Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: The Return: Part 12

Just as how David Lynch has been playing around with expectations all over the place with TP:TR, just watch this line ending up having nothing to do with the Red Room, Lodges, Arm/Tree, but rather coming from the band playing the Roadhouse.

• Love 2
(edited)

Saw this posted on Twitter from the actor who plays the Pit Boss:

Not sure if this is without meaning or he's setting expectations for an Episode-8-level of mind fuckery. 

ETA: Someone asked him to clarify and he responded:

Edited by Guest

Couldn't edit the last post again (weird) but another user retweeted Dastmachian's Tweet -- and Mark Frost "liked" it. So, I would imagine it's more or less confirmed something big is gonna happen tomorrow:

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 3.22.41 PM.png

3 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Couldn't edit the last post again (weird) but another user retweeted Dastmachian's Tweet -- and Mark Frost "liked" it. So, I would imagine it's more or less confirmed something big is gonna happen tomorrow:

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 3.22.41 PM.png

Or "Dopple Frost" hacked the account and nothing actually happens tomorrow....

• Love 1

I'm expecting that this episode will be the end of the line for Vegas and its group, except for maybe Candie (I feel like her story is just starting while the others around her are over), but I will laugh if this turns out to be like Madchen Amick tweeting about Bobby and Shelly for episode 10 and then they weren't even in it.

(edited)

They don't promote like that unless shit is going down. I know what I think is coming, but Part 8 proved me wrong before.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pete Martell said:

I'm expecting that this episode will be the end of the line for Vegas and its group, except for maybe Candie (I feel like her story is just starting while the others around her are over), but I will laugh if this turns out to be like Madchen Amick tweeting about Bobby and Shelly for episode 10 and then they weren't even in it.

At some point we have to build to the climax or we'll never get to the denouement :-) 

I'm fine but when this is over I want a season of what happens to these people, real slices of life, dammit. This is the amazing thing about Lynch's work, that there is the stylistic stuff and the stuff that is like a child's view of the world, the personal stuff that doesn't quite communicate but makes connections, and then there are these people the actors create that I invest so much in. This isn't long enough by half.

• Love 2

Well I guess I got another Lynch fakeout, as none of the Dougie stuff was in this one, other than setup (the warden is dead now - only two people left). 

I think that this episode had a lot of good-to-great scenes - I don't think there was one bad scene in the whole episode, not even the rambling bit players at the end as that obviously did serve a purpose about how dark things are getting - but it didn't feel very cohesive. I almost would have preferred seeing it broken up into clips and put onto Youtube. 

Things obviously did happen (Audrey returned, we learned the coordinates are in Twin Peaks [unless Albert and Gordon set Diane up to try to get the bad Cooper back there], and we got a whole lot more of Sarah, who is clearly key to setting up the evil being unleashed in town), but I have to admit I'm not really sure why this episode was hyped as being a big one. Quite a bit of it was expository dialogue, possibly the most expository dialogue I've ever seen in one TV episode since the Carolyn Crawford murder storyline on As the World Turns.

There was also some stalling and time-filling that was next level trolling, from the French lady (who seemed to be there to taunt those who would be upset about the sweeping scene...) to Audrey even saying outright, after all the angst over when she'd be back, "I'm tired of waiting." Of course most of this wasn't trolling, it was just part of the setting up of atmosphere and character beats, but a few times I did wonder, especially when we got pretty much the same Jacoby and Nadine scene we had a few weeks back. * A lot of this episode seemed to be about making people wait - in and out of the narrative. 

* (not getting political, but I think Jacoby's rant was more on the nose for this week than Lynch likely ever had any idea of being possible)

There were some other random moments that sort of felt like addressing criticisms, although I doubt that was the intent. The last scene - I could imagine someone saying to themselves, "See? Not everyone in Twin Peaks is white." Or Audrey's husband being a little person but not being stereotyped as weird or strange, as some accuse Lynch of doing. 

Anyway, as a whole it's not one that completely worked for me, but part of that is down to comparing it to last week and where things seem to be going. I'd still put it above episode 6 and 10 in my episode rankings that no one but me cares about.

I did love Miguel Ferrer's deadpan in that long scene. I just love watching him work. I never want it to end.

And there were some other wonderful scenes too, small character moments to remind us more of the goodness alongside the increasing darkness in town, like Carl telling that guy to stop selling blood and giving him money to get by. And Grace Zabriskie was just incredible, as she always is - so much so that I take it for granted. She is just an absolute master at always having a perfectly pitched performance, at never seeming to be acting, or to be hamming up - she makes you feel like you are watching a real woman struggle and break. It's simply superb, superb work.

Ben making everything about himself, as he always does. Very good performance from Richard Beymer though. I kept wondering if he was going to have Miriam killed or if we were going to get a Jacques Renualt murder recreation when we saw her. 

I've seen some spec that Audrey is really still in a coma or that this is another reality's version of Audrey, which is why we didn't hear her mention anything of Richard. I don't know. It was nice to see her again. It was an adjustment to hear her cursing a blue streak, but then if the original show had had cursing she would have never stopped (Albert and later Donna and Bobby would have as well...), so it wasn't as much of an adjustment as if Lucy started turning into Sam Kinison. It's a bit sad to think she's been in an unhappy, arranged marriage, but the whole thing is too vague to know how to react to at this point. Sherilyn and the guy who played Audrey's husband powered through all that stuff even though it had more names than you could find in the phone book. 

I still keep thinking that angelic Tammy and suspicious Diane is still too good to be true - Tammy's reaction to being in the Blue Rose team was just a little too...much for me, but maybe I'm reading too much into it. 

The fathers and sons theme was also very heavy tonight, so I wonder where that may be going. If nothing else it added extra power to what could have been a throwaway scene with the warden's murder. And I keep saying this every week now but they must be coming to Vegas soon, up to no good.

• Love 3

Last week, cherry pie, this week, AUDREY! Finally!

Some great performances this week, (Albert's facial expressions were killing me), but to me this episode felt like a pause in a big symphony. It was essentially an entire episode made up of people talking about other people, some of whom we might know, most we don't. Who is Billy? Who is Tina, and why does Audrey hate her? Who the hell were the two random chicks nattering about in the Bang Bang bar?

So it seems Audrey remained in Twin Peaks and entered into some sort of marriage of convenience with a little person which is now ending in divorce. She was frantic about someone named Billy, but no mention of her mother's assault or her demon spawn being on the run.

I couldn't make out who our two reprobate friends (Tim Roth & Jennifer Jason Leigh) assassinated, until others upthread mentioned it was the prison warden. I would miss out on so much without these forums. Is DougieCoop next?

I get that Sarah Palmer's spidey senses are picking up on something bad heading toward Twin Peaks, but why did an in-store display of turkey beef jerky set her off?

Once again, big hugs for Harry Dean Stanton. I 100% believe that's what he must be like in real life.

• Love 4

After being impatient for Audrey all season, Sherilyn Fenn's amazingly sogoodit'sbad performance was . . . problematic. "Spineless noballs loser" is a great insult, and intensely dramatic overacting is certainly consistent with a show that evokes Kyle M's last memorable acting in a text set in Las Vegas (Showgirls, of course!), but this episode wasn't exactly on par with "Lonely Souls."

Sarah Palmer's further descent into alcohol, tobacco, and smoked meat resonated with me the most of anything this episode, even though I only indulge in one of those three vices.

This was my least favorite episode since the one with Michael Cera, but I'm still excited to see the rest.

On a personal note, two or three summers ago I visited Philadelphia and visited PAFA, where Lynch went to art school. There was an installation in which his film "Six Figures Getting Sick" was projected onto a sculpture based on the main image in the film. It was pretty cool, but I don't know how the employees could handle hearing that audio in the background all day.

Finally, I was excited about the dreampop and Badalamenti-jazzy bands at the Road House for the first part of the season, but after downloading other tracks by the featured bands, I kind of think they all suck at songwriting and would highly prefer Cocteau Twins or Alcest in the next few episodes. As if.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Cheezwiz said:

Last week, cherry pie, this week, AUDREY! Finally!

Some great performances this week, (Albert's facial expressions were killing me), but to me this episode felt like a pause in a big symphony. It was essentially an entire episode made up of people talking about other people, some of whom we might know, most we don't. Who is Billy? Who is Tina, and why does Audrey hate her? Who the hell were the two random chicks nattering about in the Bang Bang bar?

So it seems Audrey remained in Twin Peaks and entered into some sort of marriage of convenience with a little person which is now ending in divorce. She was frantic about someone named Billy, but no mention of her mother's assault or her demon spawn being on the run.

I couldn't make out who our two reprobate friends (Tim Roth & Jennifer Jason Leigh) assassinated, until others upthread mentioned it was the prison warden. I would miss out on so much without these forums. Is DougieCoop next?

I get that Sarah Palmer's spidey senses are picking up on something bad heading toward Twin Peaks, but why did an in-store display of turkey beef jerky set her off?

Once again, big hugs for Harry Dean Stanton. I 100% believe that's what he must be like in real life.

I took that to mean maybe someone is putting things in the food supply (as well as the drug supply) in Twin Peaks.

I saw someone mention that Billy was the guy in episode 7 that the guy ran into the diner to ask about. I'm trying to remember if he's also the guy who was supposed to meet with Andy about the hit and run. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Pete Martell said:

I took that to mean maybe someone is putting things in the food supply (as well as the drug supply) in Twin Peaks.

I saw someone mention that Billy was the guy in episode 7 that the guy ran into the diner to ask about. I'm trying to remember if he's also the guy who was supposed to meet with Andy about the hit and run. 

Ah, good theory @Pete Martell. I wouldn't have made that guess myself.

And I was also trying to remember the names of the unseen/semi-seen characters involved in the hit-and-run - I was wondering if that had to do with what the two random chicks in the bar were discussing. There are so many tertiary characters we only see or hear of briefly that it's hard to keep track. I can't even keep track of the characters we ARE seeing (ie the Warden, as he was shot from behind).

I hope Miriam recovers fully and nothing else awful happens to her.

My personal theory about Agent Tammy's excitement at being asked to join the Blue Rose task force: she actually IS an alien!

• Love 4

Well, that happened! Part 12 was at least 50% troll! Amazing. I can't say I enjoyed all of the latter half per se, but I can say I couldn't stop laughing.

The Audrey/ending scenes alternated between agonizing and hilarious, as I'm sure was intended (a rotary phone! Come on!).

Aggressive audience assault in the second half aside, the whole first half was mint - especially the Sarah stuff. I thought Ben's testimonial to Beverly was actually pretty touching too. Ashley Judd's reaction work was great.

I feel like the random soapy scenes at the Roadhouse with various nobodies is almost this bizarre MD or Jacques Rivette-esque device. It's far too deliberate.

• Love 4

Um...so that was...an episode. Everything about it just felt off.

I think the saddest part for me was Ben giving Sheriff Truman the key to give to Harry. And, I guess, we'll hear all about it via Truman telling Hawk instead of actually seeing Harry on screen. I don't know, but not having Michael Ontkean involved in this is a travesty. 

(edited)
24 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Um...so that was...an episode. Everything about it just felt off.

I think the saddest part for me was Ben giving Sheriff Truman the key to give to Harry. And, I guess, we'll hear all about it via Truman telling Hawk instead of actually seeing Harry on screen. I don't know, but not having Michael Ontkean involved in this is a travesty. 

In some ways I feel like he's had more focus in the revival than he would have had if he'd actually been in it. I always liked Harry, even though I felt like they lost focus with him in season 2, and I was a bit sad that he was often forgotten compared to the names most remembered (like Dale or Audrey). I'm glad that he's been given a lot of reverence here. 

I also found myself thinking that the fans who always thought Dale and Harry should have been paired up would have loved the undertones of that keys scene. 

Edited by Pete Martell

We can be reasonably certain there will be even more of Charlie (did he have a last name in the credits? I didn't check) because

next week's teaser is "What story is that, Charlie?"

Woo!

I am definitely beginning to wonder how this all wraps up in five more weeks (the final night is two hours). I about died when I realized all we were going to see of Coop was him and Sonny Jim playing ball for ten seconds. Priceless.

Also very creepy: What/who is in Sarah's kitchen? When she began rambling in the store about smoked jerky, I thought the house might be infested with the Woodsmen - a terrifying thought. Also stunning to see the fan again. All the music in her scenes and in the opening bit with Diane saying "let's rock" - all that was from FWWM.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, jsbt said:

We can be reasonably certain there will be even more of Charlie (did he have a last name in the credits? I didn't check)  

Were he and that Trick guy at the end in the bigger cast list released at the start of the season? I didn't see them on IMDB. The guy who played Trick or whatever his name was has been in Lynch stuff for 20 years so maybe he was listed and I just didn't know his name...

12 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Also very creepy: What/who is in Sarah's kitchen? When she began rambling in the store about smoked jerky, I thought the house might be infested with the Woodsmen - a terrifying thought. Also stunning to see the fan again. All the music in her scenes and in the opening bit with Diane saying "let's rock" - all that was from FWWM.

At first I wondered if she had the little people from Mulholland Drive in her house.

A part of me wishes we'd seen more of Sarah but sometimes I wonder if Lynch has always used her very sparingly because he knows she's more effective that way. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Ooooh, another good catch. I didn't make the connection between the smoked meat and the smoke hobos or whatever they are. ((Shiver)).

(edited)
15 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Hide contents

What/who is in Sarah's kitchen? 

The delivery boy?

Was funny how the credits left out the Starring Kyle Maclachlan at the beginning - he was still in the episode for one super short scene, and Sheryl Lee gets credited each week even if it's nothing more than for her face on the opening credits.

There were a couple points where i totally could tell what the payoff would be - that baseball scene with Dougie and Sonny ended exactly how i knew it would within the first seconds of the scene starting.  And Albert asking "What kind is it?" i KNEW was going to elicit a time-check from Gordon.  Did get a little nervous when i saw the guy sweeping up in the background of Diane's bar wondering if we'd get another floor-cleaning extended sequence; thankfully that was not to be. 

I didn't set up any expectations of this ep based on an actor's Tweet since none of them seem to know what's coming up til it airs unlike ep 8 where the hype came from Showtime folks.  (But at least we got an unintended early spoiler from it?)

Edited by dwmckim
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

I did love Miguel Ferrer's deadpan in that long scene. I just love watching him work. I never want it to end.

Very strange - but during that long silent Gordon/Albert scene after the French pastry left?  It hit me like never before just how much Miguel Ferrer looked like his father.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, dwmckim said:

And Albert asking "What kind is it?" i KNEW was going to elicit a time-check from Gordon.  

Ok, I admit, I literally lol'd at that.  Of course, I am also the kind of person who loves physical comedy involving people falling down so...  I was hoping that we'd have another incidence of Gordon caving on the "I can't hear you act" and answering the actual question after that extended silence, but nope.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

I thought that it was a metaphor for Cooper/Bad Cooper.  Turkey Jerky isn't the "real" thing, neither is Coop's doppelganger?

I wouldn't have hated the Audrey scene so much if it actually felt like Audrey's character in there somewhere.  But all the shouting and name calling was just super off to me.  I always felt like Audrey was an introvert, so aggressive confrontation just felt so wrong.  

• Love 8

I wouldn't have hated the Audrey scene so much if it actually felt like Audrey's character in there somewhere.  But all the shouting and name calling was just super off to me.  I always felt like Audrey was an introvert, so aggressive confrontation just felt so wrong.  

I agree. I mean, Audrey wasn't above snapping at people to get her way, such as the, "I'm Audrey Horne, and I get what I want" to Battis back in the day, but she was never a histrionic shrieker like she was here. 

For those who've mentioned it, the actor playing her husband, Clark Middleton, isn't a little person. He suffers from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, which affected his growth.

• Love 3

someone posted elsewhere that audrey was in a mental institution and the "husband" was her therapist.  interesting idea.

another one is audrey is still in a coma and this is all some club silencio type dream she's having.

my thoughts?  audrey is real and we are seeing her real life.

• Love 2

My impressions RE Audrey:

1. Her husband overwhelmingly reminds me in both appearance and behavior of Dilbert's Pointy-Haired Boss, so please don't take it amiss if I refer to him as PHB from here on out.  It's easier than taking the time to learn his real name.
  2. The marriage is a sham - an arrangement of some form of convenience - and both Audrey and PHB freely acknowledge this.  The only reason we know a marriage ceremony was apparently conducted at some point in time is one sentence by PHB where he refers to himself as Audrey's "husband".  The sole reference to their union was not as a "marriage" per se, but as a "contract" - implying their relationship was never based on mutual romantic inclinations, but was (and is) a straightforward business arrangement.

My takeaway?  Audrey got into a scrape, and PHB agreed to help her out of it - in return for her marrying him.  The marriage was basically blackmail.  It initially provided Audrey with some form of temporary relief; now she finds its restrictions chafing, however, and she cannot free herself from it without serious reprisals kicking in.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Shenanigan said:

I agree. I mean, Audrey wasn't above snapping at people to get her way, such as the, "I'm Audrey Horne, and I get what I want" to Battis back in the day, but she was never a histrionic shrieker like she was here. 

She wasn't, but 25+ years of a shitty life (such as having Richard for a son) might do that to a person.  More I think about it, I actually can easily see how an entitled-troubled high school beauty would become a histrionic shrieker, over time.  

Edited by Penman61
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Penman61 said:

She wasn't, but 25+ years of a shitty life (such as having Richard for a son) might do that to a person.  More I think about it, I actually can easily see how an entitled-troubled high school beauty would become a histrionic shrieker, over time.  

Not to mention being married to the masculine equivalent of a lump of mashed potatoes....

You're not wrong, but that's not the Audrey I wanted to see.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Shenanigan said:

You're not wrong, but that's not the Audrey I wanted to see.

Totally get that.  The Return is about, among other things, how time blasts us all.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

I wonder if it isn't looks like cooper but it isn't cooper reference. Like turkey jerky is fake beef jerky.

4 hours ago, Nashville said:

My impressions RE Audrey:

1. Her husband overwhelmingly reminds me in both appearance and behavior of Dilbert's Pointy-Haired Boss, so please don't take it amiss if I refer to him as PHB from here on out.  It's easier than taking the time to learn his real name.
  2. The marriage is a sham - an arrangement of some form of convenience - and both Audrey and PHB freely acknowledge this.  The only reason we know a marriage ceremony was apparently conducted at some point in time is one sentence by PHB where he refers to himself as Audrey's "husband".  The sole reference to their union was not as a "marriage" per se, but as a "contract" - implying their relationship was never based on mutual romantic inclinations, but was (and is) a straightforward business arrangement.

My takeaway?  Audrey got into a scrape, and PHB agreed to help her out of it - in return for her marrying him.  The marriage was basically blackmail.  It initially provided Audrey with some form of temporary relief; now she finds its restrictions chafing, however, and she cannot free herself from it without serious reprisals kicking in.

Yeah, the odd emphasis on breaking the contract.

• Love 2

Clearly Lynch has a type, the french woman was shaped a bit like Chrysta Bell.  I was really charmed by his story about how she was visiting her sister who's child was missing. He's a tender hearted person, is Cole, even if he has no idea what people are saying to him. Also she will turnip, indeed. 

It looks like the blue roses are off to Twin Peaks unless diverted to Vegas.

Harry Dean Stanton is wonderful and it is good there is a part of twin peaks that is holding out against the dark.

I don't think we have enough solid information to know what is going on with Audrey. Why has Ben not mentioned her? She lives in the area because she is talking about going to the roadhouse.  She doesn't mention Richard Horne but Billy may be someone we've seen. She is married but they refer to it in terms of a contract and there is a threat underlying breaking that contract, and it didn't sound like heartbreak to me. She is listed in the credits as Audrey Horne, so she didn't take his name and he frankly doesn't seem like her type.

Honestly I don't see how this all pulls together before the end.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Who the hell were the two random chicks nattering about in the Bang Bang bar?

No clue, but this week's randoms looked like they'd bathed recently and they weren't assaulting their angry armpit rashes, so....yay?

15 hours ago, Nashville said:

Very strange - but during that long silent Gordon/Albert scene after the French pastry left?  It hit me like never before just how much Miguel Ferrer looked like his father.

Funny, I had almost the same thought but in reverse - while studying his face during that long shot I realized I couldn't see much of Rosemary.

12 hours ago, Shenanigan said:

I didn't see Audrey as histrionic there, as much as snapping at a passive-aggressive and empty marriage. 

If this is the only version of Audrey we're going to get, I'll be ticked off, but she fits some of what I remember about early Audrey and what she was before they started toning her down to make her a more supporting player in Ben's stories. To me Audrey was vulnerable and impulsive and headstrong and made a lot of mistakes that she was lucky to get out of. She also repeatedly threw herself into relationships with men that ended with her being hurt and expecting too much. She was always looking for something she was never going to find.

I can see how that Audrey would match the Audrey we see today. 

As much as I don't want this to be the only Audrey we get and as much as I know why people are fed up with women so often being written this way in the revival, I would take this Audrey if it's written as harking back to her old self and isn't presented as her being broken because of being raped or having a devil child. I'm hoping Lynch is saying this is what she always was, just now in a more embittered, grown-up version, and it may mean we won't be getting some of the toxic angst I was expecting.

I saw some fan comments that Lynch was recreating old Pete/Catherine scenes and that Audrey had grown up to be like Catherine (in a loveless marriage, cheating, angry, imperious, etc.).

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

If this is the only version of Audrey we're going to get, I'll be ticked off...

Lynch loves subverting expectations and introducing things without context. Adult Audrey may very well be the most loving person in the world when she's with someone she loves. Clearly her husband isn't that. I'm sure we'll get a more fleshed out version of Audrey because she is def one of Lynch's faves. 

Edited by PatternRec
37 minutes ago, PatternRec said:

Lynch loves subverting expectations and introducing things without context. Adult Audrey may very well be the most loving person in the world when she's with someone she loves. Clearly her husband isn't that. I'm sure we'll get a more fleshed out version of Audrey because she is def one of Lynch's faves. 

True. Of course other than Johnny I'm not sure there's anyone around she cares about, until the inevitable (?) Cooper reunion anyway. 

Maybe we can have a Bobby and Audrey scene for old times.

I watched the episode again last night and, I think, maybe put my finger on the reason some of those scenes seemed so off to me. With Audrey and Charlie, neither one of them essentially moved from the position we first saw them. It was almost as if Audrey's feet were nailed to the ground and Charlie's ass glued in his seat. The room felt claustrophobic to me -- much like the room surrounded by drapes where Albert, Gordon, Tammy, and eventually, Diane all drank their wine. Maybe it was the dark lighting and amber tones that made it so tight? Even the dialogue, as delivered, felt clipped to me. The dialogue between Ben and Frank (and their dark, amber-lit-windowless room scene) also felt halted and weird. Don't know. I want to say it felt "dreamy" but that not be the right word. 

Grace Zabriskie's face is a work of art unto itself though. 

11 hours ago, paigow said:

He owns the hit & run truck. He was supposed to meet Andy at 4:30 but never showed up.

Did Audrey say that Chuck stole the truck?

ETA:

Just saw this on Twitter. Apparently Miriam is hospitalized on September 24, 2015. But according to the timeline, it should be around September 30? 

Edited by Guest

I made my way to reddit to check what theories they've been floating around, and found this. It also seems that many people are on board with the idea that that scene was all a dream of Audrey's. I totally buy that -- if only because I think she's the "Linda" who's being cared for by Carl's driver in the episode where Carl witnesses the Richard running over the boy in the street. Also, if Audrey was thriving and not incapacitated in some way, why would Frank approach Ben and not her for the money to pay for Miriam? 

God, I'm so sad there are only a handful of episodes left. And deep down, I know this isn't going to end well for anyone. 

oiaufo8r.jpg

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

I made my way to reddit to check what theories they've been floating around, and found this. It also seems that many people are on board with the idea that that scene was all a dream of Audrey's. I totally buy that -- if only because I think she's the "Linda" who's being cared for by Carl's driver in the episode where Carl witnesses the Richard running over the boy in the street. Also, if Audrey was thriving and not incapacitated in some way, why would Frank approach Ben and not her for the money to pay for Miriam? 

God, I'm so sad there are only a handful of episodes left. And deep down, I know this isn't going to end well for anyone. 

oiaufo8r.jpg

Ok, the crystal ball is a great touch. I didn't notice. Although it is actually a snowglobe, there is some Twin Peaks lore concerning snowglobes, so the contents of that ball may be of interest. Owls, one of the peaks? Las Vegas? The Great Northern?

Why would she be Linda?  Not saying no, just no idea. That puzzled me, too.

Frank might not have wanted Audrey to know because Audrey has been through a lot and she would have to get the money from Ben anyway and Frank figures he will be more likely to get the money from Ben than Audrey, less painfully?  I don't think we are really given enough information.

8 minutes ago, Affogato said:

Why would she be Linda?  Not saying no, just no idea. That puzzled me, too.

"Remember Richard and Linda." Richard -- he's accounted for. But the only mention of a Linda was by the driver from the trailer park. Linda is an invalid he cares for. I believe the theory that Linda is actually Audrey by another name. We've never seen Linda -- and, quite possibly, could be just another disposable name drop like Chuck, Trick, and the others -- but maybe Audrey is still in a coma being cared for in the trailer park after she was left indigent by her father for some reason or another. 

It's just a theory -- and since I'm buying into it, is likely completely without basis -- but that's what I'm sticking with for now. :) 

Ah ... it is indeed a snow globe -- but it's still kinda a crystal ball? 

14 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I don't think we are really given enough information.

We never are, that's why I like to believe theories on the internet. It keeps me amused between episodes that eventually prove all the theories wrong. 

I know a lot of people are holding out hope that Diane isn't actually working for Mr. C but I feel like the chain smoking is one of the clues that she actually is. Smoking is a way of interacting with fire. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, PatternRec said:

I know a lot of people are holding out hope that Diane isn't actually working for Mr. C but I feel like the chain smoking is one of the clues that she actually is. Smoking is a way of interacting with fire. 

Gotta light?

• Love 2