Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: New Man

fellini
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I did not know Julio had that awesome fight in him. Sorry to see him go.

I wasn't sure how I felt about Kanan going soft but I can roll with it. And I can believe him bonding with Ghost a bit over doing a job together like old times.

Love this show more than anything else on right now.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 8

Phew, quite graphic violence in the last couple of episodes. Guess the return of Game of Thrones makes their competition try to keep up.

Okay, about that rear view of James. Is he in serious need of some manscaping between the cheeks or does he have a tattoo up in there? That shadow was puzzling to me.

No. He. Didn't. After everything he's put Tasha through--the least of which was being subjected to a humiliating search and seizure by her husband's ex-mistress--Ghost had the nerve to try to push up on her again?

Tariq is too stupid to be still alive. Why would he think it's okay for him to be sitting in some empty house for hours waiting for "Slim"? At least he finally got his long-overdue wakeup call. And PTSD probably.

Holy crap, Tommy has more lives than six cats. And now he's about to have coast-to-coast criminal problems versus just NYC ones.

So, wonder who will be the one to beat Dre's conniving ass, Ghost or Tommy?

Jukebox may have been stone psycho, and I'm still not sure I understand her motivation, but she was entertaining.

• Love 2

RIP, Julio. I'm gonna miss him. But I'm glad he went down swinging.

I can't believe Tommy was dumb enough to fall for Jason & Co's trick. It's times like these that make me wonder how Tommy has lived this long in his line of business. 

Simon Stern is such a damn snake. He oozes slime the minute he comes on screen. Victor Garber has great chemistry with Omari Hardwick.

Speaking of snakes, that slime Dre has to go next. If Ghost takes him out to avenge Julio, ol' Jamie might slightly redeem himself.

Lakeisha looks like she's fed all the way up with both Tommy and Tasha.

So, Kanan chose Tariq. That both was and wasn't surprising. I think Jukebox sealed her death when she made Kanan confess to Tariq. I swear to God, 50 acted for like 30 seconds, and in that time, I actually felt bad for him. He actually looked sad at having to tell Tariq he was only playing him. I'm curious where Ghost, Tariq and Kanan all go from here (and those are words I never thought I'd type).

Tasha had the line of the night when she called Ghost "the man who does whatever the fuck he wants without consulting anybody." I did a fist-pump and yelled "YES"* when she said that. Ghost has a lotta damn nerve asking Tasha to put the past in the past. He's so damned entitled. I want Tasha to leave him, but that does not seem likely at this point.

*Which made my sister run into my room to see if I was OK.

• Love 7

Damn Julio, I had hoped that he would make it! But he didn't go out like a punk. 

I'll miss his fine ass.

Dre gotta go now.

Oh look another crossover character from Orange is the New black. The guy that cut Julio gang tattoo is one of the main characters daughter's father.

Good for Tommy for avenging holly. I wish that fate was set for all pedophiles.

Tasha, don't fall for ghost bullshit and keep one eye on Keisha...

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

Jukebox is an awesome actor. She was just as good in The Wire.

I love this season over all the others. Looks like they may have added new ones. Especially the ones who write for Tommy

I love Anika Noni Rose but she wasn't in The Wire.

The past few episodes have been I-had-to-look-away violent. That scene with Julio was like ...

8 minutes ago, Gillian Rosh said:

RIP, Julio. I'm gonna miss him. But I'm glad he went down swinging.

I can't believe Tommy was dumb enough to fall for Jason & Co's trick. It's times like these that make me wonder how Tommy has lived this long in his line of business. 

Simon Stern is such a damn snake. He oozes slime the minute he comes on screen. Victor Garber has great chemistry with Omari Hardwick.

Speaking of snakes, that slime Dre has to go next. If Ghost takes him out to avenge Julio, ol' Jamie might slightly redeem himself.

Lakeisha looks like she's fed all the way up with both Tommy and Tasha.

So, Kanan chose Tariq. That both was and wasn't surprising. I think Jukebox sealed her death when she made Kanan confess to Tariq. I swear to God, 50 acted for like 30 seconds, and in that time, I actually felt bad for him. He actually looked sad at having to tell Tariq he was only playing him. I'm curious where Ghost, Tariq and Kanan all go from here (and those are words I never thought I'd type).

Tasha had the line of the night when she called Ghost "the man who does whatever the fuck he wants without consulting anybody." I did a fist-pump and yelled "YES"* when she said that. Ghost has a lotta damn nerve asking Tasha to put the past in the past. He's so damned entitled. I want Tasha to leave him, but that does not seem likely at this point.

*Which made my sister run into my room to see if I was OK.

I don't think they'll reconcile but I do think whatever they're doing is just for show. James had a LOT of fucking nerve even twisting his mouth to ask her to put the past in the past. And she's right - Angela and Ghost may be done but the feelings aren't.

I hope somebody gets Tariq some counseling, but I'm sure they won't. But, like, how is he supposed to just go back to school and act like none of this ever happened? I also hope this teaches him some damn street smarts and about stranger danger, because gotDAMN he's dumb.

Keisha might flip. She looks through with everything. I wish my best friend WOULD get me into The Life behind my back and then tell me she's going to have to continue using my place of business to launder her husband's drug money.

• Love 5

Wow this was a good episode Imo. Except when Tommy beat the living sh*t out of that old man Jesus Christ I usually can watch extreme stuff but that was too much  I had to close my eyes. I mean not that he didn't deserve it....

I was hoping Ghost would figure some way to outsmart Kanaan and juke but I was glad everything still ended up working out. I figured Kanaan would develop a soft spot for Tariq but I was still surprised that he put that gun down at the end and left. Tbh I feel for Kanaan, it's probably cause I always had a thing for 50 cent lol. I feel empathy towards him at times. But I still think Ghost should kill him. 

How does Ghost expect Tasha to just forget everything he did to her? I swear men can be so dense and selfish. But I would like to see them work it out simply because I hate seeing broken families. 

• Love 4

Biggest disappointment...Tariq is still alive.  Biggest get over it moment...Tommy avenging Holly. That bitch is right where she worked hard to be.  Biggest sorry to see you go...Julio.  Jukebox...your mouth finally wrote a check that your ass couldn't cover.  Good riddance.  Kanan...yeah, whatever.  When are you going to die, MF?  Keisha...better watch yourself.

• Love 9

No. He. Didn't. After everything he's put Tasha through--the least of which was being subjected to a humiliating search and seizure by her husband's ex-mistress--Ghost had the nerve to try to push up on her again?

The nerve to say "let's start over" after he blew up their life with his mistress. I'm glad Tasha shut that down. But what really got me is when he said,  "I don't know how to trust you, Tasha."

Really, Ghost?!

After alllll the shit he's pulled, he doesn't know how to trust Tasha!? Sometimes, I think men should be studied.

I'm glad this Tariq storyline is over. His stupidity was getting more and more galling each week. 

What's up with the ultra-violence? I get that they're all killers and sociopaths, but I'm over seeing heads get bashed in.

• Love 10

Fine ass Julio better not be dead.  Dre, you motherfucker:

giphy.gif

How did Tariq manage to walk out of there alive?  His dumbass.  Here's hoping someone will take care of him in the next 5 episodes.

And really James, asking Tasha to go back to the way it was?  How about you fuck ALL the way off.  

As much I don't like psycho Tommy, nobody deserved a bat to the face more than a motherfucker who says some shit like, "she was asking for it" about a 9-year old.  Hope he and his busted-ass face rots in that house.  

Man this episode got me dropping a lot of "motherfuckers" this morning.  Thank goodness Angela and the rest of her incompetent team weren't around or I'd have high blood pressure right now.

• Love 8

This was a good episode.  Conclusion of the Kanan-Jukebox-Ghost beef was well done.  Jukebox took it too far.  They could have killed Ghost, took the money, and left Tariq there to deal with the after effects.  Killing Tariq wasn't really necessary.  I give Anika all kinds of kudos on her portrayal of Jukebox.  Jukebox is not a woman you would want to get on her bad side.

Lot of hypocrisy being thrown around.  Ghost and Tasha both get mad at each other for making moves without consulting the other.  Now, they don't trust each other.  Although, everything comes back to Ghost blowing up his life by getting with Angela.  "If only she hadn't come in the club that night."  No, her coming to the club wasn't the problem.

Lots of conflict to be had and I'm all in to see it blow up.

• Love 5

Seriously, James, you can't trust Tasha, and the nerve to try to blame cheating on your wife on a chance encounter that had it never happened....WTF, Tasha should have stole his ass when the words if only Angela hadn't come to the club that night came out of his mouth. The gall to put all responsibility for his choice to hook up with Angela on a chance meeting, and not his selfish ass,  he deserved a knee to the crotch, eff you, James.

I laughed when 50 got all sentimental, that was such a surprise. Doe eyed Jamie, though, I felt his anguish.

RIP Julio and his fine ass, indeed, please have Tommy and Ghost feed Dre to the fishes.

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, BindsTheTuna said:

RIP, Julio and his fine ass. 

I hope Tommy took that bat with him, considering his fingerprints are all over it. Good lord, these people are dumb.

And he was touching EVERYTHING! - opening cabinets, touched the football display case.  Its almost as if he wants to get caught.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

Woukd it have killed Starz to pay Anika Noni Rose a few extra dollars so we could have goten a full song out of her before she was offed? 

Ikr??!

I really thought she was about belt "midnight train to Georgia" they had taariq bring it up and then it went nowhere. 

• Love 2