Type keyword(s) to search

RelationShep - General Discussion

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Despite what Shep says, I really don't think he wants to settle down and get married. He's listening to what a lot of other people are saying and wanted the spotlight of having his own spinoff.

He obviously has no problem getting girls (probably mostly due to $$) and there's not as much pressure for guys because they can father children almost at any age. He already has money so he'll be fine after the show. Might as well have fun while you're bravo famous.

His entire brand is now "clueless oaf who just can't manage to get a pretty, nice, smart girl."

Yeah .. guess so.  I'm surprised he hasn't gotten anyone pregnant yet .. Being drunk and all.  Unless  all the girls are on the pill or something nowadays.  Or maybe he has already .. Who knows.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Despite what Shep says, I really don't think he wants to settle down and get married. He's listening to what a lot of other people are saying and wanted the spotlight of having his own spinoff.

He obviously has no problem getting girls (probably mostly due to $$) and there's not as much pressure for guys because they can father children almost at any age. He already has money so he'll be fine after the show. Might as well have fun while you're bravo famous.

His entire brand is now "clueless oaf who just can't manage to get a pretty, nice, smart girl."

I agree with this.  He doesn't want to settle down and get married, and why should he?  Why does everybody have to do what everybody else does?  

I'm just annoyed I wasted my time watching this dolt.  Shep needs a bath IMO.

• Love 2

Well if he has a substance problem as many believe, then he may not be able to make rational decisions.

I wouldn't rule out that he is open to settling down but he hasn't found "the one."

So he's not able to connect and looks to substitute this missing thing by hooking up.

• Love 1

All this show did for me is take a character from a reality show who I didn't really mind, because he was rather inoffensive and made him quite offensive. He's such an example of white privilege and arrogance. All his talk about who would " fit in" with his family and friends. Why didn't you just brag that your ancestors were all slave owners and how that was a magical time?

• Love 5

I thought that Peyton was trying too hard and didn't seem like she was truly into him, likely more into the money and lifestyle he could provide, just as his mother said. When Shep told her it was over she seemed unhappy but more in the "oh shit, I lost the game" way. Priscila was attractive, pleasant, and seemed grounded -- and thus too mature for Shep. If she was "acting" that she was disappointed and hurt she did a great job of it. I think was beginning to have true feelings for Shep and having him dump her immediately after saying "I told Peyton there was someone else" was a kick in the gut. 

So I laughed that poor vulnerable Shep then "put himself out there" with all the dumb romantic stuff like flowers and a surprise "I've come for YOU" visit to Bella because it so backfired on him. I think he did surprise Bella because she had on no makeup and they weren't filming with a lighting rig and all the setups they would need if Shep's visit had been pre-planned and blocked out. I think she was already back in her NYC life feeling somewhat relieved that nothing she had done on camera would embarrass her (much). Then Shep shows up and she is asked to film a scene when she clearly just wasn't that into him. So ha-ha to Shep. 

Edited by RedHawk
Priscila spells her name with one "l"
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

All this show did for me is take a character from a reality show who I didn't really mind, because he was rather inoffensive and made him quite offensive. He's such an example of white privilege and arrogance. All his talk about who would " fit in" with his family and friends. Why didn't you just brag that your ancestors were all slave owners and how that was a magical time?

Thank you very much for this.  This is one of my issues with Souther Charm and all it's incarnations.  The reality is these "old" families got their money because they had slave labor for hundreds of years.  Shit, I'd be a millionaire too if I had workers I didn't have to pay.

• Love 3
On 1/9/2018 at 2:18 AM, zoeysmom said:

This show is really bad.  Why is Shep constantly playing with his nose?

Now that Craig and Naomi have split-Shep should just take up with her.  They were so impressed with each other.  

Who got custody of Gizmo? 

I kind of hope Craig.

On 1/19/2018 at 1:38 PM, RedHawk said:

I thought that Peyton was trying too hard and didn't seem like she was truly into him, likely more into the money and lifestyle he could provide, just as his mother said. When Shep told her it was over she seemed unhappy but more in the "oh shit, I lost the game" way. Priscila was attractive, pleasant, and seemed grounded -- and thus too mature for Shep. If she was "acting" that she was disappointed and hurt she did a great job of it. I think was beginning to have true feelings for Shep and having him dump her immediately after saying "I told Peyton there was someone else" was a kick in the gut. 

So I laughed that poor vulnerable Shep then "put himself out there" with all the dumb romantic stuff like flowers and a surprise "I've come for YOU" visit to Bella because it so backfired on him. I think he did surprise Bella because she had on no makeup and they weren't filming with a lighting rig and all the setups they would need if Shep's visit had been pre-planned and blocked out. I think she was already back in her NYC life feeling somewhat relieved that nothing she had done on camera would embarrass her (much). Then Shep shows up and she is asked to film a scene when she clearly just wasn't that into him. So ha-ha to Shep. 

Yep, Peyton just wanted to win, & is also the kind of girl he usually ‘dates’. Priscilla would have been a good fit, but probably more of a mother. He just wanted the one who got away. So transparent.

ETA: that was super shitty to build up that he told Peyton no, and then was like ‘but not you either, hug!’. Chump.

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DrSparkles said:

ETA: that was super shitty to build up that he told Peyton no, and then was like ‘but not you either, hug!’. Chump.

Yes, for all his "I'm such an honest, nice guy and I never lead a woman on" the way he told Priscila was a total asshole move and showed how little he actually cares about any of these girls' feelings. Rather than a simple statement of truth he had to tease it out and go for "drama". 

ETA: IMO Priscila is way better than Shep and I hope she doesn't feel like she "lost" anything other than a total game-playing jerk.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Yes, for all his "I'm such an honest, nice guy and I never lead a woman on" the way he told Priscila was a total asshole move and showed how little he actually cares about any of these girls' feelings. Rather than a simple statement of truth he had to tease it out and go for "drama". 

ETA: IMO Priscila is way better than Shep and I hope she doesn't feel like she "lost" anything other than a total game-playing jerk.

It did seem like the women cared about not being chosen in the end.

Maybe if they won, they expected to appear on SC and Shep's show.

If he chose one, maybe they change the format for season 2 and it's about them trying to maintain the relationship somehow.  

So all those appearances on Bravo would add up to more income and that's what they're disappointed to lose?

If they do another season, they could go on a hunt again but I don't know if he'd really be up for it, unless he's also gotten hooked on the additional income from TV.  Seems like he could afford a nice lifestyle without TV money but he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to leave SC.

So he does have a job, kind of.  And 5 seasons or 5 years on the same job makes a career?  ;)

On 1/16/2018 at 4:47 AM, Lizzing said:

I'm super curious about the one who got away, Molly. Like, is she pissed that Shep keeps bringing her up? Did she feel the same way about him 15+ years ago?  I need a Molly tell-all! LOL!

She is his Beverage Cart Girl! We need a two-part expose with T-Rav’s old paramour.

On January 19, 2018 at 10:08 PM, Neurochick said:

Thank you very much for this.  This is one of my issues with Souther Charm and all it's incarnations.  The reality is these "old" families got their money because they had slave labor for hundreds of years.  Shit, I'd be a millionaire too if I had workers I didn't have to pay.

It really does show that the only difference between these people and redneck/white trash is that somebody in these families once made enough money to support hundreds of family members. Shep, Thomas, and Whitney have no jobs (really), no applicable skills, are drunks, do drugs, are prejudiced, and have no manners or culture. What they think of as "culture and sophistication" is really just memorizing some lines from some books that every 8th grader in America reads, and putting on a tuxedo. And they only do that because they're extremely insecure about never amounting to anything.

• Love 1
On 1/17/2018 at 4:34 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

I guess it would be honest to just have the show as -- Sheppie looking for a dumb young chick to have sex with without paying for it.  But would it be any less gross than this awful shit?  Um, no.  What's up for the next season?  Which hookers is Sheppie gonna hire?  Ugh.

Was this show being used as a teaser for SC?  Meh, if it was a promo for SC, they didn't do such a great job at it.  Sure, we got some short unmemorable appearances from Cams & Snowflake & JD & Craigie-poo.  And there was a lot of Charleston scenery -- which was nice to see in contrast to Sheppie's  generally gross appearance.  But SC is ALL about the lunacy of Kathryn & Thom-ass too.  And this show offered nothing from them.

You'd think being the lead on his own show that it would make Shep maybe, maybe, think about something else besides himself for a second and make him look "presentable", not only to the ladies, but to the audience as well. But nope. Seriously, he may quote all of the classics in the world but he's got peas for brains. 

On 1/17/2018 at 2:19 PM, Gem 10 said:

So I read that Sheppy is great friends with Andy Cohen now and hangs with that crowd in New York City and the Hamptons.  Nice.   Andy gave him a nice gig for 5 episodes and he enjoyed the Big Apple before Southern Charm comes back.  Not bad having friends in high places.  Why would he want to get tied up with a girl when he lives the charmed life.

Him and Andy hanging out, partying, doing drugs or whatever, may have been a more fun show than this. 

A show with Satan Andy & Sheppie getting sloppy drunk would be better than this shitty mess.  But that ain't saying much.  And that would be gross to watch too.  2 past-their-prime rich drunks chasing 18 year olds -- of different or maybe the same gender?  No thanks.

This show seemed to push Sheppie to act his worst -- be sloppier than usual, shove his gut out so he looks more out of shape & show off his shitty out-of-shape body.  Sure, he mostly looks slovenly on SC & maybe occasionally plasters down the hair.  But on this show his appearance was downright awful.  He looks unclean & smelly.  Ew.

And his manner on this show had none of the vague charm he has shown on SC.  I'm wondering if producers pushed him to act like as much of a jerk as possible -- or really to just act like himself.

To me, the show brings out a mildly interesting point.  Are there women out there so desperate to land a man with money?  This show supposedly highlights who Sheppie is -- sloppy, unclean, lazy, & not particularly intelligent or charming.  

So how would he be as a partner?  He doesn't seem generous (seems cheap to me -- yuck), could likely be unfaithful & doesn't seem attentive or a good listener.  Best I can say for Sheppie is he doesn't seem to be an abuser -- physical or verbal, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the potential to turn into one.

Now, while it was pretty obvious none of these women were interested in Sheppie & he wasn't interested in them, is it possible there any women around who could be interested in Sheppie?  Sure.  But they're not likely gonna turn up on on this crap.  Nope, this is just gonna have women after dough from Bravo & the chance to be on a national TV show.  It's all just a waste of time.

So what's Sheppie's motivation to do this shit?  He doesn't need the Bravo dough, right?  Could he actually want to be promoted by Bravo to the world as a smelly, unclean, lazy, charmless, unintelligent jackass -- who mostly can't get anywhere with attractive & intelligent young women (at least ones who aren't drunk to nearly the point of unconsciousness)?  Um, OK then.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

Believe it or not, there are women who are still desperate to settle down with Shep. At least according to Cameron, who had a hilarious set of IG stories today saying she had so many women messaging her there to get Shep to go out with them that she would now gladly accept Paypal payments to the highest bidding women for dates with him---I especially liked when she added her rationale: "My husband says I need to start making money on social media."

21 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

So how would he be as a partner?  He doesn't seem generous (seems cheap to me -- yuck), could likely be unfaithful & doesn't seem attentive or a good listener.  Best I can say for Sheppie is he doesn't seem to be an abuser -- physical or verbal, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the potential to turn into one.

Some of Shep's on-screen interactions with Craig on SC could be considered abusive.

15 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Believe it or not, there are women who are still desperate to settle down with Shep. At least according to Cameron, who had a hilarious set of IG stories today saying she had so many women messaging her there to get Shep to go out with them that she would now gladly accept Paypal payments to the highest bidding women for dates with him---I especially liked when she added her rationale: "My husband says I need to start making money on social media."

It didn't work out too well the last time an evening with Shep was auctioned off.  

Yup, I remember well on SC, Cheltsie describing aggressive & unwanted advances from Sheppie, which she implied were disturbing.  So who knows what dark shit this disgusting lazy slob is capable of.  Yeah, great move giving him a show, Bravo.

On 1/22/2018 at 9:48 AM, Stan39 said:

It really does show that the only difference between these people and redneck/white trash is that somebody in these families once made enough money to support hundreds of family members. Shep, Thomas, and Whitney have no jobs (really), no applicable skills, are drunks, do drugs, are prejudiced, and have no manners or culture. What they think of as "culture and sophistication" is really just memorizing some lines from some books that every 8th grader in America reads, and putting on a tuxedo. And they only do that because they're extremely insecure about never amounting to anything.

I think Thomas is a pretty successful real estate developer.  I doubt he'd be as successful without his last name and family connections, but he does actually work. 

On 1/22/2018 at 9:48 AM, Stan39 said:

That, and many rednecks work way harder than some of these people ever will...

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 1
On 1/14/2018 at 2:29 AM, biakbiak said:

I know there has been some speculation about Sarah the producer, since we don't have a spoiler thread.

Reveal hidden contents

Based on her IG she was in Valparaíso, Chile at the same time that Shep was there for his cousins wedding and nearly all her pictures are of her by herself.

Hmm.....well....to me, it's odd that anyone who would know Shep well would be interested in him.  I mean, you would know what you would get and that's not all that, imo.  lol 

• Love 4

Obviously, I’m very bored today because I’m watching reruns of this show. I was actually paying attention during Elizabeth’s BD party and believe I saw Ashley as a guest there as well. I never saw her interact with Trav, but she did speak to Landon a few times. She was noticeably heavier, well more normal looking, at least. I don’t recall when she was introduced on SC and at this point everyone and everything just runs together to me. Anyone else see her on this episode?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, AntAnn said:

Obviously, I’m very bored today because I’m watching reruns of this show. I was actually paying attention during Elizabeth’s BD party and believe I saw Ashley as a guest there as well. I never saw her interact with Trav, but she did speak to Landon a few times. She was noticeably heavier, well more normal looking, at least. I don’t recall when she was introduced on SC and at this point everyone and everything just runs together to me. Anyone else see her on this episode?

I saw bits of Ashley here and there among the crowd during that episode and was already so curious about how she’d come across later on SC since I’d been seeing her all over Thomas’s Instagram by then—-I mostly remember how goddamned annoying Landon truly was when she completely hijacked an important discussion/moment Shep was having with one of the ladies(Bella, I believe?) by loudly cackling “I BROUGHT CAAAAAKKKKEEEE!!!!” while only bringing one piece for herself and one for Shep before plopping down right alongside the two of them like a sixth toe. Because she’s so thoughtful and socially aware like that. And I say this as someone who wasn’t even all that initially bothered by Landon.

I watched a few minutes of this godforsaken show again while showering up today. It pretty much cements my initial annoyance with Peyton for being such an uptight, needy and basic twat. I didn’t care for the oldest gal just because she was so naggy and was so into “negging” Shep((I think she and Peyton both fully bought into the “Gone Girl”-approved ‘Cool Girl’ schtick)). And his fave chick Bella annoyed me just because she had the most obnoxiously grating case of vocal fry I’ve heard short of VR’s Scheana.

So yeah, I pretty much hated all these hosebeasts featured on this show and am still convinced Shep dodged a full batch of bullets and Stage 5 Clingers.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 4

Shepsters,

If you found this thread, you realize that RelationShep has been turned into a single thread show.  Talk all things RelationShep here.  

To follow this thread, use the follow (Bell shaped) icon that is below the thread title. To get back to this thread more quickly, you can use the Followed Content icon on the main menu bar.  Note, when you choose to follow the thread you can be given a notice or, if you like, have no emails sent to you. 

If you have questions, please PM @PrincessPurrsALot.

43 minutes ago, scrb said:

I thought we were suppose to get a new season of this dreck.

But now season 6 of SC is set to premiere in about a week.

He clarified after a misleading IG post that he wouldn’t be doing it again.

• Love 1