Type keyword(s) to search

Superacting: The Talent We Get on Screen

• Start Topic

My guess is it was partly money, and partly that they just didn't know what to do with his character anymore.  Although, IMO, they could have kept Mark and dispensed with Asmodeus.  I know that Crowley was seen as too friendly with the Winchesters, but I still say they could have changed that.  He may have worked with them when it benefited him, but he had no problems double crossing them, if it got him what he wanted.  And no offense to the actor who plays Asmodeus, but Crowley never grated on my nerves the way Colonel Sanders does.  He's my least favorite character on the show, and considering how sick I am of Lucifer, that's saying something.

• Love 8
On 4/1/2018 at 5:53 PM, MysteryGuest said:

My guess is it was partly money, and partly that they just didn't know what to do with his character anymore.  

IMO, there was nowhere for Crowley to go. It wasn't interesting anymore and hadn't been for years. I love Mark S. and Crowley, but to quote Crowley himself, "it was all so ... expected" Twice, they ramped up to big scenes where Crowley rediscovers his evil and promises to go full-on big bad, but a few weeks later he's back to being the Winchesters' errand boy. They just couldn't pull the trigger on making him a real bad guy, which ultimately made him boring.

• Love 2