Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: The Queen's Justice

• Start Topic

(edited)
52 minutes ago, bluvelvet said:

I'm glad that Tyrion brought up his marriage to Sansa, I guess he was essentially saying that it was invalid? I wonder if he knows about Sansa's marriage to Ramsey, for some reason I thought Jon would bring it up.  

I knew Tyrion wouldn't believe Jon about the WW and wights but I am surprised at Danaerys since she is the mother of dragons. I would have assumed she would be a bit more open, I also think the bit about Jon taking a stab to the heart will come into play a bit later. 

Sorry, I haven't read the posts after this one yet, I wanted to reply to this one but also want to get to bed soon! 

My take on that exchange: When Tyrion first said (twice I think?) that his marriage to Sansa was unconsummated, I thought it was his circumspect/delicate way of saying, "Don't worry, I didn't rape your sister or take advantage of her, I swear." Considering Tyrion didn't know that Jon Snow was King in the North, there's no reason he would know the details about Sansa and Ramsay, so he doesn't know that this isn't as reassuring as it might have been if Sansa hadn't ended up going through all kinds of rape and abuse anyway. 

Since Sansa had already told Jon that Tyrion was decent to her, Jon hadn't been concerned about that part, so he heard Tyrion's reassurance as more of a "Don't worry, I'm not going to try to say that I have some kind of claim on your sister, I'll leave her in peace." So Jon's "I didn't ask" was basically saying "I don't care, because I wouldn't have let you push any kind of claim anyway." 

That's what I got from the exchange, anyway. 

Edited by Anisky
  • Love 18
19 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

As Daenerys correctly stated to Jon, this simply isn't true. This is a woman was sold into a marriage like chattel and yet she survived and thrived as she found her courage, power, and gave birth to her dragons. She inspires loyalty from the people around her because she is a good person and compassionate ruler.

Not just Dany. Tyrion also mentions the parallels between Jon and Dany, talking to Jon about how Dany fights the good fight and why she would be a good ally against monsters.

Davos trying to charm Missandei was fun - 'This place is different to what I remembered'.

• Love 5

Jon "They Took My Boat" Snow was hilariously mopey. I mean yeah, Jon, they took your tiny row boat, but didn't you sail from White Harbor to Dragonstone in a bigger one? And at the very least didn't you give the crew on that ship instructions on what to do in case you were burned alive or held captive?? Jon despondent and fornlorn thinking he's stuck there is funny, sad, and endearing at the same time. Northern fool, indeed.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Allie56 said:

I feel slightly annoyed that D&D congratulated themselves in the previous episode for having a group of strong women totally in charge in Dany's war room, and then immediately stripped them of their power. Ellaria and Yara captured and humiliated by Euron, Olenna killed by Jaime, and Dany is now left without an army of allies, lacking the food and gold from Highgarden, and in charge of worthless Casterly Rock. I know we've got to even the playing field because Cersei seemed absolutely screwed, but I am really annoyed at how much they were pleased with themselves about "SISTERS DOING IT FOR THEMSELVES" only for them to get royally screwed, and mostly by men. I may be exaggerating how much they were proud of themselves about it, but still. Annoyed. I don't mind the women getting taken down, and in the case of Ellaria I'm not opposed to it, but it felt so quick and unearned to me. 

Loved Olenna going out in style, Sansa being actually good at things, and everything about Davos. I enjoyed Dany and Jon's meeting, even if 90% of it depended on Kit's smolder. Dislike Jaime being Cersei's lap dog and Bran's detached behavior. Poor Sansa. 

Oh, yeah...Dany's war council turned out to be a total disaster and it's hilarious that Cogman was bragging about tis last week.

• Love 3

A devastating weapon that can only be used by placing your Queen at risk of death is not much of a weapon.  

I wonder if Melisandre will return from Volantis with a solution to that dilemma.

13 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Daenerys: walks into a funeral pyre and emerges alive with 3 dragon babies

Also Daenerys: is incredulous that an army of the dead and snow generals could exist

giphy.gif

Considering the Northerners who build the wall, grew up on Old Nan's stories and follow a house whose motto is 'Winter is coming' did not believe in the army of the dead, why would anyone in the South? Hell, Jon got shanked because the frigging NW did not believe in the WW.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, SoWindsor said:

Agreed their meeting was underwhelming but I disagree about Emilia not having chemistry with anyone. Her chemistry with Khal Drogo was fantastic and same with Jorah.

She also had good chemistry in Me, Before You with the guy who had played Finnick in The Hunger Games (Sam ...?).

Too bad Mellisandre didn't stick around to back up Jon and Davos's white walkers story, although I know she wasn't anxious to run into Davos again. Wondering if Dany will be impressed that Jon came back from the dead, that's up her alley, what with surviving the funeral pyre and all that.
Bran was fucking creepy. 
Not pleased about Jaime banging Cersei still/again, or them taking Highgarden, but he did dlook good in his Lannister armor, so there's that. Sad to see Olenna go, but she went out on her own terms. Will miss her.
I'm dying for Jon's a Targ to be revealed to Dany. I keep trying to figure out how they will do it. I'm thinking the talk of how will Dany fly around and find Euron is going to lead us to there needing to be three dragonriders. Will the dragons sense the Targ blood in Jon? 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, taurusrose said:

I wish I could believe that.  Sansa doesn't work for me much of the time.  Her character is all tell, never show and when they do try to work showing into a scene it falls flat because LF is always hovering and getting inside her head.  I think most of the blame falls at Sophie Turner's feet.  She's not that great of an actress, IMO, and incapable of showing nuance.

Agree. 

She does basic, common sense shit and it's all "look at badass ruler Sansa" and "all she needed was Jon to leave her alone to shine."  She hasn't done a thing.  Storing food and adding some layers to armor is pretty basic shit.  Let's see her fight or outmaneuver some WWs or Cersei.  Or negotiate with the wildlings or Dany.  Or do something for herself when she isn't surrounded by at least three people to do it for her.

At the very least, she could get rid of Littlefinger, a known traitor to her.

Edited by KBrownie
Misspelled wildlings
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, Colorful Mess said:

Jon "They Took My Boat" Snow was hilariously mopey. I mean yeah, Jon, they took your tiny row boat, but didn't you sail from White Harbor to Dragonstone in a bigger one? And at the very least didn't you give the crew on that ship instructions on what to do in case you were burned alive or held captive?? Jon despondent and fornlorn thinking he's stuck there is funny, sad, and endearing at the same time. Northern fool, indeed.

But that's the boat they took. I thought he said they took his ship, not boat, and he was overlooking the sea as he said it. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Varys + death = does not compute. Mel's probably double mind-fucking him, and he's going to die in Westeros but of old age.

#SaveYara. I hated to see her in chains. I loved that she stayed dignified.

With Jon/Tyrion, Davos/Jon and Jorah/Sam, the bromance was strong in this one. Me likes.

I loved the Jon/Dany confrontation and I did feel the chemistry. The tension could have been cut with Ice. I'm invested in both characters and I root for both of them, but they don't know each other so the way it went was more realistic than them getting buddy-buddy from the first second on. I felt for my poor Jon, desperate for people to believe him, aware he sounds like a lunatic to so many.

Indira Varma was phenomenal. Ellaria paid the price for killing an innocent but unlike against Dirty Old Grand Pope, I wasn't rooting for Cersei in the least. I even cheered when Ellaria spit at her and the Mountain. Cersei has always been a hateful bitch, even before she lost any of her children. I really am tired of her winning.

Jaime looking at Cersei with heart eyes = NOOOOOO! So he does love her, and that's it? I hoped to get an explanation, well, I guess I have it.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, ChromaKelly said:

I'm dying for Jon's a Targ to be revealed to Dany. I keep trying to figure out how they will do it. I'm thinking the talk of how will Dany fly around and find Euron is going to lead us to there needing to be three dragonriders. Will the dragons sense the Targ blood in Jon? 

I've been thinking myself that the dragons might uncover this about Jon..  which would be pretty great and make Dany speechless. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Oscirus said:

Minor nitpick: Davos didn't know that Tyrion was in Blackwater. Seems like he should've known that yet he seemed shocked at the news.

I just rewatched that scene- why do you say he didn't know? He wasn't surprised. All he said was "unfortunately for me."

• Love 3

My big takeaway this episode:

Davos counters Daenerys's lame ass "titles, titles, titles" with Jon Snow's actual accomplishments. This undoubtedly belongs in the unpopular opinion thread, but Davos, and Liam Cunningham specifically, saved that emo/entitled brat scene. Dany and her Emilia's "stoicism" is a true drag. So fucking monotone. 

First decent episode of the season. It actually was downright good. 

Sansa's the second person this entire season to mention food.  More reason why Ms. Titles, Titles, Titles can take a seat.  

Yo, Bran, I think you can explain the 3-eyed-raven role better than that. And if you can see all things, why. The. Fuck. Did you pick THAT moment to force Sansa to relive. How about when she sewed Jon that, whatever it was. Or when Brienne saved her. Or when she fed Ramsey to the dogs. Or what she ate for lunch last Tuesday.  Literally, anything else, dude. 

All hail Diana Rigg. I'm gonna miss ya, Dame. And Cersei exacting her revenge. The high point of her life. She's just on autopilot, now, otherwise. Going out with a bang. 

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, anamika said:

Considering the Northerners who build the wall, grew up on Old Nan's stories and follow a house whose motto is 'Winter is coming' did not believe in the army of the dead, why would anyone in the South? Hell, Jon got shanked because the frigging NW did not believe in the WW.

It's true, but I have to laugh that the same woman who mothered 3 dragons and is immune to fire finds the idea of WW so hard to believe.  

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Francie said:

Sansa's the second person this entire season to mention food.  More reason why Ms. Titles, Titles, Titles can take a seat.  

Glad somebody mentioned it. With winter closing down and no one able to make any more food for the next couple of years, this should really be getting more emphasis than it's had so far.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

Didn't Marcella die relatively  soon after being kissed?

I wonder if Yara got her tongue cut out. Esp since she's a euron hostage.

It was implied to be a couple hours. 

1 hour ago, bluvelvet said:

I'm glad that Tyrion brought up his marriage to Sansa, I guess he was essentially saying that it was invalid? I wonder if he knows about Sansa's marriage to Ramsey, for some reason I thought Jon would bring it up.  

I knew Tyrion wouldn't believe Jon about the WW and wights but I am surprised at Danaerys since she is the mother of dragons. I would have assumed she would be a bit more open, I also think the bit about Jon taking a stab to the heart will come into play a bit later. 

I actually think Tyrion was being contrasted with Littlefinger. He wanted Jon to know that he treated her with respect and only wanted to know that she was well and hope she remembered him fondly. He was essentially asking nothing, unlike Littlefinger.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

Didn't Marcella die relatively  soon after being kissed?

I wonder if Yara got her tongue cut out. Esp since she's a euron hostage.

She did. Ceresi is going to keep Momma SandSnake alive indefinately via forced feeding in those chains so she can watch her daughter decay after she dies.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Francie said:

Yo, Bran, I think you can explain the 3-eyed-raven role better than that. And if you can see all things, why. The. Fuck. Did you pick THAT moment to force Sansa to relive. How about when she sewed Jon that, whatever it was.

I think Bran was in shock - that's why he is all monotone.  If he knows what has happened to Sansa - his mind  couldn't possibly handle the information on what Arya has been up to.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Paradigm14 said:

I actually think Tyrion was being contrasted with Littlefinger. He wanted Jon to know that he treated her with respect and only wanted to know that she was well and hope she remembered him fondly. He was essentially asking nothing, unlike Littlefinger.

29 minutes ago, Anisky said:

My take on that exchange: When Tyrion first said (twice I think?) that his marriage to Sansa was unconsummated, I thought it was his circumspect/delicate way of saying, "Don't worry, I didn't rape your sister or take advantage of her, I swear." Considering Tyrion didn't know that Jon Snow was King in the North, there's no reason he would know the details about Sansa and Ramsay, so he doesn't know that this isn't as reassuring as it might have been if Sansa hadn't ended up going through all kinds of rape and abuse anyway. 

Since Sansa had already told Jon that Tyrion was decent to her, Jon hadn't been concerned about that part, so he heard Tyrion's reassurance as more of a "Don't worry, I'm not going to try to say that I have some kind of claim on your sister, I'll leave her in peace." So Jon's "I didn't ask" was basically saying "I don't care, because I wouldn't have let you push any kind of claim anyway." 

That's what I got from the exchange, anyway. 

I believe it was more a case of Tyrion realizing he went to far with that "has Sansa asked about me?" joke and trying to assuage any hurt Jon feelings before shit got real. I think Jon's response was more a case of "yea I know you're not a scumbag. You don't have to tell me that."

Edited by Oscirus
  • Love 9
47 minutes ago, MadMouse said:

Sansa not knowing and Mel not bringing up are the two biggest head scratchers for me. But I can see they're setting Dany learning of it once they have their own dance of dragons so to speak.

Sansa does know. Even if we believe that Jon didn't tell her, which I thought it was implicit when Jon said that he couldn't stay in the NW after what happened, she was present when Tormund mentioned it in his speech to convince the wildlings to fight against the Boltons.

• Love 7
(edited)

My initial thoughts:

1. Awesome scene between Jon and Dany. Neither yielding. Sad that Jon still looked uncomfortable while Davos spoke his praises. Modesty, I know. But he needs to start asserting himself.  In the discussion for last week's episode, someone commented that he always looks like a kicked puppy: I’m definitely coming to that conclusion too.  However, I’m extremely happy that he refused to bend the knee.
  2. Too bad that Dany didn’t pursue the question about Jon taking a knife to the heart for the North.  Perhaps Varys and Tyrion need to have a longer conversation with the Red Priestess. And at this point, perhaps Jon should just own up to the story. Especially once he talks to Dany’s people and learns that she can walk through fire. She shouldn’t be surprised about his coming back from the dead.
  3. Littlefinger’s speech to Sansa was damn good, and quite convincing, particularly about knowing what’s going to happen so that nothing ever takes you by surprise. Except for two things:  He himself had just been startled to hear that Maester Kuwin kept a copy of every message that came to Winterfell (and now I’m trying to remember which ones would implicate his treachery!)  AND that just as he finished, something entirely surprising interrupts his lecture. Bran has returned. And doesn’t that put a spanner in Littlefinger’s plans?  A Stark who supersedes Sansa’s claim to Winterfell. Hah!
  4. It’s good that Bran knows what happened to Sansa so that he can explain how he knows things. However, couldn’t he have picked a less traumatizing moment? Maybe her escape from Winterfell or her taking Brienne as her knight?
  5. No, Bran, it’s not difficult to explain. “The previous Three-Eyed Raven trained me. Then he died. And now I’m the Three-Eyed Raven.”
  6. So Sam’s punishment -- to transcribe all those moldering scrolls -- will lead to great discoveries about defeating the White Walkers!
  7. My only hope regarding Cersei’s continued triumphs is that she gets an almighty comeuppance. And I won’t be satisfied if it is as simple as Jaime killing her.
  8. Olenna, nooo!  But right on! for owning up to poisoning Joffrey. 
  9. I like that Dany mentions her brothers to start the second conversation with Jon. Nice parallel there to talk about family when she's unknowingly speaking to the son of one of those brothers.
Edited by dragonsbite
added #9
  • Love 14
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Drogo said:

It's true, but I have to laugh that the same woman who mothered 3 dragons and is immune to fire finds the idea of WW so hard to believe.

True. For some reason, everyone in Westeros seem to accept Dragons as no big deal but balk when it comes to the WW.

33 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

She does basic, common sense shit and it's all "look at badass ruler Sansa" and "all she needed was Jon to leave her alone to shine."  She hasn't done a thing.  Storing food and adding some layers to armor is pretty basic shit.  Let's see her fight or outmaneuver some WWs or Cersei.  Or negotiate with the wildlinds or Dany.  Or do something for herself when she isn't surrounded by at least three people to do it for her.

We also have other characters constantly telling us how super clever Sansa is even though she has not done anything remotely clever till date.  Despite the show doing it's best to make everyone in her vicinity appear as idiots to show her up as being smart. Sansa had to tell Royce - the guy who has never been seen without his armor in all the episodes he has been in - how to make armor!! Poor LF has been reduced to blabbering about quantum physics and alternate universes. 

I thought her talking about food stores was sensible. Sansa is good at house hold management and administration,  so it was nice to see her taking that up and dealing with it.

Anyways, the Winterfell scenes did not do much for me this episode. Bran was stoned out and creepy and Meera vanished without a trace. I missed Arya this episode. Hope she gets home next episode and shakes things up.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Edith said:

Sansa does know. Even if we believe that Jon didn't tell her, which I thought it was implicit when Jon said that he couldn't stay in the NW after what happened, she was present when Tormund mentioned it in his speech to convince the wildlings to fight against the Boltons.

Yeah, Sansa knows.  Brienne makes a joke about it, as well, when they're together in 605.

2 minutes ago, dragonsbite said:

Bran has returned. And doesn’t that put a spanner in Littlefinger’s plans?  A Stark who supersedes Sansa’s claim to Winterfell. Hah!

Bran outright states in this episode that he's not interested in being Lord of Winterfell, so that's not an issue for him.

1 minute ago, anamika said:

True. For some reason, everyone in Westeros seem to accept Dragons as no big deal but balk when it comes to the WW.

Well, dragons existed in that world as a confirmed historical fact with great influence till about a century ago, whereas the stories of the WW are millenia older, and considered more like mythology. It's like someone in our world telling us that if we believe in the existence of the extinct passenger pigeon even though we've never seen one, it should be no stretch to believe in the biblical Leviathan.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, SeanC said:

Bran outright states in this episode that he's not interested in being Lord of Winterfell, so that's not an issue for him.

True, but Littlefinger doesn't know that. 

• Love 2

This was very possibly the most laughing I've ever done watching this show.  The actor who plays Euron had a lot to do with that ... he's got a really animated face.  I really belly laughed at him taunting Jaime and at how much he was enjoying doing it.

Tyrion's envy for Jon's mad brooding skills was a knee slapper for me too. 

Jon: He (Tyrion) likes to talk.  Dany:  We all like what we're good at.  This was funny as hell until Jon was a total buzzkill with his emo 'not me' shit. I was underwhelmed by their chemistry as many others have said, but saw some glimpses here that gave me hope.

Finally that total fuckin tool Littlefinger and his pep talk to Sansa was some of the most hilarious poseurish bullshit that has ever been slung in front of me.  It was just so ... him.  Hate that it seemed to work on Sansa though ....

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kanner said:

Seeing Jon in the South was very exciting but weird. The scene with him walking the stairs was just so surreal to me

Speaking of those stairs -- does anyone know where that was filmed?  I just watched the "Inside the Episode" on HBOGo in the hopes they'd tell us where that was shot but, alas, it was not mentioned. The cliffs that Tyrion/Jon and Varys/Melisandre stood on for their respective chats were also amazing.  I assume that's the coast of Ireland since that's where filming is headquartered but I'd love to know for sure.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, benteen said:

Between Tyrion talking about how much Jon broods and his "walking dead men" comment, this episode was very meta.

Oh wow! I totally failed to register the connection there. Jon being a walking dead man himself.
In an early comment I was hoping that Jon's death and return to live would be exposed to Dany/Tyrion. And yet, there Jon is, telling them that an army of the dead is coming for them. Won't they look at Jon and wonder "do they look like you?"

• Love 2
(edited)
42 minutes ago, screamin said:

Well, dragons existed in that world as a confirmed historical fact with great influence till about a century ago, whereas the stories of the WW are millenia older, and considered more like mythology. It's like someone in our world telling us that if we believe in the existence of the extinct passenger pigeon even though we've never seen one, it should be no stretch to believe in the biblical Leviathan.

You beat me to it. Also there are remains of  dragons in Kingslanding. It's like seeing a dinosaur fossil and acknowledging there are now dinosaurs, compared to someone claiming they have a unicorn. 

Also an "army of the dead", is a very different concept than a strange living animal. It defies everything people know about their world. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, TarotQueen said:

Finally that total fuckin tool Littlefinger and his pep talk to Sansa was some of the most hilarious poseurish bullshit that has ever been slung in front of me.  It was just so ... him.  Hate that it seemed to work on Sansa though ....

I'm hoping that her reunion with Bran completely wipes Littlefinger's advice from her mind. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Edith said:

That makes it even worse, her not talking about the insanity of him being brought back from the dead is terrible writing. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

As Daenerys correctly stated to Jon, this simply isn't true. This is a woman was sold into a marriage like chattel and yet she survived and thrived as she found her courage, power, and gave birth to her dragons. She inspires loyalty from the people around her because she is a good person and compassionate ruler.

And yet, it's not that simple. Dany is a person who's also on a vision quest about her birth right. I feel like Jon has wisdom about some things she doesn't--mainly its about being humble, shedding the titles that aren't really breaking the wheel, to use her terminology, or doing anything for the common people. What does the fact that she was BORN to rule, do for them? The show runners are obviously declaring that these trappings are ridiculous by contrasting their introductions in the throne room. What will Jon teach her, about herself?

Edited by Colorful Mess
  • Love 11
21 minutes ago, WatchrTina said:

Speaking of those stairs -- does anyone know where that was filmed?  I just watched the "Inside the Episode" on HBOGo in the hopes they'd tell us where that was shot but, alas, it was not mentioned. The cliffs that Tyrion/Jon and Varys/Melisandre stood on for their respective chats were also amazing.  I assume that's the coast of Ireland since that's where filming is headquartered but I'd love to know for sure.

I think Dragonstone is filmed in Spain: 

EDIT: Yep it's filmed in San Juan de Gaztelugatxe 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?site=&source=hp&q=San+Juan+de+Gaztelugatxe&oq=San+Juan+de+Gaztelugatxe&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i20k1j0l3.2472.2472.0.3140.3.2.0.0.0.0.58.115.2.2.0....0...1..64.psy-ab..1.2.113.6..35i39k1.HLvoY3ioRyQ

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, anamika said:

Jon's fur cloak makes him look like the hunchback of Notre Dame.

Shouldn't he be complaining about how hot it is in the South?  He's probably never been somewhere that warm since he was born.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

Shouldn't he be complaining about how hot it is in the South?  He's probably never been somewhere that warm since he was born.

But it's getting colder everywhere, and he didn't need to wear that cloak if he didn't want to; he didn't on the rowboat. I don't think it's supposed to be hot. Everyone is wearing more layers than previous seasons. 

You can call me crazy all you want now, I have absolutely no doubt about this. I see something foreshadowed every freakin' season. It all started with "the things I do for love." And it continued with "Why have the gods made me love someone so hateful?" Then two different "we don't choose whom we love." Then the confession to Myrcella, where Jaime says, "It's beyond our control." It happened again this episode:

"If she's driven you this far, it's gone beyond your control."

"Yes, it has."

Jaime's not making a conscious decision to stay with Cersei. There's a force at work there. And we'll find out that reason when the show runners are good and ready. I have 2 competing theories on it. But, either way, it's a plot point that'll eventually get revealed.  

• Love 3
(edited)

On a side note, I loved how that first scene was filmed. It starts with Jon, Dany, Tyrion and Davos all far apart from each other. By the end they are all standing close together intensely arguing only to be interrupted by Varys.

I thought both Jon and Dany made good points with side support from Davos and Tyrion.

Olenna bringing up Widow's Wail reminds me... Has Brienne mentioned yet to Jon that her sword is Valyrian steel and formerly Ice...

Edited by anamika
  • Love 8

I've always found it a little funny that a show all about kings and queens is so popular in American. Somewhere in the deep, dark lineage of my family is a daughter or son of the Revolution, so being against a monarchy is a weird source of pride.

In other words, when Danny had her minion recite her titles, I seriously got up and went for a snack in the kitchen. She was still trying way too hard when I got back. Girl, sit back down in your styrofoam-painted-to-look-rock throne. I honestly liked Danny until this season. I now find her annoying. "I am SO the queen of everything. My daddy said so."

So much for everyone trying to white knight Jaime. He needs to die with Cersi and soon.

The dungeon scene went on way too long. We get it. We've gotten it for 7 season. Cersi is a meanie.

Diana Rigg is and will forever be amazing. While several actors on this show struggle, she just plain delivers.  She would be the only one I'd let be my queen.

• Love 8
(edited)

I still like the idea of Jon and Dany as partners/allies rather than romantic. She was a bit of a pill when they first met but Tyrion pointing that it's a big ask on Jon's part as well as Jon realizing he sounds crazy smoothed some of that over. I actually think Jon has more chemistry with Tyrion. 

Although, Jon sounding crazy might work in his favour if he has to make a "But I'm a Targaryen, too" pitch at some point.  "....but I'm not a Stark...." as a dragon screeches is real subtle, Show.  

It also mirrors what he said to Bran when they found the direwolves and Jon successfully argues to spare their lives. (it's actually one of my favourite scenes this show has ever done- it sets up a tonne of things very simply and subtly. Jon calling Ned, "Lord Stark" instead of Father before his little speech is a nice piece of writing.)

Maybe "I'm not a Stark" is what Jon says right before he gets a new magical pet. 

It is indeed weird to see these characters together, either for the first time since the first few episodes or ever.  I hope Meera gets a hot bath and a change of clothes. Poor girl. 

I'm gonna pour one out for the Queen of Thorns. I miss her already. 

Edited by Pogojoco
  • Love 16