Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I would love to see Munch and Cragen back, they are sorely missed now. Belzer did look to be in poor health inhis last appearance and yeah his personal life has been difficult, a lot of Munch’s tragic backstory resembles Belzer’s. Don’t know about Florek/Cragen or what he’s up to. I think both actors would make appearances if the writers asked them to, but the writers are too busy kissing Mariska’s ass to focus on anything else, anything that isn’t Benson related doesn’t matter anymore.

Hard to believe the 1st time I saw Belzer was well over 40 years ago in "The Groove Tube!" Wow; we're old, but he's ancient now! ;-)

On 3/13/2018 at 5:55 PM, Xeliou66 said:

No there never was any of that that I recall. We haven’t heard a word about Ken and Alejandro since the end of season 17. I have to say, I’m glad they are finally remember Fin has a family since we have to see Benson raising the sex traffickers brat every other episode, I’m so sick of Noah, glad we are getting something different. I’m also curious as to who will visit  Peter Stone, since he told McCoy he had no living family but we do know Ben mentioned a daughter to Schiff once so I wonder if any of that will be cleared up.

Had to look it up because it was bugging me. In the episode Intersecting Lives, Fin had dinner with Ken and Ken told him that they'd gotten a surrogate who was a couple months pregnant with a boy, and showed him a picture on his phone (presumably of a sonogram). So I guess that's the scene I was thinking of. That ep aired in May of 2016 so in theory the baby could be like a year and a half old, assuming everything worked out, but I guess we don't know for sure that it did.

• Love 1
(edited)

The press release for the two hour finale is published. It sounds like yet ANOTHER hostage situation where Olivia must ride to the rescue. Of course.

And even though it's not in the press release, Michael Chernuchin gave a statement to TV Guide that basically said that "something terrible happens to one of our characters." 

Should we take bets on who and what it is? My guess is that it's something to do with Amanda and that will either kill her (probably not) or is the cause of her departure. The title of the episode "Remember Me" just brings to mind "Heartfelt Passages" and how that played out. 

Edited by ForeverAlone
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, ForeverAlone said:The press release for the two hour finale is published. It sounds like yet ANOTHER hostage situation where Olivia must ride to the rescue. Of course.

And even though it's not in the press release, Michael Chernuchin gave a statement to TV Guide that basically said that "something terrible happens to one of our characters." 

Should we take bets on who and what it is? My guess is that it's something to do with Amanda and that will either kill her (probably not) or is the cause of her departure. The title of the episode "Remember Me" just brings to mind "Heartfelt Passages" and how that played out. 

Yeah I’m not happy that it sounds like St Olivia saves the day once again, I’m so sick of these repeated plots, Mariska’s ego is out of control. 

And where is the interview where Chernuchin said something terrible happens to someone? I haven’t found it anywhere. If something does happen, I'm afraid it’s with Stone since his sister will be in the last couple of episodes, they may kill her off, the storyline has to be going somewhere so I wonder if she will die. I hope Stone returns for season 20, does anyone know if he will? 

I wouldn’t care if Rollins left, she’s a screw up and a drama queen, I don’t give a fuck about her anymore. 

• Love 1

The blurb was in the print version of TV Guide. I saw it posted on Tumblr under the SVU tag.

I CAN see them killing off Peter's sister, but that will likely only be for shock value, since she isn't some beloved character, nor would any fans really care all that much. Plus she has zero impact on the rest of the show. I can't see Phillip leaving the show, because he just got to the show. He's clearly Michael's pet and he's gotten more personal  character development in just a few episodes than Rafael got in his years. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I'm afraid it’s with Stone since his sister will be in the last couple of episodes, they may kill her off,

Do you think, that they are stupid enough to have Stone commit a "mercy killing", just like Barba? I will guess it's a 50-50 chance.

• Love 1

Yeah, I do. The rep of the Manhattan DA's office is in the toilet in reality so....why not? They made Barba a conflicted trainwreck ( thank you six years of Benson's assinine influence), Christine Lahti's ADA was a drunk, Sharon Stone was a meltdown, Judith Light an unethical bitch, EADA Haden had to resign because of Benson's open thigh policy with her male colleagues, so, yeah, why not? Totally in keeping with the way it goes in the Manhattan DA's office! Apparently.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, QueenMab said:

Yeah, I do. The rep of the Manhattan DA's office is in the toilet in reality so....why not? They made Barba a conflicted trainwreck ( thank you six years of Benson's assinine influence), Christine Lahti's ADA was a drunk, Sharon Stone was a meltdown, Judith Light an unethical bitch, EADA Haden had to resign because of Benson's open thigh policy with her male colleagues, so, yeah, why not? Totally in keeping with the way it goes in the Manhattan DA's office! Apparently.

Don’t forget them turning former ADA Cabot into a vigilante! They seem to be wanting to destroy all of the ADA’s. That being said, I don’t think they will have Stone do a mercy killing, because for one it’s not like his sister is brain dead and can’t live or know what going on around her like the baby Barba pulled the plug on, and Stone is way too rational to do something like that, and plus the writers like Stone and know how to write for him which they didn’t for Barba. So I don’t think that will happen, but I think they may kill off Stone’s sister, either by suicide or accidental overdose. 

I’m more worried than in the wake of all the issues concerning Stone’s sister, he will turn to St Olivia for comfort and they will either hook up or develop an unprofessional bond like Benson/Barba had. I really don’t want to see Stone and Benson have that kind of relationship, but since Benson seems to develop unprofessional relationships with colleagues regularly I wouldn’t be shocked if it happened.

• Love 2

Ahhhhh Xeliou....you KNOW it's gotta happen. Benson has banged every ADA with a penis for the past twenty years....so they can really "trust" each other and work together 24/7 effectively (gag). She should have a tattoo above her va-jayjay...."abandon hope all ye ADA's who enter here". He's already "wining and dining" her.  I give it a 99% chance unless BX9 shoots Stone dead.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, QueenMab said:

Ahhhhh Xeliou....you KNOW it's gotta happen. Benson has banged every ADA with a penis for the past twenty years....so they can really "trust" each other and work together 24/7 effectively (gag). She should have a tattoo above her va-jayjay...."abandon hope all ye ADA's who enter here". He's already "wining and dining" her.  I give it a 99% chance unless BX9 shoots Stone dead.

Benson and Stone have already gotten way too close, especially after Benson treating him like shit when they were first introduced. Notice how they are frequently at bars/restaurants together, and now Stone is already calling her “Liv”, I wonder if Benson will soon give him a pet name like she did “Rafa”. I really hope their relationship doesn’t become like the Barson relationship, but since Benson seems to specialize in unprofessional relationships with colleagues it probably will. 

• Love 1

"Pe Tah! Pe tah Pe tah Pe tah! " The Bette Davis choice. Or they could go "Little Rascals" with PETEY! Or, since she's so fluent in Italian (Bwahahaha...sorry) how about Pietro? That's romantic sounding. They could go Jersey with "yo Pete!" Let's start a pool....

• Love 1
4 hours ago, QueenMab said:

Benson has banged every ADA with a penis for the past twenty years....

And a couple without if the subtext (and the fanfic!) can be believed...

• Love 2

(Moving this over from the episode thread since it's speculation and not about the upcoming episode)

3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

No, there was also a fake governor on CI in S1's "The Pardoner's Tale". So, like I said, real politicians mixed with not real. No big deal. Just saying the chances of addressing Schneiderman is a crap shoot because of it.

Personally I think there's a decent chance they rip from these headlines. They have given the powerful influential man is a big hypocrite who abuses women a bit of a rest and this is the kind of story they love to do about our crusading squad standing up to VIPs despite the brass wanting to cover it up. Of course if they do it they will make up a fictitious AG and maybe even make him Lt. Governor or some other state official and change a few details and probably put on an explicit disclaimer (while loudly promoting it as ripped from the headlines!) The other way I see them addressing it is that they are interviewing some perp who is pretending to be a saint. Benson will say something about how she's been doing this for two decades and has never met someone who is such a mix of sadism and sanctimony and Fin (or Carisi if Fin has the week off) will reply "Didn't you attend that reception for the Attorney General last year?"

4 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

(Moving this over from the episode thread since it's speculation and not about the upcoming episode)

Personally I think there's a decent chance they rip from these headlines. They have given the powerful influential man is a big hypocrite who abuses women a bit of a rest and this is the kind of story they love to do about our crusading squad standing up to VIPs despite the brass wanting to cover it up. Of course if they do it they will make up a fictitious AG and maybe even make him Lt. Governor or some other state official and change a few details and probably put on an explicit disclaimer (while loudly promoting it as ripped from the headlines!) The other way I see them addressing it is that they are interviewing some perp who is pretending to be a saint. Benson will say something about how she's been doing this for two decades and has never met someone who is such a mix of sadism and sanctimony and Fin (or Carisi if Fin has the week off) will reply "Didn't you attend that reception for the Attorney General last year?"

True! Still, while it is indeed ripped from the headlines - and a new hypocritical politician, the thing is, SVU has tackled this more than once (it seems) and, even if new, will seem sort of stale, anyway. Just by virtue of age. But we'll see.

That said, I can also see this mixed in with some other past or future scandal, just to muddy the waters, too.

Honestly? I think Dick Wolf salivates for a S21, since he totally screwed the Mothership over for the turd that was L&O: Los Angeles back in the day. Even the one-season fellow failure, L&O: Trial By Jury, was less of a hot mess. (Conviction? A draw.)

At least Wolf had three strong successes out of it all, in terms of the franchise.

But I think he finally wants to break the record Gunsmoke has, and if he can get SVU to S21, he'll do it, questionable quality be damned.

• Love 4

Yeah Wolf wants a season 21 so he can break the record. The mothership would have gotten that had they not gone with the worthless LA show, it deserved a season 21, it’s final season was such high quality. SVU’s quality isn’t bad, this season has been an drastic improvement over season 18, but Mariska’s ego has grown to an enormous size and it’s really hurt the show. 

I’m glad it’s been renewed though. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yeah Wolf wants a season 21 so he can break the record. The mothership would have gotten that had they not gone with the worthless LA show, it deserved a season 21, it’s final season was such high quality. SVU’s quality isn’t bad, this season has been an drastic improvement over season 18, but Mariska’s ego has grown to an enormous size and it’s really hurt the show. 

I’m glad it’s been renewed though. 

I thought you guys were "putting the cart before the horse", talking about  season 21 for SVU. then I saw a headline that said SVU and the Chicago shows were renewed for next season. I wonder if they would ask Rene Balcer to write a few episodes for next season?

• Love 1
20 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Honestly? I think Dick Wolf salivates for a S21, since he totally screwed the Mothership over for the turd that was L&O: Los Angeles back in the day. Even the one-season fellow failure, L&O: Trial By Jury, was less of a hot mess. (Conviction? A draw.)

At least Wolf had three strong successes out of it all, in terms of the franchise.

But I think he finally wants to break the record Gunsmoke has, and if he can get SVU to S21, he'll do it, questionable quality be damned.

How do you figure Dick Wolf screwed over the mothership? Everything I've ever read said that was entirely NBC's decision and that Wold was super pissed off. Never saw any rumors that said he agreed with NBC that LA had more potential or turned down some reasonable offer. I think it's abundantly clear that breaking the record is the one thing he cares about at this point beyond making money. And of course Dick Wolf always wants another season of every series he's ever created (he was even seriously floating another season of CI when everyone else involved (the stars, the writers, the network) was trying to end things on a good note for the fans. I think SVU ends when Mariska decides she's had enough barring some combination of a sharp drop in ratings and an increase in successful scripted programming from non-Wolf sources (This Is Us: SVU?) Dick Wolf just isn't built to decide to call it a day and go out on top.

If I recall, and maybe I'm wrong (I am sometimes! LOL!), I thought I read when this drama was going on that Wolf and NBC were trying to hash things out in terms of the entire franchise back then. (Including CI, as USA is an NBC property and it was still airing then...)

I thought I recalled part of the negotiations were between Wolf and NBC surrounding getting L&O: LA on the air and the money for the Mothership had become too costly to maintain everything, so that took the hit.

Again, maybe I misremembered. But even if Wolf didn't screw the Mothership, NBC did, and the result was still the same.

On 5/8/2018 at 1:40 PM, QueenMab said:

By "every ADA with a penis" do you mean two ADAs over the course of 20 years (York and Haden)? Or did I miss a few dozen episodes where Olivia apparently sleeps with all these men you're talking about. 

• Love 3
(edited)
Spoiler

Leaving dislikes or sympathies towards the character, do you know if the giddish leaves the series? I did not even see a picture of her at the closing party, I read an article article where there is "something  terrible happens one of our characters " ... I'm afraid that Amanda will not be in the 20 series.

Edited by RollinsRollins
On 5/10/2018 at 7:10 PM, WendyCR72 said:

If I recall, and maybe I'm wrong (I am sometimes! LOL!), I thought I read when this drama was going on that Wolf and NBC were trying to hash things out in terms of the entire franchise back then. (Including CI, as USA is an NBC property and it was still airing then...)

I thought I recalled part of the negotiations were between Wolf and NBC surrounding getting L&O: LA on the air and the money for the Mothership had become too costly to maintain everything, so that took the hit.

Again, maybe I misremembered. But even if Wolf didn't screw the Mothership, NBC did, and the result was still the same.

I agree that the result was still the same, and a crime, I was just curious as I had never heard anyone saying Dick Wolf was part of it before, other than NBC PR flacks off the record after everyone said cancelling a series that had made them so much money and was doing OK in the ratings while it was at a high point creatively was monumentally stupid. That's when they came out with all the quotes about how Dick Wolf was a cheap bastard (true) who wasn't willing to work with the network (that I don't buy) or that they were working on some sort of grand bargain and this was part of it or that it was just about money. I tend to think that it was damage control and that Dick Wolf was not on board in any way since it was just about the only time after he entered CEO mode that he was publicly critical of NBC. As part of the jury of public opinion it's our job to appropriately apportion guilt for the murder of the mothership and I think NBC is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, but I need to see much more evidence before declaring DIck Wolf guilty. Heck I personally don't even see enough evidence for the lesser included offenses or a compromise verdict of manslaughter...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ForeverAlone said:

It's going to be weird with SVU on Thursdays. It doesn't really fit in with the the rest of Thursday's lineup, but I guess NBC wanted their all Chicago night. 

Could be worse: After over a decade on Wednesday nights, the Mothership, IIRC, was dumped on Friday nights when it wound down. Thursday, as far as I know, is still prime TV "real estate", so to speak.

• Love 4

I found out tidbits for the 5/23/2018 finale. I don't know how surprised you'll be though. A young woman takes a man hostage at gunpoint and Benson makes a dangerous attempt to defuse the situation. Meanwhile SVU discovers the shocking motive behind the abduction.

• Love 3

Season finale sounds average but it could provide a cliffhanger if Benson finally gets shot pulling her gung ho lead the charge stunt again. Final shot of her getting wheeled into emergency with an oxygen mask over her face would make a good soap opera drama "OMG" season ending. Get the fangirls all blubbery and everything. Can't wait.......

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, QueenMab said:

Season finale sounds average but it could provide a cliffhanger if Benson finally gets shot pulling her gung ho lead the charge stunt again. Final shot of her getting wheeled into emergency with an oxygen mask over her face would make a good soap opera drama "OMG" season ending. Get the fangirls all blubbery and everything. Can't wait.......

I thought I found something new on the finale when I jumped ahead on my TVguide, but most of it was already posted on IMDb under SVU's episodes. They say there will be a major crime network, that will stop at nothing to get what they want. Since James Bond hasn't been around for a while, I wonder if SPECTRE is moving into Manhattan?

• Love 2

I’m afraid the season finale will once again be Benson saves the day and stops a criminal operation by herself and everyone bows in awe of the holy Olivia. 

I’m glad Olivet is returning for the finale, this show desperately needs a psych expert. 

I wonder what is up with Stone’s sister, and why they keep bringing her back. I think they will kill her off in the season finale, because I don’t see the point of bringing her back for season 20. I just hope Benson doesn’t get involved or that Stone turns to Benson for comfort, although I’m afraid that’s what will happen, setting the stage for another nauseating, unprofessional Benson/ADA relationship.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’m glad Olivet is returning for the finale, this show desperately needs a psych expert. 

I hope she is involved in a much more reasonable way than Cabot.  I have a dreadful feeling that the writers (and or producers) will have her doing something illegal even though it's for a very good reason.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, dttruman said:

I hope she is involved in a much more reasonable way than Cabot.  I have a dreadful feeling that the writers (and or producers) will have her doing something illegal even though it's for a very good reason.

Not our Olivet!  She simply cannot go rogue!  If they assassinate the character of another return character, I will be fuming.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CelticBlackCat said:

Not our Olivet!  She simply cannot go rogue!  If they assassinate the character of another return character, I will be fuming.

CI also had Olivet on for Logan, and they did right by her (and her history with Logan, IIRC!), but then, that was years ago with more capable writing, so...cross your fingers it holds?

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, dttruman said:

I doubt it since Olivet has already been on once this season, in Pathological, where she was just in her normal role of psych expert but I can never be fully confident in these writers. I always like seeing them bring back prior characters, and other than Cabot they’ve done it well.

• Love 2

Since SVU has one more season, unless they cancel it in December. Do you think Hargitay will have Benson hang up her shield? Or here is one for you. Do you think she has the ego (and the pull) to try and have Benson transfer to another city, like Chicago? She would be the new veteran cop from NYC who joins the cast of Chicago PD. Soon after that, she and Voight work together and then start up a relationship?

I think SVU has 2 more seasons at least, and I’m not sure how it will end, but I think it will end with more Benson worship and Benson going on solving crimes and saving rape victims. 

• Love 1
On 5/14/2018 at 8:32 PM, WendyCR72 said:

CI also had Olivet on for Logan, and they did right by her (and her history with Logan, IIRC!), but then, that was years ago with more capable writing, so...cross your fingers it holds?

Under Chernuchin they have done well with the returning characters from the mothership. Dworkin was great. McCoy's eulogy for Ben Stone did both of those characters justice. It's obvious that he knows and loves those characters and will only go so far to SVUize them. So I think they've earned a little bit of trust. It's recurring characters from SVU's past that MC knows only from his watching of "selected episodes" that we have to be worried about. We could get something pretty good like Warner or something that totally disregards everything we know like Cabot.

• Love 3
(edited)

Aside from Cabot they’ve done the recurring characters exceptionally well. 

McCoy was terrific, Olivet and Warner were terrific, Dworkin was great, the tribute to Stone was great. I think Olivet will just be there to provide her expertise like she was in Pathological, I don’t think she will be OOC or the focus of the episode.

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 1

Personally, until they start writing better for the current castmembers who aren't named Olivia Benson, I'm not on board with them bringing back any old-timers.  Well, unless we're talking Barba.  He can come back.  Anytime.

• Love 2

Xeliou66 made a comment about Stone (Remember Me discussion) might be starting up a relationship with Benson because he won't have any relatives in NY now. What if he invited her out to dinner and sitting at another table across the room are Cassidy, Moss, Tucker, Haden, and Barba swapping stories?

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, dttruman said:

Xeliou66 made a comment about Stone (Remember Me discussion) might be starting up a relationship with Benson because he won't have any relatives in NY now. What if he invited her out to dinner and sitting at another table across the room are Cassidy, Moss, Tucker, Haden, and Barba swapping stories?

We get it. She's a whore.

• Love 1
On 5/29/2018 at 11:49 AM, dttruman said:

Yes, going on a date and running into an ex would be awkward. Going on a date and running into some sort of club of ex-lovers (plus Barba for some reason) would be ridiculous. A never married, middle-aged woman having had serious relationships with a handful of men over the span of 20 years… not particularly remarkable. 

And Stone and Benson is never going to happen, just like Benson and Barba was never going to happen. 

On 5/29/2018 at 12:30 PM, Picture It. Sicily said:

We get it. She's a whore.

Unrelated but I love your user name! 

• Love 2

It looks like SVU is in production already for the new season. If your in NYC, they will be filming around Atlantic Ave. and Hicks St. in Brooklyn on Wednesday July 25th. If anybody can check it out we could maybe get some scoop on what's coming this season. Just a heads up.

• Love 1

I was never fond of Jack M. At first as really he needed to put up or shut up. And at times, should had been taken down a notch. Or a cop haul off and hit him. He was just high and mighty and the least popular ADA Jamie Ross really was a cold as ice person. And glad that they got rid of her after two years.

Jack IMHO was a sexist pig. And treated women at times like you know whats. Still glad he mellowed out later on and acted like a father figure. But still at times, needed to grow up.

But really Mariska as a producer. Do not think she has an ego. And it is still an large ensemble. As really miss Cragen and Richard B!