Type keyword(s) to search

RelationShep - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 12/13/2017 at 11:36 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Given Shep's insistence that he is quite the Shakespeare fan, I wish one of the women had used some Shakespeare Insults.  I think we would all agree he looks like he emits "The rankest compound of villainous smell that ever offended nostril."

Or perhaps one of the women could suggest that he "sell when you can, you are not for all markets". 

And of course one could decry "you starvelling, you elf-skin, you dried neat’s-tongue, bull’s-pizzle, you stock-fish!"

Bravo! ;) THAT might spice up this show!

• Love 1
On December 6, 2017 at 9:03 AM, bosawks said:

Well, he's probably a great way to catch something........

I don't remember if they ever showed Sheps parents or siblings if he has any.  Did any one see them?  Doesn't his family see that he parties, drinks, run around to much?  Doesn't his Mother worry about alcohol poisoning?  Or is this show scripted and things are not what they look like.  Shep is cutesy, but I don't know why any girl with half a brain would want him.   This show is not good so far.  If he has to pick one out of the four, looks like he won't.  He doesn't seem interested in any of them.  Maybe he should be the next Bachelor.

• Love 1
On December 16, 2017 at 8:27 AM, IslandGirl said:

I've never seen Southern Charm, so this is my first exposure to Shep. My husband & I both like him so far; he seems deep, & appears to be searching for depth & intelligence in a good looking, well mannered lady who also knows how to have fun & let loose. Some of the women were drop dead gorgeous, but he had no interest because they were shallow or unintellectual. We like that he realized the big hair Texas woman was actually intelligent, & admitted to prejudging her incorrectly.

At first I found Shep's unkempt appearance endearing, but not having seen SC perhaps it's more dysfunctional than I realize...

As far as coming back to Charleston, I could imagine myself agreeing, but then being unable to handle the actual reality of SisterGirlfriends! 

You would LOVE Southern Charm.  The scenery alone is real "old south", and the houses spectacular.  The cast was great, but now one is in & out of rehab, another had a baby, etc.. Hope it comes back, but was unsure as they cast Shep in his own show.   If you can, catch it on demand or at the library.  The husband watched it too.  You both won't be sorry.

• Love 2

I know there has been some speculation about Sarah the producer, since we don't have a spoiler thread.

Spoiler

Based on her IG she was in Valparaíso, Chile at the same time that Shep was there for his cousins wedding and nearly all her pictures are of her by herself.

• Love 2

Shep's journey to find love comes closer to an end.  Shep looks to his roots for guidance.  Peyton fits in perfectly at a getaway to Shep's family farm; and Priscilla proves to be the perfect partner at an overnight at his mountain home.  Feeling conflicted, a talk with Mom reminds Shep to follow his heart. 

8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Its coming back they wrapped middle of December.

OH good !   Thanks.  Wondering if Katherine will be on.  She was good t.v.  Saw T-Rav with another woman in one of Sheps episodes.

• Love 1

@Gem 10, his parents have been on Southern Charm a few times. His mom seems to do a lot for him - she shops for him a lot and buys a lot of his clothes. When he visits their mountain cabin or hunting lodge his mom stocks the house with food for him. He's had a few conversations with them about settling down but not too much about the alcohol issue.

There was also a scene last season on Southern Charm of him going to the doctor and discovering that his liver enzymes were elevated. He was strongly advised to slow down on the drinking - he didn't and doesn't appear to have since then based on this show. Shep was pretty cute the first season, but I think his partying has ramped up now that he's "famous" and it's really taken a toll on him. He looks bloated and red, has gained weight and looks even more disheveled than he did before.

• Love 3

When he visits their mountain cabin or hunting lodge his mom stocks the house with food for him. 

To be fair she tells the people who stock these homes for them to do it, she isn't doing it herself and that has been alluded to in their convos about it. She does still shop for clothes for him.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, ExplainItAgain said:

There was also a scene last season on Southern Charm of him going to the doctor and discovering that his liver enzymes were elevated. He was strongly advised to slow down on the drinking - he didn't and doesn't appear to have since then based on this show. Shep was pretty cute the first season, but I think his partying has ramped up now that he's "famous" and it's really taken a toll on him. He looks bloated and red, has gained weight and looks even more disheveled than he did before.

I follow him on Instagram and nope, based on his pics/stories there, he ain't slowing down on the extreme partying at all. He pretty much just goes globetrotting and partying, lather,rinse,repeat. Occasionally he'll go hunting, see a live show or play golf, but he's mostly a full-time bar star. I can only imagine how many free drinks fans and/or staff must toss his way. It's definitely taken a toll on his looks---his cute, disheveled prepster look of season one SC has given way to his rumpled, bloaty current state.

This show is pretty sad on many levels. Much like Shep, it's just a big old mess. The less than handful of gals they could somehow beg to appear on this shitshow seem genuinely bored with Shep. Shep seems genuinely bored with these gals. Shep has no idea how to have a healthy and mature adult relationship. Because he is a spoiled man-child and his mom has apparently babied him for wayyyy too long.

And what's the end game here? They "win" the chance to long distance date/sleep with Shep when he's not busy hooking up with half the 20-something chicks he meets out at the bars in Charleston?? Wow, that's some kinda prize right there, ladies.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

To be fair she tells the people who stock these homes for them to do it, she isn't doing it herself and that has been alluded to in their convos about it. She does still shop for clothes for him.

LOL, I actually had this clarification in my post and then took it out because I thought it was clear. But yes, I'm sure they have house managers, housekeepers, whatever staff who keep all these homes running. But, Shep could work with them directly. I'm sure his mom just wants to be helpful, it just comes off like Shep is lazy and babied.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ExplainItAgain said:

@Gem 10, his parents have been on Southern Charm a few times. His mom seems to do a lot for him - she shops for him a lot and buys a lot of his clothes. When he visits their mountain cabin or hunting lodge his mom stocks the house with food for him. He's had a few conversations with them about settling down but not too much about the alcohol issue.

Thanks for the update.  I watch so many realty shows, I don't quite remember them being on.  I think Shep is happy with his life being what it is.  I don't know why Bravo gave him these 5 episodes.   I thought it was because Southern Charm maybe wasn't coming back, but found out it is.  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Thanks for the update.  I watch so many realty shows, I don't quite remember them being on.  I think Shep is happy with his life being what it is.  I don't know why Bravo gave him these 5 episodes.   I thought it was because Southern Charm maybe wasn't coming back, but found out it is.  

Shep was on WWHL recently and he joked with Andy about something that happened to them while they were out one evening or on some trip ... can't recall what it was exactly, but the gist is that they are friends and socialize outside the show.  

I recall from a different WWHL episode Andy saying something about Shep knowing Saturday Night Live staff members.   

My read is that Andy hob-knobs with different people for different reasons.  I think he's got gay Hollywood buddies and they carouse together.  He also hangs with a younger set that engages in more than just weed (I would put Shep is in this crowd), and I think he's got another crowd that is more mainstream, e.g. Jessica Parker, a few others.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2

I really disliked Peyton so I'm glad she didn't "win." 

I knew Bella would be back, there's no way she just dropped off the face of the earth. The flower cart shown in the previews was a dead NYC giveaway.

I don't think we have to watch Southern Charm to figure out how this ends...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ProudMary said:

Cameran:  "Let's face it, he wants to marry his mother."                                          Um no, Cam.  He wants to marry you but you're off the market.

This 100%.  Not that I can blame him; however I think Cameron found herself a suitably quirky doctor.  His love for their neighbor’s dog is one of the funnier things to view on instagram.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Of course Shep wants the elusive one, the one that got away.  SMH

Yeah, I wasn't sure if Bella was happy or not -- flattered, maybe.  Is she the really young one too?

Kylie was even younger. 

When Shep was looking for Bella to say she wanted to date him, she said something like, “You’re here.” Not a ton of enthusiasm - no surprise it’s over.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

This 100%.  Not that I can blame him; however I think Cameron found herself a suitably quirky doctor.  His love for their neighbor’s dog is one of the funnier things to view on instagram.

Jason bought he dog stairs to hop on their bed! I understand his reasoning for not wanting to be on the show but good lord I want to see more.

How does Shep deal with the injustices in his life?!? Not getting the dedicated mountain view room in his parenrs vacation home!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8

I'm super curious about the one who got away, Molly. Like, is she pissed that Shep keeps bringing her up? Did she feel the same way about him 15+ years ago?  I need a Molly tell-all! LOL!

One thing is clear based on the amount of driving in this episode: Shep is a distracted driver and should look at the damn road, not the chick in the passenger seat.

Edited by Lizzing
  • Love 5

I'm trying to imagine what life with Shep would be like. He's so truly so full of everything Shep - his homes, his family, his memories and his life.  The woman would have to fit into HIS lifestyle, there would be no room for her priorities. He thinks he is such a catch that he doesn't have to put much effort into anything so his just showing up his enough. You would be in constant competition with his mother and Cam.  Bravo misinterpreted his charm, I think, this show truly showed how one dimensional and "hick" he is ( the women fleeing the show soon after they got to Charleston bears witness to that). I think in small doses on Southern Charm he was a pleasant character but we don't need anymore of Shep than that.  This show was a waste of time for everyone.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Jason bought he dog stairs to hop on their bed! I understand his reasoning for not wanting to be on the show but good lord I want to see more.

How does Shep deal with the injustices in his life?!? Not getting the dedicated mountain view room in his parenrs vacation home!

I loved the t-shirt he had made with the dogs picture on it. The fact that he’s allowed her to post the videos and photos of him and the dog, but will not appear on the show cracks me up.  

• Love 4

he chose the girl who didn't really give a shit about him,  so he could say it didn't work out...and go back to his normal life of sleeping all day and drinking all night, driving a golf cart or lawnmower and quoting shakespeare to college students.  end of story.  peyton would have been the best fit. priscilla would have nagged him every minute of the day,  she wouldn't tolerate his lazy ways.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, blondmommy said:

he chose the girl who didn't really give a shit about him,  so he could say it didn't work out...and go back to his normal life of sleeping all day and drinking all night, driving a golf cart or lawnmower and quoting shakespeare to college students.  end of story.  peyton would have been the best fit. priscilla would have nagged him every minute of the day,  she wouldn't tolerate his lazy ways.

It's mind boggling how Shep constantly refers to his parents' relationship, "My father was the provider for the family, and my mom made thousands of decisions" and not ever recognize HIS shortcomings in all these relationships. HE HAS NO JOB OR ASPIRATIONS!

• Love 4

I didn't watch this show because I don't want to enable this hack more than Bravo already enables him, so I check in here to see what your reactions are to the show. Maybe it will be at least a fun, harmless, winter show that you will never hear from again, but at least it was enjoyable. Looks like it was not.

Shep likes the chase, not the prize. Most probably why he went after the woman who left. Now that he got her, he most probably got bored and ended the "relationship." That's why he's never had a serious relationship for 15+ years, by his own words. That's why he took a special liking to Chelsea only after she hooked up with Austen. I imagine one of the storylines this upcoming season is if Shep would go after Naomi now that she's single. Whoopeedo. So exciting. 

6 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I'm trying to imagine what life with Shep would be like. He's so truly so full of everything Shep - his homes, his family, his memories and his life.  The woman would have to fit into HIS lifestyle, there would be no room for her priorities. He thinks he is such a catch that he doesn't have to put much effort into anything so his just showing up his enough. You would be in constant competition with his mother and Cam.  Bravo misinterpreted his charm, I think, this show truly showed how one dimensional and "hick" he is ( the women fleeing the show soon after they got to Charleston bears witness to that). I think in small doses on Southern Charm he was a pleasant character but we don't need anymore of Shep than that.  This show was a waste of time for everyone.

I think Shep would be best served with a sex doll rather than a living human woman. The sex doll would not argue with him, would not talk back, would do everything he and his family do, would fit in his lifestyle well, she'll dress well for those country club events, and wouldn't complain if he isn't paying attention to her. Why even waste a trashy, drunken woman on him? 

• Love 5

Shep’s parents might be nice people but they didn’t teach their son how to grow up - or even expect it. Coddling the baby of the family might be fun for a mom or dad but it sure ain’t the best parenting.

• Love 8

Oh big surprise---so the hunter ditches his chosen prey to go chase after the lone prey he hadn't caught yet. How predictable. How sad. This is exactly why Shep is single; he enjoys the thrill of the hunt too much to dare settle for a mature and stable relationship. 

Talk about a complete and total waste of time/money/energy for everyone involved in this shitshow. Little did we realize it was simply an extended teaser preview for Southern Charm's upcoming season!

For the record, I didn't detect *any* unique chemistry between Bella and Shep. Zilch. She seemed bored and completely over him by the time she split town; her overall indifference over  their "surprise" reconciliation certainly didn't seem to prove otherwise.

• Love 11

pretty boring overall. i dont think any of the girls seemed attracted to him. the scene with peyton and shep on the bed before they went to dinner... was off puting. she didnt look like she was enjoying it ( maybe its because of the cameras ? ) and his mis matched boxers with his shirt. idk he looked very grandpa. i think that shep liked these girls but there wasnt alot of chemistry. i agree that he compares to much to his parents. im sure they arent perfect. i think he likes the idea of have a wife and family, but he doesnt reaalllly want that yet. i mean jesus youre on this show and SC im sure he gets lots of opportunitys to meet people but hes still single. he doesnt even really date. he didnt seem to spend that much time with the girls either. watching the bachelor and than this. gosh those girls actually seem like they want to kiss the guy, these girls seem to care less. 

• Love 2

The whole premise of this show was gross.  Yeah, I know The Bachelor has been on forever.  But I never watched that shit.  And this show seemed particularly misogynistic -- with consistently sloppy & disgusting-looking Sheppie getting to laud over & choose from a harem of mostly much, much younger women.  Ew.  

Um, just curious -- could any of the women look as sloppy & disgusting, with an out-of-shape body & always unkempt hair & a generally unclean appearance -- as Sheppie ALWAYS sported on this crap show?  I'm sure not.  God, I hope this show will NOT be back.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:
On 1/15/2018 at 8:36 PM, Gem 10 said:

So what was the purpose of this show .. to introduce Bella to Charleston and go back n forth to New York?

Talk about a complete and total waste of time/money/energy for everyone involved in this shitshow. Little did we realize it was simply an extended teaser preview for Southern Charm's upcoming season!

That's what I think this show as, I kind of look at it as a preview for the upcoming season or just something to keep SC fans interested, since they featured enough SC cast appearances to tie it with the show.

Of course the Bachelor format caused a lot of cringe-inducing moments.

The two women he said no to seemed somewhat crestfallen, especially Priscilla.  Did she really see Shep as a catch or did she want to be on SC?

Shep's family must be loaded because he's talking about going to Palm Beach to hang out.  But those bark-covered railings in that mountain home still look tacky to me.

Thing is, they called this season finale so how would they even have a second season after they tried to show Shep supposedly making a real try to find someone and then that little fling at the end didn't last?

If the ratings were like SC, I'm sure Bravo would find a way to do another season.  Bravo has no problem trying spin offs, like that ghastly Betheny and Frederik show.

Also, weren't the other SC spin offs suppose to air by now?  Not the Augusta one but New Orleans or something like that?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, scrb said:

Also, weren't the other SC spin offs suppose to air by now?  Not the Augusta one but New Orleans or something like that?

Believe it or not((still in shock about this)), they're currently filming SC Savannah right now. Never mind the godawful reviews and ratings, somehow that shitshow still managed to get renewed for another season---much like "Summer House", I'm still baffled as to how some of these awful shows squeak by:

https://pagesix.com/2017/12/11/southern-charm-to-get-a-touch-of-nyc-next-season/

I'm also wondering if we'll be treated to yet more awkward crossovers from the main SC cast, such as Shep and the gang stopping by to hang with them in Charlotte. 

Its weird how there's radio silence on "SC New Orleans" though---makes me wonder if it's turning out to be an even bigger dud than the Savannah version and its pathetic cast((and do any of these folks know any person of color? Way to reinforce bad Southern stereotypes there, producers)). Still can't wait to finally see it if/when it finally airs.

I'm hoping that since this Shep show aired we'll be spared from further random cast spin-off shows. Although I wouldn't be adverse to a Craig/Gizmo special or the drunken adventures of T-Rav.

• Love 2

The fact that they called this a “season finale” rather than a plain-ol’ finale was disheartening. I hope they don’t bring this back. I’d rather watch “On Tour With Renob” featuring Whitney and his Chanel guitar.

• Love 3

Shep looks bombed most of the time.  After picking up girls at the bars and taking them home for a "quickly",  he probably wakes up and has no recollection of who he was with and what were they like.  How could he fall in love when he's drunk most of the time.  A spoiled frat boy looking for a piece of ass .. That's it.

• Love 3

So I read that Sheppy is great friends with Andy Cohen now and hangs with that crowd in New York City and the Hamptons.  Nice.   Andy gave him a nice gig for 5 episodes and he enjoyed the Big Apple before Southern Charm comes back.  Not bad having friends in high places.  Why would he want to get tied up with a girl when he lives the charmed life.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Um, just curious -- could any of the women look as sloppy & disgusting, with an out-of-shape body & always unkempt hair & a generally unclean appearance -- as Sheppie ALWAYS sported on this crap show?  I'm sure not.  God, I hope this show will NOT be back.

That's why there is no unicorn. Why waste a unicorn on a hag like Shep? He's not even life smart. He's just good at remembering passages in classic books and sayings by popular people. He doesn't even give that aura of wordliness that may be attractive to women. Just a  frat boy who happens to be rich. That's it. His "smarts" is not even all that impressive. 

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Why would he want to get tied up with a girl when he lives the charmed life.

Totally nothing wrong with that. Just don't give the audience a shitshow of Shep "on his quest to find love..." when there can be more fun stuff they can do. 

• Love 2

I guess it would be honest to just have the show as -- Sheppie looking for a dumb young chick to have sex with without paying for it.  But would it be any less gross than this awful shit?  Um, no.  What's up for the next season?  Which hookers is Sheppie gonna hire?  Ugh.

Was this show being used as a teaser for SC?  Meh, if it was a promo for SC, they didn't do such a great job at it.  Sure, we got some short unmemorable appearances from Cams & Snowflake & JD & Craigie-poo.  And there was a lot of Charleston scenery -- which was nice to see in contrast to Sheppie's  generally gross appearance.  But SC is ALL about the lunacy of Kathryn & Thom-ass too.  And this show offered nothing from them.

• Love 1

Despite what Shep says, I really don't think he wants to settle down and get married. He's listening to what a lot of other people are saying and wanted the spotlight of having his own spinoff.

He obviously has no problem getting girls (probably mostly due to $$) and there's not as much pressure for guys because they can father children almost at any age. He already has money so he'll be fine after the show. Might as well have fun while you're bravo famous.

His entire brand is now "clueless oaf who just can't manage to get a pretty, nice, smart girl."

• Love 4