Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: The Return: Part 12

On 8/1/2017 at 3:56 PM, PatternRec said:

I know a lot of people are holding out hope that Diane isn't actually working for Mr. C but I feel like the chain smoking is one of the clues that she actually is. Smoking is a way of interacting with fire. 

Back in the second episode the business man in Vegas, Duncan Todd? (or vice versa) calls in an underling, gives him a wad o'cash and tells him to hire her. Maybe Candie???. Underling asks if he can ask a question and asks why the boss does 'his' bidding. The boss says he hopes the underling is never in a similar position where he has to .... I understood them to be talking about evil cooper and we were seeing he has a dark empire? divested interests? Anyway, Diane seems to both reject contact with the blue rose group (fuck you, fill in the blank) and be drawn to them. She may be forced by dark coop to work for her but not actually be a terrible person. Chain smoking and drinking may, as with Sarah, be ways of dealing with the stress.

2 hours ago, Affogato said:

She may be forced by dark coop to work for her but not actually be a terrible person. Chain smoking and drinking may, as with Sarah, be ways of dealing with the stress.

If Diane is compromised she may also be in a position like Leland was, not remembering what was done when an lodge entity takes control. 

• Love 2
On 2017-08-01 at 3:56 PM, PatternRec said:

I know a lot of people are holding out hope that Diane isn't actually working for Mr. C but I feel like the chain smoking is one of the clues that she actually is. Smoking is a way of interacting with fire. 

The text messages are adequate evidence of collusion....

• Love 1

These threads are more interesting and informative than the show itself. Thank you for that. I constantly fall asleep while watching these episodes, even as early as 6 p.m. It bothers me because I loved the original TPs, and really want to love this one. Every so often there is a spark of plot connection and I perk up, only to be lulled to sleep while watching scenes like the brothers having breakfast.  Everything. Is. So. Slow.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, PatternRec said:

If Diane is compromised she may also be in a position like Leland was, not remembering what was done when an lodge entity takes control. 

Her behavior really is a lot like Sarah's, making me wonder if Cooper paid a visit to Sarah before he abruptly left Twin Peaks. Turkey Jerky Coop, I mean.

• Love 1
On 7/31/2017 at 1:52 PM, Penman61 said:

She wasn't, but 25+ years of a shitty life (such as having Richard for a son) might do that to a person.  More I think about it, I actually can easily see how an entitled-troubled high school beauty would become a histrionic shrieker, over time.  

Judging from multiple high school reunions over the years, one might even be inclined to consider this the norm.  ;)

• Love 4