Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Ambrosia

• Start Topic

With this kind of show someone is going to have to die!  I think the main crew is safe (Desna, Polly, Quiet Ann, Jenn and Virginia), I think Roller's safe because of aforementioned producer love, I also think Dean is safe.

But on the other hand, Uncle Daddy, Juanda, Toby, the Russian woman, the lesbian cop and dear Bryce may be on the chopping block.

4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

With this kind of show someone is going to have to die!  I think the main crew is safe (Desna, Polly, Quiet Ann, Jenn and Virginia), I think Roller's safe because of aforementioned producer love, I also think Dean is safe.

But on the other hand, Uncle Daddy, Juanda, Toby, the Russian woman, the lesbian cop and dear Bryce may be on the chopping block.

My vote is for Quiet Ann's lady cop girlfriend, Arlene. I don't think she'll make it to season two alive.

• Love 1

I cannot believe, that Roller is bitching about the Dr. in jealousy, did he not forget he was sticking his best friend in every hole of Virginia's not too long ago? To the point that he was ordering Desna to shit all over Polly and fire her for some skank ho, thanks Dean, LOL. Scratch that, I can believe it, these men are hot mess, they all the same. Yes, bitch about her trying to kill you, LOL, but another man... really? Then he's got the gun to her head and he's still bitching about how all she loves is the money and she wants the Dr.. I was like what money? He acts as if Desna was rolling in the money from her work at the clinic which he did in fact get her into, but she wasn't making any money to speak of. Yep, he definitely hooked up with those Russians so he could give Desna what she wanted and he's hurt because he believes he did all this for nothing, since she wants someone like the Dr. His ego wouldn't allow him to just tell her that he went to bat for her with Uncle Daddy, but he said no, he couldn't tell her that. But if he had told her that, they wouldn't be where they are now. 

Speaking of the Dr. I'm calling it now that he's probably not even a Dr. but running the Haitian mob. He knew exactly who Desna was when he met her. Damn, poor Desna, try as she might she can't get away from the bad dudes, whether they're wearing a suit or a dorag doesn't matter.Also, Uncle Daddy's wife, I'm thinking there something not on the up and up with her either.  She went on a girls' trip, yeah right.  When Uncle Daddy said that, my ears perked up. Can't wait for the finale.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 1
On 8/7/2017 at 10:15 AM, FlowerofCarnage said:

I think Roller is as good as dead because there is no way he can get away with killing the twins, plus I suspect Riva is just middle management, so if you kill her, her bosses will want retribution.

Do we know that Riva is middle management? The twins were shown taking direction from her. Her hands are tattooed indicating that she's been in prison. I feel like Riva's position might be roughly analogous to Uncle Daddy with slightly more authority to be a fixer.

In the days leading up to Roller's disappearance, the twins were openly staking out the clinic. If Roller hadn't been colluding with the Russians and up his own ass, he would have realized that things were coming to a head. Desna transgressed against Riva once and Riva confronted Desna immediately. The Twins were sitting in the clinic observing the operation on multiple days. I feel like the Russians were days maybe weeks away from a plan to cut out Uncle Daddy and the Dixie Mafia and blaming it on Roller. Then as the Dixieland Mafia and the family start openly warring with each other, the Russians grab the business in the midst of the chaos. 

In the days leading up to Roller's disappearance, the twins were openly staking out the clinic. If Roller hadn't been colluding with the Russians and up his own ass, he would have realized that things were coming to a head. 

But he knew the Russians were staking out the clinic. When Desna showed up in that first episode, Dr. Ken pointed out the Russians to her. She told Dr. Ken to tell Roller. Then Dr. Ken says that Roller told him to tell her about, to let her handle it. So he knew damn well that they were at the clinic.

I still don't get exactly the details of the deal between the Russians and Roller. All I got from it was that blood is NOT thicker than water according to Riva, or something to that effect. They cut the scene there and we never got to hear her long story. So I hope they give me details in this finale as to exactly what was Roller's business with the Russians, what was he doing for them.? Was it just that he decided to sell a stake in the clinic to them and then got behind on the payments because of his untimely "death?" And again, why would he do that? Why would he turn over power to some other family? It's not like he was going to get a seat at the top, he's not Russian, he would never be seen as one of them. I don't get his motivation. I really don't get what was in it for him and why he would turn on Uncle Daddy that severely?  It can't be just because Uncle Daddy didn't give Desna her bonus, it's got to be more. 

Edited by Keepitmoving

This episode pretty much confirms what I already suspected about the Roller/Desna relationship. They really did have a relationship where Desna really liked him (even if he also scared her) and Roller loved her as much as a guy like that can love a woman. It always seemed like they were an actual couple, just a REALLY dysfunctional one, considering how people treated Desna at the funeral, and how Roller knew Dean so well. The flashback of Roller pretending to kill a rat was about as charming (and not in a sleezy way) that he's ever been. I think they might even end up back together. It probably wont last (because Roller is a mess) but they might try again.

I'm also enjoying Polly/Dr. Ken quite a lot. Dr. Ken really is just all kinds of thirsty. Dude, just learn to play hard to get!

Its funny that I assumed when Roller said he would take of the money owed to Desna, he was lying, much like Desna did, and he actually WAS trying to get her the money! I can see how a guy like Roller would be like "well I might be fucking another women, but I got Desna the money owed her, so that makes up for it", or something like that.

Count me in as another who thinks that Uncle Daddy had Roller and Bryses parents wacked. The man is clearly scary and has no issue killing anyone who might get in his way.

• Love 1