Type keyword(s) to search

Happy! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I really enjoyed this! Christopher Meloni as "Stabler-gone-wild-and-insane" is working for me. Also, I was not aware that SyFy was a swearing zone now. Not quite to the full nudity, mind you, we'll put that bouncing graphic over that nipple (you'll see if you watch!).

I'm looking forward to this - it's graphic, yes, in terms of the violence and blood. Oh, so so so much blood. NOT FOR CHILDREN!

• Love 5

This was crazy. I admit I really had no idea what this show was about. I thought (based on the commercials) we'd have a.wounded cop (shot in the head) that went a little crazy and started seeing blue horses and he goes about saving people.

Yeah, no.

Although, I did like it, it was crazy and Maloni really works in this role. It was all kinds is messed up and crazy but, fun. I'm going to keep watching.

On 12/6/2017 at 11:09 PM, saoirse said:

I was not aware that SyFy was a swearing zone now. 

Me neither, first time it happened I thought, wow someone goofed big time! ?

• Love 2

Loved it! So funny in a dark way. Made me laugh every time nick was like come on really these people just wont die.. and then being buzzkilled having to go finish them off why cant they let him be lazy ha! Also how he kept getting hurt when things are going well (like having the heart attack right after finishing the job, fainting right before fighting those 5, slipping on the ice just as he makes it outside the hospital, and getting hit by the truck just as he finds out about his daughter).

All in all not as crazy as blood drive was but just as great! I wish blood drive didnt get cancelled so that syfy would have two batshit crazy amazing shows, two seriously great scifi shows (expanse 12 monkeys) and the magicians for me to enjoy. But its ok Happy! will fill the blood drive void nicely

Just watched this last night. I honestly don't know what to think, but Meloni was great so I'm in. I like weird shows. So that was his daughter that was kidnapped and he didn't know he had a daughter? Wasn't clear on that part.

On 12/11/2017 at 7:13 AM, festivus said:

So that was his daughter that was kidnapped and he didn't know he had a daughter? Wasn't clear on that part.

That's my belief.  She told "Happy" to find "him" -- meaning her dad.  My guess is that her mom was hooking up (married or not) with Nick when he was a cop, but left him somewhere during his downward spiral.  She may have been pregnant when she left him, and disn't tell him, or may not have known until shortly after she left.  Nick can share a beer with Calvin on Superstition!

• Love 2

This was every bit as great as I hoped it was going to be. 

When Smoothie told Nick he was going to slice off his dick in paper thin deli slices, or whatever he actually said, and Nick replied that that was going to take a REALLY long time - that did bring back fond memories of Christopher Meloni and his ample endowments on Oz.  

• Love 3

I got the Trump vibes, too, I do hope it is intentional.  I can't believe how much I like this show, it is such a good mix of humor and violence.  I still remember C. Meloni from L&O:SVU, so it is a bit disorienting to see his character here.  He is so absolutely perfect, though.  For some reason, that shot of him running with the hospital gown flapping around his backside just cracked me up to the point where I had to pause it.   The camera work/angles are great.

I'm glad the pieces are in place to  rescue Hailey, I'd really like to see some progress there. 

• Love 3

I really liked the second episode. The humor was spot on plus I liked the further development of every character. We have two running storylines that are independent but, conflicting.  

Nick needs to save his daughter but, the Mafia plot is out to get Nick which may/will derail his goal.

22 hours ago, mjc570 said:

I still remember C. Meloni from L&O:SVU, so it is a bit disorienting to see his character here.  

Since I first saw him on Oz playing a charming handsome vicious  sociopath who had tortured and murdered a series of gay lovers it was REALLY disorienting to see him play a cop investigating sex crimes (!) on SVU. :)

• Love 6

So, yeah this show really has no fucks to give. It's so wonderfully over the top, that I can't help but love the sheer audacity of it.  Christopher Meloni has been a favorite actor of mine for some time but this performance has outdone even his work on "Oz." I like the writing, and although the storyline is a bit grim, I'm really into where it's going.

• Love 3
On 12/13/2017 at 11:45 PM, mjc570 said:

I got the Trump vibes, too, I do hope it is intentional.  I can't believe how much I like this show, it is such a good mix of humor and violence.  I still remember C. Meloni from L&O:SVU, so it is a bit disorienting to see his character here.  He is so absolutely perfect, though.  For some reason, that shot of him running with the hospital gown flapping around his backside just cracked me up to the point where I had to pause it.   The camera work/angles are great.

I'm glad the pieces are in place to  rescue Hailey, I'd really like to see some progress there. 

I absolutely think the Trump vibes are intentional. And yes, the way Nick Sax is running slays me every time I watch it, especially when he was running out of his apartment building and took a header on the sidewalk. Meloni's flailing style of running on SVU was always lovingly mocked on the old forums. "The flailing, dear god, the flailing." 

• Love 3
On 12/18/2017 at 6:36 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The plot thickens! So Merry broke up Nick's marriage to Amanda.

And apparently played a major role in destroying his career and his life, if Blue is to be believed.

• Love 1

The baby in the microwave would have tuned me into a homicidal lush too. Holy crap that was disgusting.

I'm a little confused did evil Santa take Claire because he's after Nick (history)? Or is he after Nick because of what Claire was telling him when she thought she was talking to another kid?

It's interesting, I keep thinking Nick was a good guy before everything went to shit. Nope, he was always an asshole, he just his it better.

• Love 3

I know I'm not supposed to support vigilante justice, but seeing Nick pound that guy while Merry just stood there? Can't complain when a piece of shit who microwaved his baby gets the stuffing beat out of him. Bonus: we got to see some old school Ozface!

Bad Santa can see Happy - interesting.

Those parents who claimed their little girl was kidnapped but were keeping her upstairs may have been creepier than the baby microwaver.

I think Bad Santa took Claire because she was there, not because he was specifically targeting her. It would have taken a lot of effort for him to kidnap her from that concert so I think that he was hanging around in the hopes of kidnapping a kid and that she just happened to be the first one who stumbled across his path. He couldn't have known that she would slip away from her mom and wander into that area. But how did he know where to deliver the card? Did Claire tell him where she lived?

• Love 2

Isn't her name Hailey?

Any episode that shows full-on Meloni ass gets an A+++ from me.

5 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

The baby in the microwave would have tuned me into a homicidal lush too. Holy crap that was disgusting.

Yeah, I think we now know the turning point from "bad" cop to "turn in your badge".

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Isn't her name Hailey?

Yeah, I think we now know the turning point from "bad" cop to "turn in your badge".

You're right, I don't know where I got Claire from.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

But how did he know where to deliver the card? Did Claire Hailey tell him where she lived?

Bad Santa seems somewhat supernatural, he might have had a clue from the posters that the mom was hanging up. Even worst Bad Santa went into her home with Hailey to look at the picture of her dad on the computer. Then Bad Santa went straight to where Sax was, eventhough the police has been searching for him for the several murders. Bad Santa swallows Happy in the preview for the next episode.  

14 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah, that really went too far, I thought.

10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I know I'm not supposed to support vigilante justice, but seeing Nick pound that guy while Merry just stood there? Can't complain when a piece of shit who microwaved his baby gets the stuffing beat out of him. Bonus: we got to see some old school Ozface!

Those parents who claimed their little girl was kidnapped but were keeping her upstairs may have been creepier than the baby microwaver.

Scared the shit out of me when Amanda found her in the attic.

9 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

And what a beautiful, beefy ass it is.

8 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Bad Santa seems somewhat supernatural, he might have had a clue from the posters that the mom was hanging up. Even worst Bad Santa went into her home with Hailey to look at the picture of her dad on the computer. Then Bad Santa went straight to where Sax was, eventhough the police has been searching for him for the several murders.

The last brother Sax offed in the first episode mentioned something about demons running the world. Either Blue is one of them or he knows about them. That might tie in with Very Bad Santa's apparent supernatural abilities. Plus, Nick keeps surviving accidents and other encounters that should have killed him. 

I wonder if there's more to Wiggles-like entertainer Amanda and Hailey were going to see when the girl was kidnapped.

• Love 4
On 12/19/2017 at 3:49 AM, jhlipton said:

Anyone see the "TV Watnings" (like TV-M for Empire and the like)  This one is WTF and has Hitmen, Blue Unicorms, and all sorts of crazy sh*t!

Yeah that was a great hook!  I paused and laughed out loud. 

• Love 1
On 12/21/2017 at 10:20 PM, SmithW6079 said:

Yeah, that really went too far, I thought.

Scared the shit out of me when Amanda found her in the attic.

And what a beautiful, beefy ass it is.

The last brother Sax offed in the first episode mentioned something about demons running the world. Either Blue is one of them or he knows about them. That might tie in with Very Bad Santa's apparent supernatural abilities. Plus, Nick keeps surviving accidents and other encounters that should have killed him. 

I wonder if there's more to Wiggles-like entertainer Amanda and Hailey were going to see when the girl was kidnapped.

I think the Squishies or whatever the hell they are are a big part of it. When Amanda and Hailey were talking about them on the way to the show in the pilot, Amanda asked which one Happy liked the best and Hailey said Happy didn't like them because he thought they were creepy. Then the fake-kidnapped girl had one in her room. 

Speaking of beautiful beefy asses, I wonder if Teh AoL porked up some for this role.