Type keyword(s) to search

Everyone's Talkin': Industry News

• Start Topic

Is anyone following the Tati v. James Charles drama? I looked for an Influencer forum but didn't see one so I am posting this here. 

Bye Sister:

Timeline:

James Charles Apology:

Here's a live update on followers:

On 5/11/2019 at 10:22 AM, druzy said:

Is anyone following the Tati v. James Charles drama? 

I was—mostly because I was home all weekend and needed something to amuse myself. I didn't come into the drama knowing anything about James Charles but I did walk away from it with a pretty clear opinion that all of this is made up by these narcissists to get clicks and cash. Tati's ridiculous fake crying and no make up in her IG story was ridiculous as was JC's no make up, no tears "apology" video. Also, this is a grown-ass woman who got all put out that her prodigy would shill a worthless hair supplement that wasn't hers? Does she not have a phone with which she could call and talk to him? Why is this shit being aired to the public? I mean, I get that these people feed off their beefs playing out in a public arena because it makes them money, but at what point are they not embarrassed to be alive? They do, after all, run a business. I can't imagine Tim Cook calling out Bill Gates in a fake weepy YT video—because Tim Cook has some dignity. 

No tears have been cried for any of the millionaires involved in this latest YT debacle.

7 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I was—mostly because I was home all weekend and needed something to amuse myself. I didn't come into the drama knowing anything about James Charles but I did walk away from it with a pretty clear opinion that all of this is made up by these narcissists to get clicks and cash. Tati's ridiculous fake crying and no make up in her IG story was ridiculous as was JC's no make up, no tears "apology" video. Also, this is a grown-ass woman who got all put out that her prodigy would shill a worthless hair supplement that wasn't hers? Does she not have a phone with which she could call and talk to him? Why is this shit being aired to the public? I mean, I get that these people feed off their beefs playing out in a public arena because it makes them money, but at what point are they not embarrassed to be alive? They do, after all, run a business. I can't imagine Tim Cook calling out Bill Gates in a fake weepy YT video—because Tim Cook has some dignity. 

No tears have been cried for any of the millionaires involved in this latest YT debacle.

No tears from me either!

All the James Charles and Tati drama makes me really glad that the only person in the beauty community that I follow is Wayne Goss. He is very low drama, which one of the many reason I like him.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

All the James Charles and Tati drama makes me really glad that the only person in the beauty community that I follow is Wayne Goss. He is very low drama, which one of the many reason I like him.

I love Wayne!  I wasn't familiar with Tati or James and reading that article just made me feel old and out of it...and I'm younger than Tati.  

• Love 2
(edited)

This YT vid is worth checking out especially if you're interested in green beauty. Refinery29 investigated the green beauty industry and shows some surprising flaws in the system. Some of the info isn't new (microbeads = bad) but much of it is. For example: plastic bottle marked recyclable but comprised of colored plastic still end up in landfills and the oceans because recycling companies can't profit from the colored stuff and want only the clear untinted product.  Anyway, have a watch if you've got a spare 15 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbsQOHcTJSU

Edited by SCS
tried to imbed the link again but for some damn reason it won't so--If you can't see a clickable hyperlink: paste above into your SEARCH BAR not into YT search or you'll end up at some weird Golden Button thingy.
On 5/11/2019 at 9:22 AM, druzy said:

Is anyone following the Tati v. James Charles drama? I looked for an Influencer forum but didn't see one so I am posting this here. 

Bye Sister:

Timeline:

James Charles Apology:

Here's a live update on followers:

Beauty Guru drama falls under the Beauty forum umbrella. 

FWIW we’ve talked about the KVD vs Jeffree drama before and the Brandon Truaxe troubles and death. 

As usual, during Sephora's 20% off sale, most of the items I want are out of stock and will no doubt be conveniently replenished moments after the sale ends. 

giphy.gif

ETA: Huh. Several of the "out of stock" items from yesterday are now in stock again. Bought 'em. 

Kylie Jenner sells a $600 million stake in her cosmetics company -- "Kylie Jenner is selling a majority stake of her popular cosmetics line for $600 million, but she's staying on as its creative leader.

The celebrity businesswoman will sell 51% of her stake in Kylie Cosmetics to Coty Inc. (COTY), a New York-based cosmetics company that also owns a number of international consumer beauty brands, including CoverGirl. The partnership will help Kylie's brand expand globally and enter new beauty categories, the two companies said in a press release Monday."

So, apparently, Jeffree Star and his boyfriend broke up which lead him to cancel a bunch of overseas appearances. What a drama queen! What CEO of a multi-million-dollar business just ups and cancels business appearances because he broke up with his boyfriend? That's just...embarrassing. Imagine if Bill Gates did that. Or Mark Zuckerberg. 

Everything is always about the drama with this guy. He is such trash.

3 hours ago, Nicmar said:

Isn't Deciem and the Ordinary the same company?

Yes. Actually, Deciem is the company, and the Ordinary is one of its several skincare lines.