Type keyword(s) to search

At Home With Amy Sedaris - General Discussion

• Start Topic

"First Dates" – Wednesday, June 24 at 10:00pm ET/PT

In this very special episode of At Home with Amy Sedaris, Amy shows us how to prepare for a first date, by preparing for a first date. Soon she will meet in person the man she's been corresponding with through a letter-writing romance. Before he arrives, Amy prepares a meal, crafts a special gift and enlists Chassie for a makeover. She also talks flower arrangements with Patty Hogg and practices, "first dating" with first date expert Tony the Knife Man. Will Amy's first date work out? Will Amy get stuck in a cage? Will her meal explode? Tune in to find out!

It's too bad the traffic has slowed down here, because these last few episodes have been some of the best IMO.  It's a nice contrast between Amy's pathetic lonely life and her narcissistic sense of superiority.  Great to see a snarky Patty Hogg, the regional wine lady, and the Lady Who Lives in the Woods.

I now know I'm slow because this is the first time I've realized that Amy's Crafting Corner assistant (Puta, I think her name is) is played by the same actress who plays Esther.  I loved Esther's passive aggression over not having a TV.  

2 hours ago, rmontro said:

I now know I'm slow because this is the first time I've realized that Amy's Crafting Corner assistant (Puta, I think her name is) is played by the same actress who plays Esther.  I loved Esther's passive aggression over not having a TV.  

Not the same person, 

Ana Fabrega is Esther

Ana-Fabrega-AHWAS20Cast20Ana.thumb.jpg.552d02f5444096116f1b5337f7435f15.jpg

and Moujan Zolfaghari is Puja

Moujan-Zolfaghari-AHWAS20Cast20Moujan.thumb.jpg.d4fb5c14bc45396ffa3040e8316e7e37.jpg

• Useful 1

"Dips and Dunkers" – Wednesday, July 8 at 10:00pm ET/PT

In this very special episode of At Home with Amy Sedaris, Amy hosts a party to watch the big game! Amy is not usually thought of as a sporting fan, but she's willing to play along if it means attracting a younger TV watching demographic. Amy, along with a special guest, teaches us how to prepare the perfect game day dip. Amy also takes time out to help promote the network's new electrifying homemaking show, Chris Linnseed's Mindfeast! Game day is off to a rousing start, until it's derailed by murder. Will they find the culprit? Will the home team win? Will the dip be matched with the right chips? Tune in to find out! Guest appearances from Rachel Dratch, Bridget Everett, and Darrell Hammond.

17 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Amy also takes time out to help promote the network's new electrifying homemaking show, Chris Linnseed's Mindfeast! 

"Electrifying" homemaking show, that's pretty funny considering what happened to him.  

Delayed reaction:  I didn't know that the episode a few weeks back was based on the old movie Lady in a Cage, right down to the design of the elevator.  I just happened upon a picture of it, I've never seen the movie.  Didn't know that episode was a parody.  

35 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Delayed reaction:  I didn't know that the episode a few weeks back was based on the old movie Lady in a Cage, right down to the design of the elevator.  I just happened upon a picture of it, I've never seen the movie.  Didn't know that episode was a parody. 

You can watch "Lady in a Cage" for free in you have Amazon Prime Video.

1213320526_LadyinaCage.thumb.jpg.f7fd9103f2a03c918fe29dc7129e0040.jpg

1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

You can watch "Lady in a Cage" for free in you have Amazon Prime Video.

Thanks to Amy, I can't look at that picture without laughing.

• Love 1

"Signature Dishes" – Wednesday, July 15 at 10:00pm ET/PT

Amy prepares her famous ginger snap recipe to be sanctioned by the Culinary Academy; food critic Janice Shanks accuses Amy of plagiarizing the recipe; Patty feels her vegetarian goose liver salad was snubbed by the academy.

Chaos breaks out when two teams of best friends enter the Pepperdome. Sweat will drip, dance moves will bust out, and one shirt will desperately need dry cleaning, all for the chance to win $25,000.

at-home-with-amy-sedaris_6.jpg?itok=Nzf2

1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

Patty feels her vegetarian goose liver salad was snubbed by the academy.

I laughed just reading that.

Pepperdome?  Does that mean they're going to be on Hot Ones?

15 minutes ago, rmontro said:

I laughed just reading that.

Pepperdome?  Does that mean they're going to be on Hot Ones?

There were two different descriptions, the first matches the gist of the title and clip. The second one seems a little far-fetched, and I wonder if it is correct. I guess we will see tomorrow.

On 7/14/2020 at 11:14 PM, AnimeMania said:

There were two different descriptions, the first matches the gist of the title and clip. The second one seems a little far-fetched, and I wonder if it is correct. I guess we will see tomorrow.

No Pepperdome.  I think a description of Hot Ones got mixed up with the Amy Sedaris episode.  We did get Culinary Award, made me hungry for ginger snaps.  Not one of the better episodes though.  At least the Regional Wine Lady got her song in, it's been awhile.

In this very special episode of At Home with Amy Sedaris, Amy prepares her famous Ginger Snap recipe to be sanctioned by the Culinary Academy as her very own signature dish! But when former local food critic Janice Shanks realizes the recipe may be plagiarized, she threatens to expose her unless Amy does the right thing. Patty is not much of an ally feeling fed up she was snubbed by the academy for her far superior vegetarian goose liver salad. Chassie is certain Janice is after something much more, forcing Amy to be honest about her ginger snaps. What is it? Tune in to find out! Guest appearance from Ann Dowd.

3 hours ago, rmontro said:

Not one of the better episodes though.  At least the Regional Wine Lady got her song in, it's been awhile.

Janice Shanks groping the Culinary Academy Lady was great and I think they had a good line about salads (I might be thinking about another show though).

"Inspiration" – Wednesday, July 22 at 10:00pm ET/PT

In this very special episode of At Home with Amy Sedaris, Amy explores inspiration, the place where ideas come from, with a local children's author, a local theater director and a local lady who lives in the woods.

Amy explores inspiration with a children's author, a theater director and a woman who lives in the woods; Amy reveals the person who inspired her to become the hostess she is today.

In a new episode called "Inspiration," Amy (Amy Sedaris) explores that subject with a children's author, a theater director and — just because this is that kind of show — an eccentric woman who lives in the woods. Later, Amy reveals the person who most profoundly inspired her to become the glamorous, boundlessly creative hostess she is today. Guest stars include David Alan Grier, Jackie Hoffman and Richard Kind.

That was a good episode.  I liked the lady at the beginning who wrote the children's book about backpacking in South America.  The Lady who Lives in the Woods is one of my favorite spots - Ruth and Esther  reminds me of some people I've known.  Amy was reunited with her old partner, Mr. Poplin, who had eyes for Cassie.  Looks like he's in for a surprise.

Season 3 finale: "New Year's" – Wednesday, July 29 at 10:00pm ET/PT

In this very special At Home with Amy Sedaris special, Amy rings in the New Year! Amy shows us how to prepare for the big countdown.

On New Year’s Eve, Amy learns how to build a Champagne tower with a world-renowned Champagne glass engineer, then discusses clocks with a local clocksman; Paul Rudd (Living With Yourself), Michael McKean (Better Call Saul), Chris Parnell and Arturo Castro guest-star. 

Odd to watch a New Year's episode in July, complete with snow on the ground.  Nothing funnier than the old "Amy is a spinster" jokes, watching her try to join in on the square dancing without a partner.  She sure manages to draw some heavyweight guest stars, Paul Rudd in this one, and an honorable mention to Michael McKean.

• Love 1

It’s very like her to do an odd New Year’s episode in July. I liked the favorite clips of Amy and Chassie’s best fights, and of course, Paul Rudd.

Last week’s episode with David Alan Grier as her former mentor/lover was probably the funniest of the season IMO. I just hope he didn’t get salmonella poisoning from those egg smashes.

• Love 1

I'm just now watching Season 3 on HBO Max. Was the knife guy always so creepy? The writers are really spot on with the film references, so far there's Picnic and Lady in a Cage. There are probably some others that I'm missing.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 1

Pattu Hogg is not saying "I've said too much, I've said too much" as often. My new favorite quotable lines from her are in the Baby episode: "Amy Lou, you are without child and you are without wits," and "Oh my sweet Jesus!"