Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Who Wants a Pilot?

• Start Topic

The three remaining finalists are in for a shock when they learn that a previously eliminated finalist is reentering the competition after winning Star Salvation on FoodNetwork.com. With the help of former finalists, the last four competitors must cook the dish of their lives for the privilege of making a pilot. Former Food Network Star winner Eddie Jackson is back to help select the three finalists, who then shoot pilots directed by none other than Guy Fieri!

“I have no life because this is my life.” If Matthew doesn’t win this, he’s a shoo-in for season one of America’s Next Top Poet Laureate.

I’m really hoping The Adventures of Lord Honey and Mountain Baklava will be David Lynch’s next project.

Rusty’s not confident about Manlove working with his balls. We’ve all been there.

Are the editors snarking with us by showing a picture of Rusty hunting (like, with guns) while he says he and his late father used to hunt for boudain? Even if sausage grew on trees (Lord Honey I wish it did—big’n’thick ones!),  I’m not sure shooting it would be very productive.

From the way he describes it, you’d think Matthew started working in restaurants about the time Giada cut her arctic white chandelier of baby teeth.

“Jason is very natural about making a connection between his life and [his love of nuts].” That’s what Matthew really meant to say, Lord Honey!

On a similar note, after Bobby said he wasn’t going to drive after eating Jason’s pie, I was hoping he’d add that he might, though, commit some light adultery before the end of the evening. I guess brutal honesty is more of a Gordon Ramsay thing.

Rusty’s delivery runs the gamut from scream to loudly holler. He does it pie style. Also, his gestures during his pilot were a glorious tribute to Nelson Mandela’s funeral.

“I brought everything that I learned over the last ten weeks.” So, shrieking, ridiculous gestures, inability to speak fluently, inability to look at the camera, not cooking anything, and taking a bite of beef and calling it “tender.” Wow, they really do great things on this show. FNS for Nobel Peace Prize.

“This is a second date taco” is “the most organic close.” Thank you, William Somerset Fieri.

“I collect roosters.” Is that some kind of euphemism?

Overall, this episode was not as ridiculous as I hoped, but Matthew’s single tear moved me—literally. It made me stand up and get another beer.

• Love 16

Our long national nightmare is finally over... lol

Then again there's always MasterChef..would love to see how Gordon,Christina and Aaron react to him

• Love 1

In real life, I am a nice, empathetic person, but I cackled like a cartoon witch when Matthew was cut.  I honestly believe he is better than Rusty, but I'm sure they couldn't risk him doing a better pilot than Cory or Jason.  So may as well cut Matthew now, because let's get real...Rusty seems like a great guy, but not a great Food Network Star so he's not likely to beat the other two.  Matthew might have.

11 minutes ago, Aerobicidal said:

“I collect roosters.” Is that some kind of euphemism? 

LOL...I unapologetically love Jason, but that made me laugh!

Edited by Marmiarmo
Spelling
  • Love 13

Well, wow.  I haven't liked Matthew any better than anyone else but I thought he did much, much better than Rusty.  I was actually shocked when he was eliminated and I felt a bit sorry for him fighting back tears during his final comments.  The cynic in me says that the producers have decided on either Jason or Cory for the win and they wanted the third person standing to be someone they could count on to be third.

I hate when they do things so transparently phony as calling friends who just happen to be immediately available and agreeable to being on TV.  Interesting that they didn't call anyone in Kentucky.

Giada was obviously fond of Jason.  She looked at him like she actually liked him as opposed to just going through the motions.  

I thought Guy's "help" and comments came across as phonier than whatever the contestants were doing/saying.

• Love 20

It will be interesting to see the final cuts of the pilots after what we were shown tonight.  I enjoy Jason, but Guy was right to call him out over too many honeys.  

I loved seeing Zac Brown make an appearance!   I also liked that it was said up front that Guy and Rusty have a prior history.

Cory seemed more at ease and less pretentious.

And I felt sorry for Matthew.  I still think he will turn up somehow for FN.  I have watched every season and do not recall ever seeing any contestant as invested in the competition as he has been.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, suebee12 said:

OK, we have been riding Matthew all season but I actually felt sorry for him. It is true that we still don't know anything about him but his presentation was a million times better than Rusty's. Speaking of Rusty, how the heck did he win a pilot? He was YELLING at me the whole time and I was really worried that he was going to have either a stroke or a heart attack right in front of my eyes! His face was so red I was sure his blood pressure was so elevated it wasn't funny. I am pretty sure that he will be gone early and it will be between Jason and Cory. Guess we will have to wait and see.

I have a theory. It could be bunnies. Wait, wrong show.

I think the producers figured out there's far too much hatred of Matthew to let him win or even make a pilot and end up a rotating judge on the network somewhere. Too many people want to see him go down. So they give the people what they want, Matthew getting his comeuppance, right after he reminded us how long he's worked for this and how badly he wants it.  The last person shot down before pilots. The villagers cheer. Then he cries. We lower our pitchforks a hair and think, "oh that almost makes me feel bad for him. He did work really hard." Then a year from now when he starts to pop up randomly on FN, more of us are inclined to think "well good for him, I guess" than "ugh, I hate that guy!"

Edited by Gbb
  • Love 13
36 minutes ago, Marmiarmo said:

In real life, I am a nice, empathetic person, but I cackled like a cartoon witch when Matthew was cut.  I honestly believe he is better than Rusty, but I'm sure they couldn't risk him doing a better pilot than Cory or Jason.  So may as well cut Matthew now, because let's get real...Rusty seems like a great guy, but not a great Food Network Star so he's not likely to beat the other two.  Matthew might have.

I did it like Data when Matthew got kicked off.

Data-gif.gif

I can't wait to hear the reports from his Facebook page.  I know it's mean, but that little entitled brat deserves all the derision he gets.

Go Cory!

• Love 12

As for the pilots, I thought they all did pretty well, and I thought Guy's "Cut!"s were mostly bogus (except for Rusty's intros and the first time he told Cory he was too polished). I'll be perfectly happy if either Jason or Cory win, unlike last year when I was pretty much guaranteed to be unhappy about the winner. I hope and suspect we'll be seeing both Jason and Cory around FN in th coming years, but I could be wrong. Maybe they see something in Rusty that I don't. I was pretty shocked about him getting the 3rd pilot slot, but I've already expounded my theory on that one. 

Oh!! And, EDDIE!!!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Edited by Gbb
  • Love 4

Rusty makes me very uncomfortable. I couldn't watch him and I really doubt he has any chance at all of winning. But Jason annoys me. His expressions are too over the top. Less is more. Not sure Corey has what it takes, but he's easier on the eye and less annoying than the others. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, SSAHotchner said:

Rusty makes me very uncomfortable. I couldn't watch him and I really doubt he has any chance at all of winning. But Jason annoys me. His expressions are too over the top. Less is more. Not sure Corey has what it takes, but he's easier on the eye and less annoying than the others. 

Rusty makes Guy Fieri look thin, shy and retiring.  That's quiet the feat.  And not sure one I'd want to see on even a semi-regular basis.  Plus, his food isn't that great.

I'm not much of a baker, but I'd watch Jason, because he seems to have really delicious, and fairly uncomplicated desserts that are not the same-old same-old.  I could go for that. 

But Cory's the one I want to see cook.  I think he's a true chef, and has a bit to teach those of us who are fairly good cooks, too.  I'd watch him stand and stir, in fact, I'd go so far as to record that show.

• Love 10

Matthew should do some kind of social media thing for Food Network. He's such a smug, entitled little creep, but he's good on camera... although they just brought in Hannah Hart for a show. Maybe he could do something confined to an online audience?

Rusty sucks. He yells. His cooking is middling at best. 

Jason makes me smile and Cory can cook, so I'm fine with either of them, since they probably won't get a show anyway :(

• Love 6

I don't feel sorry for Matthew - His big crocodile tears don't fool me.  I think this is just exactly the way things were supposed to go down for him, and he knew that in advance.  I could have predicted that he would go home right at this point.  Of course he would have to be eliminated before the pilots were made if he is truly a plant, which I now think is even more than obvious than before.  Of course he did better than Rusty yet still got eliminated.  He wasn't supposed to remain even if he was better.  Winning this show is not his path to stardom - He has other ways of getting there.  Just being on this show is getting him noticed, and that's all he needed.  He's already "won" in his mind.

Cory for the win!

• Love 5

Had we not seen Matthew in all his snotty glory, here and on Cutthroat Kitchen, I wonder if we'd still feel as strongly about him...

Anyway, go Cory. I can't believe Jason used that "butter my butt" line... seems trite and out of Central Casting, even for him.

32 minutes ago, Gbb said:

I'll be perfectly happy if either Jason or Cory win, unlike last year when I was pretty much guaranteed to be unhappy about the winner. 

Oh!! And, EDDIE!!!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Ha, I was thinking that last year's winner WAS Eddie. I totally forgot who the finalists were, that's how memorable last year was :p

• Love 3

Penny Davidi version 2.0 was horrible to watch.  You just knew her name was in that bag twice.  I cannot believe she didn't improve one iota after she was eliminated and then bumbled around the kitchen so poorly even editing couldn't save her.

I was surprised Matthew got the boot.  I guess if we are at pilots then his job is done though...no sense in investing time in a pilot that they know won't come to fruition.  Rusty isn't even a logical threat though...they really should have edited him in the "improvement" zone instead of stuttering, stopping, mumbling and staring.

I was a bit torn on who would be the winner.  Lord Honey seemed like the obvious choice if they want a talking head...Cory is tempting since he is a "real" chef....that would be nice on the FOOD network.....but ya know....

• Love 5
14 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Penny Davidi version 2.0 was horrible to watch.  You just knew her name was in that bag twice.  I cannot believe she didn't improve one iota after she was eliminated and then bumbled around the kitchen so poorly even editing couldn't save her.

I can't believe I forgot about that. I'd have been FURIOUS at Suzanne if I were Jason. Not only couldn't she complete the simplest tasks (go get vanilla bean) but she explicitly ignored him when he told her to let the alcohol finish burning off. "This doesn't look right to me so I'm going to ignore what the finalist told me and turn it off early." Argh. And it made a difference. They all reacted to the strong bourbon taste. I mean Jason would have had to really crash and burn not to make the final 3, but still infuriating. 

Speaking of the sous chefs, I was pretty impressed with Kao's knife skills when she was chopping herbs for Cory. My cuts are never that tiny and even. 

Edited by Gbb
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, jackjill89 said:

Matthew should do some kind of social media thing for Food Network. He's such a smug, entitled little creep, but he's good on camera... although they just brought in Hannah Hart for a show. Maybe he could do something confined to an online audience?

The Discovery Network is in the process of purchasing FN's parent network, Scripps. In their press release the said that one of the things they wanted to concentrate on is their short form online content. 

So you might be onto something there.

I don't really care enough, one way or another, about these contestants. So I didn't really care about this episode.

• Love 3

Awesome!  Better than Super Bowl LI!!!  More epic than the first lunar landing!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody had better put together an animated GIF of Matthew's face at The Table of Doom Announcement.

Edited by spiderpig
The last lunar landing wasn't epic enough.
  • Love 1

Suzanne felt like one of those tricks they used to spring on contestants, like a machine not working.  Jason deserved to go through just for that.  I know they probably have pre-determined finalists/winners...or at least a good sense...but even I, who thinks Matthew is annoying as hell, have a hard time going with them selecting Rusty over him for a pilot.

As for the winner, Cory is probably the best for cooking but Jason would probably provide the most fun for traveling segments--which, let's face it, is what this channel has become.

• Love 5

Matthew getting cut instead of Rusty really ticked me off.  RUSTY?!?!?!  He cooked a poor meal (one that his daddy and grand-pappy used to cook with him all the time--yet he STILL didn't get it right) and he froze on camera and dissolved into a blubbering mess.  And yet, they booted Matthew.  Obviously, they weren't going by skills alone on THAT decision! 

Matthew must have really made a poor impression on TFN staff as a human being for him to have been kicked off instead of a contestant so demonstratively worse at everything than him.  I guess the old saying, "what goes around comes around", is really true in this case.  Still, though, based on pure skills in cooking and presenting. Matthew should have made it to the finals, I think. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Gbb said:

I can't believe I forgot about that. I'd have been FURIOUSLY at Suzanne if I were Jason. Not only couldn't she complete the simplest tasks (go get vanilla bean) but she explicitly ignored him when he told her to let the alcohol finish burning off. "This doesn't look right to me so I'm going to ignore what the finalist told me and turn it off early." Argh. And it made a difference. They all reacted to the strong bourbon taste. I mean Jason would have had to really crash and burn not to make the final 3, but still infuriating. 

Speaking of the sous chefs, I was pretty impressed with Kao's knife skills when she was chopping herbs for Cory. My cuts are never that tiny and even. 

Thanks for saving me some typing, GBB.  That dunce Suzanne couldn't find vanilla beans when Jason told her specifically where to look for them?  And then ignored his instruction to let the bourbon cook off.  She must have been paid under the table by Matthew.

I was making dinner for Mr. pig while watching this ep, and I wish I had Cao's knife skills.  Mine landed me in Urgent Care once.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Gbb said:

Suzanne if I were Jason. Not only couldn't she complete the simplest tasks (go get vanilla bean) but she explicitly ignored him when he told her to let the alcohol finish burning off.

I thought Jason was full of shit. You can burn off the necessary alcohol without such a high flame. 

• Love 2

I know that everyone who judges Jason thinks he's so adorable and real , but I find him fake and playing a character. I do not see him as authentic.

Everything from Jason's goofy outfits , his over top sayings and his overdone accent and will not come off as real over time .  He is reminding me of Paula Deen when she morphed into a cartoon southern woman.

Cory is a good cook , but he reminds me of a controlled Mathew in some ways . He also  seems to have to try to be real. 

Rusty can be a hot mess, but he seems the most likable and authentic.  It's too bad he screws up, because unlike huckleberry Jason, he's southern without being a cony character, and overdone .

Mathew is just hopeless and kind of pathetic. He can cook,  and he can do decent camera presentations, but he's like a child who had no self awareness.  I do have a feeling that he will be somewhere on FN .

• Love 8

I like all three of the gentlemen who are left in the competition.  They all have something to offer IMO.  

Cory comes across as a bit pretentious though and not as down to earth as Rusty and Jason.  

Unlikely as this is to say, I'm very glad they continue to pull Guy into this. It's really the best coaching anyone gets in the series now. Yes, in this cut we saw "rehearsed, not natural" too many times. But he knows how to make a show, from the basics of positioning to the subtleties of authenticity.  I was impressed with his advice in past seasons and happy to see him here too.

Matthew might as well have had a "villain" sign hanging around his neck the whole series. It was obvious why they brought him back, obvious why they kept him when he was interfering with others, and obvious why this is the point where he was cut. That's reality TV I guess. He is good presenter and a decent chef, and if he matures in a few years and I accidentally stumbled on him presenting somewhere, I might not mind. He brings to mind Marcel Vigneron, who was immature and annoyed all the others in his season of Top Chef but seems much more likable these days.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Marmiarmo said:

EXACTLY my theory as well! I think they finally realized how much pure hatred there was for Matthew among their potential viewing public and as he WAS improving, they couldn't take the chance that he would outshine Cory and Jason (I just CANNOT see Rusty making it to final two ... actually, can't remember if there even IS a final two or they just go right to finals with three). 

I forgot to say Rusty is a heart attack just waiting to happen.  Not sure he could tolerate the stress of being a Food Network person.

Also, more than one person has mentioned the immaturity and know it all personality of Matthew.  I think Bobby Flay was much like this when he first got started.  He has mellowed with age and experience.  I actually enjoy Beat Bobby Flay.

• Love 2

I think Cory is probably an excellent chef and he's handsome and manly and all that if you like his type (I find him forgettable and bland) and I don't think they have anyone really like that on the FNS ... well, at least no one in his specific "slot" because <3 <3 <3 my secret heart Eddie <3 <3 <3 is handsome and manly AND chock full of personality). 

I suspect they want him to win it (I know people here can reel right off to me who has won after being eliminated, sent to Salvation Station or whatever it's called and coming back at the last minute but offhand I can't recall -- I know Kristen Kish did it on Top Chef). I still think Cory is a deer in the headlights waiting to happen. A chef who wants to get famous but maybe a TV show isn't the right venue for that. He should have done Top Chef or something (to clarify: I mean HAVING a TV show of his own maybe isn't the right venue, as opposed to being on TV to get famous ... with Top Chef he'd have his more famous restaurant. Clear as mud?)

I'm still Team Jason, even if may have been a tiny bit over the top with this Jasonisms this week ... because I think he's real and funny and that's his true personality, like it or lump it (my mom's term), PLUS I absolutely love what he COOKS. I also love that he's a school cafeteria manager in "real life." 

I can't see Rusty winning. I can't believe he keeps making it through. I think, as others have said, that they keep him around so that if one of their chosen falters they can always go to the Rusty bin and find many reasons to cut him instead even if he wasn't technically the worst that week. 

I'll accept it if Cory wins but I can't imagine watching a show with him. Eat in his restaurant, yes. Watch him? Not unless I'm sleepless at 4 a.m. and out of Ambien. He makes a good substitute. 

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
To clarify
  • Love 3

Whether, as has been suggested, the entire Matthew trajectory was a set-up from day one to play on the audience's emotions, or it was all for real, and they actually cut the kid at the penultimate moment knowing he'd burst into tears, this was some mean shit.  

Matthew may be cocky and overeager, but neither of these is the cardinal sin in food entertainment.  That would be boring, and few contestants I've ever seen on FNS rival Rusty for that. 

Suzanne and Nancy are the the poster-children for this season:  inept and annoying.  Suzanne especially makes me long for the days of Danushka.  

Cory was only marginally more interesting on camera.  I'd love to eat at his restaurant, I bet I'd even like him as a person, but he's strictly Ken Dolls Recite Recipes in front of a camera.

All of which leaves only Jason--who I like very much, and enjoy watching in spite of his being "Honey One Note."  I think, out of the realm of this increasingly dumb show, he'd bring greater diversity to his on-air persona, and could teach us about a wide variety of ingredients and techniques.  There's an ugly stereotype about the region he hails from: Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia...  Think Deliverance.  Jason has the ability to bring much-needed respect and appreciation for the wonderful people and culinary gems of this region.  My favorite moment in this episode was when they showed us a photograph of his lush, green farm.  In that one moment, I felt like I got a window into a whole world that Jason inhabits about which we know only the surface.  

• Love 13

Matthew did not "burst into tears. " Indeed, he did a yeoman-like job at keeping them in. In retrospect, it seems he was toyed with. 

Rusty is just an over-rated Big Person who is a blustering, charmless, dull, loud bumbler. How many times did he say "Maggie, " including AFTER being corrected?? What does he offer an audience, besides nothing? 

And Cory needs to know his potential audience. Take the ingredient descriptions down a notch.  

Jason went a "Honey" too far for Guy. Yes, Heaven forfend a TV Chef have a catch-word. That would be off the hook! Bam! ?

So whose show would I watch for real? For the pretty, Cory.  For the food, Jason. 

• Love 3

I haven't really watched this show much since the old days of Le Tush and The Fog....it wasn't a very good show then but good god it's horrible now! These are the best people they could come up with?!? I know that Jason is pretty comfortable on camera and a lot of people like him, but for some reason he squicks me out a little. I don't know why. It always seems like he's 'on' too much. As much as Guy turns a lot of people off, he IS a natural on camera, and I personally think he is a pretty good host on Triple D. He doesn't annoy me for some reason. I actually think the show would be much better if Guy was coaching people all along so the contestants actually got real advice on HOW to improve. I think it would be a lot more interesting to see how much better they could become with real coaching rather than being subjected to Flay's smug faces, eye rolls, and criticisms. Seems to me a lot of Flay's vote depends on whether he personally likes the contestant or not. Admittedly I have not seen every season in it's entirety, but I seem to remember Flay giving what seemed like preferential treatment to people like Aaron McCargo and Melissa D'Arabian. You could tell that Flay obviously did not care for Matthew. In other news, Giada is still annoying.... Felt slightly bad for Matthew because it seems like out of all the contestants his life goal is to be a TV chef. But unfortunately he doesn't have the personality or gravitas for it. He is just an immature and annoying. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if he is gay?

Edited by Joan van Snark
  • Love 1

I think Jason was better on the baking championship.  Now it seems as though he found out his little persona helped him win, so he is overdoing it.  It seems a bit forced and like it's so exaggerated.

I don't see Jason's folksy personality helping the image of southerners. If anything, like Paula, he is acting like a stereotype.

Even Damaris with her nasal, twangy voice at times can be irritating.  

I also find Damiano who is everywhere now annoying.

I know FN likes people who "stand out", but sometimes it's nice to just have a good chef who    is good on camera, and stop with the little gimmicks.

• Love 7

Bonjour =buongiorno

Cloche = cloak

Magee's = Maggie's

Rusty = idiot

Matthew was robbed.  I dislike him, but he was robbed.  Rusty can't even string words together properly, even those he knows how to pronounce.

I don't know who Zac Brown is and I don't care.  But I feel like Rusty was given the pilot so the show had an excuse to have him on.  And what sort of superpower does he have over Rusty where that brief little pep-talk turned Rusty around?  So fake.  And did I miss something or is Rusty a member of the band?  Isn't he their cook?  Why then was he going on about the pilot being like cutting a demo?  Does he have much experience cutting demos? 

Jason actually uttered the phrase, "Butter my butt and call me a biscuit!" when he saw Guy.  Slap my face and whistle Dixie, but that ain't no surprise, honey.  Guy's been directing the "pilots" for what seems like forever now.  I hate Jason and all his sayings.  I hate how all he has to do is show up and all the judges are grinning for ear-to-ear and going on about his 'wonderful personality.'  There's a big editing problem for me because I'm missing all the wonderful personality.  I see zany shirts and I hear lots of 'honey' and 'sweet baby Jesus' and I hear a lot of folksy sayings, but I'm missing the wonderful personality.  Even during his talking heads, Jason seems like a bitch.  It's probably his to lose.

Cory is missing something for me.  Just don't like him either.  And I hate his new haircut. 

I have no one to root for.  I guess it's Cory for me, by default, because he annoys me the least.  Go, Cory!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Aquarius said:

Jason actually uttered the phrase, "Butter my butt and call me a biscuit!" when he saw Guy.  Slap my face and whistle Dixie, but that ain't no surprise, honey.  Guy's been directing the "pilots" for what seems like forever now.  I hate Jason and all his sayings.  I hate how all he has to do is show up and all the judges are grinning for ear-to-ear and going on about his 'wonderful personality.'  There's a big editing problem for me because I'm missing all the wonderful personality.  I see zany shirts and I hear lots of 'honey' and 'sweet baby Jesus' and I hear a lot of folksy sayings, but I'm missing the wonderful personality.  Even during his talking heads, Jason seems like a bitch.  It's probably his to lose.

Cory is missing something for me.  Just don't like him either.  And I hate his new haircut. 

I have no one to root for.  I guess it's Cory for me, by default, because he annoys me the least.  Go, Cory!

UGH, I didn't hear Jason's idiotic expression when he saw Guy! I can't stomach his folksy crap. I know a lot of southerners and none of them talk like that! He is reminding me a lot of Paula Deen who did transform from a likable grandma, into an over the top annoying caricature. 

I wonder why the judges neglected to tell honey boo boo Jason that his pastry almost got them drunk when they were eliminating people?  They just seem to adore him.   Giada shows her teeth like a great white shark, and that fakey smile.  Bobby doesn't seem quite as impressed, but he does like him too.

Don't we have enough southern/country cooks to make up for losing Paula yet? 

Matthew was super annoying, but he was a better cook, and his presentation was better than Rusty or Jason.    I suppose that is why they didn't mention his boozy dessert.

Edited by larsonb
  • Love 8

Matthew, repeat after me. It's. Just. Television. There is life outside of it as literally billions of people can attest. One of these days you will look back on this and realize that you didn't miss out on a once (or twice or thrice) in a lifetime glorious opportunity but that you dodged a bullet and should be thankful.

• Love 4

These are the best people they could come up with?!? 

My avatar is the picture of Elaine answering Jerry about whether she faked "it": 

JERRY: What about the breathing, the panting, the moaning, the screaming?

ELAINE: Fake, fake, fake, fake.

I think this show is fake, fake, fake, fake. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, larsonb said:

UGH, I didn't hear Jason's idiotic expression when he saw Guy! I can't stomach his folksy crap. I know a lot of southerners and none of them talk like that! He is reminding me a lot of Paula Deen who did transform from a likable grandma, into an over the top annoying caricature. 

I wonder why the judged neglected to tell honey boo boo Jason that his pastry almost got them drunk when they were eliminating people?  They just seem to adore him.   Giada shows her teeth like a great white shark, and that fakey smile.  Bobby doesn't seem quite as impressed, but he does like him too.

The first thing he said when he saw Guy was " well butter my butt and call me a biscuit". And didn't you hear Guy call him out on all the "honeys"? I believe three was the limit.

They totally called him out on the boozy dessert. All three mentioned it.

Edited by Hockeymom
Typo
  • Love 8