Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: The Queen's Justice

• Start Topic

Hooray to Sam for saving Jorah!  I know he was given the chore of copying over old scrolls and books as a punishment but I'm thinking that they will be the old texts regarding the White Walkers that he's been asking to read and that his punishment is actually his reward.

When Littlefinger was talking with Sansa about imagining every possibility and seeing everyone as your enemy, did anyone else get a deja vu feeling back to his "don't trust anyone, even me" conversation with Ned? 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Couver said:

Has Cersei always lived with the prophecy looming over her though? I thought she only flashed back to it after Joffrey's death and started to give it real weight after Myrcella's death? I can't buy that that's what made her who she is. I think she's always been a horrible person. Even young Cersei in that flasbhack was a cocky little shit who threatened that witch if she didn't do what she told her. Cersei's pride and vanity have always clouded her judgment and made her the monster that she is not any maternal sense of protection. I think she hides behind that to rationalize things to herself.

Jamie was so foolish when he told Olenna people wouldn't care once Cersei brought peace after defeating her enemies. One thing the show has depicted well is that Cersei will never not have enemies. She'll beat some but then inevitably make more. Peace was a real possibility with Tommen in power but her jealousy of Margaery  caused her to literally blow up any chance at peace up.

Oh - I'm not saying it's made her who she is. 
I just mean whenever she mentions her children - i always wonder - how deep is that mourning. like she's going on and on about Myrcella..and in the back of my head is like yah but this made you one step closer to queen, you knew this was going to happen, how sad are you really?  is this about Myrcella, or was this about just ending a threat for you (or i mean obviously both but where's the split?)

Jamie is an idiot. 

• Love 1

Cersei is gross and horrible.  The reason she is winning, for now, is because she's using old fashioned racism and xenophobia, which unfortunately works even today.  People, no matter how educated or wealthy, are afraid of change.  Cersei's telling everybody, "I may be a bitch, but you know me.  You don't know Daenerys or what she'll do if she wins."  

If you told people, "tomorrow your government will change, but it will be better for you," a good number of people would freak out, because change is scary.

• Love 7

Yeah, all she has left are 40,000 Dothraki and three dragons. Subtlety is out the window, time to bring the sledgehammer

I think the 40,000 Dothraki are not much of a factor.  They're in a strange land and have never faced men in armor.  10,000 of Jamie's men would cut them to pieces in a few minutes.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/31/2017 at 7:20 AM, Neurochick said:

Cersei is gross and horrible.  The reason she is winning, for now, is because she's using old fashioned racism and xenophobia, which unfortunately works even today.  People, no matter how educated or wealthy, are afraid of change.  Cersei's telling everybody, "I may be a bitch, but you know me.  You don't know Daenerys or what she'll do if she wins."  

If you told people, "tomorrow your government will change, but it will be better for you," a good number of people would freak out, because change is scary.

I am always amazed that Daenerys' accomplishments are dismissed or ignored by so many fans, yet in the show these accomplishments are driving the opposition to her. Cersei argues to the Iron Bank that Daenerys is a revolutionary because she freed slaves and punished their masters resulting in social and economic upheaval. Daenerys has improved the lives of hundreds of thousands of people across the Narrow Sea, but for some elements such as the Iron Bank and the nobles this is to feared and rejected.  Yet this is the very reason that I think Daenerys earned the right to rule Westeros and that suddenly important "people" would flourish under her rule. She is more than her titles, however, so many people seem unable to see beyond this.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 15

Couple quick notes.

Euron, as a character, fucking sucks. He's everything I hate about television villains, he's far too much of an 'old fashioned' character for a show with people like Jaime, Tyrion, and Sansa all on it. He's too twisty moustache for my taste, and it's entirely unearned. He's been in like four total episodes out of 63, he feels like he's dropped in. His mannerisms are like a pro wrestler's, and no subject, regardless of what they brought, would approach the stairs to the iron throne like that. And he's going to be all over the new topic I'm starting, "I love you GOT, but..." about pet peeves. I was thrilled we got to see a little bit of Highgarden (Tarly's forces did not seem like overwhelming in number, the show did kind of a bad job showing us why Highgarden fell so easily...just the physical position of the castle makes it look pretty tough to topple, and their whole thing is resistance to siege due to their overwhelming resources). I wanted some more of Casterly Rock.

Did anyone else think Tyene and Ellaria got of a little less gruesomely than they'd feared? I thought for sure there was going to be some tender Mountainstein loving, Unella style. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, rbnum1fan said:

Jamie KNEW they were coming to Castlery Rock and made planned accordingly. I would think Cersi and Jamie would expect an all out frontal assault on KL.The fact that he knerw of thier plans beyond a shadow of a doubt and HAD known of them makes me think Varys let it slip

There could be a traitor, or there could not be. Mel's warning to Varys could signify that she sees that he was a traitor who enabled the Lannisters to have the victories that they have had. Assuming the best about Varys's loyalty to Dany, Varys's intelligence failures have been significant. He (apparently) failed to know about the Greyjoy fleet sailing to King's Landing in the first place and offering an alliance with Cersei. He failed to know about the bulk of the Lannister army leaving CR or making it to Highgarden. The Varys we've seen is not capable of that level of incompetence.

At the same time, all this could have happened without any specialized knowledge supplied by a traitor. Here are the things that Jaimie and Cersei know:/believe

1. The Lannisters are running out of/have run out of gold.

2. King's Landing has been dependent on the Tyrells for food and gold for some time, even before winter came.

3. The Tyrells had abandoned their alliance with the Lannisters after Cersei blew up Marg, Loras, Mace and numerous others, Tyrells and non-Tyrells. They are now in open rebellion.

4. The Crown owes a lot of gold to the Iron Bank

5. The Crown will need a lot more gold to fight off Dany

6. Tyrion is advising Dany as Hand to the Queen

7. Dany has not attacked King's Landing directly, despite the means to do so.

8. Tyrion has always hated his family and wants revenge against it (so this is a half-truth but it is certainly what Cersei believes, and Jaime presumably believes that Tyrion killed Tywin and has to acknowledge that Tyrion allied himself to the murderers of his daughter).

Given this, it made sense that the Lannisters would attack Highgarden as it a) poses a threat b) contains the most gold and food in the Seven Kingdoms. To do so would require most of the Lannister army. 

Given this, it also makes sense to anticipate that instead of attacking KL, Team Targ would be going for CR. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Awwww, loved the Tyrion/Jon Snow reunion! I want these two to hang out and talk about stuff.

I was rolling my eyes during Dany's talk with Jon though. She admits that her father was a cruel king who killed many people, yet she wants Jon (and everyone else) to just accept her as their new ruler. Reminding him that some Stark pledged loyalty to some Targaryen isn't really a convincing argument, nor was threatening him with her dragons.

But I liked that she was willing to admit that her father was evil and that she asked Jon to forgive her for the crimes that her family committed against his family. When she started talking about how dragons hadn't been seen in centuries before hers were born, I thought she was going to say that she believed Jon's story about the Night King and the white walkers.

Loved that Missandei rolled out a phone book length introduction for Dany with a million titles and Davos responded with "This is Jon Snow."

It was adorable to see Tyrion trying to get mommy and daddy to get along.

Sansa was so emotional about being reunited with Bran and he just stared ahead like nothing was happening. I hope Meera got a nice hot bath and a good meal.

First Orphan Black last night and then GoT tonight - two boss bitches going out like boss bitches. As much as I will miss Olenna (and I REALLY will), I'm glad that she got to tell Jaime that she was the one who poisoned Joffrey. She was 100% right when she reminded Jaime, "He really was a c***, wasn't he?"

I was cracking up at Jorah's lame attempts to lie about how the climate must have cured his dragonscale. I also loved when the maester asked Sam how he'd managed to do such a difficult procedure that other more skilled maesters had been unable to do and Sam's answer was, "I just read the book and followed the instructions." Ha! Obviously all the maesters who fucked up that treatment just weren't good at following directions.

When the Winterfell maester mentioned that they have a record of every raven message, I could practically see the light bulb going off over Littlefinger's head. Why do they let him hang around and hear any of these discussions?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, FishyJoe said:

I actually kind of want to see Cersei win just so I can see the look of Jaime's face when Euron is with Cersei in the bed chamber...and she is enjoying it.

I actually think she may have Euron killed.  He is gloating so much right now, it would be so Cersei to have him wiped out once she gets everything she wants. 

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Did anyone else think Tyene and Ellaria got of a little less gruesomely than they'd feared? I thought for sure there was going to be some tender Mountainstein loving, Unella style. 

Nah, watching her daughter dies and rots in front of her by the same poison is much worse than anything Mountain can do 

• Love 1
(edited)
38 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Loved that Missandei rolled out a phone book length introduction for Dany with a million titles and Davos responded with "This is Jon Snow."

That and Dany asked if Tyrion tried to pass his opinion as ancient wisdom :D :D :D

38 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

"I just read the book and followed the instructions." Ha! Obviously all the maesters who fucked up that treatment just weren't good at following directions.

When you know (or think you know) your stuffs it is easy to skip parts of instructions.  On the other hand, most novice would closely follow each step since they do not know any better.  I have seen this thousand of times in the tech industry

Edited by DarkRaichu
  • Love 12

I suspect that Cersei will prolong the poisoning, either by giving the Snake the antidote at the last second just so she could poison her again, or by having given her a placebo poison if that makes sense. 

Why have Mama Snake in agony for a day or a week of poisoning when you can stretch it out to a month or a year?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I just mean whenever she mentions her children - i always wonder - how deep is that mourning. like she's going on and on about Myrcella..and in the back of my head is like yah but this made you one step closer to queen, you knew this was going to happen, how sad are you really?  is this about Myrcella, or was this about just ending a threat for you (or i mean obviously both but where's the split?)

Jamie is an idiot. 

She certainly had no problem killing her innocent babies that were fathered by Robert nor having his bastards killed, nor igniting all of Flea Bottom--so I don't even have crocodile tears for that disease of a woman. Her own son jumped to his death rather than spend his life having his soul rotted just by being in proximity to her.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

Nah, watching her daughter dies and rots in front of her by the same poison is much worse than anything Mountain can do 

Is it though? At least the daughter dies relatively quickly. Seems more Cersei-like to have the mom have to watch the daughter get gruesomely tortured THEN poisoned, THEN rot in the cell with her mom. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, cal said:

Hooray to Sam for saving Jorah!  I know he was given the chore of copying over old scrolls and books as a punishment but I'm thinking that they will be the old texts regarding the White Walkers that he's been asking to read and that his punishment is actually his reward.

I was thinking the same thing.  I believe the words I yelled at my screen were: "Oh no!  Not that!  Don't make Samwell READ for a few days straight!!!"

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Is it though? At least the daughter dies relatively quickly. Seems more Cersei-like to have the mom have to watch the daughter get gruesomely tortured THEN poisoned, THEN rot in the cell with her mom. 

Eye for an eye (daughter for a daughter?) It is poetic justice in a way.  Cersei used Ellaria's daughter as a tool for revenge just like Ellaria did Cersei's.  Ellaria needs to be healthy to witness the death and to take the whole thing in.  This whole thing would not work had Ellaria been tortured to an inch of her life.

Edited by DarkRaichu
3 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

Eye for an eye (daughter for a daughter?) It is poetic justice in a way.  Cersei used Ellaria's daughter as a tool for revenge just like Ellaria did Cersei's.  Ellaria needs to be healthy to witness the death.  This whole thing would not work had Ellaria been tortured to an inch of her life.

No, not Ellaria...torturing TYENE is what I mean, sorry :). The manners of horrors you could force Ellaria to witness, that one seems awfully quick. 

Although I despise much of what Jaime has done (Bran!), I do think he tried to show mercy to Oleanna in her death.  When he listed what Cersei wanted done, but that he prevailed, I was relieved.  It was brilliant of Oleanna to drink the poison first then confess.  If she had confessed first, i think Jaime would have knocked over the wine/poison and let Cersei torture/kill Oleanna.

I think that a lot of Tyrion's 'advice' is based on his desire for revenge towards his family.  Casterly Rock was what he wanted and his father said no.  Therefore, Tyrion's first objective was Casterly Rock.  Jaime basically said 'all it holds for me are my wonderful memories of growing up...' which is basically codespeak for 'why would I want Casterly Rock?'  Tyrion did well in one battle-he is not the military strategist that he thinks he is (well, and Jon isn't either...).

It really surprised me when Mel was all "I brought fire and ice together."  Wait, what?  She was taking credit for Dany and Jon's meeting?  Whatever-she's been wrong so many times yet she is still trying to be more than she is (I do give her credit for bringing Jon back to life, but that is all).

I am so excited for when Dany finds out that she is not the last of her family.  She was really mocking and ridiculing both Jon and Davos and I want her to get her comeuppance.  "I don't know much about history...do you know what 'in perpetuary (I admit I don't know how to spell it...) means?"  Give it a rest.  Not only does she feel entitled, she feels superior to others-which is never a good look.

Sandsnakes?  Never cared for them-torture away Cersei.  Not only did they misrepresent Tyrion's role in all this-"he died protecting YOU," they totally ignore that he did not have to fight for Tyrion-he volunteered.  Then they kill the legitimate ruler and his heir in addition to Myrcella.  Plus, the Sand Snakes were just such caricatures that I have wanted them dead ever since they were introduced.  However, the actress that plays Ellaria was amazing this episode.

This may seem out of place-but does anyone know if they used a body double for Cersei?

Overall, LOVED this episode.  Will probably rewatch it today.

• Love 1
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

No, not Ellaria...torturing TYENE is what I mean, sorry :). The manners of horrors you could force Ellaria to witness, that one seems awfully quick. 

Same argument.  Both snakes had got to  expect some kind of physical tortures.  What Cersei did was unexpected and both needed to be healthy/conscious to fully experience it.

Edited by DarkRaichu
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Nascar said:

I think the 40,000 Dothraki are not much of a factor.  They're in a strange land and have never faced men in armor.  10,000 of Jamie's men would cut them to pieces in a few minutes.

Besides, how do Daenarys transport those Dothrakis to the mainland Westeros?

(edited)

Cercei's revenge on Ellaria was fine but the scene went on too long with nothing for Indira Varma to do but grimmace and writhe. Nice final shot of mother and daughter straining toward each other. I hope the show now leaves them rotting in the basement never to be seen again (like Septa Unella). 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 2

Still stunned at the tour de force of Olenna with so little screen time.  I think this death was so poignant because it was understated by Game of Thrones standards.   Amazing how I felt Olenna was so dignified and regal while being force fed defeat and dripping with bitterness.

Olenna acknowledged that while she had been a player and ruthless all her life, she never dreamed just what Cersei was capable of.  Olenna came off weary, devestated, bitter, sardonic with an undercurrent of relentless if understated hate for the Lannisters and Cersei in particular.

Interesting notes about the scene:

I notice when talking about Dany she said "Your brother and his new Queen".  I was right in that Dany was never her Queen, just a means to an end.  No doubt she's disgusted with Dany and Tyrion for managing to lose/be outsmarted even though the idiot has dragons.  The fools couldn't just level Kings Landing.

Olenna saying she could ask Tywin herself as she'll be seeing him soon.  (She's going to the same place as the man who devised the Red Wedding and The Reins of Castamere?!?!  Just what sort of things DID she due while looking out for her family?)

Olenna muttering "Yes now the rains weep all their hall, and not a soul to hear". Made me BURST out laughing.

Jaimie saying you can learn from failure and Olenna saying "You must be so wise by now."

No doubt Cersei will loot Highgarden for all it's worth.  Using everything the Tyrells amassed in their lives to fund her regime.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Jamie is an idiot. 

Gotcha! I'm right there with you. I think power has always been what she was after. If it was all about her children she would have been happy with Tommen ruling. The Tyrells were not going to try and destabilize that alliance since Tommen was not a psycho like Joffrey. Cersei could have just lived the rest of her days watching her son as king. But like you I think her end game has always been power for herself. I think it's telling that the only child's death she truly mourned was the death of her worst child and the one most like her. Myrcell and Tommen were far more like Jamie. Passive and weak.

• Love 6

I have no problem with the way Bran is acting because he really isn't Bran anymore.  I think he feels a familial bond but he has a purpose and is all seeing.  I thought Sansa's reaction to Bran 's vision about her wedding was perfect.  We saw a similar reaction with Varys  when Melisandre told him about his death.  Both Sansa and Varys were shaken to their core.

Cersei has Jaime and he is known as a excellent military strategist but the best thing that has happened to Cersei  is Euron and his calculating psycho brilliance on the water.  Dany has to take Euron out (probably by dragon) because he has essentially created a blockade and has stopped  Dany's navy and a lot of her land forces.  Tyrion is good but I am glad Jorah is on his way and I bet his military expertise will  help Dany get some necessary wins.

I will miss Lady Olenna dearly.  Such a sweet mouth!  She got her final revenge  and I am pleased.  I would give almost anything to see Olenna and Violet Crawley in the same room.  Maggie Smith and Dianna Rigg for snark of the centuries!!

Oh Sam...don't frown!.. I bet Maester Broadbent (can't think of his show name right now) did give you a reward or present in those moldy OLD papers.

Two things about that scene with Cercei and Jaime - (1) Yes, Cersei could have been on a bloodlust high after her visit with Ellaria but I thought it was great timing on Cersei's part to insure Jaime's love and devotion in the coming (no pun intended) battles.  (2) I wonder how Jaime would have felt if he had known what Cersei had just used her mouth for down in the dungeon.  Hmmmmm.

• Love 3

I may have forgotten a death, but I think there may be one left over from Myrcella's happy time with the Sand Snakes.  Wasn't there a young man she was in love with?  
If there was, what happened to him?  

2 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

I may have forgotten a death, but I think there may be one left over from Myrcella's happy time with the Sand Snakes.  Wasn't there a young man she was in love with?  
If there was, what happened to him?  

The sand snakes sisters killed him in his own boat just before he sailed back from KL to Dorne.  And yes, he was their cousin

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ShannaB said:

Two things about that scene with Cercei and Jaime - (1) Yes, Cersei could have been on a bloodlust high after her visit with Ellaria but I thought it was great timing on Cersei's part to insure Jaime's love and devotion in the coming (no pun intended) battles.  (2) I wonder how Jaime would have felt if he had known what Cersei had just used her mouth for down in the dungeon.  Hmmmmm.

A third thing:  when Cercei  "jumped" Jaime, he said no.  And she overpowered/overwhelmed him and had her way with him.  

Payback for an encounter at a certain king's funeral bier? 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

She's giving Tyene a swift death but Ellaria is going to suffer for a long time. Tyene will die in a day or so but Cersei intends Ellaria to watch the body decompose for days/months. Ellaria clearly loved her daughter so seeing her rot is pretty cruel and is a form of torture all on its own. Very poetic of Cersei in a way.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Couver said:

Gotcha! I'm right there with you. I think power has always been what she was after. If it was all about her children she would have been happy with Tommen ruling. The Tyrells were not going to try and destabilize that alliance since Tommen was not a psycho like Joffrey. Cersei could have just lived the rest of her days watching her son as king. But like you I think her end game has always been power for herself. I think it's telling that the only child's death she truly mourned was the death of her worst child and the one most like her. Myrcell and Tommen were far more like Jamie. Passive and weak.

Jaime is a lot of things, but passive and weak he is not. A passive and weak person wouldn't kill the king he was sworn to protect.  He wouldn't attack Ned in the streets the minute he learned his brother was taken by Catelyn. He wouldn't break Tyrion, a man convicted and sentenced to death for regicide, out of jail. He wouldn't leap into a bear pit, risking his life to save Brienne. 

If if you want to call him weak in regards to Cersei, I understand. I'd disagree that it manifested when he's dealing with issues not pertaining to her. And he without a doubt is a remarkably impassive person. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I am always amazed that Daenerys' accomplishments are dismissed or ignored by so many fans, yet in the show these accomplishments are driving the opposition to her. Cersei argues to the Iron Bank that Daenerys is a revolutionary because she freed slaves and punished their masters resulting in social and economic upheaval. Although Daenerys has improved the lives of hundreds of thousands of people across the Narrow Sea, but for some elements such as the Iron Bank and the nobles this is to feared and rejected.  Yet this is the very reason that I think Daenerys earned the right to rule Westeros and that suddenly important "people" would flourish under her rule. She is more than her titles, however, so many people seem unable to see beyond this.

Yabut - at the center of an entitled birthright is the very center of racism.  Regardless of how many slaves she freed, which happen to now be in her employ, she still believes her DNA sets her above others, all others.  Not sure what the difference is between "slaves" and "subjects"...  Seems you are cool if you bend the knee, show her as master...

• Love 2

I know most of the focus of this episode was on Jon/Dany and Olenna's death, but I thought Littlefinger's monologue was brilliant. There's something about the creepy, low-volume way Aidan Gillen delivers his lines. It makes me feel like I need to look over my shoulder for a potential ambush.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, paigow said:

A 3 Eyed Owl would solve all the exposition issues....unfortunately, we got a deadly combination of Raven & Stark / Tully DNA....

Nope, he was too busy keeping the inhabitants of Hundred Acre Woods in line :P

• Love 4

Loved Jon and Ser Davos' reaction to the dragons, but when Dany was talking about taking her dragons to find Euron's fleet, I immediately thought, "I"ll bet there's one other person that can ride them..."

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I know most of the focus of this episode was on Jon/Dany and Olenna's death, but I thought Littlefinger's monologue was brilliant. There's something about the creepy, low-volume way Aidan Gillen delivers his lines. It makes me feel like I need to look over my shoulder for a potential ambush.

What's funny is that he pretty much described Bran's abilities. And those abilities are something Littlefinger can not have prepared for. Should he glimpse Littlefinger betraying Ned, I'm guessing Lord Twatbeard is done for. 

• Love 8

On the shallow side, I wonder how long in Westeros time its been since Cersei's walk of shame. Is she purposely keeping her hair short? To look more hardened?

Also, Bran and his story line is as boring as ever.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sansa was a boss this episode and her genuine happiness when she told Bran he's the Lord of Winterfell should put all those baseless "Sansa is a power-hungry traitor" theories to rest.

No, I'm fine if those theories turn out to be true. I'd be rooting for Sansa as long as she doesn't cross Arya when she shows up. What Sansa needs to do is tap into the Cersei within and rule. I need a power-hungry Sansa, because that wouldn't be a bad thing at all IMO. 

Boy I love Cersei. Such a complicated relationship that I have with this character, I love her, yet still want her to lose in the end because she so deliciously evil, yet evil nonetheless. 

Oh I forgot, I'm going to miss Lady Olena, I can't believe she's gone. Damn that old gal had a hilarious mouth on her. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

THe whole idea that people are throwing literal shit at the prisoners as they are paraded, or even at Cersei during her walk of atonement, is so strange if you think about it: someone had to take a shit, then think "Wait, isn't there an atonement walk today? YES!" then pick up the shit 

There is enough shit on the streets...no need to bring your own or plan bowel movements like Sheldon Cooper does....

Edited by paigow
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, LuciaMia said:

On the shallow side, I wonder how long in Westeros time its been since Cersei's walk of shame. Is she purposely keeping her hair short? To look more hardened

I think so, otherwise there's no way to create a plausible timeline. Maybe the short do is the medieval equivalent of the power cut. Remember Melanie Griffith in Working Girl? If Cersei wants to be taken seriously, she needs serious hair.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think so, otherwise there's no way to create a plausible timeline. Maybe the short do is the medieval equivalent of the power cut. Remember Melanie Griffith in Working Girl? If Cersei wants to be taken seriously, she needs serious hair.

I actually think the opposite, that they're missing an opportunity to let us know how much time passes: let her hair grow. As it is we can't tell if it's been two weeks since the Sept exploded, or a year. If you just let the hair tell that part, you don't have to have jerks like me saying "Well how in the name of the seven did that fucking fleet materialize on three different coasts in two days?!?"

8 minutes ago, paigow said:

There is enough shit on the streets...no need to bring your own or plan bowel movements like Sheldon Cooper does....

LOL, it's somehow WORSE this way! "Neddard, the parade's coming, I'll save our spot, you go pick up some turds to hurl. Get at least like three or four, better to have more chances!" 

"Good call Frickon, I'll be right back, I promise, they'll be the best for shitballs, not that stufff that's too dry to pack or too wet to hold a shape. I bet there's some good dog shit around here, too, last walk of atonement, I absolutely clocked Cersei right in the back with it from like thirty paces!"

• Love 7

Oh how I loathe Cersei, but oh how I love Lena Headey and her fantastic, scene-chewing performance, voice dripping with sarcasm and irony as she coldly describes Ellaria and her daughter's fate.  This is GoT at its absolute best. 

Lady Olena went out in style, getting in one last dig on Cersei.  Will miss you, Diana Rigg.

The Stark men truly are as dumb as a box of rocks.  After about seventeen hints, Tyrion had to finally just spell it out to Jon to ask Dany for something reasonable she could accommodate.

Tyrion is batting zero so far this year in his strategic moves against the Lannisters.

You have to hand it to the Lannisters, they've already eliminated two of Dany's allies, stranded a third in a castle on the other side of the continent from King's Landing, control the Tyrell fortune, and have Dany cooped up on an island with her remaining army, a poor position from which to mount an assault on the Iron Throne.  If not for the dragons, her short-lived attempt to return to Westeros and reclaim the throne would already be over.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Couver said:

I would not characterize them as passive and weak. They were children. Myrcella fell in love and it would have been a good alliance for them, starting anew.  Tommen was just a boy. Joffrey was psychotic and a sadist. The only strength he had was what was afforded to him d/t his "father" ie. the King's Guard.  If he had not been made King, he would have resorted to torturing animals.

1 hour ago, ChipBach said:

Yabut - at the center of an entitled birthright is the very center of racism.  Regardless of how many slaves she freed, which happen to now be in her employ, she still believes her DNA sets her above others, all others.  Not sure what the difference is between "slaves" and "subjects"...  Seems you are cool if you bend the knee, show her as master...

To be frank, the only legal slaves in Westeros are women (besides the whole feudalistic bended knee/swearing fealty bullshit that the Wildlings despise them for so much).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

Jaime is a lot of things, but passive and weak he is not. A passive and weak person wouldn't kill the king he was sworn to protect.  He wouldn't attack Ned in the streets the minute he learned his brother was taken by Catelyn. He wouldn't break Tyrion, a man convicted and sentenced to death for regicide, out of jail. He wouldn't leap into a bear pit, risking his life to save Brienne. 

If if you want to call him weak in regards to Cersei, I understand. I'd disagree that it manifested when he's dealing with issues not pertaining to her. And he without a doubt is a remarkably impassive person. 

That's the tragedy of Jaime.  He has so much potential and is capable of doing so much good.  Yet he ruins himself over Cersei.  What would it take to make him abandon her or will he simply be destroyed on Cersei's path to power?  Not even the deaths of his children has made Jaime bitter towards Cersei.   So far Tyrion and Brienne are the only ones who ever could even compete against Jaime's loyalty to Cersei.   

• Love 7
(edited)

"Oh Sam...don't frown!.. I bet Maester Broadbent (can't think of his show name right now) did give you a reward or present in those moldy OLD papers."

This was my thought as well. I really hope there's something useful in those scrolls for Sam and it's not just busy work.

"Sansa: "I thought you were the Three-Eyed Raven?"

Bran: "It's too complicated to explain."

Me: "The old one passed on and I took over. How hard is that?" "

Yeah, I would have thought this would be pretty easy to explain. I don't understand why Bran is suddenly completely emotionless and acting like a robot. Did he even hug Sansa back? The old 3ER had and expressed emotions.

BTW - LOVED the look on Sansa's face when she saw Bran. Can't wait for an Arya return.

"Jaimie saying you can learn from failure and Olenna saying "You must be so wise by now.""

Yeah, I will miss Olenna dishing truths out left and right. Loved her final scene with Jaime and dropping the bomb of Joffery's death on him. I also like that Jaime talked Cercei into a more humane death for Olenna. Everytime I see Jaime I think "you could have been a good man if it weren't for Cercei and your weakness for her."

"I'm glad Jon pointed out that her father burned his uncle and grandfather alive and would have burned everyone else too; and that if she's not responsible for what her ancestors did, then he doesn't have to keep to the agreements his ancestors made, either. Go Jon!

I have been rooting for Dany since the beginning and really want her to win, but her whole introduction with Jon was just so obnoxious. The litany of titles (Davos, "this is Jon Snow.... um....he's King in the North."), the superior attitude, the demanding that Jon swear loyalty. Loved him pointing out that the Targs broke their oath before his family did.

I would have thought Dany would have figured this out by now, but perhaps her focus on birthright has made her forget. The lord/bannerman relationship is a two way street. The bannerman gives loyalty but the ruler has to give something, too. The loyalty/giving goes both ways and so far, Dany hasn't offered Jon anything (I'm not counting the dragon glass)

So happy to see Tyrion and Jon together again. I've always enjoyed their scenes together. I also really like Tyrion complaining that Jon looked better brooding than he did.

Edited by Absurda
Because I don't get the formatting options in my comment box so I had to correct my manual HTML tags
  • Love 3

I think Bran's brain is in overload mode.  He may be able to see everything past, present, and future, but that doesn't mean he can process it all, or even be aware of it all at once.  I mean, he is aware he has this ability and all these images and experiences filling his head, but can't be simultaneously aware/able to understand everything at once. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Etta Place said:

When Bran and Sansa met again, my husband said "Wow, is his face paralyzed too?"

I thought he was blind and was trying to remember if he was (visions aside)! That scene was so weird. Sophie definitely gave it her all, though.

• Love 2