Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: The After Show, Part 2

• Start Topic

Time for Jess to negotiate the next TLC contract and get JimBlob and Chelle cut out since they are more a hindrance and eyesore.

The couples don't need the parents anymore... alert the TLC lawyers that the TV pie will be cut into 5 parts... the Jess/Bin slice, Dill slice, Jinge/Pastor V slice, Joystin slice and the final slice... Kendrab/Joe getting a half slice and the rest of the family sharing the fifth slice with the engaged couple.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Is the $400,00 the lump check for the entire season and then gets split up between cast members? 

I have no idea how these things work.  ;)  Just thinking the $400,00 might be a real number but who gets all of that is inaccurate. 

I think it makes more sense that it is a total.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they negotiate as a group and all the money goes into a single pot to be distributed amongst all of them.  And, of course, that JimBob controls it all and decides how much to pay each family including Smuggar's.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think JB found any of the husbands. I think they all went after the daughters. Maybe with Derick he steered him toward Jill because of similar day dreams, but Derick initiated the original contact with JB. And even with Austin it appears that Joy spent less time "praying on it" and more time passively pursuing him. I still think JB didn't want Jessa to marry Ben. I think if JB could have actually chose husbands for his daughters they'd be more like the Bates in-laws Chad and Brandon. Austin seems to be, so far, the most like them.

I do not think Jim Bob Duggar would ever, given the choice, choose a son in law like Chad Paine.  Chad is so good at so many things he would surely show up the Duggar boys and even Jim Bob himself.  The mantra of this family seems to be, "Nobody, including his own sons, can be better than Jim Bob."

• Love 17
On 7/25/2017 at 0:37 PM, mimionthebeach said:

Each time I watch this, I'm trying to figure out her movements. To me it looks like she's wearing one of those little "bullets" and Austin is messing with the remote. And THAT'S what's funny!

That's not funny...That's Hilarious!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, flyingdi said:

I do not think Jim Bob Duggar would ever, given the choice, choose a son in law like Chad Paine.  Chad is so good at so many things he would surely show up the Duggar boys and even Jim Bob himself.  The mantra of this family seems to be, "Nobody, including his own sons, can be better than Jim Bob."

Well he failed with Jeremy. 

• Love 9

Ok, I grew up sheltered...what's "one of those little bullets" that Joy's rumored to be 'wearing' in that photo? I think I have an idea....an 'enhancer' for HER?

It's been rumored that Jana had 'it' for Chad Paine, pined and hoped for him, but JD didn't act on it and Erin got him first. Anything to back this up as fact? Poo Jana, she needs to be proactive about her life; seems to me her sisters are, when it comes to hooking a husband.. why isn't she?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Ok, I grew up sheltered...what's "one of those little bullets" that Joy's rumored to be 'wearing' in that photo? I think I have an idea....an 'enhancer' for HER?

It's been rumored that Jana had 'it' for Chad Paine, pined and hoped for him, but JD didn't act on it and Erin got him first. Anything to back this up as fact? Poo Jana, she needs to be proactive about her life; seems to me her sisters are, when it comes to hooking a husband.. why isn't she?

Perhaps she doen't want to get married?

• Love 2

ginger90: I agree that a possibility is that Jana is not straight and is struggling with this. Considering the family she lives with, that's got to be a terribly difficult situation for her. Yes, maybe it's JANA, who is tap dancing her way in to remaining single by appearing to be quite 'picky' at the guys who have approached JB...He did say on TV that Jana rejected the ones who approached him so far asking about her....so, who knows? We surely never will.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Yes. But there are also some that are made for couples.

• Love 1
(edited)

wonder why Dani Starr didn't get the job of hosting..

If having chaperones and no physical contact is the most unpleasant part of the "process" then why the long engagements ? Get engaged one day and go to the courthouse after the 3/5/7 day waiting period. To be honest, with probably the exception of the custom-tailored fit of the wedding dress, the rest of their weddings do look like it was a quick DIY that  shouldn't have taken 3 months to pull off. I've seen families pull off better back-yard BBQs and tailgate/game parties with less notice.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, floridamom said:

ginger90: I agree that a possibility is that Jana is not straight and is struggling with this. Considering the family she lives with, that's got to be a terribly difficult situation for her. Yes, maybe it's JANA, who is tap dancing her way in to remaining single by appearing to be quite 'picky' at the guys who have approached JB...He did say on TV that Jana rejected the ones who approached him so far asking about her....so, who knows? We surely never will.

I don't think it has to do with Jana's sexuality. I think it has to do with Jana's sense of purpose. If we consider what went on when they were much younger, Jana was the only sister not involved in that crisis; but she was old enough to understand it happened. I honestly feel that Jana is there because she has a strong sense of purpose and responsibility. She is the oldest sister and if she leaves; who takes over? Johanna...nah, she's too young and naive. Remember, John David and Jana likely remember their parents before they went full on Gothard---as would Josh, but likely none of the others. What Jana has witnessed and experienced her whole life is what keeps Jana in that house. 

• Love 16

I think Jana is both a Social Butterfly and a Nervous Nellie. Her parents have continually squashed the social side and nurtured the nervous side. Jana had to be a first responder and doula because JD & Jill needed accountability partners. Her nervous side was so apparent when Josie was having a seizure. I think Jana is apprehensive about having solo responsibility for anything and is waiting for a guy who will work around the home and be available in any emergency. She was around many births at a young age and unlike Jill I think she truly realized how hard labor and delivery is. I'm guessing unlike her sisters she seems to know that life isn't a fairy tale and is holding out until the 'right guy' comes along and maybe waiting until her fertility window shrinks.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, sATL said:

wonder why Dani Starr didn't get the job of hosting..

If having chaperones and no physical contact is the most unpleasant part of the "process" then why the long engagements ? Get engaged one day and go to the courthouse after the 3/5/7 day waiting period. To be honest, with probably the exception of the custom-tailored fit of the wedding dress, the rest of their weddings do look like it was a quick DIY that  shouldn't have taken 3 months to pull off. I've seen families pull off better back-yard BBQs and tailgate/game parties with less notice.

I heard but I don't remember where(so take it with a grain of salt) that whoever hosted before wore clothes that were too cleavage baring for the Duggars.

Jana would be a perfect bride for a widower with kids...she would easily step into the parenting role of howlers that aren't hers... as she does now.

This mystery widower lives far away from ARK so Jana can be deprogrammed in the same way Jinge is learning how to  function away from the compound.

Jana being swept up and moved a thousand miles away would be an interesting twist for her life.

I'd watch that...

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Jana would be a perfect bride for a widower with kids...she would easily step into the parenting role of howlers that aren't hers... as she does now.

This mystery widower lives far away from ARK so Jana can be deprogrammed in the same way Jinge is learning how to  function away from the compound.

Jana being swept up and moved a thousand miles away would be an interesting twist for her life.

I'd watch that...

Well, actually we wouldn't watch that. Because if she did marry and leave? IMO there's no way in hell Jana would sign a reality TV show contract and live with a camera crew popping in and out of her life.

• Love 10

Jana could have the deal like Jinge and Pastor V... a camera crew shoot canned footage of selected and agreed slices of life away from the compound.

The producers and crew could film them all at once with changes of clothes to be edited into the episodes for the season.

Then she and the mystery widower come in for the group shows and collect a check....

Jana would still be doing her part to keep the TLC money rolling in...

• Love 1

Just watched this episode on youtube.  That's a set that they're filming (taping?) on, right?  It's not an actual house, or at least not one of the Duggar houses?  Could it be Duggar Studios?  Have they turned one of their warehouses into that studio?  I suppose TLC could have provided the set pieces to decorate with.  Assuming it is a set, that means that staircase was a prop that Boob, MEchelle and the kids came down = stupid.

(edited)
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Jana could have the deal like Jinge and Pastor V... a camera crew shoot canned footage of selected and agreed slices of life away from the compound.

The producers and crew could film them all at once with changes of clothes to be edited into the episodes for the season.

Then she and the mystery widower come in for the group shows and collect a check....

Jana would still be doing her part to keep the TLC money rolling in...

I think that Jana has already "done her part" and a sh*tload more than "her part," to keep the Duggar household running and the younger kids from growing up feral. And to keep the TLC money rolling in.

If she ever marries and moves away from the family, I wouldn't be surprised if she is totally over and done with any reality TV show connection even if it "only" required one shooting session every now and then. Obviously, everyone has their own opinion and not all agree.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 6

I don't want Jana to marry anyone who already has children. IMO, I think she deserves a break FROM children of any kind. She has been the work horse in that house from when she was a single-digit age. Her mother takes terrible advantage of her and it's just not right. I hope a very distinguished, charming and mannered man notices her and bullcraps Jim Bob with his 'questionnaire' to win Jana. I hope he moves her away and treats her like a queen for a change. I also hope he's not in any rush to have his own 'army' of children. ...I know, it'll never happen, but I can hope for her.

• Love 23
4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Well, actually we wouldn't watch that. Because if she did marry and leave? IMO there's no way in hell Jana would sign a reality TV show contract and live with a camera crew popping in and out of her life.

Unless she disowns them and does what Leah Remini is doing for Scientology.

3 hours ago, magpye29 said:

Janarella never had a glass slipper to lose, so how can her prince(ss) find her?

Good points. Is there any way any of them have any real contact with the world outside their cult other than their fans and employees of TLC?

Also, on a person note, I love how Magpye29 didn't discount the fact that Janarella may be a lesbian. I'd never considered that until I saw this post! Also, never saw "Janarella" until this post either. :D

• Love 5
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:45 AM, humbleopinion said:

Time for Jess to negotiate the next TLC contract and get JimBlob and Chelle cut out since they are more a hindrance and eyesore.

The couples don't need the parents anymore... alert the TLC lawyers that the TV pie will be cut into 5 parts... the Jess/Bin slice, Dill slice, Jinge/Pastor V slice, Joystin slice and the final slice... Kendra/Joe getting a half slice and the rest of the family sharing the fifth slice with the engaged couple.

RE: Kendra & Joe - Yes - Joe needs to have $$ rolling in if he is going to be a husband.

On the Bates thread , Chad was mentioning owning a home debt free. After some searching , I found a book that Jim Bob wrote the forward on how one (ie a son) accomplishes that feat.

Quoting the from forward: " To most being debt-free seems impossible and especially so regarding a house. However, in this book I read the inspiring stories of young men who have achieved the goal of owning a house debt-free. I would like that for my sons, and I think you would for your sons as well.. In Buying a House Debt-Free the Maxwells show us what a young man should do to save for a debt-free house. They talk about the necessary spiritual foundation and ongoing focus. They emphasize the importance of young men being productive with the years they have before marriage and the value of eliminating time and money robbers. They encourage young men to be entrepreneurs and savers" {end-quote}

"Buying a house debt free, Equipping Your Son"  (  link ) by Steve & Teri Maxwell - $14.95..  . Pg 21 of the sample chapter from the link, told how Ryan's friend bought his house debt free at age 24.

young man = newly-engaged Joe.  What exactly does he do for a living - besides being on TLC ? He has been "productive" doing what exactly ??? The few episodes he has been in, I can't remember what it is said what he does..

Since Austin flips houses for a living, I guess the teachings will work for him and he will "acquire" a debt free home for him & Joy.

Ben - possibly.

Derrick and Pastor V, ummmm - not so sure. those two don't seem as handy.

I do dislike that their teachings only apply to "sons" . Poor Jana. I think she would love tinkering around and owning her own home.

• Love 7
(edited)

In the not so distant future...

Man: Mr. JimBlob, I need to ask you something...

JBlob: Yes, you can court Josie...finally...someone who is interested in Josie... Thank you Baby Jesus!

Man: Well, I...

JBlob: Forget the questionnaire...I quit reading the answers from them after the fifth or sixth wedding, the last half dozen questionnaires were filled out in crayon by the dolts who married into this family...you have my and Chelle's blessing to take Josie as your wife...

Man:You misunderstand...

JBlob: Okay, you must be a college boy and drive a hard bargain you can get cash under the table...wink,wink for appearing on the Dugg Hologram Network but you have to provide your own wardrobe and makeup...

Man: I am here to inspect the sewer lines...

JBlob: You a married man or still single?...Stay for dinner...having BBQ tuna on saltines and tater casserole croquettes... what's one more at the trough?...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't want Jana to marry anyone who already has children.

I guess I want Jana to do whatever it is that she would like, but what that might be is a mystery to me. I really have no idea what that woman thinks about anything. She's a cypher. She wears that sweet but bland smile like a mask. 

• Love 11