Type keyword(s) to search

RelationShep - General Discussion

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Dustin Waters who writes the often hilarious recaps of Southern Charm for the Charleston City Paper has written an entry on the Relationshep preview released by Bravo.  It's pretty funny too. 
https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/HolyCinema/archives/2017/07/21/lets-unpack-this-new-preview-for-southern-charm-spinoff-relationshep

Thanks for the link!  I love when a writer incorporates great literature with crap TV. Oh I will absolutely be on the couch, snack in hand.

• Love 2
On 11/15/2017 at 10:55 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Just catching Shep on the Today Show. He's on The Guys Tell All panel during the Kathie Lee and Hoda hour. I'm waiting for him to actually have something interesting to say. 

Did he ever say anything interesting?  I would have given up.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Did he ever say anything interesting?  I would have given up.

Nope. He was his lame usual self. I thought that he would have spiffed up a bit to be on the show too. His hair was disheveled and I'm over his wrinkly clothes look. He doesn't really seem to put effort into anything. 

5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Nope. He was his lame usual self. I thought that he would have spiffed up a bit to be on the show too. His hair was disheveled and I'm over his wrinkly clothes look. He doesn't really seem to put effort into anything. 

To me, he always looks like he smells bad, like he's got a bad case of BO.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

To me, he always looks like he smells bad, like he's got a bad case of BO.

Ha Ha...you're right. He does look like he's smelly. You'd think that Cameron would have said something to him...or Patricia. 

4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Ha Ha...you're right. He does look like he's smelly. You'd think that Cameron would have said something to him...or Patricia. 

He looks like he reeks of liquor, cigarettes and tacos and he thinks swimming is the same as taking a shower/bath.

• Love 6

P.S. What was in that queso?  (the first date shown. I'm not invested as I know he's plowing a long road)  Good for her for eating like a real human but it looked like it had beef in it. Alas, episode one...I should not expect so much. 

• Love 2

Oh crap. Is this about watching a lot of mismatched dates? Sorry. It's already boring. The Shakespeare date was just so not working. Now these others? No wonder he's calling Landon. A safe thing (a friend he states but maybe one with benefits?). 

• Love 3

Oh, so Landon actually lives in Malibu????  Why did Shep need to call her to interrupt his first date with not-sommelier?

I liked not-sommelier!  Was she too strong for Shep?

ugh.  I can't believe I'm watching a show about Shep.

• Love 4

Unpopular opinion here, but I do like Shep ... he reminds me of my son, the hopeless party man child.

Who found the perfect woman on tinder of all places and is now a committed family man. I’m rooting for Shep, it can and does happen. Maybe not for ratings tho. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

P.S. What was in that queso?  

A cheese sauce with chilis popular in Tex-Mex places. According to the preview it comes up again!

Queso girl and Shep seemed drunk when they were at the bar but she seemed fine.

Non sommelier and Landon are a perfect boring pair.

Kylie is way too young and way too mature for Shep.

• Love 6

I am hereby turning in my Shep card. I always used to defend him but this was awkward, totally uncomfortable and made him look bad. He needed his PRODUCER to guide him through how to end a 'bad' date?  I hated his behavior, especially shushing the 2nd girl, and what seemed like an obvious bias towards blondes. And I am blonde. I also strongly disliked the fact that he was high as a kite in his talking heads. That to me was just gross. This guy needs to grow up and develop healthy coping skills. Oh and I think he's sporting a fresh set of veneers which do look better but they should be a more natural white. The startling white ones age him even more than all the drugs and alcohol he pumps into his body.

• Love 5

Ugh I made a declaration to myself and the world that I would not watch this but here I am being Bravo's bitch watching whatever crapfest they put out.

Oh Shep I would be more convinced that you were sophisticated and well read if you did not walk around quoting the most common lines of Shakespeare and announcing the classic authors that you're fond of while looking like a rumpled preppie 80's has been.  Andrew McCarthy and James Spader have both grown up and moved on.  Why haven't you?

Edited by mytmo
too many wells
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I am hereby turning in my Shep card. I always used to defend him but this was awkward, totally uncomfortable and made him look bad. He needed his PRODUCER to guide him through how to end a 'bad' date?  I hated his behavior, especially shushing the 2nd girl, and what seemed like an obvious bias towards blondes. And I am blonde. I also strongly disliked the fact that he was high as a kite in his talking heads. That to me was just gross. This guy needs to grow up and develop healthy coping skills. Oh and I think he's sporting a fresh set of veneers which do look better but they should be a more natural white. The startling white ones age him even more than all the drugs and alcohol he pumps into his body.

The reason he needed his producer is because he really didn't know what to do, I could tell, he was clueless.  He's the type who has a lot of one night stands and that's it.  He knows how to do that, but real relationships, he's probably clueless about. 

When people say that someone needs to develop coping skills, I want to ask them how and where?  His producer is more of a teacher than anything and the man needs teaching.  There used to be (or still is) this program that helps people get jobs so they can get off welfare.  When the program started, the man who started it said he was surprised at things people didn't know how to do, like how to dress for an interview, or how to shake hands with someone,  how to answer interview questions, and even how to be on time for appointments.  My point is, if you're not taught things, or haven't picked things up, you won't know how to do them.

I think the show is interesting, and maybe I'll watch, at least on demand.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9
On 11/27/2017 at 11:53 AM, Neurochick said:

He looks like he reeks of liquor, cigarettes and tacos and he thinks swimming is the same as taking a shower/bath.

He needs to get himself a cat or nine - mine don't mind that stench as long as it comes with lots of food and petting on demand.  

• Love 5

I tried to watch it, but, it was just so insulting...to me.  I don't know. I used to like Shep, but, have come to see how he's so dysfunctional.  It's sad really.  I don't think he has any clue about what to do in life, besides drink.  I'm not even sure that he likes dating that much or even wants to be in a relationship.  So, it's just not for me.  I hope the ladies were paid well.  

• Love 6

I tried, Bravo, but this is pure dreck!  First of all, I , personally find these dating shows like the Bachelor offensive in themselves. I found first season Shep ok, especially compared to Whitney, T-Rav and  Craig but the last few seasons I've found him pretty full of himself and an alcoholic to boot.  He doesn't seem like he'd be much fun on a date because frankly, he thinks he's the shit so he has no interest in learning about the person who he's with except for what she looks like, and whether she has the correct social background ( that may be what new Shep is interested in). He's actually a bit of a snob, not as down to earth as he would like to think he is.   Also, he actually may not even be straight. He and Andy Cohen were flirting like crazy on WWHL.  

• Love 6

Why has he turned into SUCH a slob?  Even the flashback from last year when he was talking to his mom you could see the difference.  He looks horrible this year!  He was on WWHL and he looked like he crawled out from under a rock.  Andy said he should get a haircut, but I think he needs a little more than that.  Even one of his "dates" said he looked sloppy.   

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

P.S. What was in that queso?  (the first date shown. I'm not invested as I know he's plowing a long road)  Good for her for eating like a real human but it looked like it had beef in it. Alas, episode one...I should not expect so much. 

It's been years since I've been to El Compadre, but I don't remember them having queso on the menu, especially not stringy gross half-melted queso.  Granted, the margaritas have always been the draw.

8 hours ago, mytmo said:

Ugh I made a declaration to myself and the world that I would not watch this but here I am being Bravo's bitch watching whatever crapfest they put out.

Me too :(

Of course at least one of the girls was already reality TV adjacent.  

Landon is so annoying.  

Not-sommelier could seem like a good match for Shep on paper with all her research and esoteric knowledge since he says he's into that and she was age appropriate.  I don't think he really wants what he thinks he wants though.

I liked the stylist.

The horse girl was so young.  So of course she got the invite to Charleston.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Neurochick said:

The reason he needed his producer is because he really didn't know what to do, I could tell, he was clueless.  He's the type who has a lot of one night stands and that's it.  He knows how to do that, but real relationships, he's probably clueless about. 

When people say that someone needs to develop coping skills, I want to ask them how and where?  His producer is more of a teacher than anything and the man needs teaching.  There used to be (or still is) this program that helps people get jobs so they can get off welfare.  When the program started, the man who started it said he was surprised at things people didn't know how to do, like how to dress for an interview, or how to shake hands with someone,  how to answer interview questions, and even how to be on time for appointments.  My point is, if you're not taught things, or haven't picked things up, you won't know how to do them.

I think the show is interesting, and maybe I'll watch, at least on demand.

Hi Neurochick :)  I see you in some of the other boards I follow!  By coping skills I mean that it appears that Shep can't do anything without being drunk or high and it seems like he can't face everyday situations sober.  At least that's how they make it look.  And I guess I'm biased because I dated a few guys like that.  Ugh.  But you're right, if you're not taught, how would you know.  With all the one night stand stuff, I'm agreeing, and he prob wasn't a willing student!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I tried, Bravo, but this is pure dreck!  First of all, I , personally find these dating shows like the Bachelor offensive in themselves. I found first season Shep ok, especially compared to Whitney, T-Rav and  Craig but the last few seasons I've found him pretty full of himself and an alcoholic to boot.  He doesn't seem like he'd be much fun on a date because frankly, he thinks he's the shit so he has no interest in learning about the person who he's with except for what she looks like, and whether she has the correct social background ( that may be what new Shep is interested in). He's actually a bit of a snob, not as down to earth as he would like to think he is.   Also, he actually may not even be straight. He and Andy Cohen were flirting like crazy on WWHL.  

I 100% agree that he has no interest bc in his mind he’s so amazing.  He wouldn’t be fun to be around because he is smarter and wittier and so damn adorable. Except he’s not.

I think this is a first for me because normally I feel all family deserve a pass but even Mom and Dad had this “aren’t we just amazing and everyone will love us” but it felt fake and I felt a hair exhausted at the try hard of that threesome just in those few minutes.   

Plus just getting down to brass tacks of the modicum- why the fuck is he going cross country to find a girl?  Bravo thinks we will care?

Would have been better centered in Charleston with Shep saying “I’m a trust fund kid and have let my ego and drinking go too far so and going to see what I can do when I drop the facade”

This?  Hard pass.

• Love 3

Yeah not feeling the format either.  But obviously contrived situations though I don't think it's necessarily more fake than SC is these days.

I guess he genuinely bothered some of the prospective women and he wasn't feeling some of them either.  Come on, if they don't like Shakespeare, there are other things to talk about.  And Shakespeare shouldn't be the first subject they discuss.  How about more contemporary music or movies?  Not saying people shouldn't be interested in the classics but it's not something you just dive into, whether a play or talking about famous quotes from the plays.

Shep doesn't bother me.  I think a lot of the SC behavior is egged on because that's just what Bravo does, stir up drama and have big confrontations.

I'm going to keep watching for now.  Nothing else on Mondays.

Could help bide time until the new season.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

I think this is a first for me because normally I feel all family deserve a pass but even Mom and Dad had this “aren’t we just amazing and everyone will love us” but it felt fake and I felt a hair exhausted at the try hard of that threesome just in those few minutes.   

Now we know why Shep thinks he's so adorable and such a great catch. Because his parents think he's so adorable and a great catch. Ugh!!

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Now we know why Shep thinks he's so adorable and such a great catch. Because his parents think he's so adorable and a great catch. Ugh!!

Well, he's probably a great way to catch something........

• Love 9
On 12/5/2017 at 7:43 AM, mytmo said:

Oh Shep I would be more convinced that you were sophisticated and well read if you did not walk around quoting the most common lines of Shakespeare and announcing the classic authors that you're fond of while looking like a rumpled preppie 80's has been.  Andrew McCarthy and James Spader have both grown up and moved on.  Why haven't you?

I also made that declaration, and I stuck to it!  I have not watched it... but of course here I am reading about it.

• Love 2

I was glad that at least his producer didn't cave to his request that she iron his clothes for him.  I still have a soft spot for ole Sheppie but that exceeded even my (very high) manchild allowance.

I hope it's Landon's friend that he had the ice cream/book store date who says no thanks to his call to come to Charleston.  She seemed way too good for him.

My first thought when I watched this was, "He's going to end up with that producer, right?" It reminds me of the "dating show" they did with Jo from the first season of Real HW of OC and Slade was her helper who, SURPRISE! Still loved her! Sigh. I was entertained by this and I really liked the girl who told him he looked like a slob. That's the kind of woman he needs, but will probably not end up with. 

• Love 1

I am waiting for the smart women to show up and turn down his invite.  I want Shep to work for the woman he wants.  He has had it too easy with the young women around Charleston.  I was embarrassed by how he was looking and acting.  If he didn't have the family money he would have nothing to offer.  

• Love 5

It is so clear that he has no interest in a relationship. This has worked for him for 37 years and got him two reality shows - what could he possibly gain?  They did a radio interview with him on Siriuss's "Reality Checked" and they called him in NYthe morning after his appearance on WWHL . He sounded very hung over and he was downright rude to the host.  He didn't sound too interested in anyone.

• Love 2

Amen to that, @Caseysgirl; it's such a joke that he keeps trying to convince the world that he's genuinely looking for a wife and kids. He shows no sign of settling down anytime soon and "moving to the beach" doesn't prove a damned thing.

He obviously enjoys this lifestyle and how it works for him and he seems quite content to string random bimbos along for meaningless flings; when he completely loses his looks is when he'll start to panic. 

T-Rav was actually right during that dinner party blow-up at him: he really would be nothing without his momma's money. Chicks are willing to put up with his goofy shlub charm when they know he's got all that family wealth and status to match all his "mailbox money."

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 4

My problem with this show is the whole premise.  If Shep is happy doing what he's doing, then why should he change?  Not everybody wants marriage and children and if they do, not at the same time.  It seems like Shep's behavior bothers other people more than it does Shep.

• Love 11
On 12/6/2017 at 0:42 AM, biakbiak said:

I get its LA but if my waiter suggested a skinny margarita it would be reflected in the tip!

He's a waiter on Sunset.  He knows a struggling LVP-adjacent mactress when he sees one, especially when there are cameras pointed at her.  

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 2
Just now, yourmomiseasy said:

He's a waiter on Sunset.  He knows a struggling mactress when he sees one, especially when there are cameras pointed at her.  

Well in this case itmissed the mark bevause she said she wanted a regular one.

• Love 1