Type keyword(s) to search

Happy! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Robert Lynch said:

What do they mean shop around when the show’s been cancelled? Are they looking into another studio to pick it up?

Another network or a streaming service.

On 6/11/2019 at 7:25 PM, giovannif7 said:

A glimmer of hope for a Season 3 from Christopher Meloni, via Twitter....

Meloni Tweet.JPG

I don't do Netflix, so this season is probably it for me.

I have to say, though, I was disappointed in this season. I hate to be Helen Lovejoy (from "The Simpsons"), but all I could think throughout so many episodes was "Won't somebody think of the children?!" There were so many gruesome parts or sexual beyond-innuendos with scenes with children in them that I couldn't enjoy the show -- whether it was Sonny on stage miming fellatio or fucking or bashing a guy's head in on stage or the kids breaking open the giant chocolate rabbit to see the skinned-alive guy.

And what was the point of the skinned-alive guy? Just some rando that Smoothie decided to torture?

I felt like there was no cohesive story this season. The Blue/Orcas story was pretty pointless.

I hated all the Hallie stuff; I just kept feeling sorrier and sorrier for the little actress having to deal with all that disgusting stuff. I hated Happy losing his innocence.  

It really only picked up in the last few episodes, when Amanda finally got her groove back and roasts the aliens in the delivery room, and then she and Nick are a team. Then it was the  delightful WTF-edness it had last season.

Oh, I enjoyed Meloni's meaty ass at the end.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

And what was the point of the skinned-alive guy? Just some rando that Smoothie decided to torture?

He was the host of the televised Easter Egg Hunt, that he was found at. It was another way for Sonny Shines to bring more attention to the upcoming Easter holiday.

• Useful 1

Season 2 is now on Netflix! I really liked the first season, season 2 just didn't do it for me - a little too muddled and sloggy and the Easter theme wasn't as fun. I did enjoy Nick's 'resurrection'  at the end though. Too many seasons and the comedy and originality starts to wear thin.