Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Feral Fungi

18 minutes ago, KCMUSSMAN said:

Mounting horns can be tricky and also can injure the model. I have a lot of experience in these methods and I wanted to apply my knowledge to help the models and artists.

Yeah, that was when you stood out to me and I was like "okay, I'm rooting for her!"

27 minutes ago, KCMUSSMAN said:

I saw f/o season 1 in Israel where I was living at the time and that is what encouraged me ti move to L.A and open a shop. I always wanted to be on the show. It was a dream come true.

That is AWESOME! Good on you for making your dream come true. I hope you had a great time on the show and made some great connections. You're in a tough business so making some good connections is pretty powerful stuff.

Thank you for answering my question about the teams. Makes sense. Like everything there are pros and cons. I think what you kind of touched on is what is frustrating me about this season. I don't feel like we really got to see each of your personal styles. I'd love to have seen what some of you would have done on the challenges if you didn't have to be cohesive with your team. I feel like it might have robbed us of some more creative designs for the sake of unity.

• Love 7

KC, I appreciated your kind words about Phil.  He seemed to be nice, helpful, and enthusiastic.  I wish he had received even more kind words from the judges than we were shown.

Many of the eliminated contestants seemed really nice; I wish we could have gotten to known everyone a bit more.

Okay-here is a question: is Mr. Westmore as awesome as he seems?  I realize there's bias in the question, but he just seems like he wants everyone to do well.  How was he most able to help people?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KCMUSSMAN said:

As for the team format there where a lit of pros and cons. 

I loved working with a team. Sharing the work and having people ti support you. 

But the firmat felt restrictive to me and I rarely got to do makeups that I felt reflected my style. Everything was a compramise to match up to other team mates and to conform to the foreman. 

Nelson for instance is one of the most talented hard working people I know... Super humble and helps everyone, but he got lost in the team format as did Phil ... Also super talented sculptor. Its hard to keep your identity in this shop format. 

Another problem was the physical wear. Im a strong shop tech and a lot of the shopwork in T6 fell on me and Phil... It wore us out and I got a serious neck injury on the dream house episode and had to get physical therapy after the show. During the lastest episodes I was getting steroid shots for my neck. But Andrew and Phil and Nelson always helped lift me up and lent a hand. (its a lot of hard work and by the end of each challenge we are beat)

Thanks so much for this!  I think the restrictiveness of the format was frustrating to us as viewers, as well - it didn't allow as much room for individual expression and variety, or afford us an opportunity to get to know each of you for what inspires you most, and what you do best.  

Sorry to hear about all the physical wear and tear.  Glad you were able to be supportive of one another as best you could.

Hope this launches everybody further on in careers that they love!  

• Love 2

Thanks for answering my question, KC.  Sorry to hear you got hurt on the show, but awesome to hear that the cooperation between the contestants I've always loved about this show is still there. Hope you stick around the forums, I love getting the inside scoop.  Best of luck in your career

6 hours ago, KCMUSSMAN said:

They told us that each team had an equal to their skills and abilities

One more question KC, not sure there is a clear cut answer, but what would you say your preferred area is........beauty makeup, or other types that would go with the horns, like aliens, or zombies, or more gory crazy stuff?  I think this is more challenge specific question, but I'm curious.  One of the big deals from season to season (not only on this show, but others I watch) is that a person may be mad talented, but out of their zone. 

Dang, just realized this should be in another forum, like media or something so to keep it here on this FO episode.........it was awesome.  Can't wait for next week.  Who knew how the semis would come out.  Good enough?

5 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Okay-here is a question: is Mr. Westmore as awesome as he seems?  I realize there's bias in the question, but he just seems like he wants everyone to do well.  How was he most able to help people?

Adding to this, I'm sure you have more time with him than we get to see, do you get to hear some of his stories about some of the makeups he's done over the years?

Also fan girlie out here!!!! KC!!! OMG>>>>>How cool! I love it when the contestants come on the boards!

I really, really hope we NEVER have teams again. Not being able too see what the contestants could do was BORING... First time I've had to re watch the shows because I fell asleep!

9 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Not being able too see what the contestants could do was BORING... First time I've had to re watch the shows because I fell asleep!

First time through this ep I ended up turning it off when I realized I had no idea what was going on because I wasn't paying any attention.

There are a few people on this season I wouldn't mind seeing again in a regular season to see what they can really do. A lot of them I won't miss at all, but I think a few of them had more potential than what we got to see. I do feel the team format hurt some of them creatively. Like, I would have liked Faina is better than what we saw this challenge and I think had she been able to work on her own she could have come up with something better than a starfish popping out of an eye socket. That was pretty terrible.

• Love 1

Yeah, this team format has been awful.  I didn't even know who Phil was when he was eliminated.  Actually, I think the only contestant whose name I've learned is Faina, and that's only because her name is unusual, as is her red hair.  I feel cheated, because one of the things I've always enjoyed about this show was getting the sense of each artist's creative vision and unique skill sets over the course of the challenges.   If someone excels at beauty makeup or sculpting, I want them to be able to do that as often as they feel inspired to, and not be constrained by having to conform to the color palette or the structural shapes of the team.  I watch this show to see amazing artistry, and I want each contestant to shine to their best ability.  We've been deprived of that, plus not having the opportunity to really get to know the individual artists just makes it worse.   

It's awesome (gnarly, even!) that KC stopped by.  I'll be rooting for her now for having distinguished herself to me, as a viewer/fan of this show.