Type keyword(s) to search

RelationShep - General Discussion

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Being an Awful Northerner (I assume in his world), I had to roll my eyes when he said "that's just not how we do it in the South" (or somesuch).   Okay, Ashley Wilkes.

At first I agreed with Shep that it was inappropriate what Peyton said in public, then Peyton made a good point that Shep ASKED her what was wrong from across the table. Shep may be right that his mother never argued in public, but I bet it's also likely that Shep's father would quietly pull his mother aside to talk in private if he thought something was wrong. But, it's all about Shep and how these women treat him, he has no accountability for anything. 

All these women are going to leave before Shep has a chance to reject them, lol. I didn't see sparks with Arden, but Bella is a catch and it looks like she's leaving next week. I think her and Priscilla are the most ready to settle down. We'll see who's left standing.

LOVED Priscilla's, "How's that working out for ya?" To Landen. Lol.  We met Landen living on a boat recovering from her horrible marriage. Maybe not the best person to be handing out relationship advice. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Yes. She filed for divorce over the summer.

Wow, really?  Eh, not that surprising -- I always thought JD had asshole douchebag written all over him, & we weren't getting much of who he really is on SC.  His wife seems like a nice woman.  Good luck to her.  Given the history of any men connected to Bravo shows, I wonder if he'll end up being a deadbeat dad, Slade-style.

Notice how this show goes back to SC cast so often?  Uh, like every ep.  This is a terrible show.  And looking at homeless man Sheppie makes my eyes hurt.  Buh-bye, shitty Bravo show.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

but Bella is a catch and it looks like she's leaving next week.

True or Bravo editing?

I like Bella, she's really pretty and IMO too good for nasty, filthy Shep.  

I think Shep has idealized his parents marriage and relationship so much that nothing can compare.  People who come from dysfunctional screwed up families sometimes have hard times with relationships.  However, if a person idealizes their family and sees everybody as perfect, that can be a mess too because everybody is just an imperfect human.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Notice how this show goes back to SC cast so often?  Uh, like every ep.  This is a terrible show.  And looking at homeless man Sheppie makes my eyes hurt.  Buh-bye, shitty Bravo show.

I’m with you this.  I have not watched much of the previous episodes of this spinoff, except for the this one.  I am a Southern Charm fan and was happy to see some of the regulars.  

I did like shep but he has become a pretentious, raga muffin, as his mother says.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

True or Bravo editing?

I like Bella, she's really pretty and IMO too good for nasty, filthy Shep.  

I think Shep has idealized his parents marriage and relationship so much that nothing can compare.  People who come from dysfunctional screwed up families sometimes have hard times with relationships.  However, if a person idealizes their family and sees everybody as perfect, that can be a mess too because everybody is just an imperfect human.

It amazes me how little introspection Shep has shown over the years. As much as he wants what his parents have, does he seriously think he's near the man his father is? These girls fit into the Southern social scene WAY better than Shep does, except Shep comes from money so he can do whatever he wants. Summer isn't proper enough for Charleston, but Shep can strip down to his speedo and jump in the pool? What an ass. 

• Love 6

Craig looked good with the nicely clipped beard in the barber shop scene.  I was sorry to see that he'd shaved it off for Elizabeth's party.

Shep looks worse each episode.  Even dressed up for the party, he still looked sloppy to me.

• Love 1

What was the big deal with Summer?  The party crasher?  We didn't even really see her except for a little in the beginning and a few seconds with Shep.  

If Shep wanted a serious relationship he'd probably have one.  He doesn't want one.  I don't know why he's even doing this show.  Maybe Shep wants to be famous.

• Love 5
On 12/5/2017 at 9:18 AM, walnutqueen said:

He needs to get himself a cat or nine - mine don't mind that stench as long as it comes with lots of food and petting on demand.  

i read the post before i saw who posted it...once i read it i had a smile on my face and just knew you posted it!  love you!  you always guarantee me a smile or a chuckle or both!

• Love 2

Shep needs someone like Priscilla who will call him out, but he would never go for her.

Peyton has SUCH a sour personality.

Bella is obviously the front runner and the whole work thing seems like a production setup to force Shep to make a decision. Seriously, Sarah keeps having to lead him into decisions, there's only about 7 days left, and he hasn't sent anyone home yet.

• Love 1
On 1/2/2018 at 10:06 AM, Emmeline said:

Is JD divorced?  I knew he lost or sold the restaurant.

On 1/2/2018 at 10:20 AM, biakbiak said:

Yes. She filed for divorce over the summer.

Wasn't it JD's wife advising Shep that he needed to find someone who would stand behind him no matter what?

On 1/2/2018 at 7:26 PM, ExplainItAgain said:

Shep needs someone like Priscilla who will call him out, but he would never go for her.

Peyton has SUCH a sour personality.

Bella is obviously the front runner and the whole work thing seems like a production setup to force Shep to make a decision. Seriously, Sarah keeps having to lead him into decisions, there's only about 7 days left, and he hasn't sent anyone home yet.

I like Priscilla and think she has what it takes to boot Shep into motion, but I think Bella is definitely the frontrunner. I don't think it will stick, though.  Shep is intellectual and well-traveled, but Bella has/aspires to have an international lifestyle.  Shep will be far too mundane for her long-term. 

The scenes with him wearing a backpack in NYC say it all.  I could see Bella with CEO's, actors, etc. but not with Shep.

I'm not a Shep hater.  I actually really like him and support the idea of him being "him".  It's just that it's going to take a very unique (and hard-to-find) person to make a relationship with him work.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2

My DVR cut off with the last talking head.  No matter, didn't really care.

Really have to wonder about these women's motivations.  Peyton and Summer look needy, though I still think Bravo planned Summer's visit.  They didn't have to tell her where they were.  They not only told her, they hired a car to bring her to the house and had her sign a release to be filmed.

Peyton's question should have been asked by Shep's friends.  Does he really see a future with a 21 year old or he just wants a fling with a sweet young thing?

As they're going to the party they worry about being judged by Shep's friends.

Um did they not worry about being judged by anyone who saw this show?  The audience would include their own friends, family, coworkers, etc.

I don't think Bravo would pay enough for them to take time from work and risk potential humiliation.  So you have wonder if all these women are a little desperate, to put themselves out there for any guy, let alone this guy -- tall blond and smiles a lot is all it takes?

And Priscilla is kidding herself if she thinks they just signed up for a vacation.  It's one thing to want to shove your tongue down his throats but to appear on a TV show?

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Jextella said:

I'm not a Shep hater.  I actually really like him and support the idea of him being "him".  It's just that it's going to take a very unique (and hard-to-find) person to make a relationship with him work.

I'm glad you used the word "unique", and not "special". I would hate the idea of a very special woman to be wasted on this hag.

• Love 1

Hah.  If memory serves, I used the word "special" first but realized it wasn't quite right :)

4 hours ago, slowpoked said:

I'm glad you used the word "unique", and not "special". I would hate the idea of a very special woman to be wasted on this hag.

Hah!  If memory serves, I used the word "special" first but realized it wasn't quite right :)

• Love 2

Shep pulls out all the stops to impress Bella on their romantic date. Meanwhile, with the inevitability of eliminations weighing heavily on this Southern gentleman, Shep steps up his game to find "the one." He turns up the charm on a romantic rooftop date with firecracker Priscila, treats southern belle Peyton to a baseball game and woos innocent Kylie on a luxurious cruise.

• Love 1
On 12/30/2017 at 8:13 PM, Stan39 said:

Shep is just lame.

I enjoy Shep; of course, that's because I'm old enough to be his mother (and then some).  I doubt if I would put up with any of his antics or grooming if I were in his age group (which is apparently 22 on...).

• Love 3

So Kylie cannot swim, yet Shep is encouraging her to jump into deep water???  Please.  I'm not a good swimmer and I would not have done that.  He compares it to him risking it by riding a horse.  Okay, you are not going to drown/die riding a horse.

I think it was the combo platter of not-a-swimmer and the beauty pageant thing.

The other brunette annoys me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

The other brunette annoys me.

Dear God...Bella's vocal fry was making me stabby. Why do millennial chicks like her do this?! She sounded like a croaking frog as she hopped on out of the mansion that morning. Not sexy, just annoying AF.

Yeah, Shep ain't into any of these chicks. You can tell he's just phoning it in at this point. If he wasn't being filmed for this "dating" show I'm sure he would've already drunkenly gotten into all their panties by now. 

• Love 4

Standing ovation for the expert gamesmanship of Bella sitting in sunglasses taking the pin out of the grenade and just slowly rolling it into the middle of the room! 

I was hoping Kylie's talent was equestrian  and that she rode on stage but then realized Miss USA doesn't have a talent portion and was sad!

This production is so halfassed I am kind of shocked that it's actually airing and I watched Apres Ski!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

I wouldn't even say he's indifferent to these women.  He looks like he can't stand being near 'em.  When they flashed Priscilla's age (35), I laughed.  Sheppie wants 'em 20 -- er, so that lets Priscilla way out, eh?  Besides, didn't she start zinging him again & pointing out how he's a 37 year old man & should have his shit together?  Or something like that.  Honestly, I only heard her shout at him that he's a 37 year old man.  Don't hold me to too many deets on this show.  They show so much of Sheppie's shitty body that I mostly check out in disinterest.

Anyone catch Sheppie's just-smelled-poop faces he kept making when he was hanging with Peyton?  He kept looking at her like he thought she was a skank.  But I figured he looks at all women that way & that's supposed to be his "charm" & why he got this stupid show.  Eh, this show makes no fucking sense.  It really doesn't.  And I really hate that goony laugh of Sheppie's.  The only reason I watched is cuz I was too lazy to switch off after the VR chucklefucks.

• Love 3

They're scraping the bottom of the barrel to contrive to set up scenes for Shep & Cameran to film together if they had to resort to "lawn mower shopping" this week. 

But as bad as all that and Shep's obvious disinterest in the women were, Landon misreading the room and dolphin chortling was, by far, the most difficult thing to watch this week. 

• Love 8

This show was not a good idea for Sheppie.  He has nowhere to hide.  The real Shep îs not attractive.

Priscilla is too mature for Shep.  Kylie was too sweet and innocent. I believe Peyton is closer to the type he normally dates.  

I wonder if we see Bella again. Bella became more interesting to Shep by leaving. 

• Love 5

In addition to the pageant-girl thing and her fear of water, Kylie really is too much of a goodie-two-shoes type for Shep - he wants a wife but isn’t looking to clean up his act that much.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Thumper said:

So Kylie cannot swim, yet Shep is encouraging her to jump into deep water???  Please.  I'm not a good swimmer and I would not have done that.  He compares it to him risking it by riding a horse.  Okay, you are not going to drown/die riding a horse.

He made her jump in and then immediately said he was going to cut her.  What a dick!

12 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Why do millennial chicks like her do this?

Why does he date millennials?

8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

This show is really bad.  Why is Shep constantly playing with his nose?

Don't forget his best buds are Thomas and JD.......................................................................Isn't there a rumor that Shep is into coke?

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Thumper said:

I think it was the combo platter of not-a-swimmer and the beauty pageant thing.

And SO innocent about real life.  It was like watching a beautiful 15-year-old.   If she had told Production she could not swim, WATER would not have been part of this date (legal ramifications).  She yearns to be The Queen of Everything while maintaining a sweet and cooperative demeanor.  Great for pagents; not great for real life.  Also, pageants can overlook all the "talents" contestants list on their resumes/applications...they're rarely checked.  Kylie probably did her best paperwork-padding for Bravo.  You know...fake it 'til you make it.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

I wonder if Bella makes an appearance next week. I'm sensing she might be the one he got the flowers and romantic "goodies" for.

This is my bet. But I don't think he's really into any of these girls. I thought maybe he wants Priscilla's personality in Peyton's body, but he probably doesn't want that on second thought. 

• Love 3

Cam's real estate office must have wanted to shill some properties downtown or else Shep was tired of schlepping to the beach when he wasn't getting laid.  It feels like this show is just flying by the seat of their pants.   Bella leaving was a bit random; you  mean, there was nothing in your contract that wouldn't make you check with your employer and make sure you were going to be free?  Also, his Dad bod is showing and that doesn't bode well for someone whose in his 30's and not a Dad. Bragging  that your Mom did all your shopping for you till you were 35; not good!   I don't think that Priscilla is at all interested in Shep,except for camera time; Peyton seems more into him than he is in her. I thought that Kylie was more mature than Shep. A pirate? Indeed.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

This is my bet. But I don't think he's really into any of these girls. I thought maybe he wants Priscilla's personality in Peyton's body, but he probably doesn't want that on second thought. 

Maybe Shep liked Bella best and paid her boss to call her back and give her a promotion - he’ll let the other two go and then, alas, Bella just won’t be available! Poor, poor pirate Shep. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

I agree.  I think we ALL know who Priscilla is most interested in.

Who would that be?

Actually you can die if a horse throws you.  The way I got out of my fear of deep water was to jump in.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Who would that be?

Actually you can die if a horse throws you.  The way I got out of my fear of deep water was to jump in.  

Yeah, I guess you could die from being thrown from a horse.  I just thought it was very insensitive of Shep to be all judgey about Kylie because whe wasn't comfortable about the water.

Fear of deep water -- you still have to be able to swim if you jump in.

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 1

Maybe he did try to sleep with them and he cut Kylie because she wouldn't.

i don't know the timeline but it seems like they shot for maybe a month?  A couple of weeks on the road trip and then a couple weeks in Charleston?

Maybe there was some time period between the road trip and Charleston.  I somehow doubt all these women were the result of setups from mutual friends, though I don't know how they would have come up with all of them in a short period of time.

But it would make more sense that they put out a casting call and they all signed up to be on the show.

• Love 1

I think Priscilla wants to be the one to prove that Shep should be dating people his own age. She just keeps her cool better than Peyton about that subject.

Peyton just wants to win. She's had the most comments about the competition, one more girl down, etc. She's an actress trying to win a part.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

I think Priscilla wants to be the one to prove that Shep should be dating people his own age. She just keeps her cool better than Peyton about that subject.

Peyton just wants to win. She's had the most comments about the competition, one more girl down, etc. She's an actress trying to win a part.

I think Shep has at least 3 personalities that he's hoping to find in one girl. 

Priscilla is mature but playful in a sharp sort of way and isn't a shrinking violate.  Peyton is more casual and playful in get-your-feet dirty sort of way.    These two are polar opposites.  Bella the physical appearance and worldliness Shep is looking for, and she seems to be able to bridge what Priscilla and Peyton bring to the table.  

She's probably the most logical choice for Shep.

What I find interesting about the show, is that unlike the Bachelor, these women don't seem to care much if they win or lose - other than Peyton for the reasons noted above.

Doesn't say much about Shep, or the show.

• Love 1
On 1/8/2018 at 10:05 PM, ExplainItAgain said:

I think Kylie sealed her own fate the minute she said she wanted to be Miss USA. Shep was not into that.

Or when she apparently truly didn't understand how sails work.  ?!?!?  I thought maybe Peyton would get the boot for not understanding (or even pretending to care to learn about) baseball, but I guess not.  She made a really good first impression on Shep.

On 1/9/2018 at 8:30 AM, Lizzing said:

But as bad as all that and Shep's obvious disinterest in the women were, Landon misreading the room and dolphin chortling was, by far, the most difficult thing to watch this week. 

Shep's face after Landon planted herself down with the cake was pretty funny.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 1

I take Shep for what we know he is but what the hell are these young women doing on this show? If they have any education and/or pride, they’d never be on a TV show this shallow and stupid where their families and friends could see them. This is just embarrassing for all of them and their families.

• Love 5
On 1/10/2018 at 3:03 PM, Gam2 said:

I take Shep for what we know he is but what the hell are these young women doing on this show? If they have any education and/or pride, they’d never be on a TV show this shallow and stupid where their families and friends could see them. This is just embarrassing for all of them and their families.

Raises hand! Me too...me too. I agree that he is not even close to settling down. None of those girls are right for him and even if he picks one, it won’t last, IMHO. Totally embarrassing for the girls because they aren’t into him either. Gold dig much ladies? Initially, I thought Peyton looked great with him, hmmm, she’s beautiful, but too insecure to be with a trustfund man child Party boy. 

• Love 2
On December 5, 2017 at 11:17 AM, BloggerAloud said:

It is still so weird to me that a network would build a relationship show around someone they spent a season showing to be a grabby drunkard unless they're hoping that Shep becomes some reality show version of Dudley Moore in Arthur.

Yes .. And what kind of show would they have otherwise.  Landon is hopeless, Katherine is probably in and out of rehab, Cam has the baby now, the bar owner has no story line and the other guy is probably practicing law.  T-Rav is still floundering around.   Shep is a spoiled party boy.  He needs a girl that will kick his ass and say "no".

• Love 1