Type keyword(s) to search

Life Of Kylie - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1. When Kylie learns of a bullied fan looking for a prom date, she plans to surprise him as his date, but her quest hits a huge obstacle at the airport.

2. Kylie finally makes it to her first prom and gives dateless fan, Albert, the surprise of his life; Kylie plays wingman and coaches Jordyn through a blind date despite Jordyn's concerns of bringing an outsider into the group.

Boring!!! Has this show even premiered yet? I just read the description and I already know I won't be watching. It seems like this is set up like Khloe's revenge body show. Baby Kylie to the rescue! Yawn.

• Love 2

Seeing those old videos and flashbacks is really sad. Kylie doesn't even look like the same person - she looks like a plastic doll now - so much like Kim. She used to be so cute.

I'm not really here for her "woe is me" sob story. And why was her best friend at the prom too? I got a weird vibe from her.

• Love 3

That was kind of boring, I guess the plan is to show us that Kylie is just a regular girl.

4 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

And why was her best friend at the prom too? I got a weird vibe from her.

Well, she has a IMDB page, you know, like other people who act

• Love 1

Will this show be recapped? 

After watching years of Kylie's sleepy mopey confessionals in KUWTK, I'm surprised she agreed to do her own show. 

So I thought this was kind of interesting:  A few days ago I was googling reviews of this show and I found some links to one of the show's producers, Will Ontiveros, discussing how they selected Kylie's prom date.  However the link and any accompanying blurbs have been deleted.  I wonder why.  Also interesting to point out:  this is the same Will Ontiveros who was subject #1 on the premiere of Revenge Body with Khloe. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

I'm not really here for her "woe is me" sob story. And why was her best friend at the prom too? I got a weird vibe from her.

What is a "weird vibe?"

Actually, her best friend seemed kind of normal, very un-plastic.

Edited by Neurochick

Things I learnt from this show:

- Kylie has a very limited vocabulary

- She is a narcissist 

I think if this was the younger version of her doing the show, who actually had personality, it would be interesting, but for the most part it is quite dull. Also, all the Kardashians/Jenner seem to struggle to eat food properly to avoid messing up their makeup. It must take forever to eat.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

What is a "weird vibe?"

Eh, she just seems like a hanger-on, like her job is Kylie's best friend. I know they've been friends for awhile and she is supposedly a model, but it rubbed me the wrong way that she went to the prom with Kylie (she wasn't the only one - her hairstylist had to come too?). I agree she looks very un-plastic, which is refreshing. It must suck if you're friends with someone before they get really famous because it seems exhausting to be friends with Kylie.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Procrastinate said:

Things I learnt from this show:

- Kylie has a very limited vocabulary

- She is a narcissist 

I think if this was the younger version of her doing the show, who actually had personality, it would be interesting, but for the most part it is quite dull. Also, all the Kardashians/Jenner seem to struggle to eat food properly to avoid messing up their makeup. It must take forever to eat.

I also learned that Kylie's need for a belated Prom experience subterfuges actual high school kids' prom experience.  What 19 year old would want to crash that event?  She's been to the Met Ball.

When Kylie was 17 and wrapping up her online HS diploma she was dating  26 year old rapper with a kid.  I don't believe she didn't have male teenage friends that wouldn't have loved to take her to their HS prom.

My youngest child is exactly the age Kylie was when her family started filming KUWTK.  Last night we had a bad thunderstorm at 2am and I went into check on him and he was clutching his favorite stuffed animal under several blankets.  I can't imagine pulling a kid that age out of school, making them have a job, opening their life up to public scrutiny, and ultimately giving them plastic surgery coupons to twist their own face into a clownish grimace around the time they get an official driver's license.  And then also allowing them to date a 26 year old rapper with a kid.  

• Love 6

According to Showbuzzdaily, Life of Kyle episode 1 and 2 came in at Sunday cable tv rankings of #12 and #13.  Despite these episodes airing back-to-back, a significant number of Neilson viewers opted not to watch episode #2.

Rob & Chyna sh!t show debuted at over 2M projected viewers nearly a year ago.  Life of Kylie premiere:  1.1M.

• Love 1

(Copying parts of my posts about this show from Kylie's KUWTK thread - should've put them here.)

My heart goes out to Kylie - in the preview she says she doesn't remember life before KUWTK.

Kylie mentioned going to therapy on the show - great idea; maybe they can get to the bottom of her exploding lips obsession before she permanently destroys her face. 

Maybe someday she'll do it on her own. On edit, she IS doing it - the things she said to the therapist were thoughtful and made sense - maybe, ironically, this show will help her exit the business.

Hope she makes it to freedom - really liked the beach scene; just two young friends having simple fun.

20 hours ago, nexxie said:

(Hope she makes it to freedom - really liked the beach scene; just two young friends having simple fun.

Seemed that way, but was horribly contrived by having E! camera crews follow them there (the lighting director should have his/her name added to the show's title by this point)

These roller shoes were popular several years ago and I never saw anyone over the age of 12 actively using these things. 

Jordyn seems exhausted hauling Kylie's ego around.  I hope she gets her own show some day. 

After struggling with her squad's boundaries, Kylie has to draw the line between friend and boss as a CEO; Kylie and Jordyn attempt to launch a sting operation when her brand's reputation is hit with a flood of fake lip kits.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, nexxie said:

(Copying parts of my posts about this show from Kylie's KUWTK thread - should've put them here.)

My heart goes out to Kylie - in the preview she says she doesn't remember life before KUWTK.

Kylie mentioned going to therapy on the show - great idea; maybe they can get to the bottom of her exploding lips obsession before she permanently destroys her face. 

Maybe someday she'll do it on her own. On edit, she IS doing it - the things she said to the therapist were thoughtful and made sense - maybe, ironically, this show will help her exit the business.

Hope she makes it to freedom - really liked the beach scene; just two young friends having simple fun.

I doubt that therapy session was legit.  Any real therapist would not have allowed any second of a session to be filmed, nor their office, waiting room, parking lot etc.  That Kylie and Jordyn snuck through a back door (while being filmed) like they were about to pull a prank, doesn't seem like a build up to any legit therapy session.  The way the therapist room was set up so Kylie's chair was right up against a large fish tank - these are not distractions legit therapist populate their offices with. 

• Love 2

I'm ashamed to say that I tuned in to watch both episodes of this show. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I don't feel bad for Kylie when she talks about her struggles with being famous. If she didn't like it, she wouldn't constantly be seeking attention on social media or doing this reality show in the first place.

She was a cute girl with personality prior to all of the plastic surgery. She's had a lot of work done already for someone so young.

• Love 5

The first two episodes failed to create any conflict for Kylie to overcome, and also seemed to go out of its way to avoid addressing any real conflict or issues any casual Kylie fan/hater is already aware of.  The Lambo she doesn't have time to drive, doesn't like to drive, but bothers to gender (it's a male) is likely the same Lambo Tyga was driving earlier this year.  It would make her a little more relatable and sympathetic if she admitted she's got her ex's gift car chilling in her garage because she's not ready to let go. 

• Love 1

Recut...: like her face, ass and tits.  Too bad they can't recut her personality... or actually give her one.

Her family is  panicked because viewers thought the show boring.  I'm guessing they didn't bother watching a preview. Or maybe they did and  thought it was fascinating. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2

I guess this is their way of addressing all the complaints about her makeup. I don't know how much of the problems are real & how many are due to fakes.

I just happen to notice as the show was ending that it's a product of "Kylie Jenner Productions", Kylie has her own production company.

Are any of Kylie's fans watching this, thinking being a CEO of a semi-billion $$ company is sitting in a makeup chair for hours and face-timing Mom whenever something comes up?  Or having your Mom face-time you, to tell you how to run your life/semi-billion $$ company?  This plot line does actually seem like the life of a typical 14 19 year old.

• Love 2

If shes such an expert in applying her own makeup as she claims to be, why the need for  a full time make up artist? 

I don't care how much money she makes, I couldn't live having to be tarted up and dressed up constantly. I can't tell you how many invites I pass up because I've no desire to spend the necessary time getting myself dressed and made up and then having to worry about lipstick on my teeth or a wardrobe mishap.  I'd rather stay home and loll about in my pjs and eat ice cream out of the carton. 

She always acts like it's such an effort to have a conversation or even move. There's no sense of youth or vitality or enthusiasm in her. She looks like a jaded 40 yr old and has the same mental outlook. It's a shame that Kris thinks being a CEO at 19 and having tons of money is what's it's all about. And I think her kids have gotten the message that the love mommy gives to each is in proportion to the amount of bragging she can do about you. 

She fawns over Kim and Kylie. Is overly enthusiastic about Khloe, now that she's lost weight and is bringing the sexy. Walks a fine line with Kourtney in order to avoid being called on her fakeness and even though she carries on about Kendall, there's a hesitancy to try and  claim any credit for her success for fear that Kendall will make herself scarce and Kris won't be front and center at the fashion shows.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, iwasish said:

It's a shame that Kris thinks being a CEO at 19 and having tons of money is what's it's all about. And I think her kids have gotten the message that the love mommy gives to each is in proportion to the amount of bragging she can do about you. 

She fawns over Kim and Kylie. Is overly enthusiastic about Khloe, now that she's lost weight and is bringing the sexy. Walks a fine line with Kourtney in order to avoid being called on her fakeness and even though she carries on about Kendall, there's a hesitancy to try and  claim any credit for her success for fear that Kendall will make herself scarce and Kris won't be front and center at the fashion shows.

I don’t see how the pots and the kettles in this family could call each other out on anything, least of all fakeness.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Veronique Bette said:

I don’t see how the pots and the kettles in this family could call each other out on anything, least of all fakeness.

Kourtney and Kris have always had a strange relationship. There's a lot of underlying resentment from Kourtney. I think it hinges on Kris's infidelity and the subsequent divorce. But I agree with you that they are all fake.

• Love 1

She always acts like it's such an effort to have a conversation or even move. There's no sense of youth or vitality or enthusiasm in her.

Maybe it's because she's more silicone than human flesh?

I always seem to catch Kardashshian shows when I visit my daughter in her college town. It's that time of year again and I was lucky enough to watch this gem!

Kylie strokes her weave far too much and her acolytes are too dumb to know her makeup brand is the same as many others with her name slapped on it (and the enormous markup).

I had to laugh out loud when this dingbat claimed she came up with the formula that makes her makeup "different."

Didn't go to her prom, didn't finish high school in the traditional manner, but I'm supposed to believe that this "CEO" has enough chemistry knowledge to reinvent talc and pigment?

Her face has been so augmented, that it looks like she has trouble speaking - but I don't think her vocabulary had a great start to begin with.

Dare I say it? Add a few cheek piercings and Kylie Jenner is actually "Whyte Chyna"

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

Maybe it's because she's more silicone than human flesh?

I always seem to catch Kardashshian shows when I visit my daughter in her college town. It's that time of year again and I was lucky enough to watch this gem!

Kylie strokes her weave far too much and her acolytes are too dumb to know her makeup brand is the same as many others with her name slapped on it (and the enormous markup).

I had to laugh out loud when this dingbat claimed she came up with the formula that makes her makeup "different."

Didn't go to her prom, didn't finish high school in the traditional manner, but I'm supposed to believe that this "CEO" has enough chemistry knowledge to reinvent talc and pigment?

Her face has been so augmented, that it looks like she has trouble speaking - but I don't think her vocabulary had a great start to begin with.

Dare I say it? Add a few cheek piercings and Kylie Jenner is actually "Whyte Chyna"

Oh yeah I've been thinking this for a long time. 

There are moments when, if she were darker skinned,  she would look just like Chyna.  I see less Kim than Chyna.

• Love 3

Kylie struggles to keep her private life out of the public eye after running into a certain ex-boyfriend at a major music festival; she hits a low point when every move she makes goes viral.

On 14/08/2017 at 0:10 PM, iwasish said:

Her family is  panicked because viewers thought the show boring.  I'm guessing they didn't bother watching a preview. Or maybe they did and  thought it was fascinating. 

Viewers aren't stupid. All it tries to do is make is make the audience sympathise with Kylie because she can't live a "normal" life and it fails hard at that I have to say.

• Love 1

This show is only ½ hour, why do they show previews for the episode that is going to be on?

Anybody want to take bets on how long those chickens have been dead?

• Love 2
17 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

That Bentley is the color of Pepto Bismol

Does having a lot of money automatically make you lose all sense of taste?

Gaudy and garish.

Jordyn is a slob.

Just random thoughts.

Gaudy and garish? Of course, plain black or white wouldn't be so attention grabbing and attract the paparazzi. And then they might not get their recommended daily allowance of famewhoredom and not be able to bitch about the invasion of the privacy they so crave.

22 hours ago, nexxie said:

Funny how Kylie still calls Caitlyn "Dad" - like she just got into one of Kylie's make-up kits while working up a Halloween costume.

I have to  agree with her. I couldn't call my father anything but Dad.  "Mom " is reserved for my mother and  I couldn't wrap tongue around a female name.  

• Love 1

Kylie and her Glam Squad must deliver an iconic look for the celebrity-filled Met Gala as a special guest of Versace. After a wild weekend on the East Coast, Jordyn wonders if she's living her own life, or getting lost in Kylie's.

48 minutes ago, Artsda said:

So I guess they had no rights to use the word Coachella? What's with all the "music festival" references?.

No way is Kris going to let a brand name be used on the show without getting paid for it.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Artsda said:

So I guess they had no rights to use the word Coachella? What's with all the "music festival" references?

Interesting Kris let Cait be on the show.

She doesn't want to piss off Kylie, (it's still her dad)after all and Kylie has got a much longer shelf life as a $$$$$ producer than Kim, and doesn't have the sex tape baggage (at least not yet) Kris can still amass a second fortune off of the percentage she collects of Kylie's earnings. 

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:59 PM, GaT said:

No way is Kris going to let a brand name be used on the show without getting paid for it.

Might be smart of her not to have her (childrens') brand associated with another music festival after Fyre.

I live in a gated community and the HOA is extremely strict - no way I'd be allowed to raise chickens here (we can't even have a vegetable garden in our backyards) and this isn't even a Calabasas gated community.

Has anyone been to Coachella?  If so, is it actually fun for us normals or is it mostly a wealthy 1% CA fashion sh!t show?

• Love 1

What strikes me about this show is the difference between the makeup-free, sweats-wearing Kylie gleefully fooling around with her friends - and the primped, plumped and polished Kylie dressed and on display for her job. She's like a kid playing makeup - and then panicking when she has to make an appearance, frantically calling her sister and friends for support.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, nexxie said:

What strikes me about this show is the difference between the makeup-free, sweats-wearing Kylie gleefully fooling around with her friends - and the primped, plumped and polished Kylie dressed and on display for her job. 

I think that's actually the premise for the show she says in the promo “There’s an image that I have to keep up with, then there’s me: Kylie,”

On 8/23/2017 at 2:57 PM, OnceSane said:

After a wild weekend on the East Coast, Jordyn wonders if she's living her own life, or getting lost in Kylie's.

Replace Kylie with Kim, Khloe or Kourtney.  Replace Jordyn with Malika, Jonathan, or Scott.  Interchange as needed, and lather/rinse/repeat.  Zzzzzz.

• Love 3