Type keyword(s) to search

Bear: Dutch "Speaking" Military-Attack-Guard Dog

Bear's tweets for S04:E18 Skip:

• Winner winner expensive shoe dinner.

• The lady of mystery would choose the name of a cunning Goddess ...

• Let me guess. It did not work because of this meddling detectives and their brilliant dog.

• "Ruh roh 'is dog for" uh oh. "

• I believe in integrity. Dogs have it. People are sometimes lacking. #CesarMillan

• ... I wish tall man would lock me in a freezer full of meat once in a while.

• Sin, guilt, neurosis - they are one: the fruit of the tree of knowledge. #HenryMiller

• Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate. #JohnFKennedy

• Love 2

Bear's tweets for S04:E20 Terra Incognita:

• I miss the taste of a good age dusty tome. I wonder what those library books are doing now.

• Human puppy of the funny police officer needed help with his homework. His books taste new. Weak.

• The abyss for each other keep hidden. That is love. #JulienGreen

• How would you understand death? You understand the life not even. #Confucius

• A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you . #Augustinus

• Love 1

Bear's tweets for S04:E21 Asylum

• Beautiful hammer Lady ... in the phone? Bespectacled man ... What have you done?!

• Maybe if I can get this drawer open, I can liberate small hammer lady ... How does a drawer?
• Stuck in a phone is no way to live. I come, small hammer Lady!

• Follow your bliss and do not be afraid, and doors will open where you did not know they would be. #campbell

• I have open every drawer but one with the phone. In other news, I found where they hide the treats.

• Stay strong, small hammer Lady! Where is a will there is a way ...

• Love 3

Bear's tweets for the S4 finale:

• Beautiful hammer Lady is not small and is not caught in a phone?? Of course. I knew that ....

• Large . Thank you, lady talking herself . Now I have to clean this up. Where do we keep the broom?

• Teachers open the door. You enter by yourself. #chineseproverb

• I cleaned the best I could without opposable thumbs. Everyone comes home now, please!
• Curiosity killed the cat. I'm a big fan of curiosity. #bedanktbenjonson #soortvan
• The only real love is the impossible love. #JohannWolfgangVonGoethe
• One thing is mighty big if it can not shrink the time and distance. #zoranealehurston
• Phenomenal cosmic powers!! Itty bitty living space. #genie
• The health of the eye seems to demand a horizon. We are never tired, as long as we can see far enough. #emerson

• Love 4
(edited)

Bear's tweets for S5:E1- BSOD:

All things come to those who wait ... #VioletFane

Death is waking up on the wrong side of your dreams. #HarryMulisch

But between dream and reality are laws in the road and practical difficulties ... # 1Van2 #WillemElsschot

... And melancholy that no one can explain, and that comes in the night when you go to sleep. # 2Van2 #WillemElsschot

Finally, tall man and bespectacled man back home. It feels like they are gone forever!

The goodness of a man is a flame that is hidden, but not extinguished. #NelsonMandela

Great idea, bespectacled man. You can always rely on fire to raise the stakes in the game of "Apport"!

What seems to be a disaster, often proves to be a chance. #LaoTse

Here you go, @fastiller, I'm running a day late on this. RL has to come first. :-)

Edited by Raingirlkm
  • Love 3

Bear's tweets for S05:E02 - SNAFU:

Lady who speaks to herself no longer talk to herself. Wonder why?

FURRY SLIPPERS, I WILL DESTROY YOU!

She also lives with me. WE HAVE SO MUCH FUN ... but she spends a lot of time with the glowing boards.

But it is with man as with the trees ... #FriedrichNietzsche # 1Van4

... The more he wants to inform and into the light ... #FriedrichNietzsche # 2Van4

... Des pursue stronger roots into the earth ... #FriedrichNietzsche # 3Van4

... Down in the dark, the deep - into the evil. #FriedrichNietzsche # 4Van4

Picnic? An excursion where we eat outside? Why have we waited so long for this !?

I will miss fuzzy slipper roommate, but the glowing shelves will keep me company, talking to me ...

Both translation services I use had difficulty with the Nietzsche quote so I tried restoring it to a single sentence. Here's what I got then:

But it is with man as with the trees the more he came to the height and the light will the stronger efforts are rooted to the earth down into the dark, the deep - into the evil.

Bear's tweets for S05:E03 - Truth Be Told:

It is always easier to fight for principles than to follow them. #AlfredAdler

A collection of thoughts must be a moral pharmacy where you can find medicines for all ailments. #Voltaire

The past is not a suit that one can lay away #EmilyDickinson

Past you have, future you must make. #MarcAndries

• Love 1

I will miss fuzzy slipper roommate, but the glowing shelves will keep me company, talking to me ...

The Machine is probably generating high frequency tones that Bear can hear, but humans can't ;)  Time to fit Bear for his very own cochlear implant :D

• Love 2
22 hours ago, immortalfrieza said:

You know, oddly enough these Bear tweets are what I'm going to miss most of all when this show goes off the air, most shows don't put anywhere near as much effort into the animal sidekicks as this one.

Me too. And I can't thank @Raingirlkm enough for taking the time to translate & share them with us.  It's truly appreciated.  I wonder how long the show will keep the BearDeHond twitter account active after it goes off air.  

• Love 2

You're welcome, @fastiller. They're coming a little slower this year. Two episodes a week is a challenge, especially since my week is front-loaded with shows I watch anyway. At any rate, here come the tweets of Bear.

S05:E04 - 6741:

• The heart has friends, the brain is alone. #BranaCrncevic

• The mind becomes rich by what he receives; the heart is rich by what it gives. #VictorHugo

• It is a mark of an educated mind to be able to play with a thought without accepting it. #Aristotle

S05:E05 - ShotSeeker:

• If the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak. #WilliamShakespeare

• A man has two ears and one mouth for twice as much listening than talking. #Confucius

• The truth remains hidden from who is filled with desires and hatreds #Boeddha

• People, that many and uninhibited listening, were also the most telling #GodfriedBomans

I must take exception to Bear crediting Shakespeare for the first quote in ep05, though perhaps it was tweaked by Shakespeare, the original is from the Bible. In both Mark 14:38 and Matthew 26:41, Jesus comments to his apostles when they cannot stay awake to pray with him, "the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/30/2015 at 3:37 PM, Raingirlkm said:

"Beautiful hammer Lady ... in the phone? Bespectacled man ... What have you done?!"

Given the revelations of "The Day the World Went Away" this is now even more hilarious.

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 1

Sorry for the delay, guys. I finally got to see the three (three!!) episodes from last week so I have Bear's Tweets for those. I'm hoping to be all caught up by the end of the week so I can watch the final stretch live. :-)

So, without further ado, here are the tweets from May 23rd S05:E06 A More Perfect Union:

• Do not understand why I was not invited to the wedding. I could play the Irish lost shepherd.
• No worries, I'm getting snack time with fuzzy slipper roommate!
• Wait, now fuzzy slipper roommate goes to the wedding without me !?
• Whatever. Funny police officer and I do not want to go anyway to the wedding! We have to solve a mystery!
• Who wants revenge keeps his own wounds open. #FrancisBacon
• Something tells me this is a bad idea. The voice in my head? Or maybe the glowing shelves?
• Our walk through the dark tunnels would give most quite a scare, but I feel quite at home under the ground.
• FUNNY POLICEMAN. THIS IS A TRAP. WE MUST RUN FOR SAFETY.
• The human heart is a graveyard of buried hopes. #PeterSirius

And for the 24th, two episodes. I put them together here because there is no clear delineation as to where the break belongs. (The Aristotle quote is a little murky, so I'm not sure which ep it belongs to.)  I'll let you each use your own judgement. S05:E07 QSO/S05:E08 Reassortment:

• I need to keep a close eye on funny policeman. No one should be alone at the vet.
• The most incomprehensible part of the universe is that it is comprehensible. #AlbertEinstein
• The deepest blame are those which we regard from broken eyes that speak to us of silent lips. #ASCWallis
• I tried to tell the truth funny policeman, but you do not understand. Because you do not speak Dutch, of course.
• All you are is not believed achieved lying if you speak the truth. #Aristotle
• The medicine makes you die longer. #Plutarchus
• Wait, I feel like I was just at the vet for man ...
• You should not make yourself sick by drinking the health of another. #AlbertWillemetz
• Nothing does more harm in a state than to hold list for wisdom. #FrancisBacon
• If he calls, I'm the one who should ... as they say, take a bite out of crime.
• The greatest disease of our civilization is the view that it is sick. #GodfriedBomans

An alternate translation for the Aristotle is:

the only thing you achieve is not believed be lying if you are truthful.

which really doesn't clear it up at all.

• Love 1

At last I am all caught up! So here are Bear's tweets from last week:

S05:E09 - Sotto Voce

S05:E10 - The Day the World Went Away

• Sorry for the radio silence yesterday ... bespectacled man took my twitter after traipsing mud through the base.

• Success always depends on an accurate preparation and without that preparation, failure is a fact. #Confucius

• Disaster brings people together, when the evil that comes to them is the same. #Aristotle

• How can there be laughter, how can there be joy, as this world is always in flames? #Buddha

• If I am what I have and I lose everything I have, who am I then? #ErichFromm

• Those who leave us, do not feel the pain parting; those who stay behind suffer. #HenryWadsworthLongfellow

• Love 1
(edited)

I think we've found a way to do a PoI spinoff--once a month Bear gives us a regular Twitter update as to what he, Tiny Hammer Lady, and Funny Policeman are up to....

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 7