Type keyword(s) to search

Life Of Kylie - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Half of everything is about this person I don't even know

...or care about.  Though I do like Jordyn more than I like the dim assistant Victoria, or Tokyo and Ariel.  The thing is, the show acts like Jordyn is someone we should know, but we don't.  I recall seeing her once on KUWTK.  She is a model, I guess, and has her own line of something.  Why?  She is a celebrity adjunct, so she gets to be a model and have her own fashion line.  Don't like her constant whining about not having her own life.  Nobody is forcing you to be Kylie's Malika.   Being best friends doesn't mean doing everything with your best friend and being at their beck and call, so much so that you don't have your own life.  If that is what you want to do with your life, fine, just stop complaining about your own choice and acting like it is a prison sentence imposed by the rest of the world not yourself.  How come this type of situation only seems to happen with famous people and not in real life?

Tired of Kylie whining how hard it is to be famous, and how mean the internet can be, and how regular she is while at the same time trying to portray how unexpected fame is to her.  Nobody not named Kris is forcing this life on you.

Would like to focus on the presentation of Kylie, the amazing business woman.  All Kylie and Jordyn do is hang out all day and prepare for/do photo shoots or take pictures for instagram.  Business people work business hours in offices.  Kylie stops by and is brought a few choices by people who actually do work and she chooses what she likes.  I am pretty sure any of the other choices would work pretty much the same.  A business was handed to her: "Mom, I want to have a makeup line."  Kris brought in real business people who put together a makeup line that got attention due to Kylie putting her name on it and instagram.   Because of her name, the line became successful, yet she thinks she is an entrepreneur who actually started a successful business. 

Nothing happens on this show.  It is just boring and worst of all, it is fake.  Kylie has a new boyfriend...can't talk about that.  So much for "reality." 

I will give Kylie credit for being nice to the sick girl, but of course it was done on camera and she was a friend of Kris' daughter, so my admiration is tempered a bit. 

Upshot:  Don't like Kylie (or Kendall) and never will.  Life of Kylie is an epic fail that I hate-watch.  Just bugs me that she is famous, rich, yet so undeserving.  There is absolutely no reason Kylie is even famous.  Is there any real reason she is the famous one and not Jordyn for instance?  Her scared child behavior at the Met Gala shows there is no there there.  She is not especially beautiful and what she has is "enhanced" anyway.  She is not talented, not particularly intelligent (I forget, there was something simple that she had no idea about and had to be told.), and certainly not another Elizabeth Arden, cosmetics queen.   She is just a creation of social media and fame by association.  She is Kim Version II.  Sucks that these are the people the media forces down the public's throats as celebrities.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Upshot:  Don't like Kylie (or Kendall) and never will.  Life of Kylie is an epic fail that I hate-watch.  Just bugs me that she is famous, rich, yet so undeserving.  There is absolutely no reason Kylie is even famous.  Is there any real reason she is the famous one and not Jordyn for instance?  Her scared child behavior at the Met Gala shows there is no there there.  She is not especially beautiful and what she has is "enhanced" anyway.  She is not talented, not particularly intelligent (I forget, there was something simple that she had no idea about and had to be told.), and certainly not another Elizabeth Arden, cosmetics queen.   She is just a creation of social media and fame by association.  She is Kim Version II.  Sucks that these are the people the media forces down the public's throats as celebrities.

I can't hate her or any of the Kartrashians.  We are to blame for their fame.  No one forced people to follow them on Instagram, no one forced people to watch their shows.  They are famous because we,  the public made them famous; and why that is, I have some idea, but not 100% sure.  Kris isn't a genius, she just got lucky.  Had she tried this forty years ago, it wouldn't have worked because their looks would not have been as well received as they are today.

As for undeserving; well she's undeserving because she has no talent.

11 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Nobody is forcing you to be Kylie's Malika. 

And who says Kylie doesn't think she's that much better than Jordyn? I recall Khloe getting all snarky on Malika when she and Malika were having a tiff and dropped a nasty comment with a smug look in her talking head about Malika's problem might be that she's dating "Ronnie from the Jersey shore" . As if that's the best she can do...  Better Ronnie than a crack head washed up NBA player who has been cheating on her since day one. Glass houses Khloe!!!

Jordyn will get the same treatment one day, she's merely a hanger on who the Kardashians and Kylie allow into the inner circle, but only so far in. Anyone want to bet she's also signed a non disclosure agreement?

• Love 5

I've been doing it all wrong! My 18 year old is in her second year of college - a nursing major. 

But Kylie is the perfect role model for her generation!

To think, I really should have been encouraging my daughter to date an older, mediocre rapper with a baby mama! 

I've made so many bad choices!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

I've been doing it all wrong! My 18 year old is in her second year of college - a nursing major. 

To think, I really should have been encouraging my daughter to date an older, mediocre rapper with a baby mama! 

Still not too late for a sex tape!!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

I laughed so hard when I read this.  

The sad thing is, a Kylie IS a role model to a lot of young girls, probably more than someone like your daughter.  

I mean think about it, not everybody can get into college, not everybody can major in nursing, like your daughter.  For some girls the choices are getting with some mediocre rapper, or flipping burgers.  

When I was in college, some forty years ago, I had a sociology professor who said that Americans were moving away from being "average," that everybody wanted to be a celebrity, and he saw this in 1978.

• Love 6

Kylie and Jordyn continue their trip in Peru while exploring their friendship and future; the guidance of a shaman reading and a commitment ceremony leads Kylie and Jordyn into the next chapter of their lives.

5 hours ago, nexxie said:

"There's no prenup, fuck." ~ Kris Jenner

Kris would literally shit her pants if there was a real K wedding without a prenup.

Just the fact that she thought of that made me LMAO 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, GaT said:

Just the fact that she thought of that made me LMAO 

No pre nup... no wedding. Kris would take whatever steps needed to keep that from happening. She'd do anything... anything. She's fucking ruthless. 

1 hour ago, GaT said:

Yes, it's done. Thank goodness.

I was really hoping she'd end the season by getting out of the reality show business and going her own way - used to think Kourtney would do that, but...

• Love 1