Type keyword(s) to search

Bear: Dutch "Speaking" Military-Attack-Guard Dog

Bear's tweets last night:

• In the home of beautiful lady hammer . Trying to take a selfie with a burner smartphone .

• Nix that last tweet . Lady who called himself talks and demanded radio silence . Twitter is undetectable , right?

• Though lovers be lost , love shall not ; And death shall have no dominion . # dylan thomas

• Guys , I left my hot pocket stash at the Library . All the beautiful hammer lady has in her refrigerator is cold grenades .

• I could go a little soft , but every military dog knows grenades are not tasty.

• Wait a minute . This apartment is lovely lady hammer . If no food is hidden here, I'll eat my hat . Figuratively. Maybe .

• My painting is dead . . . . I 'm not in the right place , I 'm not a painter . # michelangelo # sistinechapel

• Found : Three energy bars from a pillowcase, cereal box from under the sink , seven bananas on top of the refrigerator .

• Just found a mini fridge FULL OF STEAK . I LOVE YOU , BEAUTIFUL LADY HAMMER .

• Finally, I can post it , I selfie with all my new steak ! # delicious # PersonOfInterest pic.twitter.com/xVQVqGceGC

Edited by Raingirlkm
  • Love 4

Bear lives in the library and helps our intrepid heroes.   He is military trained and responds to Dutch language.

Some interesting trivia I got from here.

Since his introduction, Bear has appeared in every episode except "2πR", "Booked Solid", "Aletheia","4C", "Last Call", "RAM", and "Root Path (/)".

Talk about Bear here, his tweets, his contributions to episodes, etc.

• Love 1

I hope Bear is safe next week! There was a doggie casualty on Agents of SHIELD tonight and a pet corgi was attacked two episodes back on Hannibal! I mean, really. I know they are dog actors, but it still gets to me. Bear had best kick ass then watch his six.

Bear's tweets for "A House Divided":

• Everything depends on education . # tolstoy # warandpeace

• Long man sent me to the safehouse to hang out with three computer men. I've learned that wires are delicious.

• Smiling computer guy teaches me new tricks. He says "tooboe" and I make noise and he gives me a treat.

• The other computer men hate it

• Anyone who has ever accomplished anything great , amazing in its time an abomination , a destroyer . # LeopoldSchefer

• Here is my second attempt selfie . I call this one " The Bear and the Bull . " # PersonOfInterest pic.twitter.com/418XTrNxqY

• I tried to frown computer guy to help take me, but he says he's busy.

• Without a little fanaticism brings no one ever create something great. #RalphWaldoEmerson

• The story of the evolution unfolds with increasing levels of abstraction . # raykurzweil

• Smiling computer guy, frowning computer guy and bearded computer guy are gone. At least treats are still here.

• It was written I would be loyal to the nightmare of my choice. #heartofdarkness #josephconrad

• Love 3

Bear's tweets for Deus Ex Machina:

• Injustice is relatively easy to carry; It is justice that hurts. #hlmencken

• Tried to get a selfie in the police truck, but we were moving too much! /9zRqlT99FT #personofinterest pic.twitter.com

• History of humanity is ... a story of plans that have failed and deceived illusions true. #samueljohnson

• Can not talk. Busy sniffing bespectacled man thieves! #do not run #do not hide

• Who is trying to accomplish something big is admirable, even if he fails. # Seneca

• I like to think / (it should be!) / From a cybernetic ecology / where we are free of our labors ... # richardbrautigan

• ... and came back to nature / back to our mammalian / siblings ... # richardbrautigan

• ... and all / monitored by machines loving grace. # richardbrautigan

• Love 3

You're welcome.

This quote (from this interview) has me hoping we'll see more of Bear next season:

We definitely need to have Bear flashbacks this season, I think. I definitely don't think we've utilized Bear as a surveillance tool as much as we can.

I don't know about Bear flashbacks, but I'd dearly love to see Bear surveillance.

• Love 1

S4E1 - Bear's tweets:

Tall man rescued some books from the library for me! My mouth waters at the prospect ...

Bespectacled man has my opinion on a high frequency decision not asked ...

... I read a good paper on stochastic control theory I'd like to share ...

TALL MAN. TALL MAN. LOOK AT ME. I MISS YOU. DO YOU HAVE A BALL? HI. TALL MAN. I LOVE YOU.

What Samaritan? I have a secret identity? Dog the dog?

I should not act suspicious. Because Samaritan. Instead of eating books, I will eat shoes.

Wait. I also need to eat the books. Less conspicuous. That's what "dog dog" would do.

Hooray, the park again. THE PARK. With my friends. AND PEOPLE. Hurrah

All is to survive, with the exception of death. #OscarWilde

Where are we going? This is a strange route for our evening constitutional.

• Love 2

E4S2 - Bear's tweets:

• EGGS?! I WANT EGGS! Prepared in any form! Coagulated, over easy, raw ... you name it, I'll eat it!

• Ah , Nautili . Seen in nature , man, and man-made structures. Merely an example of the golden ratio.

• Tall man. I smell Aeschylus ... with a touch of Sophocles and a note of hamartia. And it smells delicious.

• It is a mark of an educated mind to be able to play with a thought without accepting it. #Aristoteles

• Curiosity will be more able to overcome the fear than courage. #JamesStephens

• Lady who talks themselves , need a reliable counterpart in the tropics? I smell something fishy on the beach.

• That everything that happens now fades in time, that it's all ephemeral and unreal ... #Boeddha

• unstable ... like a mirage , which is the deepest meaning of suffering. #Boeddha

• Love 1

Bear's tweets for S4.E3 Wingman:

• Intruder rodents evades capture. Unfortunately, I remain too big to hunt in his stronghold rats
  • Rather eaten by a beautiful lion than a thousand rats.
  • I can no longer stand idly by while the rats rule the city. We need to convey to them the battle.
  • Me and Hammer Beautiful Lady on the hunt. I will help you find funny cop if you help me find elusive rodent later.
  • Good job Beautiful Hammer Dame. This warehouse is a type of rodent stronghold.
  • We did not defeat the rodents ...
  • But ... we have salvation funny cop. He will be the key to the large rodents struggle to come.
  • Thanks for the nice story time,absegel. I'll be your wingman any day.
  • Love 2

Bear's tweets for S04E04: Brotherhood:

• The blood, sweat and tears of students who waited until the last minute to do their homework fuels me, bespectacled man.

• Truancy for clothes? WHY ?! I do not understand. Again, I do not wear clothes.

• A mole? No mention of rodents for me. Sore subject.

• Hammer Lady is short and sweet - pun intended ... Well, dear sometimes ... at least for me ...

• Human puppy should understand that tall man hates nothing more than those who try to kick puppies.

• If you believe in what you do, use your imagination and initiative, you can make a difference. #SamuelDash

• I know where the bugs are, bespectacled man. But I will not tell. No matter how many belly rubs you inflict on me.

• We know what we are, but know not what we can be. #shakespeare #ophelia

• Life is to be lived, not under control - #invisibleman #ellison

- and humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat. #invisibleman #ellison

• Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known. #palahniuk

I love that bear refers to children as "human puppies."

• Love 1

Bear's tweets from S04:E05 - Prophets:

• I have an exclusive relationship with the tall man, bespectacled man, hammer lady, and sometimes lady who talks themselves ... and sometimes funny policeman.

• Sometimes it's better not to know when getting a bath or go to the vet.

• Anything is better than lies and deception! #LeoTolstoy

• Why so sad, lady who themselves talk?! You are usually the exact opposite of anhedonia.

• I am happy to help tall man with his therapy. I give excellent advice and my prices are nominal.

• I like it when MOM and dad--I mean lady who themselves talk and bespectacled man to cooperate.

• Panic causes tunnel vision ... #SimonSinek.

• Calm acceptance of risk allows us to assess the situation and review the options. #SimonSinek

• Too long a sacrifice can make a stone of the heart. #WilliamBYeats

• A power that is united, can do all things in front of a majority, which it is not. #LouisCouperus

I had to look up "anhedonia" since at first I thought the translator wasn't translating it. From this article I learned it is the loss of interest in previously rewarding or enjoyable activities.

• Love 1

Bear's tweets for E04:S06 Pretenders:

• Raritan? You mean the American Indian tribe that once roamed these pristine areas, specifically New Jersey and Staten Island?

• It's okay, Hammer Lady. I've had much worse of a mess around here.

• Nobody knows the trouble I've seen. Nobody knows my sorrow ...

• Nobody knows the trouble I've seen. Nobody - oh, okay bespectacled man!

• I believe Master Bond lives in London, Detective Forge ... I mean Walter ...

• This guy needs to calm down before I set out the papers for him.

• HAHA - Hammer Lady and Long Man together? This man is a fool. ... that would be a deadly combination.

• If only all those guns were bones ... I would drool like tall man is likely at this time.

• You ask too many questions, fake man. #ThomasBerger Said: "The art and science of asking questions is the source of all knowledge."

• Aww, Walter. You make me feel things. This situation brings me back.

• You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor. #Aristotle

I loved that Bear responded to Harold on the phone, but the Bear tweet that really made me laugh was the one about setting out papers. The first translation engine I used didn't make much sense but when I plugged it into this one I realized Bear was referring to puppies that widdle when excited and the image of Walter as an excited puppy is pretty funny.

• Love 2

Bear's tweets from E04:S07 Honor Among Thieves:

• Exams? Not on my watch.
• Romeo, Romeo. Where art thou Romeo? Oh yes, on the way to the hospital because Hammer Lady kicked your ass. #Shakespeare 
• Each villain is not a thief, but every thief is a villain. #Aristoteles 
• FUNNY POLICE OFFICER! I SMELL SOMETHING! DRUGS! YOU'VE GOT DRUGS! GET HER, FUNNY POLICE OFFICER! 
• It is only the thieves who suspect the others are thief. #LouisPaulBoon 
• AHHH! Disinfect everything! 21 days in quarantine, Hammer Lady! Where are the surgical masks? 
• You know what else is relevant, bespectacled man? My empty food dish ... 
• What about that, team? I thought I was working for the DIY do-gooders to do good ... and for free food and belly rubs. 
• Hammer Lady always ensures that food from long man's plate gets in my mouth. She really is the Robin Hood of the dogs. 
• One of the most powerful tools that a ruler against conspiracy has ... Is that he is not hated by the vast majority of the people. #Machiavelli

• Love 1

Bear's tweets from S04:E08 'Point of Origin':

• He was blessed with an unconventional spirit, which took over its conventional, middle-class upbringing. #MichaelLewis

• Really, hammer Lady? I was expecting more of the hand that feeds me ... one of the hands that feeds me.

• Wow. Funny police officer snores louder than me, and that is saying something.

• People are so complex and multidimensional that increasing someone to ' Hero ' status is an oversimplification. #DaliaMogahed

• Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies. #FriedrichNietzsche

• Life always gives you a second chance. It is called tomorrow. #anonymous

• I was told grenade belts are in style.

• If turbulent water comes to rest, it gradually becomes clear. If something comes in slow motion, slowly comes to life. # Lao-Tse

• One often chooses for the attack and one makes enemies, to hide that you are weak State. #FriedrichNietzsche

• Love 1

Bear's tweets for S04:E09 "The Devil You Know":

• Win every setback, there is a silver lining...COME GIVE ME LOVE!

• Love your enemies, for they tell you your faults. #BenjaminFranklin

• I'm not angry that you lied to me, I'm upset that I can't believe you now. #FriedrichNietzsche

• ...Fear is a sign of common sense. Only complete idiots are not afraid of anything. #CarlosRuizZafon

• You just got served, scary blond woman.

• Hammer Lady, teach me your ways to get what you want!

• Love and friendship love each other as two brothers who have a legacy to divide. #AxelOxenstiern

• Once again, I have to monitor the underground library. Only and always vigilant. But first, a NAP is in order.

• The truth does the devil blush. #WilliamShakespeare

• Why, yes beautiful hammer Lady. You can join me in a marathon NAP.

• Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names. #JohnFKennedy

• Love 2

Bear's tweets for S04-E10: The Cold War:

• As long as the situation in foreign countries is stable, the situation in the Interior will also be stable. #Machiavelli #personofinterest #1VanDe2..

• ... unless this is disrupted by a conspiracy. #2VanDe2 #Machiavelli #personofinterest

• Only the truly virtuous others may love or hate. #Confucius

• The object of war is peace. #Aristoteles

• Touched by love, everyone becomes a poet. #Plato

• The language is given in order to conceal his thoughts. #Molière

• Many thanks to my wonderful smelling friend, @absegel
  • Love 1

Bear's Tweets for S04:E11 If-Then-Else"

• I love Hammer Dame, but the lady must learn patience is a virtue. I've already been benched.

• And the whole team is on this one ... everything except one ... the real hero ... I.

• There are no abandoned rats for hunting. Think it's time to secure the perimeter ... AGAIN.

• Secure perimeter. Again, I continue to protect the underground library. Again, I feel the "deja vu"

• The universe is so vast and timeless that human life can only be justified by the extent of sacrifice #VARosewarne

• Secure perimeter. Again, I continue to protect the underground library. Again, I feel the "deja vu"

• The universe is so vast and timeless that human life can only be justified by the extent of sacrifice #VARosewarne

• Very obscure quote. #Auteur

• Secure perimeter. Again, I continue to protect the underground library. Again, I feel the "Déjà vu"

I love the tweet during the simplified simulation: "• Very obscure quote. #Auteur"

• Love 4

Bear's tweets from E04:S12 Control-Alt-Delete (a bit sparse.):

• Absence now and then in the love of good influence and keep her ready and radiant. #RobertLouisStevenson

• Trust is good, control is better. #VladimirUlyanovLenin

• The true nature often remains hidden, is sometimes under control, but is rarely completely gone. #FrancisBacon

• Only in a time of turmoil can one distinguish with fidelity. #Confucius

• Between doing evil and do good, there is no difference other than the turmoil ... #HonoréDeBalzac #1VanDe2

• ... or the peace of conscience; it takes as much effort. #HonoréDeBalzac #2VanDe2

• Trust is good, control is better. #VladimirUlyanovLenin

Trust in Samaritan vs Control/Ma'am?

I love Bear,  I'm glad they kept him (her?  did I read somewhere it's a female dog) in the cast.  I always smile when Bear is in scenes.

I'm still cracking up reading Bear's tweets from last week, with report after report of patrolling the perimeter as the onscreen team goes through the simulations. Of course, the topper is "Very obscure quote."

How did Shaw get to be named Hammer Lady? I've forgotten why that particular blunt object stuck as Bear's nickname for her.

Wasn't it in 3x11 or 3x12, when Harold was all "Ms. Shaw, John is a scalpel, you're a hammer" and Shaw said something like "Well, it's hammer time, Harold"? I think that was it. That exchange never ever fails to crack me up (in no small measure because Mister I'm Going To T-Bone All The Cars is in no way more subtle than Shaw!).

• Love 1

Bear's tweets for S04:E13 - M.I.A.:

I hope they find Hammer Lady. She is the only one who knows exactly where to scratch ... and shoot guns.

The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. #EdmundBurke

Weiss sounds like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Schrödinger's cat or not, a cat is still a cat. WOOF.

How little do they see what really is, who frame their hasty judgment about that what appears to be. #RobertSouthey

In Irish, Carrow means an itinerant gambler. Samaritan is literally gambling with people.

Sometimes it's better not to know. Sometimes, if you do know you fold up. #RobinMcKinley

Bear's Tweets from S04:E14 - Guilty:

• Always a pleasure to meet a teacher who educates human pups in their mother tongue ... abbreviations must stop.

• BESPECTACLED MAN?! Oh ... his number for the jury. Phrasing, judge!

• Suspicion wast in 't always guilty heart. #WilliamShakespeare

• The one thing that does not abide by majority rule is a person's conscience. #HarperLee

• A grain of rice can tip the scale. One man may be the difference between victory and defeat. #Khan #Mulan

• Bespectacled man has been charged with one of the biggest challenges in life, changing the minds of New Yorkers..

• An evening when everyone agrees, is a lost evening. #Albert Einstein

• Before I can live with other people I have to live with myself. #HarperLee

• Sin, guilt, neurosis - they are one: the fruit of the tree of knowledge. #HenryMiller

• Love 1

Bear's Tweets from S04:E15 - Q&A:

• I am a better fetcher and retriever than computer wannabes will ever be.

• You know a friend only after one has eaten much salt with him. #Aristoteles

• Do not be afraid to speak for honesty, truth and compassion against injustice, lying, and greed. #WilliamFaulkner

• In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. #GeorgeOrwell

• Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. #Philo

• Everyone calls himself a friend; only a fool trusts them ... #JeandeLaFontaine

• ... that name is just enough, but true friendship is rare. #JeandeLaFontaine

• Love 1

Rather belatedly (RL gets in the way sometimes.) here are Bear's tweets for S04:E16 - Blunt

• OM NOM NOM...Bone or Bontoni, tastes still delicious.

• Stay in school, human puppies! It may seem like a waste of time but that diploma is priceless.

• Cutting a rug improves cognitive skills and reduces depression and stress.

• Who wants to eat with the devil must have a long spoon. #WilliamShakespeare

• No chaos to me. I'd rather have my days with regularly scheduled meals and several constitutionals.

• Wish long man took me to that Diner. I have a Growl or two saved for criminal child prodigy. #PersonOfInterest @Winston_Duke

• Yes ...Bespectacled Man trusts me to stay away from his shoes and his exams continue ... and we all know how that ends.

• Anyone who understands my music will never be unhappy. #LudwigVanBeethoven

• Next time, I demand that my friend @absegel takes me to Boost Club for dancing

• Love 1

Bear's tweets for S04:E17 Karma:

• No? The answer must be an unequivocal yes. Dogs are also roommates.

• Hector fell for the carnitas? Amateurish. Oldest trick in the book.

• I do not know about this Hector. He seems to me to be the culprit.

• Everything falls to survive nowadays, except death. #OscarWilde

• And Hector goes out with his new friend and convenient alibi. Am I the only one seeing what is really going on?

• One day, a ring box to warn us about Hector. And if so, do not say I did not warn you.

• YES. YES. A WALK. TALL MAN GLASSES MAN AND MYSELF, WALKING. TOGETHER.

• Love 1

Well, I've nominated Bear for the "Disparate Things" competition on the front page (of Previously.tv). So keep an eye out for it, and when it turns up, let's GET OUT THE VOTE!

• Love 2