Type keyword(s) to search

Trading Spaces Reboot Anticipation

12 hours ago, dleighg said:

an article in the Times today (you'll have to skim over Jersey Shore first)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/04/arts/television/jersey-shore-family-vacation-trading-spaces-reboot.html

I never watched the original; this doesn't sound appealing to me:

This doesn't surprise me.  If they're starting off with a Doug/Hildi episode, I knew it wouldn't be with the 'good' Doug and Hildi.  The true measure will be what the second episode is like.  

On 4/1/2018 at 12:32 AM, Maverick said:

The Brown Jessie room wasn't bad, but the homeowner hated brown and stated she wanted anything but.   Laurie had a brown room plan and hell or high water she was going to do it.  Laurie wasn't spiteful like Doug or 'wacky attention seeker' like Hildi, but I don't recall her being one known for taking the homeowner into account.  She came in with a pre-conceived design (invariably based on a piece of fabric she just loved).   Her designs were generally tasteful if unmemorable so while they may not have been exactly what the homeowners wanted they were at least presentable and livable and didn't provoke the extreme reactions.  

I just caught the Brown Jessie episode. I hadn't seen it in YEARS but as soon as I saw Jessie I instantly remembered she hated her room and yelled at her neighbor. The room looked decent but it was very brown. You could tell Laurie just really liked those colors herself because her outfit and make up matched the room. Lol. 

I'm looking forward to the reboot as long as they don't go overboard letting Hildi destroy rooms. It's one thing to have eccentric taste, but putting sand on the floor or hay on the wall was so ridiculously impractical and just made me angry. I guess they thought it was good for ratings but you're totally ruining people's homes. Not wacky, just mean. 

• Love 3
(edited)

And the 2nd hour is just another show. So how is this “Countdown to the New Season” when you’ve been showing old episodes all day?! ?

It’s the hay on the wall episode.

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Love 2

Man, I hope they don't start this whole new thing with whackadoodle shit that makes people sorry they signed on.  Would be disappointing and the beginning of becoming a parody of itself.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, desertflower said:

I just caught the Brown Jessie episode. I hadn't seen it in YEARS but as soon as I saw Jessie I instantly remembered she hated her room and yelled at her neighbor. The room looked decent but it was very brown. You could tell Laurie just really liked those colors herself because her outfit and make up matched the room

I remember Laurie used to also always paint furniture brown.  Why paint brown wood brown?  Made no sense, and took beautiful wood and turned it into painted stuff.  And the ceiling fans as noted earlier!  Standard equipment in every room, in my neck of the woods.

I don't think Hildi ever did a room I even sort of liked, and is the sole reason I'd never be on this show - then or now. I quit watching after the feathers, the straw, the fake flowers (the dust!!) and the sand/circus tent room.  How horrible. 

New ep:  Hildi wasn't so bad, and Doug's room was actually at least attractive at the end.  I'd still wonder about dust/fabric particles with the burlap, but it looked nice.  But I'm not sure I can do this show again.