Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Said the Spider to the Fly

This was worth the wait just for the last five minutes of Stiles at Langley. That spit take was awesome!! This at least explains while Stiles shows up with Derek in the previews (and of course they'll imply some Sterek just to give some last bit of joy for those fans). As for the rest of the episode.......was the setup first episode with vagueness for the big bad for the finale. But as usual we got lots of eye candy for the gays and gals with shirtless Liam, Parrish (why his shorts remain fireproof is a mystery) and the now dead other Hellhound.

• Love 6

Did they remove Dylan from the opening credits? That makes me sad.

Overall the episode was good. I adored that last scene with Stiles at Langley as well. He was hilarious and adorable and god damn it, I want more of him!

• Love 4

After I watched S06E10 I was leaning toward feeling like that should have been the series finale.  It wasn't perfect but it was a natural stopping point and everyone was in an ambiguously good place.  Plus, frankly the series has been sort of scattered and struggling for a while now.  I like people and the characters but it seems to me that the writers have run out of ideas.

Having watched Episode 11, I'm even more convinced that E10 probably should have been the finale.  That said, I am going to ride this out and watch it to the end.  The series was engaging enough at the beginning that I feel like I have to see it all.

• Love 2

It's curious that Teen Wolf doesn't know how flights work and doesn't think we know either. The only reasons that flights are delayed for days on end is if weather conditions make it impossible to fly or land or a strike. Or sometimes if there is a plane crash. But as many times as that flight vacillated between delayed, arriving, and arriving, there is no way that Malia wouldn't be waiting in the airport unless Malia lives right next to it.

The preview for the season made it look like every former cast member with a penis is coming back and Jill.

Hahaha.... Since when did Hellhounds start having flame retardant board shorts under their clothes?   Both Parish and the new Hellhound's clothing burned away except ther knee-length shorts they were apparently wearing under their pants.  It was hilariously distracting.  

I won't miss Hayden and I don't care about Liam.  I don't hate Liam; but I do not want to watch him moping about Hayden.  

Who is the Beacon Hills School District hiring officer?  Do they do any background checks?  Every new hire we've scene other than Mrs. Martin has had a seriously convoluted and often shady as fuck history.  I mean, Mrs. Yukimura was not dodgy herself, but she was, like 100 years old.  So.... WTF kind of background checks do they do? 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, madhacker said:

Parrish (why his shorts remain fireproof is a mystery) and the now dead other Hellhound.

I think this conclusively established that fireproof pants are issued to all new Hellhounds so I'm glad that's cleared up.

2 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Hahaha.... Since when did Hellhounds start having flame retardant board shorts under their clothes?   Both Parish and the new Hellhound's clothing burned away except ther knee-length shorts they were apparently wearing under their pants.  It was hilariously distracting.  

They were identical, which is clearly part of established Hellhound mythology. This is a very important part of Hellhound morphology; up there with invulnerability and their close relationship with death. Totally hilarious but I was more interested in why he was petrified in Eichen. Because...?

4 hours ago, Rascotes said:

After I watched S06E10 I was leaning toward feeling like that should have been the series finale.  It wasn't perfect but it was a natural stopping point and everyone was in an ambiguously good place.  Plus, frankly the series has been sort of scattered and struggling for a while now.  I like people and the characters but it seems to me that the writers have run out of ideas.

Having watched Episode 11, I'm even more convinced that E10 probably should have been the finale.  That said, I am going to ride this out and watch it to the end.  The series was engaging enough at the beginning that I feel like I have to see it all.

I agree, mostly because I didn't watch this show so people could refer to Liam as being "almost an alpha" as if that was a thing. I get they need 'Teen Wolf: The Next Generation' to give the tired leads a break  but this is getting ridiculous. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Since when did Hellhounds start having flame retardant board shorts under their clothes?

They shop at the same store as The Incredible Hulk.

I didn't...hate it.  I actually rather liked the new guidance counselor.  So she's clearly going to be completely evil, not just packing heat to defend herself and the students.

16 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

The preview for the season made it look like every former cast member with a penis is coming back and Jill.

Only because every beloved character that doesn't have a penis is dead. 

• Love 5

I didn't realize how (literally) dark the show is overall until they showed Stiles merrily arriving at Quantico. It really underlined his phone message of how great it is to get away from the hellmouth that is Beacon Hills. Even Derek running through the NC forest was three times brighter than the similar scene of him running through the Preserve in season 1. It's like the Nemeton partially blocks out the sun over the whole county, despite being a stump. 

I'm looking forward to this half season—it's serviceable enough. But that last five minutes? I am psyched for that story, even if it is a side plot.

Edited by ahisma
fricking fracking coding
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, ahisma said:

I didn't realize how (literally) dark the show is overall until they showed Stiles merrily arriving at Quantico. It really underlined his phone message of how great it is to get away from the hellmouth that is Beacon Hills. Even Derek running through the NC forest was three times brighter than the similar scene of him running through the Preserve in season 1. It's like the Nemeton partially blocks out the sun over the whole county, despite being a stump. 

Perhaps it's why just about every lacrosse game and practice is in the darkest night, even when it's the end of the summer.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ahisma said:

I'm looking forward to this half season—it's serviceable enough. But that last five minutes? I am psyched for that story, even if it is a side plot.

I guess they're probably doing a Buffy. You think you can leave and pursue your dreams like a normal teen but you can't. Stiles is at Quantico for 10 minutes before headbutting a moral quandary that pits his knowledge of the supernatural against the law. Lydia and Scott didn't even make it out of town. Malia may still leave because she's kind of awesome.

• Love 1

My guess, and it's solely a guess, is that Stiles will be staying at Quantico to try to help Derek and then they'll both come back (that part has been shown in the preview).  This will allow DOB to do whatever he is doing now and his Quantico stuff can be all off-screen.

• Love 1

While it makes sense that you'd wear fire proof undies if you're a flaming hell hound, the matching shorts was just distracting. Hello new hotness; bye new hotness. Why is alpha wanna-be Liam still so much better at fights than true alpha Scott? When did Liam have such problems wolfing out at inopportune times? Loved Melissa accidentally shocking Scott. Nice to have this hot mess back, but I doubt it can end better than the previous episode.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Richness said:

When did Liam have such problems wolfing out at inopportune times?

Liam's anger issues have always been a part of his character. It's just that for a character who gets so much screen time he's surprisingly under-developed, as are all the newbies. He was introduced with a Dad who was working as a Doctor at the hospital but we've never seen or heard from him again. Way too much time was spent on his relationship with the plank of wood and propping him as the new lead instead of developing him as a character.

3 hours ago, Richness said:

Why is alpha wanna-be Liam still so much better at fights than true alpha Scott? 

I honestly don't know and I've given up asking the question. I think they're trying to prop Scott as a different kind of Alpha but I don't see why that precludes him being able to fight well. He was a badass when he was an Omega. I kind of wish he'd stayed one.

• Love 2
On 7/31/2017 at 6:50 PM, AudienceofOne said:

I think Isaac is the only former cast member with a penis that isn't coming back. Damn shame Jill is the only female they bring back 

• Love 1
On 7/31/2017 at 7:48 AM, starri said:

I actually rather liked the new guidance counselor.  So she's clearly going to be completely evil, not just packing heat to defend herself and the students.

Black women on this show don't last long -- since she wasn't killed off, of course she's evil.

On 7/31/2017 at 3:50 PM, AudienceofOne said:

I don't think Braeden is.  Not sure how "beloved" she is though.

On 8/1/2017 at 9:35 AM, Richness said:

Loved Melissa accidentally shocking Scott.

I don't think that was "accidental".  She said "I pressed the button" as if she did it on purpose.