Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Talk AHS: Coven

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I loved beautiful awesome Jessica Lange being pitted against beautiful awesome Angela Basset.  Anyone who thinks only women thirty and under are hot (looking at you Donald Trump) should seriously look at these two fine actresses.

I wish I could like this a million gazillion times. I can't think of a single actress under 30 that captivates me the way those two did.

ETA: I would even go so far as to add Frances Conroy to that list. I found Myrtle Snow super hot too. Maybe it was the theremin? I don't know, I'm all confused.

Edited by Aja
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I agree Coven is the best AHS season and as a gay man I worship at the alter of camp!  The saving graces of the season was indeed the veteran actresses – Jessica, Angela, Kathy and Frances with a strong 2nd tier of Lily and Dennis. There are so many amazing quotes that came out of that season some of which I use to this day – Don’t be a hater, dear.  LOL

And because I know when they take me to be burned alive on Christopher Street for wearing white after Labor Day I know I will be screaming Zaah-Rahhhh as the flames consume me.  Can’t afford Ballenciaga :-(

And I will never forget the moment I turned to my boyfriend during the Queenie Minotaur masturbation scene and said – Ummm  Did Precious just finger pop herself to a man bull? WTF?!?! yeahhhhhh no words….

Ahhhh happy times.

Talk is that Ryan is going to bring back some iteration of Coven for a future AHS season. Something along the origin story of the coven and supreme.  One thing I do like about the current AHS season is the clues he placed in episodes 1-5 that were tie ins/shoutouts to previous seasons.  There was talk it would be about Lady GaGa’s character in the current AHS being the original Supreme.  Not to crazy about that idea because I don’t think LGG is a strong enough actress to anchor a season.

Edited by NYCNJbear06
  • Love 7
On 10/31/2016 at 3:05 PM, qtpye said:

I loved beautiful awesome Jessica Lange being pitted against beautiful awesome Angela Basset.  Anyone who thinks only women thirty and under are hot (looking at you Donald Trump) should seriously look at these two fine actresses.

Bumping this because I am rewatching S3 and just got past the episode where Fiona and Marie first face off in the salon. Marie appears to be on the losing end of it, but then she uses it to cut Cordelia down in the next episode.  "She done messed with the wrong witch!"

Also, the way Lange dripped this line full of acid was TV gold:

"Maybe in another hundred years you'll own TWO shithole salons."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Rewatching the season, I wonder what was so different about these groups of witches to the witches in the past. Gaining multiple powers is supposed to be a big thing and a possible sign of raising up as the new Supreme. Everyone is born with their own signature (Madisons being telekinetic but a very strong telekinetic) and of course being able to cast spells.  

I still yearn for this to be spun off into its own show so we can expand further upon Supremes, The Council, everything to do with the lore they've built in Coven. 

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 2

I enthusiastically watch this show. It entertains and frustrates me. There are so many talented individuals who signed on. It seems to me the budget is a filmmaker’s dream. The opening montages scare the %*€*>¥ out of me. The cinematography is superb. Even the font of the credits captivates me. But then the plot lines just collapse. It makes me think the writers/Ryan Murphy have/has ADHD. 

• Love 2

I'm currently rewatching this season. If Zoe is supposed to have the Vag of Death why didn't FrankenKyle die when she boned him during the threesome with Madison? Or was he some sort of zombie and therefore unkillable? And if that's the case why was Zoe going to shoot him with a gun? I'm confused.