Type keyword(s) to search

S04:E02 "The Blood Tax"

No Zach is always a plus.

Not sure how long they filmed this, but they certainly seem to have stumbled upon a familiar plotline, with Dutch's storyline feeling like it's the zombie apocalypse version of The Handmaiden's Tale.  It's still really weird seeing Alex from The Expanse playing a creepy guy.  And, hey, the head nurse lady is Beka from Andromeda!

Just admit it, Eph.  Teaming up with these rebels is the most fun you have in a while.  Way better then grousing about your stupid kid.

Abe got captured too, so I wonder what's happen to him.

Gus is still not happening for me.  Even with the return of Marlo, I mean Alonso.

• Love 1

I am bored. The team had good chemistry. . . so they decided to spit them up. And there is surprising little narrative momentum considering they only have eight more episodes to wrap up the series.

• Love 3

Y

1 hour ago, xaxat said:

I am bored. The team had good chemistry. . . so they decided to spit them up. And there is surprising little narrative momentum considering they only have eight more episodes to wrap up the series.

I zoned out during last episode. Why on earth did they split them up? They should have had Gus and the guy from the Wire join the team. I am so disappointed. It is like they borrowed the worse from TWD.

• Love 1

Having a few B+ women having babies seems like such a real long term, almost too much long term strategy.  Does this mean they intend to raise the girl babies and then when they start menstruating at 12-13, start impregnating them too?  Yuck!  and I guess the boy babies will just be raised long enough to, what harvest sperm and then drain for the "elites"?  Just a weird story line.

This whole season seems strange so far.  But at least this episode was Zac free.  I can't wait till that little fucker dies.

• Love 5

Wow this episode was boring. Nothing really happened except they explained what happened to Dutch, but we still don't know where Setrakian is. When the episode ended I was like really? that's it? They really aren't progressing the story along at all. It seems like their only plan so far is to get some nukes but what for? What is that going to accomplish? 

I agree that it was stupid to split the group up. What a stupid thing to introduce this many new characters in the last season of the show. I could care less about this new group Eph is with. All I really want is Fet and Quinlan lol.

2 hours ago, LIFLA said:

What a stupid thing to introduce this many new characters in the last season of the show.

I wonder if Rhona Mitra knew that she would only have four lines after two episodes when she signed on.

I wasn't bored but I agree that it was a mistake to break up our group.  They were all together (except for Gus I think) when that little fucker Zach set the bomb off, why did they split up?  I guess Eph had to go off and brood on his own.  I think his group is the least interesting, though I do want to see what they come up with to poison the blood supply.

So before capture was Dutch a superhero?? Leaping from buildings like that? I laughed when she told Setrakian that the Lumen was too well hidden in the apartment and it was just inside a grate in the wall.  Still, the strigoi didn't find it, which means they weren't looking for it, just there to collect people; or they're dumb; probably both.

Since this is the last season I'm not giving a whole lot of thought to the breeding program; I can't figure how that might work into the endgame.  Unless they are impregnating women to make more like Quinlan, that they can control?  Quinlan came about because he pregnant mother was bitten by the Master I think.  Why bother though since they can walk around in the daytime now, unless it's not world wide.

I worry about Abe being captured.  He's one of my favorites and I don't see anything good from him being caught.

15 hours ago, raven said:

Since this is the last season I'm not giving a whole lot of thought to the breeding program; I can't figure how that might work into the endgame.  Unless they are impregnating women to make more like Quinlan, that they can control?  Quinlan came about because he pregnant mother was bitten by the Master I think.  Why bother though since they can walk around in the daytime now, unless it's not world wide.

If I remember correctly, the breeding program is to produce more humans with B+ blood types, since that is what the strigoi like the best. That is why the one strigoi was smelling them and picking out the B+ women when they got to the facility. I don't think they are making hybrids.

• Love 3

Lifla, thanks for your comment-I couldn't figure any of that out but once I read your post I was like "of course!"

I thought this episode was really intriguing.  I hated that Gus put his cousin in such a bad position.  I'm glad they didn't kill Eddie.

This season does present some interesting aspects of human nature-willingly work with the enemy to live another day or fight?  I do like the poison the blood supply idea at the end of the episode.

Abraham better make it...