, mlp said:

Concede! I watched her show a couple of weeks ago and I stopped because of what exactly you guys are saying.

• Love 1

Unfortunately the last time I looked her ratings were pretty good.  Not that I want her to fail or anything but I guess all that incessant advertising pays off.  Speaking of which, they never advertised their "Food Network Star" winners shows anywhere near as much.  Makes me wonder why some people get all the press and others don't.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, chessiegal said:

Hart's show was the lowest rated of new FN shows that aired last week.

You know I checked that and noticed it myself after I posted that.  Her ratings went down after the premiere.  I'm not surprised as it is truly awful.  So the advertising only works to get people curious.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

You know I checked that and noticed it myself after I posted that.  Her ratings went down after the premiere.  I'm not surprised as it is truly awful.  So the advertising only works to get people curious.

There was not enough advertising in the world to make me tune in.

• Love 2
On 9/21/2017 at 9:01 AM, chessiegal said:

Hart's show was the lowest rated of new FN shows that aired last week.

Up until that episode it held its own, I wonder what caused the steeper drop. Either way I would still renew it and place it right behind new episodes of DDD on Fridays.

• Love 1

You know, I had the tv on and her show came on... "out on a lamb" is bad enough on every commercial, but she makes the same kind lame (lamb! - ha!) puns all through the show. Or, in any case, throughout as much as I could watch because I turned it off.

Bringing it back to Jason and the Next Food blah blah, Pioneer Woman shows us life on a working ranch, which is pretty close to a working farm. I'd be ok with the premise you came up with, ivygirl, but I could do without the "up before dawn and working hard past sunset" yammer we sometimes get from Pioneer Woman, like those are the only people who work hard.  I mean, overall, I'm fine with Ree because she doesn't go overboard with it, but I could see it happening on a farm-centric show.

Edited by OneWouldHope
  • Love 2
On 9/25/2017 at 5:13 AM, OneWouldHope said:

Bringing it back to Jason and the Next Food blah blah, Pioneer Woman shows us life on a working ranch, which is pretty close to a working farm. I'd be ok with the premise you came up with, ivygirl, but I could do without the "up before dawn and working hard past sunset" yammer we sometimes get from Pioneer Woman, like those are the only people who work hard.  I mean, overall, I'm fine with Ree because she doesn't go overboard with it, but I could see it happening on a farm-centric show.

Yeah I guess I hadn't really thought of the crack o' dawn aspect :)  I think there are plenty of hipster farmers who might consider 9 AM "early" ;)

Edited by ivygirl
Tired and not making much sense
  • Love 1

I just noticed they are playing more recent episodes of "Best Thing I Ever Ate" on the Cooking Channel, and I saw Tragic On Fleek and Oh Honey on the two I've watched so far.  I guess occasional stints on that will be where FN stars go to die.